Options

LA2, my last show EVER without 10c tix.

Comments

• Options
    In fairness, Ed could piss his pants up there and most of us wouldn't care.

yes but in fairness thats hypocritical, especially if ed was pissed at
    the people drinking, I doubt he was, though, people here shouldnt assume he was getting mad at these people. He is a proffessional.
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    yes but in fairness thats hypocritical, especially if ed was pissed at
    the people drinking, I doubt he was, though, people here shouldnt assume he was getting mad at these people. He is a proffessional.

ed telling them to shut the fuck up is what, a joke?

also you've mentioned that ed drinks during the shows (pj, not solo) and that's fine with me because he's the guy i've come to see....i didn't buy a ticket to listen to the crowd behave like spoiled children...
  • Options
    EvilRabbitEvilRabbit Posts: 286
    Some of us are both???? this may be the ruddest reply I have ever read on here. sorry.

And fans can be labeled iddiot becasue they want to hear songs the lead singer wrote, or performed. Gee I thought when Ed braught all the convicts out in Camden 06 and let them play instruments, on last kiss was a waste. I didnt like it but had enough respect mutually for Ed to just deal with it. Would never pass judgement on someoen I valued just becasue I didnt see eye to eye with his other fans.

Honestly people if Ed was as tight assed as you are making him out to be,
    Why didnt he do shows where they were not selling alchohol??
    Its his choice. If he didnt want to give the impression he wanted absoluteley wanted nothing to do with pj why is he playing their material.
    Ill tell you why, becasue he doesnt give a fuck about the stuff that is being complained about.
    Now obviously what happens in special circumstances like the thread starter, sucks, but there were thousands at the show, and nobody ended up hurt, except peoples feelings.

You completely misunderstand, perhaps because you weren't there. Ed repeatedly make half-jokes about the audience being quiet and respecting him. He talked about the crowd the night before and how obnoxiously loud they were. He wasn't being a tight-ass at all, but I think he was hoping these shows would be more akin to a Bob Dylan show.

He wanted a respectful, appreciative crowd who didn't treat him like a voice-activated juke box.

As for my comment about there being fans of PJ, fans of Ed's more acoustic, solo stuff, and fans of both... I stand by that comment. I've read countless posts on here from people who had no interest in seeing Ed's solo shows. So doesn't that mean there are some people who like PJ, some who like Ed's solo material, and a great many who like both?
    Are you a screenwriter?
    www.screenplaymechanic.com
  • Options
    Ed certainly wasn't angry about people drinking.
    Are you a screenwriter?
  • Options
    People also need to understand that the seats at the Wiltern were crammed in, so you were literally rubbing shoulders with the person next to you. I felt bad for the girl sitting 3 seats away from me, because the guy next to her was rocking out like a drunken retard and repeatedly banging into her.
    Are you a screenwriter?
  • Options
    cutback wrote:
    ed telling them to shut the fuck up is what, a joke?

also you've mentioned that ed drinks during the shows (pj, not solo) and that's fine with me because he's the guy i've come to see....i didn't buy a ticket to listen to the crowd behave like spoiled children...

ed didnt drink any whine at the shows??

and he angrily told fans to shut the fuck up.

thats bullshit if he did, becasue he never shuts the fuck up at pearl jam, he rants and raves about things People take personally.
    AND GETS FLYING DRUNK OFF HIS ASS, AND SMOKES LIKE A CHIMNEY.
    So all of a sudden he puts out 1 solo album and he is Barry Manilow.
    Look I made my points, I was not there, so we cant elevate our debate any more.

Is Ed playing unplugged, is there a drummer, or is it just him. I mean Ed was the one writing things on his arm during their unplugged show, he cant change his past and he shouldnt expect his fans too, that is selling out.

he should not have sold alchohol at these shows.
    It would have made the show calmer.

no more shows
  • Options
    Okay, let's all agree that you had to FUCKING BE THERE to comment on whether or not some of the audience members were out of line.

There's too much speculating by people who have no clue what an intimate solo show is like or should be like.

These were not Pearl Jam concerts, people. Understand that.
    Are you a screenwriter?
  • Options
    EvilRabbit wrote:
    You completely misunderstand, perhaps because you weren't there. Ed repeatedly make half-jokes about the audience being quiet and respecting him. He talked about the crowd the night before and how obnoxiously loud they were. He wasn't being a tight-ass at all, but I think he was hoping these shows would be more akin to a Bob Dylan show.

He wanted a respectful, appreciative crowd who didn't treat him like a voice-activated juke box.

As for my comment about there being fans of PJ, fans of Ed's more acoustic, solo stuff, and fans of both... I stand by that comment. I've read countless posts on here from people who had no interest in seeing Ed's solo shows. So doesn't that mean there are some people who like PJ, some who like Ed's solo material, and a great many who like both?
    YES BUT IT DOESNT MAKE ONE SIDE IDDIOTS, THATS ALL BRO.

I get that, and I appreciatE this reply, but what happens here is you get all these other points and people stereotyping.

