Options

How can this be defended?

124»

Comments

• Options
    haha

I know

If I would have been aware of something like that link, trades/selling i would have gone to the shows

but nope it was that darn form

• Options
    AllNiteThingAllNiteThing Posts: 1,114
    haha

I know

If I would have been aware of something like that link, trades/selling i would have gone to the shows

but nope it was that darn form

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?p=5276518#post5276518
    24 years old, mid-life crisis
    nowadays hits you when you're young
  • Options
    you got tickets but you're pissed? grow up and..............go fuck yourself!!!!

fucking amen

rip them up

people here are so pathetic.
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • Options
    I know most of the morons here at good ol' synergy cant get it thru their thick heads that the ten club is one of the most piss poorly run thing we've ever seen

as far as Im concerned, the entire ten club can kiss my ass. they are the most useless bunch in the world.

thanks for all your money....now get the fuck outta here.
    Mahalo Mike..3/1/91, 5/25/91, 8/29/91, 1/3/92, 1/17/92, 7/22/92, 9/20/92, 10/25/93, 12/7-9/93, 2/5-6/95, 6/24/95, 11/4/95, 11/6-7/95, 10/20/96, 7/10-11/98, 7/13-14/98, 10/22/00, 10/24-25/00, 10/28/00, 6/2-3/03, 6/5-6/03, 7/6-7/06, 7/9-10/06, 7/12-13/06, 7/16/06, 7/22/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06.
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,757

quick, somebody tell me all about what the 10C does for us, other than dick us around and treat us like crap.

This is kinda unfair. I've never had any trouble with the 10C. I've gotten tickets to four shows in one tour, which is well worth the $20 many times over. My seats, for the most part, have been better than I ever could have hoped to score on my own (typically within the first 10 rows).

What's more, the annual single is worth $20 by itself. at least to me.

I'm sorry for the folks who didn't get tickets today. I got shut out of the EV tickets I wanted last month. Though with a small-ass venue, I kind of expected that.

If you don't get your money's worth, drop out of the club. Nobody is holding you hostage. But I've always got my money's worth.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,757
    coachchris wrote:
    Nobody is asking for guaranteed tickets, however if they are in your cart and you've entered your CC info and click submit, it's reasonable to think you are getting tickets and not a webpage saying there's server problems, please refresh.

shit happens with the Internet, ya know? You just have to deal with it. I got that shit all day before I finally got through.

It's the equivalent of a busy signal when you're trying to score tickets over the phone ... if you are old enough to remember that.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    coachchriscoachchris Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada Posts: 749
    shit happens with the Internet, ya know? You just have to deal with it. I got that shit all day before I finally got through.

It's the equivalent of a busy signal when you're trying to score tickets over the phone ... if you are old enough to remember that.

I didn't try to get tickets for any of the east coast dates, i'm just doing my best to understand the frustrations of those involved.
    Adolescence in essence is all about trust.
    Leaving is for the answering machine.
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,688
    PapaJam wrote:
    Why are so many Fans defending what has happened today? This is a big time band who makes millions touring. They have a fan club so fans have a voice. Unfortunately now most fans are at the mercy of ticket rapping brokers.
    I am sorry but I can no longer defend The Ten Club. I was one of the lucky fans to get Philly and New York...I should walk up to the window at show time and then rip them in spite.

And please Do not compare them to what other bands do..I frankly dont care

Because everytime I have tried to get tickets through the 10 Club I have got them, even for 2 solo Ed shows. Because if I didn't I wouldn't bitch about it because I figured they would be hard to get anyway. Because I can survive if I don't get fan club tickets to a show. Because I don't think I'm entitled to whatever I want like 99% of this board.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    quickdexquickdex Posts: 44
    jimed14 wrote:
    Says the person with THIS in their sig ...

8/12/92 - NJ
    9/28/96 - NY
    9/8/98 - NJ
    9/10/98 - NY

8/23/00 - NY
    7/8/03 - NY
    7/14/03 - NJ

5/4/06 - Ed Sullivan Theater - Letterman After-show !!!
    5/12/06 - Albany, NY
    6/1/06 - Continental 1
    4/12/08 - ED IN LA !!!

Wow, I officially have very little sympathy now... A cluster of New York shows and the Letterman Aftershow!? From what I remember that was a hell of a show to get into with limited tickets available!!! Same situation as here, supply and demand is a bitch... what are you gonna do!? Looking at your sig I'd say you've had a good run... plus you're going to see some shows this tour too...

Boo hoo...
  • Options
    smithnicsmithnic Posts: 1,559
    The 10Club is such a secret organization and the way they do things is always so hush hush and the answers that you're given (if at all) are always form letters. Certainly there are reasons that these things happen. I just would like to know why you would turn members of your fanclub away who want to pay $80+ a ticket? Why wouldn't you give all you could to those people?? And why is an answer not given?

