Options

LA2, my last show EVER without 10c tix.

124»

Comments

• Options
    Danimal wrote:
    Was it the same people?

no, if you can believe it, it was different people!

I was actually REALLY scared in that parking lot. it was awful cuz I was stuck in the parking lot traffic and had nowhere to go. to be honest, I don't know exactly what was so scary about it but it just like, got to me.
  • Options
    DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    no, if you can believe it, it was different people!

I was actually REALLY scared in that parking lot. it was awful cuz I was stuck in the parking lot traffic and had nowhere to go. to be honest, I don't know exactly what was so scary about it but it just like, got to me.

So strange. I have never had a problem at Pearl Jam shows nor have I seen any problems....well except for some drunk little kids getting thrown out. Now that I think of it it was the same show you were at.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options
    drtyfrnk29drtyfrnk29 Posts: 846
    I had a similar experience for LA1.

Right as Liam said it was going to be his last song I had a guy in my row asked the people sitting directly in front of him if they planned on talking the whole night or just during the opener. Granted, he could have asked a little nicer but I understood his frustration. Well, the cat sitting in front of him gets his feathers ruffled and asks if he wants to take it outside. The guy in my row tells him to shut up and leave him alone about twelve times, at one point screaming in the guy's face. The guy he was yelling at was obviously drunk and after Liam's set stood up to further the confrontation thinking he would get back up from the people in our section. We all promptly told him to shut up and sit down.

Ed comes out and this asshole stands up, like all of us do, but when Ed mentions that the environment catered to more of a seating crowd this jackass lets everyone know he's not sitting the whole show. That lasts about thirty seconds as most of us all told him to sit his ass down. He then proceeded to tell the poor girl sitting next to us to "Fuck off and mind her own business." That's when my wife and I got up to let security know this dude had to go. As I'm walking out I see security walking in. I thought someone had already let them know so I took the opportunity to use the bathroom and when I get back the dude and his girlfriend are gone. Well, turns out he just went to the bar and got another glass of nasty smelling Merlot. He didn't have it long because after about five minutes of sipping the wine, he throws up all over the floor in front of him and the seat in front of him. His pals got him out of there and the small group of people sitting around us let him know we were glad he was leaving. unfortunately, we had to smell the stench of his Merlot vomit until they showed up with a mop to clean it up
    I'm so dangerous I smoke dynamite.

• Options
    meisteredermeistereder Posts: 1,555
    drtyfrnk29 wrote:

Right as Liam said it was going to be his last song I had a guy in my row asked the people sitting directly in front of him if they planned on talking the whole night or just during the opener. Granted, he could have asked a little nicer but I understood his frustration. Well, the cat sitting in front of him gets his feathers ruffled and asks if he wants to take it outside. The guy in my row tells him to shut up and leave him alone about twelve times, at one point screaming in the guy's face. The guy he was yelling at was obviously drunk and after Liam's set stood up to further the confrontation thinking he would get back up from the people in our section. We all promptly told him to shut up and sit down.

Ed comes out and this asshole stands up, like all of us do, but when Ed mentions that the environment catered to more of a seating crowd this jackass lets everyone know he's not sitting the whole show. That lasts about thirty seconds as most of us all told him to sit his ass down. He then proceeded to tell the poor girl sitting next to us to "Fuck off and mind her own business." That's when my wife and I got up to let security know this dude had to go. As I'm walking out I see security walking in. I thought someone had already let them know so I took the opportunity to use the bathroom and when I get back the dude and his girlfriend are gone. Well, turns out he just went to the bar and got another glass of nasty smelling Merlot. He didn't have it long because after about five minutes of sipping the wine, he throws up all over the floor in front of him and the seat in front of him. His pals got him out of there and the small group of people sitting around us let him know we were glad he was leaving. unfortunately, we had to smell the stench of his Merlot vomit until they showed up with a mop to clean it up

That is vile. How embarrassing.
    San Diego 10/25/00, Mountain View 6/1/03, Santa Barbara 10/28/03, Northwest School 3/18/05, San Diego 7/7/06, Los Angeles 7/9/06, 7/10/06, Honolulu (U2) 12/9/06, Santa Barbara (EV) 4/10/08, Los Angeles (EV) 4/12/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield 6/28/08, VH1 Rock Honors The Who 7/12/08, Seattle 9/21/09, Universal City 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, San Diego 10/9/09, Los Angeles (EV) 7/8/11, Santa Barbara (EV) 7/9/11, Chicago 7/19/13, San Diego 11/21/13, Los Angeles 11/23/13, 11/24/13, Oakland 11/26/13, Chicago 8/22/16, Missoula 8/13/18, Boston 9/2/18, Los Angeles 2/25/22 (EV), San Diego 5/3/22, Los Angeles 5/6/22, 5/7/22, Imola 6/25/22, [Los Angeles 5/21/24], [London 6/29/24], [Boston 9/15/24]
  • Options
    EvilRabbitEvilRabbit Posts: 286

Wow, now I'm glad I went to Night #2.

Even happier I attended Santa Barbara.

Sorry you had to experience such a jackass.
    Are you a screenwriter?
    www.screenplaymechanic.com
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,444
    drtyfrnk29 wrote:

Has society gone so sour that people are not conscientious about those around them?

Are these assholes' lives so bad that they act this way?

What thrill do people find in yelling out Eddie's name during a quiet song?

I wonder.
  • Options
    EvilRabbit wrote:

Sorry you had to experience such a jackass
    He was a pretty big jackass. It made it easier dealing with him knowing I wasn't alone in not appreciating his antics

• Options
    Funny shit and gay all at the same time...
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,501
    drtyfrnk29 wrote:

God, I'm glad my Left Loge (aka Zenmaster Section) mates were cool. Thanks to everyone for not being the jerk above or the "texting, Whitesnake whores" :p. It absolutely sucks that some peoples' experience was ruined by others but, for me, it was all good. Thanks again to the respectful majority.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    meisteredermeistereder Posts: 1,555
    EvilRabbit wrote:

Sorry you had to experience such a jackass.

You know, I went to Santa Barbara and LAI. Santa Barbara was unbelievable, and LAI was almost as good for me. So much of it is just a roll of dice if you are next to someone who is an asshole.

I went to a concert at the Hollywood Bowl last year and this bitch for some reason didn't like the way I looked or something so she started blowing cigarette smoke right at me on purpose. There was nothing I could do except shoot her dirty glances. So then she started doing something I would have done in 2nd grade -- she would elbow me hard, and then if I turned around, she would turn away while her moronic friend laughed. The other people in her row saw this and told her to stop it, and she finally did. It was unreal.

I think this is to be expected any time you get so many people in one setting. A certain percentage of them are going to be morons.
    San Diego 10/25/00, Mountain View 6/1/03, Santa Barbara 10/28/03, Northwest School 3/18/05, San Diego 7/7/06, Los Angeles 7/9/06, 7/10/06, Honolulu (U2) 12/9/06, Santa Barbara (EV) 4/10/08, Los Angeles (EV) 4/12/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield 6/28/08, VH1 Rock Honors The Who 7/12/08, Seattle 9/21/09, Universal City 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, San Diego 10/9/09, Los Angeles (EV) 7/8/11, Santa Barbara (EV) 7/9/11, Chicago 7/19/13, San Diego 11/21/13, Los Angeles 11/23/13, 11/24/13, Oakland 11/26/13, Chicago 8/22/16, Missoula 8/13/18, Boston 9/2/18, Los Angeles 2/25/22 (EV), San Diego 5/3/22, Los Angeles 5/6/22, 5/7/22, Imola 6/25/22, [Los Angeles 5/21/24], [London 6/29/24], [Boston 9/15/24]
  • Options
    FatalFatal Posts: 821
    drtyfrnk29 wrote:

That's horrible! Any chance the guy was a big dude with a shaved head?
    Shows: Montreal 98, Barrie 98, Montreal 00, Montreal 03, Montreal 05, Ottawa 05, Toronto 06, Vancouver Night 1 08 (EV), Vancouver Night 2 08 (EV), MSG1 08, MSG2 08, Montreal Night 2 08 (EV), Toronto Night 1 08 (EV), Toronto 09, Hartford 11 (EV), Ottawa 11, Ottawa 16, Ottawa 22.

• Options
    walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,557
    Reading through all of these comments, it just goes to show how much of a difference one's enjoyment is affected by the people they sit around.

At LA1 I was up in the left Mezzanine section, near the wall. Two girls came in during Liam's set and wouldn't shut up for his ENTIRE set. I was irritated as all hell and asked them to be quiet or else go outside a few times, but each time they would shut up for about 30 seconds before "whispering" (not really whispering, of course) to each other again. Luckily, they were quiet during Ed's set. However, the idiot who kept on yelling "Footsteps" kind of ruined the vibe for me. I just kept on thinking about how bad that one fucker was making the entire crowd look for what was obviously meant to be an intimate, positive performance.

At LA2 I was on the floor, on level 2, row A (front and center). AMAZING seats, and everyone around me was totally cool. I was sitting next to a guy from Montana at first, but then one of the Wiltern ushers came up and snipped the tie that was binding our chairs together so that I could scoot over and be next to my girlfriend (for some reason we had been given seats that were next to each other, but in separate aisles). I had no idea any of the other shit was going on. I was able to sit (and at times stand) and enjoy the beauty of Eddie's music all night, and it made the show utterly perfect for me -- light years ahead of LA1, even. There was a girl who rushed up to the front of our section and crammed beside me near the end of the first set, but I didn't mind at all since she was really into the music and was clearly there only to rock out.

It kind of amazes me to know that there were problems with people being obnoxious since, from my seat, none of that could be heard or seen.