The bottom line here is this.
    People should know how to act in public, thats it, theres a fine line between getting up for beers, and acting like an obnoxious person.
    It comes down to all of us getting on the left or right sides, we fight than we agree and than have group hugs,lol

But in the end we are all fans, and it comes down to people dying to come on here and talk shit about their expierences.

no more shows
  • Options
    Its not fair that Ed can smoke during the shows and I cant.
    All the weirdos always think its cool when he hands out the wine bottle. I just always wished hed give me a drag or 2 on a smoke.
  • Options
    YES BUT IT DOESNT MAKE ONE SIDE IDDIOTS, THATS ALL BRO.

People who don't know how to behave or act respectfully are idiots. I wasn't calling anyone else an idiot.
    Are you a screenwriter?
  • Options

Is Ed playing unplugged, is there a drummer, or is it just him.

just ed....liam helps him on guitar and background vocals with society and drums on hard sun

if it makes you feel better, i noticed in your sig "american idol sucks"

saturday ed was reading the paper and noticed that a carpet company got over 10,000 wrong number calls - all for american idol - apparently their number is close.....well 240,000 people dialed the wrong number to which ed said "american idol viewers are idiots!" :D

i'm sorry you have a problem with ed trying to put on a quiet, intimate tour....i'm sure come june he'll be up to his old tricks....enjoy! :)
  • Options
    EvilRabbit wrote:
    People also need to understand that the seats at the Wiltern were crammed in, so you were literally rubbing shoulders with the person next to you. I felt bad for the girl sitting 3 seats away from me, because the guy next to her was rocking out like a drunken retard and repeatedly banging into her.

Okay I wasnt there, but this atmosphere all ready you described doesnt come off as intimate.
    There should be less seats, no standing room onlys, and a more relaxed atmosphere, no cramming.

I have been to plenty of intimate shows, they have seats spaced apart, less sound, no beer or at least allowed in the show area. They sell family area seats, more handicapped and no pit.
    The lights arent as dim, and tighter security.

no more shows
  • Options
    EvilRabbit wrote:
    People who don't know how to behave or act respectfully are idiots. I wasn't calling anyone else an idiot.
    Yes but you assumed they were pj fans and not ed solo

cmon bro, admit it that comment was weak, thats all lol
    hehehe

no more shows
  • Options
    Okay I wasnt there, but this atmosphere all ready you described doesnt come off as intimate.
    There should be less seats, no standing room onlys, and a more relaxed atmosphere, no cramming.

I have been to plenty of intimate shows, they have seats spaced apart, less sound, no beer or at least allowed in the show area. They sell family area seats, more handicapped and no pit.
    The lights arent as dim, and tighter security.

You are absolutely right about "they should have..." but it seems Ed, or whoever was responsible for making these decisions overestimated the audience's ability to behave respectfully. The venue might insist on alcohol sales and, as far as I know, there wasn't any "standing room only."

By the way, the best part of the night was the whole Obama gag. Brilliant way for Eddie to announce his endorsement.
    Are you a screenwriter?
  • Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    ohh im sorry honestly, when i saw you were form bucks county I was like hmm
    no other shows but ten club???

cool
    i've only been lucky enough to have 10c seats once in 06. I've seen PJ 8 times total with 4 more coming this tour. Got 10c seats for both camden shows, and will be in the 300 sec for both msg shows. so besides the actually PHILLY SHOWS i've been on the lawn in camden 5 times. And I love bucks county PHS 99
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    Yes but you assumed they were pj fans and not ed solo

cmon bro, admit it that comment was weak, thats all lol
    hehehe

I was referring to the two girls on the other side of my wife. They were idiots. They talked/texted all the way through Ed's purely solo stuff (You're True, ITW, etc.) then went ape shit for PJ material and danced like a couple of whores at a Whitesnake concert... No doubt they were strictly PJ fans. Nothing wrong with that, but be respectful of your neighbors who are there for EVERY song.
    Are you a screenwriter?
  • Options
    cutback wrote:
    just ed....liam helps him on guitar and background vocals with society and drums on hard sun

if it makes you feel better, i noticed in your sig "american idol sucks"

saturday ed was reading the paper and noticed that a carpet company got over 10,000 wrong number calls - all for american idol - apparently their number is close.....well 240,000 people dialed the wrong number to which ed said "american idol viewers are idiots!" :D

i'm sorry you have a problem with ed trying to put on a quiet, intimate tour....i'm sure come june he'll be up to his old tricks....enjoy! :)

no I dont have a problem I am more less trying to be sarcastic to some of the fans overall on here this whole week.
    The ones who hate weed
    the drunk posts
    the dont invade my space posts, thats all, Ed makes me want to act more crazy at shows, thats all it comes down too.
    I respect what he is doing but a very small part of the fanbase just gets a lil ahead of themselves sometimes. I respect everything you wrote except the iddiot part.

I love intimate shows, i still party at those, I just relax more, its hard to relax crammed in.

no more shows
  • Options
    EvilRabbit wrote:
    I was referring to the two girls on the other side of my wife. They were idiots. They talked/texted all the way through Ed's purely solo stuff (You're True, ITW, etc.) then went ape shit for PJ material and danced like a couple of whores at a Whitesnake concert... No doubt they were strictly PJ fans. Nothing wrong with that, but be respectful of your neighbors who are there for EVERY song.

