Instant thoughts. (add yours if you like)

Comments

• StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    canoegirl wrote:
    And married by the justice of peace tried to divorce through moderator but that didn't work and this before smoking pot PEACE to the Justice
    pot in the Peace Pipe?
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • seriously you would have to ask a Native American Indian on the guidelines how would the indians like it used last i knew pot was native to America ;)
  • tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    I Selassie I, King of Kings, Lord of Lords, Conquering Lion of the Tribe of Judah, and Elect of God
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
    edited November 2010
    canoegirl wrote:
    seriously you would have to ask a Native American Indian on the guidelines how would the indians like it used last i knew pot was native to America ;)

i live with a native american man, and as far as he tells me, Lakota tradition has it that the original substance in their version of the native american peace pipe was sweetgrass tobacco....when it was used as a peace pipe, which is totally a european view of the whole thing.

In ceremonial usage, the smoke is believed to carry prayers to the attention of the Creator or other powerful spirits. Lakota tradition has it that White Buffalo Calf Woman, brought the Chanunpa to the people, and instructed them in its symbolism and ceremonies. The pipe does not belong to an individual, but collectively by the medicine man or shaman. in the ceremonies and the sweat lodges, other than the tobacco and other herbs like sage, i believe they used marijuana and psilocybin mushrooms (spelling?). at least so ive been told. the shamans used psilocybin to aid them on their voyages to the elders and the gods. (i think i've been there once or twice :o :shock: )

EDIT ~ WELL...now later, re-reading that, I see that I've provided you all with a hunk of basically useless and boring information. Soooo..what else can I do for you today? :D

funny-pictures-bored-cat-1.jpg
    Post edited by StillHere on
    peace,
    jo

"Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • "Oh you crazy girl,
    you don't know what you do
    I thought I'd get away
    Instead I fell in love with you"

I dreamt that last night. Can't remember the music to go with it. It was a really ugly bloke singing. Let's hope she got away. :lol:
    FinsburyParkCarrots' blog is really hotting up now

http://thefootoftheduck.blogspot.com/

I think this is a direct response to his statement a few weeks ago, something like: 'The Internet is full of people who want you to read that they are incapable of thought!' :lol:

Very witty too. I usually hate blogs

StillHere wrote:
    canoegirl wrote:
    seriously you would have to ask a Native American Indian on the guidelines how would the indians like it used last i knew pot was native to America ;)

i live with a native american man, and as far as he tells me, Lakota tradition has it that the original substance in their version of the native american peace pipe was sweetgrass tobacco....when it was used as a peace pipe, which is totally a european view of the whole thing.

In ceremonial usage, the smoke is believed to carry prayers to the attention of the Creator or other powerful spirits. Lakota tradition has it that White Buffalo Calf Woman, brought the Chanunpa to the people, and instructed them in its symbolism and ceremonies. The pipe does not belong to an individual, but collectively by the medicine man or shaman. in the ceremonies and the sweat lodges, other than the tobacco and other herbs like sage, i believe they used marijuana and psilocybin mushrooms (spelling?). at least so ive been told. the shamans used psilocybin to aid them on their voyages to the elders and the gods. (i think i've been there once or twice :o :shock: )

EDIT ~ WELL...now later, re-reading that, I see that I've provided you all with a hunk of basically useless and boring information. Soooo..what else can I do for you today? :D

Useless? Maybe. Boring? No

tremors wrote:
    StillHere wrote:
    canoegirl wrote:

why thank you mr. tremors for your vote of confidence
    means much :D
    peace,
    jo

StillHere wrote:
    tremors wrote:
    StillHere wrote:

why thank you mr. tremors for your vote of confidence
    means much :D

I have been known to smoke sage! I knew a cool chick from south carolina y'all with barefeet and native american spirituality who used to blow it in my face at dusk..... And refuse to smoke anything with tobacco. So we used sage and maryjuana. Lost contact with her in the days before Friends Reunited. Dammit, she was gorgeous. Only know her first name and not even how to spell it! I regret our friendship must stay frozen in a haze of heady smoke in 1994!! :lol:

• Sweetgrass is good to pray with :)
  • tremors wrote:

I think this is a direct response to his statement a few weeks ago, something like: 'The Internet is full of people who want you to read that they are incapable of thought!' :lol:

Cool. Are you 4590q50945it0kf er,gmbklb,blkg who posted the Hughes and likes Adam Ant?
    tremors wrote:

Cool. Are you 4590q50945it0kf er,gmbklb,blkg who posted the Hughes and likes Adam Ant?

might be! :lol:

Mr FPCarrots, you seem to be writing more in retirement than you did when you worked here!

• tremors wrote:
    tremors wrote:

might be! :lol:

Mr FPCarrots, you seem to be writing more in retirement than you did when you worked here!

It's called a comeback, muddafuggas. ;)
    Back with a vengeance. And a mean guitar. You can sing good too. I am like, officially.... your fan! The most talent to come out of Ireland since, er - Ardal O'Hanlon?