And bitching on here is nothing, so those who say quit bitching, it's a forum, that's why they are here!
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!
  • Options
    I havent read the bullshit responses to the original post, because I know most of the morons here at good ol' synergy cant get it thru their thick heads that the ten club is one of the most piss poorly run thing we've ever seen

Im guessing at least 50 of you idiots are about to label me "ungreatful" to those assholes.

quick, somebody tell me all about what the 10C does for us, other than dick us around and treat us like crap.

thats right, 20 bucks a year for the last 10 years for not afucking thing other than the opportunity to get crashed out of their website for MSG tix, really the only thing this assanine "Fan club" is even remotely needed for

oh but i WILL get some bullshit newsletter with a 5 sentance message from jeff about skateboarding and well, thats about it. how nice

as far as Im concerned, the entire ten club can kiss my ass. they are the most useless bunch in the world.

all of you jackasses are about to get one step closer at the next round of shows, cause in august when its time for me to renew, i just wont. Ill go to ticketmaster for my tickets. they may charge crazy fees, but they are professionals who know how to handle ticket sales.

peace

Well first off the 10C has NOT been $20 for the last ten years... they just recently went up to $20. It was $15 before that and probably even cheaper before that... but as you know everything goes up so it's to be expected...

Secondly, the you are mistaken, it's quite the opposite... the 10C is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Where else can I get prime location concert tickets for between $70-80 a ticket, get them before everyone else, be entered into a lottery for rows 1-2 and 9-10, and have it based on seniority? Last time I checked you don't get that anywhere else... I hate to say it but you my friend are a douche.

I got tickets to VA Beach, Camden, Washington DC, MSG1 and MSG2. The first three were pretty easy to get, MSG 1 and 2 were tricky but with a lot of patience I made it through... it took me almost 45 minutes to finally get my tickets for MSG2.
  • Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    Says the person with THIS in their sig ...

8/12/92 - NJ
    9/28/96 - NY
    9/8/98 - NJ
    9/10/98 - NY

8/23/00 - NY
    7/8/03 - NY
    7/14/03 - NJ

5/4/06 - Ed Sullivan Theater - Letterman After-show !!!
    5/12/06 - Albany, NY
    6/1/06 - Continental 1
    4/12/08 - ED IN LA !!!

Excellent point jimed14! After the Ed solo shows went on sale, I pointed out a similiar thing to another member who complained that it is stupid for people to want to go to multiple shows on a tour. In his signature were 3 shows from a tour within a week of each other! You would think people who would make these idiotic claims would at least delete their signature. But then I guess they would be too smart to say what they are saying.

I seriously am at a loss for how anyone can feel sorry for anything Pearl Jam related when someone went to the Letterman after show.
  • Options
    I havent read the bullshit responses to the original post, because I know most of the morons here at good ol' synergy cant get it thru their thick heads that the ten club is one of the most piss poorly run thing we've ever seen

Im guessing at least 50 of you idiots are about to label me "ungreatful" to those assholes.

thats right, 20 bucks a year for the last 10 years for not afucking thing other than the opportunity to get crashed out of their website for MSG tix, really the only thing this assanine "Fan club" is even remotely needed for

oh but i WILL get some bullshit newsletter with a 5 sentance message from jeff about skateboarding and well, thats about it. how nice

all of you jackasses are about to get one step closer at the next round of shows, cause in august when its time for me to renew, i just wont. Ill go to ticketmaster for my tickets. they may charge crazy fees, but they are professionals who know how to handle ticket sales.

peace

Well first off the 10C has NOT been $20 for the last ten years... they just recently went up to $20. It was $15 before that and probably even cheaper before that... but as you know everything goes up so it's to be expected...

Secondly, the you are mistaken, it's quite the opposite... the 10C is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Where else can I get prime location concert tickets for between $70-80 a ticket, get them before everyone else, be entered into a lottery for rows 1-2 and 9-10, and have it based on seniority? Last time I checked you don't get that anywhere else... I hate to say it but you my friend are a douche.

I got tickets to VA Beach, Camden, Washington DC, MSG1 and MSG2. The first three were pretty easy to get, MSG 1 and 2 were tricky but with a lot of patience I made it through... it took me almost 45 minutes to finally get my tickets for MSG2.
  • Options

peace

• Options
    quickdex wrote:

Well said quickdex.

You think of things they way I do. When I tried to get ed solo tickets I decided I would sit there as long as it took to get them. It took me a couple of hours but I just kept at it, I didn't come here and bitched after 30 minutes about how I couldn't get tickets. I used what the 10 Club offers ie a CHANCE to get the best tickets to my advantage.
  • Options
    rrivers wrote:
    Well said quickdex.