I can agree with this, and the whitesnake thing is funny, but on here sometimes it doesnt translate well.

I am picturing 4 guys with yield shirts on asking ed to play release.
    And you saying go fucking home this is ed solo.

funny story about american idol that made my day.

Well not much on instruments huh, well that may have made fans angry, its tuff being a performer, you want 1 thing and the fans want another. Fucking Ed
    cmon ed Ive said this before.
    Do a whole solo act before your shows, like an hour set, also let stone and matt and mike do theie side projects, fuck the other bands he uses.

How cool would that be.
    We would all get our wish.

no more shows
  • Options
    I am picturing 4 guys with yield shirts on asking ed to play release.

I would have had absolutely no problem with that.
    Are you a screenwriter?
  • Options
    I respect everything you wrote except the iddiot part.

as far as i know i've not called anyone an idiot...ed called idol viewers idiots, which i agree (and before someone jumps down my throat for that, i'm joking, ed was joking - maybe ;) )
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,394
    When I read all this stuff that seemed to be going on, I think it's pretty amazing that Ed can concentrate so well on what he's doing. The noise and rudeness of the yelling must be distracting!
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    justam wrote:
    When I read all this stuff that seemed to be going on, I think it's pretty amazing that Ed can concentrate so well on what he's doing. The noise and rudeness of the yelling must be distracting!

oh he's had to stop a song or a thought several times....but he does it all with a smile on his face :)
  • Options
    justam wrote:

He did screw up a couple of times and implied it was the audiences' fault. He indicated that some of these songs aren't easy to play, especially on the uke or mandolin, which is why he preferred some quiet during the actual songs. He had no problem with people yelling and screaming in between, but when he starts to play it's clear he wanted everyone to simmer down.
    Are you a screenwriter?
  • Options
    cutback wrote:
    as far as i know i've not called anyone an idiot...ed called idol viewers idiots, which i agree (and before someone jumps down my throat for that, i'm joking, ed was joking - maybe ;) )
    no I am sorry i was quoting evilrabbit.

no more shows
  • Options
    florence151florence151 Posts: 597
    NJ PJ shows seem to draw the craziest fans.
    Last Camden show I was at (7/5/03) a sad thing happened. As we took our seats I noticed that the dude sitting next to me was either sleeping or passed out. I nudged him and realized that he was passed out. Called security and they got EMS to take him away. He was wasted to the point of nearly killing himself. He missed a wonderful performance and must have had a very bad hangover for a day or two.
    Hold On
  • Options
    DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    Last Camden show I was at (7/5/03) a sad thing happened. As we took our seats I noticed that the dude sitting next to me was either sleeping or passed out. I nudged him and realized that he was passed out. Called security and they got EMS to take him away. He was wasted to the point of nearly killing himself. He missed a wonderful performance and must have had a very bad hangover for a day or two.

That was me!!! I was merely taking a nap!!! I didn't have anything to drink that night!!! Thanks a lot!! :D
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options

Sad!!!
    This is the new protocall for ten club members, seriously I cant believe they threw 1 of our own out. The fucking nerve!
    Stay in your seat, do not move or say anything, this dude prob had a number in the low 100's. Security must not have gotten that memo that night, prob becasue the convicts Ed had back stage were making people nervous, so security was more worried about those skeevy looking dudes, instead of the stuffy fan club members.

no more shows
  • Options
    I literally had an SNL sketch sitting in front of me last night. It was the group of guys you PRAY you don't sit behind at a show. Showed up 2 songs in already wasted, yelling the stupidest shit and dancing like they had epilepsy without any hint of rythym. I swear to god I never thought I'd actually miss the guy who yells "JEREMY" in my ear every 5 seconds. I alerted security, but when they got there they stopped. When security went away they turned their stupidity towards me. I was by myself and none of the clearly annoyed people around me would get my back. I didn't want to fight four drunk assholes by myself.

unhappy and unable to find another seat, I left.

It occurs to me now that the two or three bad experiences I have have have been non 10c seats.

never ever again.

I had an experience in non-ten club seats in mansfield in 03 that was similar. after spending most of the show letting these girls go in and out of our row, these guys behind us poured beer on us (purposely, they didn't spill) and when we turned around they literally tried to fight us (for no reason at all). and um, by us I mean 2 girls and a guy. we literally did NOTHING to them. then I went to my car alone, a bunch of guys literally tried to either assault me or destroy my car or both. it was a horrible experience for a PJ show.
  • Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    or pearljamaholic he was out for a while night1
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    I had an experience in non-ten club seats in mansfield in 03 that was similar. after spending most of the show letting these girls go in and out of our row, these guys behind us poured beer on us (purposely, they didn't spill) and when we turned around they literally tried to fight us (for no reason at all). and um, by us I mean 2 girls and a guy. we literally did NOTHING to them. then I went to my car alone, a bunch of guys literally tried to either assault me or destroy my car or both. it was a horrible experience for a PJ show.

Was it the same people?
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive