Options

How can this be defended?

Comments

• Options
    This system is bullshit. It's a crapshoot. It doesn't have to be. The old system of sending in your form and your check for your tickets at least guaranteed you got tix. Now it's all based on factors out of your control - bandwitdth, tenclub server capacity, etc. If the fanclub can't figure out how to sell tix online fairly then go back to snail mail. How is this helping fans. I've paid my dues and hung in there for years and love the band but I can't cancel meetings and sit at work hitting reload for an hour! It's unproductive and very frustrating. We deserve better than this. Member 179752 aka Dawn
  • Options
    scpjfanscpjfan Posts: 131
    It's not like the server crashed and no one got tickets. All the 10C tix were allocated. Maybe this is there way of mixing up the seniority, hahaha.

At least you east coast fuckers are getting a tour, I'm stuck in butt-fuck Winnipeg Manitoba where it was minus twenty fucking six this morning. Fuck I hate this place.
    Hail, hail the lucky ones, I refer to those in love.
  • Options
    maybe you guys shouldn't renew your membership

you guys want things that 10c can not give

maybe save the membership money in a pj savings account and when tix go on sale poof u have the cash
  • Options
    mauichickmauichick Posts: 964
    mornglory wrote:
    This system is bullshit. It's a crapshoot. It doesn't have to be. The old system of sending in your form and your check for your tickets at least guaranteed you got tix. Now it's all based on factors out of your control - bandwitdth, tenclub server capacity, etc. If the fanclub can't figure out how to sell tix online fairly then go back to snail mail. How is this helping fans. I've paid my dues and hung in there for years and love the band but I can't cancel meetings and sit at work hitting reload for an hour! It's unproductive and very frustrating. We deserve better than this. Member 179752 aka Dawn

Ditto

I have a career and have way too much to do at work to have spent several hours refreshing my life away and enlisting co workers to do it for me when i was away from my office. All for nothing
    Its not fair to not get priority for tix based on seniority
    bring back the snail mail
    the dead still do it that way
    '96 7 shows / '97 3 shows / '98 15 shows
    '00 12 shows / '03 4 shows / '06 6 shows
    '08 3 shows / '09 5 shows / '10 6 shows
  • Options
    justam wrote:
    I'd be interested to see if more people from the east coast were shut out though. I'm wondering if people closer to the server had an advantage in this case.

im in the west coast and the server was pretty fucking screwqy here too as i heard it was in europe, its all about your machine and connection spped my man, location has got nothing to do with it.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    when r people going to complain about not getting confirmations?
  • Options
    when r people going to complain about not getting confirmations?

whah whah, i haven't gotten a confirmation even though the money has been debited from my account and my tickets are listed on my profile. nobody on earth is suffering more than I am right now.
    I like bands.
  • Options
    yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    PapaJam wrote:
    They have a fan club so fans have a voice.

Wrong. The fanclub is not so fans have a voice. Its so fans can have more access to certain things, but definitely not to give fans a voice.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Options
    im in the west coast and the server was pretty fucking screwqy here too as i heard it was in europe, its all about your machine and connection spped my man, location has got nothing to do with it.

Maybe that's what it is, the connection speed. I have 15Mb down and 5Mb up and I was able to get Camden and both MSG shows with no major problems.
  • Options
    there u r

hmm

well some people here have good ideas
    u should go to the window and rip the tix
    or
    slow the server down more by posting every few mins abut how horrible pj is
    whah whah, i haven't gotten a confirmation even though the money has been debited from my account and my tickets are listed on my profile. nobody on earth is suffering more than I am right now.
  • Options
    mornglory wrote:

So a snailmail system where the first letter back to tenclub gets tickets and the last letter back does NOT get tickets is fair?

So when MY ticket offer shows up 5 days after YOUR ticket offer, because my mail man is slower than yours, and i don't live in seattle, but i live in the sticks or whatever ... I don't get tickets and you do, just because of where you live .... THAT is fair?

But this "bullshit" where there are only 1000 pairs of tickets (NOT PJs fault) and 5000 people trying for them ... and some RANDOMLY get tickets, and some do not ... THAT is NOT fair?

Hahahahahahahhh.
    :rolleyes:

How does snail mail GUARANTEE ANYone a ticket, when there are LESS tickets than people who want them?
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options
    conection speed might have to do with it

but I work in a nyc public school
    screwy internet
    I got tix

it just is
    Maybe that's what it is, the connection speed. I have 15Mb down and 5Mb up and I was able to get Camden and both MSG shows with no major problems.
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    ehcanc wrote:
    I don't care what your 10C number is or what part of the country you're flying in from ... my issue is that some people got tickets to multiple shows and some didn't get tickets AT ALL. That is WRONG.

Says the person with THIS in their sig ...

