Options

How can this be defended?

PapaJamPapaJam Posts: 23
edited March 2008 in The Porch
Why are so many Fans defending what has happened today? This is a big time band who makes millions touring. They have a fan club so fans have a voice. Unfortunately now most fans are at the mercy of ticket rapping brokers.
I am sorry but I can no longer defend The Ten Club. I was one of the lucky fans to get Philly and New York...I should walk up to the window at show time and then rip them in spite.

And please Do not compare them to what other bands do..I frankly dont care
If I had known then what I know now.....

"How much more grievous are the consequences of anger than the causes of it."
Marcus Aurelius
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,729
    PapaJam wrote:
    Why are so many Fans defending what has happened today?

because most of us got tickets:

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=278461
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    So I'm assuming you think the 10C has endless amounts of tickets to sell?

They sell what they have and when its sold out it's sold out. Simple fact.

its not 2000 or 1998, TM has a limit on what fanclubs can sell and with a market like NYC for the MSG this is no surprise.
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    Kel VarnsenKel Varnsen Posts: 1,951
    PapaJam wrote:
    Why are so many Fans defending what has happened today? This is a big time band who makes millions touring. They have a fan club so fans have a voice. Unfortunately now most fans are at the mercy of ticket rapping brokers.
    I am sorry but I can no longer defend The Ten Club. I was one of the lucky fans to get Philly and New York...I should walk up to the window at show time and then rip them in spite.

I read your post and I am not even sure what the problem is? There is a limited number of seats and a very high demand, and I don't really see any way to get around that unless Pearl Jam tours non-stop and plays every city in the world not stopping until every fan has seen them and is happy. Otherwise some people are going to get left out. It sucks but that's life.
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,394
    I'd be interested to see if more people from the east coast were shut out though. I'm wondering if people closer to the server had an advantage in this case.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    PapaJam wrote:

What exactly is your fucking problem, man?

Seriously?

A. You fucking got tickets
    B. ANY one who has been around here for ANY length of time should have known that there WOULD NOT BE ENOUGH SUPPLY TO MEET DEMAND and they should have been aware of the nature of the 10C server
    C. ITS NOT THE 10Clubs fault ... BLAME TICKETMASTER - the ones who put a cap on fanlcub allotments
    D. Tickets through 10C are a PRIVELAGE, not a RIGHT
    E. So what exactly is your fucking problem?

I don't think anyone is defending the 10c for their server issues, but the fundamental issue at play here is Demand is greater than Supply. NOTHING would have stopped SOME people from not getting tickets.

SO WHAT DID YOU WANT THEM TO DO?
    :confused:
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options
    culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    Just try TM now. Some of you people hit one bump in the road and want to give up. If you really want to go you'll find a way to make it happen. I have no sympathy for this sht.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    PapaJamPapaJam Posts: 23
    Aren't these shows for fans?
    If I had known then what I know now.....

"How much more grievous are the consequences of anger than the causes of it."
    Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    fugawzifugawzi Posts: 874
    PapaJam wrote:

what exactly are you upset at the tenclub FOR? not having enough tix? also, what do you mean by "I was one of the lucky fans to get Philly and New York"?
    West Palm 2000 I & II/West Palm '03/Tampa '03/Kissimmee '04/Vic Theater '07/West Palm '08/Tampa '08/NYC MSG I & II '08/Philly Spectrum III & IV '09/Cleveland '10/Bristow '10/PJ20 I & II 2011/Pensacola '12/Pittsburgh '13/Denver '14
  • Options
    PapaJam wrote:

Yeah and it looked like there were more fans than tickets. Tough break. Sorry.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    SuzannePjamSuzannePjam Posts: 411
    justam wrote:
    I'd be interested to see if more people from the east coast were shut out though. I'm wondering if people closer to the server had an advantage in this case.
    I live close to NYC and got shut out of both shows, so I don't think location had anything to do with getting tix. I did get Camden show tickets as a back up because I had a feeling MSG would be a problem. I was very disappointed about the process for MSG because the site crashed and even though I was logged on and had the page up it wouldn't process my order. I thought the Borgata was tough, but at least I got a pair for that one!

Anyway, have a great time to those lucky people who got tix. I'm envious, but happy for those fans who managed to get some. :)
    "Where there is sacrifice there is someone collecting the sacrificial offerings."-- Ayn Rand

"Some of my friends sit around every evening and they worry about the times ahead,
    But everybody else is overwhelmed by indifference and the promise of an early bed..."-- Elvis Costello
  • Options
    I live close to NYC and got shut out of both shows, so I don't think location had anything to do with getting tix.

I meant people closer to the west coast where their computer is.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    nimsu8nimsu8 Posts: 321
    PapaJam wrote:

and what are the other people who get their tix from TM? are they not fans? just because they don;t belong to 10c doesn't mean they are any less worthy of seeing a band.
    Buffalo - 1996; Montreal, Hartford - 1998; San Antonio - 2003; Milwaukee - 2006; Berkeley II - 2008; MSG I - 2008

MSG I pics: http://s284.photobucket.com/albums/ll22/nimsu8/MSG 1/
  • Options
    se7v7ense7v7en Philadelphia, PA Posts: 328
    What are they suppoded to do?

They have as many tickets as ticket master gives them?
  • Options
    what exactly happened?

another thread is calling it the msg abortion

I want details!
    pls
    :)
  • Options
    SuzannePjamSuzannePjam Posts: 411
    justam wrote:
    Oh, duh! LOL! I had a glass of wine to drown out my sorrows, so I guess I'm not all there. :D

I'm curious too, as some people got them for both nights with such ease, and yet others couldn't get any nights at all.
    "Where there is sacrifice there is someone collecting the sacrificial offerings."-- Ayn Rand

"Some of my friends sit around every evening and they worry about the times ahead,
    But everybody else is overwhelmed by indifference and the promise of an early bed..."-- Elvis Costello
  • Options
    ehcancehcanc Posts: 179
    I don't care what your 10C number is or what part of the country you're flying in from ... my issue is that some people got tickets to multiple shows and some didn't get tickets AT ALL. That is WRONG.
    Everything has chains, absolutely nothings changed.

8/12/92 - NJ, 9/28/96 - NY, 9/8/98 - NJ, 9/10/98 - NY, 8/23/00 - NY, 7/8/03 - NY, 7/14/03 - NJ, 5/4/06 - Ed Sullivan Theater, 5/12/06 - NY, 6/1/06 - NJ1, 4/12/08 - ED IN LA !, 6/27/08 - CT, 8/4/08 - ED in NYC !!!
  • Options
    wrong?

why?

ehcanc wrote:
    I don't care what your 10C number is or what part of the country you're flying in from ... my issue is that some people got tickets to multiple shows and some didn't get tickets AT ALL. That is WRONG.
  • Options
    what exactly happened?

another thread is calling it the msg abortion

I want details!
    pls
    :)

Same shit that always happens with high demand items on 10c servers.
    The servers freaked out, dumped items out of peoples carts when they went to buy. Froze up and timed out during processing, gave people the "buy" and then "temporarily out of stock" (because like 1 pair went back in, and by the time they clicked buy, they were gone) ... and so fort.

SAME SHIT, DIFFERENT CRY BABIES.

Shit gets old.
    Wish we could have the "Message Pit Abortion" right about now.
    :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Oh, duh! LOL! I had a glass of wine to drown out my sorrows, so I guess I'm not all there. :D

I'm curious too, as some people got them for both nights with such ease, and yet others couldn't get any nights at all.

Yeah. I wish I'd had some wine.

I'm just whining instead. :D
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    culot4 wrote:
    Just try TM now. Some of you people hit one bump in the road and want to give up. If you really want to go you'll find a way to make it happen. I have no sympathy for this sht.

Bingo. Thousands tried, some succeeded. Every needs to stop acting like spoiled brats. I got shut out of night 1. I'll get them through TM. It happens. We are not entitled to anything.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    mjbmjb Posts: 1,314
    PapaJam wrote:
    at the mercy of ticket rapping brokers.

Now...are these brokers freestyling or is it more of a structured hip hop type thing? :)
  • Options
    indifferentmanindifferentman Goshen, IN Posts: 731
    Okay then, BUH BYE!!! Please resign you 10C number as well if it's better then my crappy 245XXX LOL
    I won't change direction, and I won't change my mind - E.V.
    06 Chicago I, 06 Chicago II, 06 Grand Rapids, 07 Lollapalloza, 08 DC, 08 MSG I, 08 MSG II, 08 EV Solo Milwaukee, Chicago I & II 09, Portland 09, Nobelsville 10, Cleveland 10, PJ20 I & II, Wrigley 13, Brooklyn I & II '13, St. Paul 14, Moline 14, Milwaukee 14
  • Options
    Ah I see.

What exactly is the problem?

Didn't everyone know that was going to happen?

Aren't there tons of threads/posts about people wanting to trade/sell/buy extra tickets?

I was only able to get night 2, but I'm sure I'll be at night 1.

In 2003 I purchased pj and foo fighter tix for side lower level from what appeared to be a crackhead in the shell of the revolving doors at duane reade on the corner of 34th St, paid $120 for pj and $85 for foo and I was HAPPY!!!

**in '06 I sold my extra camden for $25 and a beer.

So again what is the problem?

Same shit that always happens with high demand items on 10c servers.
    The servers freaked out, dumped items out of peoples carts when they went to buy. Froze up and timed out during processing, gave people the "buy" and then "temporarily out of stock" (because like 1 pair went back in, and by the time they clicked buy, they were gone) ... and so fort.

SAME SHIT, DIFFERENT CRY BABIES.

Shit gets old.
    Wish we could have the "Message Pit Abortion" right about now.
    :rolleyes:
  • Options
    justam wrote:

How do you know their server is on the west coast? I have 2 servers that I use and they are both in Arizona, yet my company is located in Jersey. Just because the fan club is Seattle based doesn't mean that their servers are.
  • Options
    I didn't get online today. I wanted to save the bandwith for somebody that wanted tickets. I have one question though, would you say it was as bad or worse than the EV solo ticket fiasco? Because that was a nightmare...
    1998-07-10 San Diego
    1998-07-11 Las Vegas
    2000-10-22 Las Vegas
    2000-10-25 San Diego
    2003-06-05 San Diego
    2006-07-06 Las Vegas
    2006-07-07 San Diego

http://www.myspace.com/roccondiego
  • Options
    PapaJam wrote:

Yes. Ripping tickets out of spite! That'll show 'em! While you're at it, why don't you shit your pants in front of MSG on the nights of the shows. That will teach Pearl Jam a lesson they'll never forget! You need to get laid! The 10 club should start selling Pearl Jam diapers and pacifiers for all the fucking babies that are in their fan base.
    I like bands.
  • Options
    How do you know their server is on the west coast? I have 2 servers that I use and they are both in Arizona, yet my company is located in Jersey. Just because the fan club is Seattle based doesn't mean that their servers are.

Hmm...I guess I really DON'T know. That's an interesting observation. :eek: :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    UKpearljammerUKpearljammer Bath, UK Posts: 910
    PapaJam wrote:

I can't believe the whinging that goes on this board! Unfortunately this is what happens when demand out strips supply as in the case with these shows. It's where the industry is at as far as tickets go and every band experiences the same problem with scaplers and ticket brokers. At the end of the day PJ are operating as a business and of course they want to sell out these shows whilst getting the right balance with supplying the demand. It's not there fault ppl have hyped up these shows and so everyone wants tickets for them and some people will unfortunately always take advantage of these situations.
    My PJ shows:
    London 28/10/96, Las Vegas 11/7/98, London 29/5/00, Nurnburg 11/6/00, Prague 14/6/00, Salzburg 18/6/00, Verona 20/6/00, Milan 22/6/00, Zurich 23/6/00, New York 8-9/7/03, Boston 11/7/03, Reading Festival 27/8/06, Shepards Bush 11/8/09, Berlin 15/8/09, Manchester 17/8/09, London 18/8/09, Dublin 22/6/10, Belfast 23/6/10, London (HRC) 25/6/10, Alpine Valley (PJ20) 3-4/9/11, Manchester 20-21/6/12, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14 To be continued....
  • Options
    Seriously most people realized that as soon as MSG was announced your odds were pretty much set at 50/50
  • Options
    The 10 club should start selling Pearl Jam diapers and pacifiers for all the fucking babies that are in their fan base.

A Fucking Men!
    Amen.