Posters 06 World Tour

Comments

• aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    Originally Posted by aus_suz
    Cool....was your framing expensive ...
    I rang and got a couple of quotes yesterday and it varied between 69 and 137$.....
    Thats weird how the ppl that did the aussie posters are still selling posters even after they have gone over the 1,000 limit....wouldnt that make them less collectable...?? ..If they just keep doing supply and demand....

bostonlou wrote:
    why would you say they've gone over the 1,000 limit?

Hi I posted this b4 I went to bed last night....
    I will find the post that I read and post it back here...
    I thought the posters were limited numbers and was just querying what I had read....I dont believe everything I read on the net..thats why I was asking ppl that may know the truth...I originally thought there was 1,000 printed
    300 go to the show then the band have 200, 300 to the 10c and the artists gets 200.....I know ppl have been ordering the set directly from Beyond the Pale. Should Beyond the Pale be selling the on the net?? And if so who stops them from printing more. If the original set printed was numbered 1 to 1,000 I guess this may stop extra prints....anyway I will try and find the post....
    bostonlou wrote:
    this is not true

i love how people believe anything they read on the net

beyond the pale saved some of the 1000 to sell on his own... that is what he is doing

aus_suz is mistaking this for more prints being printed

I dont believe everything I read thats why I queried it...
    Perhaps I misread it...
    I Know Newcastle had only 300 posters for sale at the show..
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by E.K
    True. I really want the Sydney 1 and Sydney 3 posters now because I was there.

Baystone
    Red Mosquito Join Date: Jan 2004

If you want to get the posters email the guy from http://www.beyondthepale.com.au and let him know which ones you want. He charges $35 for each. He doesn't seem to be to worried about the limit of 1000 for each either, so there shouldn't be a problem.

This was the post I read last night...I did read another one a few days ago will see if I can find that too...
    Can u trust that they keep to the 1,000 limit...??
    I cant find the other post may not have been on here anyway ..may have been at LW..
    Anyway it was saying where the shop is in St Kilda and about buying posters from there.....
    Anyway how much is this guy selling them in Ebay for??
  • Qball wrote:
    Holy Grail? No way. These posters are basically fakes. They were made after the shows. They were made by missing link which it was speculated that missing link=Ames but no one can prove this. These posters are real in the sense that they are silkscreened and limited but these were never sold at the shows and only few could buy them. Also the band never saw these prints and gave them the ok to sell. I've had many oppurtunities to buy these but I think besides the rosemont, the other designs suck IMO. Oh by the way the guy selling them is a great guy and yes he is the mod over at bry. He is 100% reliable!

If you had a chance to buy these for a reasonable price and didnt your nuts!! I wouldnt call the posters fakes,I wish I could acquire them.
  • QballQball Posts: 283
    If you had a chance to buy these for a reasonable price and didnt your nuts!! I wouldnt call the posters fakes,I wish I could acquire them.
    A reasonable price to me is face value. These were not ok'd by the band. These are basically bootleg posters and that is why they were pulled from selling. I had a chance to buy all three for $900! I've collected posters for so long and never have desired these 3. Not every show back in the day had a poster. If I went to a show and wanted to make a poster after the tour because they didn't have one at my show it would be no different. These posters werent sold at the shows because they didnt make it there or werent printed yet, they didnt make it because they didnt exist.
  • BaystoneBaystone Posts: 111
    aus_suz wrote:
    I cant find the other post may not have been on here anyway ..may have been at LW..
    Anyway it was saying where the shop is in St Kilda and about buying posters from there.....
    Anyway how much is this guy selling them in Ebay for??
    I'm reasonably certain that this is one of his. http://cgi.ebay.com.au/PEARL-JAM-Melbourne-2006-Ltd-Ed-Aussie-Godzilla-Poster_W0QQitemZ320053184964QQihZ011QQcategoryZ29940QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem
    All of the posters he has for sale at this online store are also available at the store in St. Kilda. I could be wrong, but I just find it hard to believe that he has managed to sell only from the small allocation that he had from the 1000 considering that he is selling posters as whole sets and singles. I've personally seen 6 of the Melbourne 1 posters sold in the 20 minutes I've spent in the store and the order book on the counter full of Pearl Jam orders.
    I only lied because it was the easiest way to get what I wanted.
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    wow

all this buzz about aussie posters is making my leg 1, 2 & 3 subsets seem to be good deals ! :rolleyes:

( :confused: how in the hell did that happen ? :confused: )
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    expressobeans accepted my artwork image

check it out

http://www.expressobeans.com/show.php?id=39531&view=2
    platessmall.jpg
    Baystone wrote:
    I'm reasonably certain that this is one of his. http://cgi.ebay.com.au/PEARL-JAM-Melbourne-2006-Ltd-Ed-Aussie-Godzilla-Poster_W0QQitemZ320053184964QQihZ011QQcategoryZ29940QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem
    All of the posters he has for sale at this online store are also available at the store in St. Kilda. I could be wrong, but I just find it hard to believe that he has managed to sell only from the small allocation that he had from the 1000 considering that he is selling posters as whole sets and singles. I've personally seen 6 of the Melbourne 1 posters sold in the 20 minutes I've spent in the store and the order book on the counter full of Pearl Jam orders.

Thats very interesting....
    Makes them less valueable.....
    He must be loving the prices they are fetching in ebay...
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,624
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    expressobeans accepted my artwork image

check it out

http://www.expressobeans.com/show.php?id=39531&view=2
    I think that the cover for U218 shows us the title was not referring to 18 songs, but to the picture where Bono and Adam were only 18 years old (and Edge and Larry 17, though Larry looks 13, he looked 17 when he was 35)
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Poncier wrote:
    I think that the cover for U218 shows us the title was not referring to 18 songs, but to the picture where Bono and Adam were only 18 years old (and Edge and Larry 17, though Larry looks 13, he looked 17 when he was 35)

haha

good observation !

that definitely could be...
    platessmall.jpg
  • bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
    Baystone wrote:

"reasonably certain"? it's your opinion that he can't count to 1000 ... you have no facts to back it up... and that's fine... opinions are like assholes... well have one

his email did say "approx" 1000 of each... maybe it's more like 1100?

but no one knows how many subs were sold... judging from the reaction in this thread and on other PJ sites and on expresso beans... only a handful or people picked up subs...

I've only dealt with the guy through email and he seemed ok there.... and I'm sure Pearl Jam wouldn't of picked him if he was shady

although I still don't understand the email address issue this guy has

sorry bathgate
    1) 1 aussie starting a rumor and another one believing it does not constitute a "buzz"
    2) nothing is going to make your subs look good ...

:)
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
    anyone ever ship a poster via USPS and it got lost?
    i sent one Priority Mail to Cali on Nov 13 and it hasn't got there yet.
    i didn't have insurance or signature. just delivery confirmation.
    it was an ebay transaction

am I f'd? do I have to refund the money and then just be out a poster?

i know i can find this info somewhere.... and I will look
    just thought I would ask my poster peeps and see if anyone ever experienced
    thanks
    bostonlou wrote:
    sorry bathgate
    1) 1 aussie starting a rumor and another one believing it does not constitute a "buzz"

Bah Humbug

& they do look good,..

in my box at the bottom of a closet !

:p
    platessmall.jpg
    bostonlou wrote:

thanks
    Not totally! Did you track the delivery confirmation? The only reason I say you are screwed is because the USPS is the worst to file a claim. I got hosed out of a s/n easy street(yeah still a tough one to swallow)!
    bostonlou wrote:

thanks

no insurance = you are kcuffed

unless it was delivered,.. and the purchaser is trying to pull a fast one on you . :confused:
    The other day i waited for hours for a delivery via UPS. I ran out for a few, then when io returned to my building, i saaw the UPS truck. So instead of missing him in the elevators going up and down, i waited downstairs for the guy in green. Finally after about 10 minutes he made his way down, I approached- and he was like " Oh- did you get it ? I left it outside your door , on the floor ..." :eek:

i was like " WTF " ? They arent supposed to do that ! :mad:
    I got my package- but just saying- sometimes even the postal carriers / UPS guys get lazy , and don't do the right thing .
    Hope that it turns up for you, Lou .
    platessmall.jpg
    Qball wrote:
    Not totally! Did you track the delivery confirmation? The only reason I say you are screwed is because the USPS is the worst to file a claim. I got hosed out of a s/n easy street(yeah still a tough one to swallow)!

according to the USPS site it has not been delivered.

all it says is that i printed out the label on sunday night :(

"Label/Receipt Number: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on November 12, 2006 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. No further information is available for this item."

and what sucks is I've sold a couple of posters recently and I forget if I dropped this one off at the post office near work or the one near home or my mailbox.

how am I going to file a claim when I can't remember where the F I left the stupid thing...

why couldn't they just get the f'n shipment right
  • whistlewhistle Posts: 268
    bostonlou wrote:

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on November 12, 2006 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. No further information is available for this item."

and what sucks is I've sold a couple of posters recently and I forget if I dropped this one off at the post office near work or the one near home or my mailbox.

how am I going to file a claim when I can't remember where the F I left the stupid thing...

Best of luck Lou!

Cant really offer any suggestions, our postal service is hit and miss at the best of times. Ive had stuff arrive in a week, others have taken 6-8weeks. Canadian customs is the biggest pain in the ass going... not sure if you guys remember my problems with the Ames sub,btu its still going on!!
    http://www.expressobeans.com/trader.php?id=whistle55&view=4

08/22/98 - 06/29/03 - 09/28/04 - 10/02/04 - 09/11/05 - 09/12/05 - 09/13/05 - 09/19/05 - 05/09/06 - 05/10/06 - 05/16/06 - 05/19/06 <-- best bday present ever! - 12/02/06
  • RWRW Posts: 97
    bostonlou wrote:

Did you contact the recipient? I've shipped a few recently and the USPS site doesn't always show the correct tracking results. Once it showed the poster as DELIVERED in MY zip code on the day I shipped it, and once it never showed as delivered even though the buyer told me he got it.
  • bostonlou wrote:

thanks

Not sure if this is any help, but I just recieved a poster from caring fan last week, and the date that is was mailed was like Sep. 30th. I looked at the tracking number online, and it had never been updated the whole time from PA to California.
    Did you contact the recipient? I've shipped a few recently and the USPS site doesn't always show the correct tracking results. Once it showed the poster as DELIVERED in MY zip code on the day I shipped it, and once it never showed as delivered even though the buyer told me he got it.

i shot her an email on monday. said she didn't have it.

thanks everyone for your help... guess i'll wait it out

maybe with the holiday things are slow

fingers crossed
    bostonlou wrote:

Lou no worries then. When it states it is delivered then worry. If you remember last week I said I was getting the package of a lifetime, well I havent got it yet either. Dont be nervous because around the holidays it takes up to 3 more days sometimes for deliveries!
    Qball wrote:
    Lou no worries then. When it states it is delivered then worry. If you remember last week I said I was getting the package of a lifetime, well I havent got it yet either. Dont be nervous because around the holidays it takes up to 3 more days sometimes for deliveries!

hopefully you're right

but if i mailed it priority from boston to chicago on the 13th then this seems a bit excessive

i'll just sit and pray...

oh and probably play some pocket pool too ;)
    bostonlou wrote:
    "reasonably certain"? it's your opinion that he can't count to 1000 ... you have no facts to back it up... and that's fine... opinions are like assholes... well have one

his email did say "approx" 1000 of each... maybe it's more like 1100?

but no one knows how many subs were sold... judging from the reaction in this thread and on other PJ sites and on expresso beans... only a handful or people picked up subs...

I've only dealt with the guy through email and he seemed ok there.... and I'm sure Pearl Jam wouldn't of picked him if he was shady

although I still don't understand the email address issue this guy has

sorry bathgate

Perhaps the guy has 1,000 at his shop hes not including the 1,000 from the original printing...
    Really who is going to monitor how many he prints anyway...
    I am surprised.... if that is him selling them on ebay tho....
    would ames or klausen sell their posters in ebay....
    aus_suz wrote:
    Perhaps the guy has 1,000 at his shop hes not including the 1,000 from the original printing...

Perhaps he's printing up another 10,000??? maybe he kicks his dog every morning?? maybe he's the guy who shot JR Ewing?? maybe he likes to slather Vegemite on his baby and then feed it to his Dingo??

All I know is....

I don't know

and

you don't know

you and the other dude are pretty much just making this shit up with no proof of anything... not to be harsh but you've provided no evidence... just suspicions... you're not even sure if it's him selling on ebay... maybe ninersfan is brad klausen... is that your next newsflash?

it's fine to voice your opinions... that's what a message board is about
    but you're really just guessing ... and who knows if it's being monitored... but do you know if it's monitored how many ames or klausen prints up? we just don't have this info

only info we have is that approx 1000 were produced... and that's if you choose to believe the source

anyway... if you want to buy some aussie posters let me know ;) lol
    bostonlou wrote:

is that one of your artpad versions, lou ? :confused:

the likeness to your style is uncanny,....
    platessmall.jpg
  • rimbrimb Posts: 36
    aus_suz wrote:

That is definitely not him selling on eBay. It's this shop here - http://offbeat.com.au/main.htm

As you can see, much more expensive and I have no idea how he's sourced his posters.
    bostonlou wrote:

anyway... if you want to buy some aussie posters let me know ;) lol

No thanks mate...Ive got plenty.....:p