Options

Posters 06 World Tour

Comments

• Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    did anyone try to purchase one of those LAs, that appeared to be available at goods section yesterday morning ? ( it was apprx 7 am eastern ) .
    I asked my GF to look and she went in , and was able to purchase it , easily ( but didnt because she doesnt care for it ) .

this is purely speculation :

but :
    We all know Brad K works for 10C , among other jobs .
    He has had multiple hurdles in getting his own website up & running . Hey , he's a busy guy .
    Perhaps the 10C and BK are working in conjunction now, printing these few posters in overabundance. This might explain why they told us they would be last, from the beginning. They are fully aware of the demand, heck read any poster thread on the pit,..everyone & their brother wants the DC and Tor 2 .
    They may be killing 2 birds with 1 stone here, mass producing these posters for the hordes of people that desire them and simultaneously killing the flipping values.
    Maybe thats why they are waiting till put these highly-sought-after posters onsale lastly ? Whilst they are mass printing them on the presses as we type. !
    :confused:

feel free to correct me, if im wrong number 7 ! ;)
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    bicyclejoebicyclejoe USA Posts: 1,200
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Perhaps the 10C and BK are working in conjunction now, printing these few posters in overabundance. This might explain why they told us they would be last, from the beginning. They are fully aware of the demand, heck read any poster thread on the pit,..everyone & their brother wants the DC and Tor 2 .
    They may be killing 2 birds with 1 stone here, mass producing these posters for the hordes of people that desire them and simultaneously killing the flipping values.
    Maybe thats why they are waiting till put these highly-sought-after posters onsale lastly ? Whilst they are mass printing them on the presses as we type. !

feel free to correct me, if im wrong number 7 ! ;)

Um, that's not how it works, bud. Once there's a print run, that's it, unless there's a second run, which I doubt would happen and would require 10c to state that. These are the remainders for a first run.
    My Pearl Jam Road: 10/22/90 Seattle | 12/22/90 Seattle, Moore Theater | 9/29/92 Seattle, Magnusson Park, Drop in the Park | 9/5/93 The Gorge, with Neil Young and Blind Melon | 7/20/06 Portland, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall with Sleater-Kinney | 7/22/06 The Gorge, 10/21/06 Mountain View, Shoreline Ampitheatre, Bridge School Benefit | 9/21/09 Seattle | 9/22/09 Seattle | 9/26/09 Portland, OR | 7/14/2011 Eddie Vedder, Portland, OR | 11/29/13 Portland, OR
  • Options
    bicyclejoe wrote:
    Um, that's not how it works, bud. Once there's a print run, that's it, unless there's a second run, which I doubt would happen and would require 10c to state that. These are the remainders for a first run.

well, wishful thinking on my part then , appears i stand corrected..

didnt know they were " obligated " to tell us that they printed more - if they were to do that .
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    bicyclejoe wrote:

he did mention that it was purely speculation.

thanks for clearing up the print run confusion for us.
  • Options
    bicyclejoe wrote:

I'm kind of a novice to this whole poster thing, mainly stick to shows I've been to and ones I like. Could you please point me in the direction of the rules and regulations? I wasn't aware there were rules and regs for concert poster production. I just want to be sure that I'm not breaking any of the aforementioned rules and regs. I'd hate for Santos L. to have to come to my house w/ a court summons or something.

Thanks.
  • Options
    from "Matt the Craw" at BRY:

"BK Tuve 2 arrived today = woo hoo.

All minty fresh again.

I was stunned to find a DC variant included in the sub, printed on white paper - looks amazing. "

If he is serious....wow.
  • Options
    mcocozza wrote:

All minty fresh again.

I was stunned to find a DC variant included in the sub, printed on white paper - looks amazing. "

If he is serious....wow.

:eek:

wow- did he ppost a photo of that one ?

that sounds really cool,....
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    mcocozza wrote:

All minty fresh again.

If he is serious....wow.

guess we'll know for sure when they start popping up on ebay ;)
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    :eek:

wow- did he ppost a photo of that one ?

that sounds really cool,....

not yet, lots of requests for pics though. Posted at 3:06AM (EST I think).

Thread here: http://www.blackredyellow.com/bryforums/index.php?showtopic=17608&st=735
  • Options
    mcocozza wrote:
    not yet, lots of requests for pics though. Posted at 3:06AM (EST I think).

Thread here: http://www.blackredyellow.com/bryforums/index.php?showtopic=17608&st=735

thanks mc !
    i think he may be from down under, mate ! ( time diff )
    i was over earlier, but didnt come across that one !
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    yeah im waiting on those dragons too- and now it appears we have tuesday off :rolleyes:

the subs are a flat rate, they explain the contents , all signed and numbered by the artist ( * s/n ) , usually a test print and extras thrown in , of course, all purchased sight unseen . So its really a shot in the dark .
    They charge seperately for shipping so that also increases the price .

here are some of the flyers they sent out for the first few Legs: ( these will be what you get in your e-mail if you get on the list )

thanks bathgate......
    Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam
  • Options
    Sharon_Hearts_PJSharon_Hearts_PJ Bristol, PA Posts: 1,383
    PahkTheCah wrote:
    I'm kind of a novice to this whole poster thing, mainly stick to shows I've been to and ones I like. Could you please point me in the direction of the rules and regulations? I wasn't aware there were rules and regs for concert poster production. I just want to be sure that I'm not breaking any of the aforementioned rules and regs. I'd hate for Santos L. to have to come to my house w/ a court summons or something.

Thanks.
    The reason the 10c would be required to state anything about it being a 2nd print is because that changes the value of a printed piece of artwork. Original prints are worth the most, and they lose value with each printing thereafter.
    Clear enough?
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    RWRW Posts: 97
    mcocozza wrote:

All minty fresh again.

If he is serious....wow.

Weren't they all printed on white stock? The one I got in my Klausen sub was. And it looks just like the pictures on Expressobeans. I don't think anyone got any "extras" in their Klausen sub.
  • Options
    rwc, no idea, i'll have to take your word for it. wish i was lucky enough to comment with first-hand knowledge. i took the guy's post to indicate a white bacckground instead of black.
  • Options
    RWRW Posts: 97
    The black you see on the poster is all ink. The white of the stars and stripes is the white stock showing through.
  • Options
    aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    :(

nope

:(

Why not?
  • Options
    One of my friends in Florida got a boston 1 from the 10c. The ink on the whale seems to be a totally different color than what the ink color was at the show. Her poster has a black whale and the one from the show is a deep purple color. Anyone else notice this?
  • Options
    spike007 wrote:
    One of my friends in Florida got a boston 1 from the 10c. The ink on the whale seems to be a totally different color than what the ink color was at the show. Her poster has a black whale and the one from the show is a deep purple color. Anyone else notice this?

interesting

didnt know there were 2 different colored whale posters out and about.

perhaps the ink ran thin at the end of the run ?
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    was just going thru a pile of poster tubes i have in my closet.
    evidently , i have way too many of these lying around- i need to do some winter-cleaning !
    looking at each tube sent from bigpoppa, they have both delivery confirmation as well as insured mail barcode labels .

my mailcarrier even questioned me each time they were delivered,..., why do they have , and pay for both ?

totally unnecessary , wasting extra $ , and the sad thing is we are charged for it .

:rolleyes:

oh well.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    was just going thru a pile of poster tubes i have in my closet.
    evidently , i have way too many of these lying around- i need to do some winter-cleaning !
    looking at each tube sent from bigpoppa, they have both delivery confirmation as well as insured mail barcode labels .

how many tubes do you have piled up? you should take a picture of all of them before you dump them.
    I'll scream my lungs out...'til I fill this thread!
  • Options
    lamperti77 wrote:
    how many tubes do you have piled up? you should take a picture of all of them before you dump them.

approx 35 of them.

some have posters rolled up inside of them, gottago thru them all- dont know about photoging them tho,..
    not much to them really, other then a clutter and mess.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    approx 35 of them.

some have posters rolled up inside of them, gottago thru them all- dont know about photoging them tho,..
    not much to them really, other then a clutter and mess.

You should have a Bathgate66 Mystery Poster Sale.
  • Options
    PahkTheCah wrote:
    You should have a Bathgate66 Mystery Poster Sale.

they are all emtpy ( well not all- probably 30 of them are empty )- so it'd have to be a " mystery posterless tube sale " ;)
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    they are all emtpy ( well not all- probably 30 of them are empty )- so it'd have to be a " mystery posterless tube sale " ;)

that could be part of the mystery sale. some poster tubes have posters, some are empty. that would be pretty interesting.
  • Options
    that could be part of the mystery sale. some poster tubes have posters, some are empty. that would be pretty interesting.

i suspect i'd be joining our long lost commrade bostonlou on the banned couch.

pass me a heineken,...
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    i suspect i'd be joining our long lost commrade bostonlou on the banned couch.

pass me a heineken,...

just as long as its only temporary and not permanent, i think it'd be worth it :D
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,085
    Is he banned again? If so, when and why?
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    as far as i know , till 9-30-06.

details, i do not know .
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    as far as i know , till 9-30-06.

details, i do not know .

you mean i missed the comment? or maybe it was another ocean-life based picture?
    I'll scream my lungs out...'til I fill this thread!
  • Options
    11pm eastern, and that model pieces assembly is still available ?

guess we'll see the next poster after Christmas ? :confused:
    platessmall.jpg