You think of things they way I do. When I tried to get ed solo tickets I decided I would sit there as long as it took to get them. It took me a couple of hours but I just kept at it, I didn't come here and bitched after 30 minutes about how I couldn't get tickets. I used what the 10 Club offers ie a CHANCE to get the best tickets to my advantage.

Exactly! All the time spend moaning and groaning is time that could be spent trying to get tickets! It is completely possible to get tickets to shows from the kind folk on this board, I've sold extra tickets for less than face value to other members looking and have had the favor returned to me once or twice!
  • Options
    I think the ticket prices are fair and are expected to be that much. At least we dont have to spend $400 dollars a ticket like some people. $72 is still a pretty good deal.
    Noblesville 6/22/2003 St. Louis 5/4/2010 East Troy 9/4/2011
    Cleveland 5/20/2006 Columbus 5/6/2010 Chicago 7/19/2013
    Cincinnatti 6/24/2006 Noblesville 5/7/2010. Buffalo 10/12/2013
    Lollapalooza 8/5/2007 Mountain View 10/23/2010 Cincinnatti 10/1/2014
    Washington D.C. 6/22/2008 Mountain View 10/24/2010 St. Louis 10/3/2014
    Chicago 8/22/2008(EV Solo) St. Louis 7/1/2011 (EV Solo) St. Paul 10/19/2014
    Kansas City 5/3/2010 East Troy 9/3/2011 Milwaukee 10/20/2014
    Hampton 4/18/2016 Columbia 4/21/2016 Lexington 4/26/2016
    NYC 5/2/2016
  • Options
    heck 45 mins is nothng!
    my friend in Austin and I ( and tons of other people) both spent about 6 hours (!!!) trying to get tix to London last year. I think they went on sale in the afternoon here, London is what 6 hours ahead,so they started on sale about 7pm there, so they were up after midnight trying to get tix...now that's a CF if there ever was one.
    We did both eventually get tix - and you know that was for GA on the floor. I'm 5'4 and I don't even like GA with all these 5'10" morons trying to climb over me (I thought the London guys were not particularly nice compared to US guys). The only bonus was that one of the picks that Mike threw out went down my shirt and into the bag I had tied to my waist!!! Can you believe that - there were about 1/2 a dozen guys who wanted to dive right downt here after it!! HAHAHA
  • Options
    Whipping_BoyWhipping_Boy Plantation, FL Posts: 138
    mornglory wrote:
    This system is bullshit. It's a crapshoot. It doesn't have to be. The old system of sending in your form and your check for your tickets at least guaranteed you got tix. Now it's all based on factors out of your control - bandwitdth, tenclub server capacity, etc. If the fanclub can't figure out how to sell tix online fairly then go back to snail mail. How is this helping fans. I've paid my dues and hung in there for years and love the band but I can't cancel meetings and sit at work hitting reload for an hour! It's unproductive and very frustrating. We deserve better than this. Member 179752 aka Dawn

There are still tix available for many shows - Hartford, Columbia, Virginia Beach, and the 2 Flroida shows. Stop your whining and pack your bags. You have more than enough chances to score fan club tix to several shows. I don't see the problem. PJ would need to secure about 50% of the available seats at MSG to ensure all fans got tix. Not gonna happen.
  • Options
    ...and there are a lot more evils and wrongs in the world than ticketmaster.
  • Options
    There are still tix available for many shows - Hartford, Columbia, Virginia Beach, and the 2 Flroida shows. Stop your whining and pack your bags. You have more than enough chances to score fan club tix to several shows. I don't see the problem. PJ would need to secure about 50% of the available seats at MSG to ensure all fans got tix. Not gonna happen.

...or you could just pay the extra $5 and get them from ticketmaster.

honestly back in the day all pearl jam's fans were 15 year olds, now we are grown ups.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    Now that the mansfeild show went off without a hitch and there are still Hartford tix available, this thread does not make as much sence.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    Now that the mansfeild show went off without a hitch and there are still Hartford tix available, this thread does not make as much sence.

I agree, except that the thread never made sense.
  • Options
    quickdex wrote:
    Exactly! All the time spend moaning and groaning is time that could be spent trying to get tickets! It is completely possible to get tickets to shows from the kind folk on this board, I've sold extra tickets for less than face value to other members looking and have had the favor returned to me once or twice!

That's the other good point. Since you have to buy two tickets, there are always people who have an extra. I had an extra for Berkeley 1 Ed solo that I am going to sell to someone on here.
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,807

peace
    but you have to admit it was worth $20 to get pearl jams recipe for Banana Bread....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    rrivers wrote:
    I agree, except that the thread never made sense.

My fault, I meant that it made even less sence
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    My fault, I meant that it made even less sense

Ha!
  • Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,359
    Whoa... supply and demand.