8/12/92 - NJ
    9/28/96 - NY
    9/8/98 - NJ
    9/10/98 - NY

8/23/00 - NY
    7/8/03 - NY
    7/14/03 - NJ

5/4/06 - Ed Sullivan Theater - Letterman After-show !!!
    5/12/06 - Albany, NY
    6/1/06 - Continental 1
    4/12/08 - ED IN LA !!!
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    exactly!!

so y r people complaining about ny'ers wanting residents to buy first if the mail in system is the same thing

unless there is a cutoff date for all checks in
    but that would require lots of manpower

so the yearly dues will be like $60ish and then everyone will complain about that

I say pj savings account and go to SC, FL or VA

So a snailmail system where the first letter back to tenclub gets tickets and the last letter back does NOT get tickets is fair?

So when MY ticket offer shows up 5 days after YOUR ticket offer, because my mail man is slower than yours, and i don't live in seattle, but i live in the sticks or whatever ... I don't get tickets and you do, just because of where you live .... THAT is fair?
  • Options
    there u r

hmm

well some people here have good ideas
    u should go to the window and rip the tix
    or
    slow the server down more by posting every few mins abut how horrible pj is

I've already got my plane tickets to NYC, I'm ready to rip my show tickets right up in front of MSG. I hope I don't rip up my boarding pass because I don't like the in flight movie. Then I'd be fucked.
    I like bands.
  • Options
    or shot by the flight attendant

I've already got my plane tickets to NYC, I'm ready to rip my show tickets right up in front of MSG. I hope I don't rip up my boarding pass because I don't like the in flight movie. Then I'd be fucked.
  • Options
    conection speed might have to do with it

but I work in a nyc public school
    screwy internet
    I got tix

it just is

exactly. it is what it is. i work in a family owned toystore with on-again, off-again internet. today me and my manager made it happen twice. constantly hitting refresh and hoping for the best. and we finally got it.
    this is no longer about the fan club or the band screwing people. this is about people not accepting that not everything can go their way, and they are NOT owed anything!
  • Options
    well according to the people in my head

pj owes me tons

from 1991 til today

I should have a bench on a rail system on stage, so I can swing back and forth from Mike, Jeff, Ed and Stone I'll wave to the other guys

but...

exactly. it is what it is. i work in a family owned toystore with on-again, off-again internet. today me and my manager made it happen twice. constantly hitting refresh and hoping for the best. and we finally got it.
    this is no longer about the fan club or the band screwing people. this is about people not accepting that not everything can go their way, and they are NOT owed anything!
  • Options
    NoGrapesNoGrapes Posts: 50
    As you can see i rarely post - slow ass typer- but I love how so many talk like all the people who aren't ten club members or have to by tickets outside the fan club aren't fans. I find it strange that so many non-fans would buy tickets for a concert they won't enjoy. seems strange to me.

music is about your ears not your eyes be happy to get in. if you get close its a great bonus. i do agree that better servers would be nice as i have missed many times on shows i wanted to go to but life blows sometimes.

so i hope all the complainers do cancel their memberships so that when i do get tickets i will be closer

peace
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    culot4 wrote:
    Seriously most people realized that as soon as MSG was announced your odds were pretty much set at 50/50

I'm sure they all knew it, but when they realized they were part of the 50% that didn't get it, that's when the problem started. :rolleyes:
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    don't try logic it doesn't work instead focus on
    NoGrapes wrote:
    ...do cancel their memberships...

peace
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,729
    don't try logic it doesn't work instead focus on

what's with the quote being on the bottom all the time? just striving to be different like Brain of C?
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options

But this "bullshit" where there are only 1000 pairs of tickets (NOT PJs fault) and 5000 people trying for them ... and some RANDOMLY get tickets, and some do not ... THAT is NOT fair?

Hahahahahahahhh.
    :rolleyes:

How does snail mail GUARANTEE ANYone a ticket, when there are LESS tickets than people who want them?

you obviously never did the mail system. it was open for a long period and as long as you got your request in before the cutoff date you were basically guaranteed tickets so it didn't matter when it got there... one day... five days... as long as it was before the cutoff date you were in. - dawn
  • Options
    I havent read the bullshit responses to the original post, because I know most of the morons here at good ol' synergy cant get it thru their thick heads that the ten club is one of the most piss poorly run thing we've ever seen

Im guessing at least 50 of you idiots are about to label me "ungreatful" to those assholes.

quick, somebody tell me all about what the 10C does for us, other than dick us around and treat us like crap.

thats right, 20 bucks a year for the last 10 years for not afucking thing other than the opportunity to get crashed out of their website for MSG tix, really the only thing this assanine "Fan club" is even remotely needed for

oh but i WILL get some bullshit newsletter with a 5 sentance message from jeff about skateboarding and well, thats about it. how nice

as far as Im concerned, the entire ten club can kiss my ass. they are the most useless bunch in the world.

all of you jackasses are about to get one step closer at the next round of shows, cause in august when its time for me to renew, i just wont. Ill go to ticketmaster for my tickets. they may charge crazy fees, but they are professionals who know how to handle ticket sales.

peace
  • Options
    Not as a complaint or a whine but as a suggestion (so no yelling at me)....perhaps when there are sales for multiple shows in the same location (ie- Eddie twice in Los Angeles, PJ twice in NYC) 10C members should only be able to purchase tickets to one of the shows. Figure that then we'd have a lot more happy people (twice the amount, in fact).....yet it'd be awfully hard to complain about ONLY getting incredible seats to one show.