• justamjustam Posts: 21,407

:D
    And we're glad!
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    justam wrote:

And we're glad!

im undecided. ;)8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,407
    justam wrote:

And we're glad!

im undecided. ;)8-)

:think:
    :P
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    canoegirl wrote:
    Sweetgrass is good to pray with :)

and smudging...quite a bit of smudging goes on around here.
    peace,
    jo

tremors wrote:

I have been known to smoke sage! I knew a cool chick from south carolina y'all with barefeet and native american spirituality who used to blow it in my face at dusk..... And refuse to smoke anything with tobacco. So we used sage and maryjuana. Lost contact with her in the days before Friends Reunited. Dammit, she was gorgeous. Only know her first name and not even how to spell it! I regret our friendship must stay frozen in a haze of heady smoke in 1994!! :lol:

that sounds cool...too bad her memory is frozen in hazy time.

how bout those lettuce leaves? i recall tobacco-less cigarettes with lettuce leaves in them?

sage is quite popular in our house....used for smudging most of the time..which is good for just about anything, smudging that is. cures what ails ya, or ails your home or your spirit.

but i prefer amber and sandalwood....or patchouli leaves (not root) or a concoction of frankincense and myrrh..but man that stuff is strong. and sometimes reminds me of catholic church special high masses from my youth... a little too much.

yep, amber and sandalwood suit me just fine. sweet and earthy.
    peace,
    jo

• Its all in my head so I guess its alright
    <b>Your light's reflected now,... reflected from afar...
    We were but stones,... your light made us stars</b>

Buffalo 5-10-10...First PJ show..Life changing..magical..
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    Yesterday at school, I met an 8 yr old boy with -

severe ADHD
    severe Autism
    some type of degenerate eye disease

he will be completely blind by the time he is 12 yrs old....

sure puts everything in perspective.
    ********************************************************************************************* image
    mikalina wrote:
    Yesterday at school, I met an 8 yr old boy with -

severe ADHD
    severe Autism
    some type of degenerate eye disease

he will be completely blind by the time he is 12 yrs old....

sure puts everything in perspective.

Yeah. Life can be pretty cruel. Tragic really

StillHere wrote:
    tremors wrote:

that sounds cool...too bad her memory is frozen in hazy time.

how bout those lettuce leaves? i recall tobacco-less cigarettes with lettuce leaves in them?

sage is quite popular in our house....used for smudging most of the time..which is good for just about anything, smudging that is. cures what ails ya, or ails your home or your spirit.

but i prefer amber and sandalwood....or patchouli leaves (not root) or a concoction of frankincense and myrrh..but man that stuff is strong. and sometimes reminds me of catholic church special high masses from my youth... a little too much.

yep, amber and sandalwood suit me just fine. sweet and earthy.

I have smoked all sorts of shit in my time, but no - never lettuce leaves. Garden leaves? I think so. I've smoked the herbal blends to come off cigarettes, enjoyed the taste but not the absence of nicotine, so mixed the stuff back with rolling tobacco.... I've smoked cigarettes rolled up from abandoned dog-ends gathered from the ashtray of the hospital ward, I've smoked till my eyes felt like ping-pong balls about to pop out of my head. Most organic matter - I believe I've smoked it! Microwaved banana skins? Yep. Sage is probably the best stuff to smoke on its own if you are ever stuck with just the contents of the kitchen late at night.

Banana skins ??!! :lol:

I need recipes, please.... ;) I'm not good in the kitchen at all.
    ********************************************************************************************* image
    mikalina wrote:

I'm a good boy these days. Learned my lessons. There are a lot of urban myths about alternative smokeables. Sage is really the only 'not very often smoked' thing which is actually very potent. You have to go easy with it though, can be quite meditative if used in the right quantities. The only thing I smoke now is natural tobacco. If I ran completely out and was desperate, I would definitely turn to the sage though! It can feel a bit like there is a section of your skull being opened up to the breeze mind. It's a good herb all round - good to cook with - my favourite herbs are the common ones, parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme - and coriander!!

You can actually get high on food - I just had a fresh pea and bean shoot salad with a mint dressing, and feel very mind expanded! Chinese medicine relies of food and herbs a lot to achieve many conducive effects. Herbal infusions too.... my friend is a complete drugs fiend, but when he comes round mine I just cook him a fresh stir fry, and then we drink a lot of Fennel tea, and we are inevitably giggling like loons by the end of the evening. Fennel tea is good shit man.....

• prismprism Posts: 2,440
    i sure hope the weather reports are correct this time and up around here we really do get alotta snow this weekend.... :D
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • Oh, fuck. I really didn't see this coming.
    tremors wrote:
    mikalina wrote:

I'm a good boy these days. Learned my lessons. There are a lot of urban myths about alternative smokeables. Sage is really the only 'not very often smoked' thing which is actually very potent. You have to go easy with it though, can be quite meditative if used in the right quantities. The only thing I smoke now is natural tobacco. If I ran completely out and was desperate, I would definitely turn to the sage though! It can feel a bit like there is a section of your skull being opened up to the breeze mind. It's a good herb all round - good to cook with - my favourite herbs are the common ones, parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme - and coriander!!

You can actually get high on food - I just had a fresh pea and bean shoot salad with a mint dressing, and feel very mind expanded! Chinese medicine relies of food and herbs a lot to achieve many conducive effects. Herbal infusions too.... my friend is a complete drugs fiend, but when he comes round mine I just cook him a fresh stir fry, and then we drink a lot of Fennel tea, and we are inevitably giggling like loons by the end of the evening. Fennel tea is good shit man.....

no smoking banana peels for me. no cigarettes. only one thing i'll smoke these days and it's agaist someone's laws so...well.
    anyway i agree with the food thing too! infuse yourself some of rosemary, clove, mistletoe, oakmoss, elecampane and rue.
    peace,
    jo

StillHere wrote:

no smoking banana peels for me. no cigarettes. only one thing i'll smoke these days and it's agaist someone's laws so...well.
    anyway i agree with the food thing too! infuse yourself some of rosemary, clove, mistletoe, oakmoss, elecampane and rue.

Smoking's for losers. Infusions rock!

tremors wrote:
    StillHere wrote:

Smoking's for losers. Infusions rock!

O.K. only "organic" salads..... ;)
This discussion has been closed.