I'm sorry to those who couldn't enjoy the show as much as I did due to external distractions. I really don't understand why people would want to get shitfaced drunk at a concert -- it seems to me that the drunker I get, the less I would be able to focus on the music, and the less memorable the show would end up being.

I also can't STAND people who insist on talking during a performer's time on stage. Seriously -- if you want to talk, go to the fuckin lobby and chat there! Not only would it be easier to talk there without having to compete with the musician, but you wouldn't be annoying the people around you, either. I swear, some people have NO courtesty for the people around them, and that's just sad.
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    A portly gentleman was in the row behind me - a few seats over. The first 5 times he made a beer\piss break; I was okay. His 'muffin' gut would slam into the back of my head over-&-over again. By the 15th time of thrusting my neck into unnatural positions - I turned around and shot him a dirty look. There was no other place for me to go and enjoy the concert in this non-arena environment. The guy missed a great deal of the show - his loss.

Yeah, I went to an Eddie Vedder show and got whiplash...
    Everyone is born, but not everyone is born the same. Some will grow to be butchers, or bakers, or candlestick makers. Some will only be really good at making Jell-O salad. One way or another, though, every human being is unique, for better or for worse.
  • Options
    EvilRabbitEvilRabbit Posts: 286
    I still don't get why people have to yell out requests.

Like I said, Ed isn't a voice-activated juke box. We all want to hear our favorite tracks but Ed writes himself a set-list for a reason. He might have some flexibility and maybe even offer to take a request, but for the most part people should be grateful for the chance to hear whatever he wants to play.

In all the shows I've been to, I've yet to hear "Masters of War" but you're not likely to hear me yell it out. If Ed wants to play it, he will. He's not an organ monkey who is there to cater to your every whim and fancy.

If you only want to hear songs "on-demand" skip the show and buy a fucking iPod.
    Are you a screenwriter?
    www.screenplaymechanic.com
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    drtyfrnk29 wrote:
    ....... His pals got him out of there and the small group of people sitting around us let him know we were glad he was leaving. unfortunately, we had to smell the stench of his Merlot vomit until they showed up with a mop to clean it up

Ick!!! How to walk in dignity with throw up on your shoes......:)

I had an annoying guy by me---talking, yelling, using his rolled up poster as a megaphone. Tried to ignore him the best i could. Everyone was telling him to be quiet and I told him "they are not gonna play Dirty Frank". He kept yellling that shit..........and he had fanclub seats which obviously does not mean a helluva lot!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    Fatal wrote:
    That's horrible! Any chance the guy was a big dude with a shaved head?
    No. He was a thin cat, with a designer button down and a pair of shorts like Charlie Sheen wears on Two and a Half Men. He had hair, too.

• Options
    hidinghiding Posts: 290
    i would have fought all four of them!!!

wuss
    one love

respect
  • Options
    mjbmjb Posts: 1,314
    Hate to say it...but similar experience here...10c tickets for SB and LA1 and the nights were perfect. 7th row center both nights (strange eh?) - LA2 was up the mezz - fella beside me was drunk out of his mind - girl beside him was text messaging all night (and I am pretty damn sure she wasn't a set relayer). Really felt like more of an observer of the show rather then part of it - floor looked really great last night though. Once Ed did the birthday thing, he seemed to relax a bit (and maybe I did too) cause things got pretty great. Made me appreciate the 10c and the hookup. Wish I was heading to San Diego...peace.
  • Options
    jfconnorjrjfconnorjr Posts: 518
    I feel for you but 10C seats/tickets are not fool proof.
    I was fortunate enough to get vic tickets last year. I was Stone side about 15 back. There was this "crew" from New York that wouldn't stop talking. It was horrible. They kept pushing everyone around them so that they could make way for more of their buddies so they could talk even loader over songs.

While the VIC was great... I could have done without that taste of the North East.
  • Options
    hiding wrote:
    i would have fought all four of them!!!

wuss

Did I mention I am a ninja?

problem is I can't just fight, I would HAVE HAD to kill them all.

Then there would have been a thread about how some3 asshole was killing people and the screams were drowning out "walking the cow".

man this thread exploded.
  • Options
    quasiquasi Posts: 492
    I was extremely lucky last night in the LOGE...very nice couple next to me, a couple of gals in front of me...everybody was great. Usually, I get stuck next to all the annoying nightmares, but this time I lucked out thankfully. It's always a crap shoot.
    SEA 9/20/92, SEA 12/7/93, SEA 12/31/94 (MS), SEA 11/5/00, SEA 11/6/00, SEA 12/8/02, SEA 12/9/02, BEN 10/22/03, GOR 9/1/05, SD 7/7/06, LA 7/10/06, LA 7/12/06, LA (EV) 4/12/08, LA (EV) 4/13/08, LA 7/12/08, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/7/09, SEA 12/6/13, SEA 8/8/18