Again, I'm not whining at all, and I understand the supply/demand thing, but you have to admit it's kind of a drag that some folks got two shows while others got none.

I don't know....worth a thought.
    95: San Francisco, San Jose
    96: Seattle
    97: Oakland
    98: Sacramento
    00: Sacramento, Mt. View, Portland
    02: Seattle (2)
    03: Mt. View, Las Vegas, Phoenix
    05: Vancouver
    06: Albany, Hartford, Denver (2), LA (2), SF (3)
    08: Santa Barbara & San Diego (EV), Camden II, Washington DC, MSG II
  • Options
    culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    I havent read the bullshit responses to the original post, because I know most of the morons here at good ol' synergy cant get it thru their thick heads that the ten club is one of the most piss poorly run thing we've ever seen

Im guessing at least 50 of you idiots are about to label me "ungreatful" to those assholes.

quick, somebody tell me all about what the 10C does for us, other than dick us around and treat us like crap.

thats right, 20 bucks a year for the last 10 years for not afucking thing other than the opportunity to get crashed out of their website for MSG tix, really the only thing this assanine "Fan club" is even remotely needed for

oh but i WILL get some bullshit newsletter with a 5 sentance message from jeff about skateboarding and well, thats about it. how nice

as far as Im concerned, the entire ten club can kiss my ass. they are the most useless bunch in the world.

all of you jackasses are about to get one step closer at the next round of shows, cause in august when its time for me to renew, i just wont. Ill go to ticketmaster for my tickets. they may charge crazy fees, but they are professionals who know how to handle ticket sales.

peace

It doesn't matter though. Are you willing to accept reality and find another way in, or are going to do nothing but point fingers and miss the show. I've gotten into a couple of shows by just walking around the parking lot ticketless, holding a finger in the air...and I scored. I don't much like the 10C but they are certainly not the end all to whether you do, or don't, see PJ.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,900
    demand was way higher for supply for two shows out of the tour. the reason this didn't happen before 2003 was because you were allowed two tickets to one show! not two tickets to as many shows as you like! this is the problem. 10c needs to post a limit of maybe seven shows a tour or something like that.

i remember the 10c outsold tickets on 9/10/98. instead of refunding my money they instead gave me first row tickets on 9/11/98. same goes with '03. they outsold the 2nd msg show so instead they gave me front row ticktets to holmdel.

if we all remember the borgota fiasco a few years back, instead of just ignoring the problem they sent out an apology letter and set up the wachovia show for all us fans that got shut out.

the 10c rules. 'nuff said.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    mornglory wrote:
    you obviously never did the mail system. it was open for a long period and as long as you got your request in before the cutoff date you were basically guaranteed tickets so it didn't matter when it got there... one day... five days... as long as it was before the cutoff date you were in. - dawn

indeed.
    however, the BIG difference today is: LIMITS on FANCLUB TIX. to the tune of 10%of the venue...snail mail, internet, or whatever voodoo we could think upo will NEVER allow UNLIMITED 10C tix! this is how it is. thank TM.

it saddens me to read posts of 'entitlement' once again...that NYers should have first shot, those with most seniorty should have first shot, etc, etc. all i can say is THANK bejjebus pearl jam and 10c do not hold such attitudes towards their fans. we ALL had/have an EQUAL opportunity for these tix. yes, life can and does get in the way. same happens ANYtime you by tix thru TM, at the mercy of the onsale date. we get the OPPORTUNITY for a SHOT at tix, BEFORE the general public, for the BEST seats....so yea, cmon...i don't see what else. beyond MSG the whole server issue for other shows have been great, even MSG this time around seemed a bit improved over other times in the past. STILL could be MUCH better, absolutely, but bottomline, people will ALWAYS get shut out of 10c tix nowdadays until if/when this 10% rule is ever done away with. i am sorry for those who missed out, i hope all are luxcky thru TM and/or score people's spares, etc.

mcgruff - nice! the holmdel trade yielded me 11th row...man, was i happy! and it's not just the unlimited 10c shows, although that certainly adds to it...i definitely think it's the TM LIMITs on fanclub tix.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    mornglory wrote:

Actualy, i totally remember the mail in system, and i also remember people complaining that they got their mailer late, or 1 day before the post mark due date or whatever ... so don't try to tell me it didn't have it's problems as well ...

Also, you obviously don't understand that the Tenclub has LIMITED access to tickets these days. So it does not matter HOW the fuck they set it up, for SOME shows SOMEONE is getting fucked ... so, sorry to the people who live near NYC and have THE MOST POPULAR FUCKING SHOW IN THE WORLD ... tough shit, pick another fucking show.

So it's not "as long as it was before the cutoff date you were in" anymore,
    it's going to be "SOMEONE GETS FUCKED" ...

got it?
    before you get in a huff, the tone of your response was just BEGGING for this type of repost.
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,535

peace

renewing? :)

EDIT: sorry, initially missed the "cause in August when its time for me to renew, i just wont"
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore