Options

LA2, my last show EVER without 10c tix.

edited April 2008 in The Porch
I literally had an SNL sketch sitting in front of me last night. It was the group of guys you PRAY you don't sit behind at a show. Showed up 2 songs in already wasted, yelling the stupidest shit and dancing like they had epilepsy without any hint of rythym. I swear to god I never thought I'd actually miss the guy who yells "JEREMY" in my ear every 5 seconds. I alerted security, but when they got there they stopped. When security went away they turned their stupidity towards me. I was by myself and none of the clearly annoyed people around me would get my back. I didn't want to fight four drunk assholes by myself.

unhappy and unable to find another seat, I left.

It occurs to me now that the two or three bad experiences I have have have been non 10c seats.

never ever again.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,557
    That sucks. Sorry to hear about your terrible experience.

I personally would NEVER leave during an Ed or PJ show unless my life was in danger, but I understand how much it can take away from a show to be sitting around a bunch of assholes.

My girlfriend and I were actually talking about something similar when we were sitting up in the Mezzanine within airshot of a couple loudmouths on Saturday (night 1). We were wondering how these people -- who MUST be pretty big fans if they were willing to play the ticketmaster game and were able to get through for tickets in the 5 seconds before they sold out -- could possibly act the way they do, as if they have no respect for the performer or the audience.

Just doesn't strike me as a typical PJ fan, but then again, there are always a few rotten apples in every crate.
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,314
    wtf is it with assholes were do they come from i mean it's vedder solo him and a guitar what do people expect ,i feel bad you had to leave i would of probably got into a fight why shout out bullshit request i allways have all the confidence in the world with vedder knowing what songs to play ,people are just clueless .........
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    la1 when i got to my seats there were a couple drunk twats sitting behind me....when laim came out they started yeling "ed" :rolleyes: fortunately they moved :) unfortunately they moved next to JOEJOEJOE :(

what posses someone to get that drunk at a show? go to a bar or better yet stay home....no one likes you or wants to be around you
  • Options
    Directly to my right there were 2 couples 'making out' in the aisle. Where is the Fire Marshall when you need one? 'Security' did nothing. They were left to stand there - to paw\tongue\grope\nearly hump directly in front of the exit door! Safety last. I wish I could have yelled "get a room" but I'm sure it wouldn't matter one damn bit of difference.
    Everyone is born, but not everyone is born the same. Some will grow to be butchers, or bakers, or candlestick makers. Some will only be really good at making Jell-O salad. One way or another, though, every human being is unique, for better or for worse.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,251
    I literally had an SNL sketch sitting in front of me last night. It was the group of guys you PRAY you don't sit behind at a show. Showed up 2 songs in already wasted, yelling the stupidest shit and dancing like they had epilepsy without any hint of rythym.
    Boom and Dave A. just aren't very good dancers...no reason to call security on them though.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Thanks for the love guys

SB was about as perfect as a show gets. LA1 was great. so no matter how bad it got last night, It could not have ruined those nights.

see you at mansfield everyone!
  • Options
    meisteredermeistereder Posts: 1,555
    Wow, sorry to hear this.

Overall, LA1 was great, but there was one jerkoff who kept yelling Footsteps!

I was amazed though, at how many people kept going by me, back and forth, over and over, with full glasses of $14 beer... during the show. I don't get it. I mean, I love beer like the next guy, but I had a few drinks before the show, emptied my bladder and was all set for Eddie to come out. There is no point in leaving the show to get a beer, in my opinion. I guess I don't understand.
    San Diego 10/25/00, Mountain View 6/1/03, Santa Barbara 10/28/03, Northwest School 3/18/05, San Diego 7/7/06, Los Angeles 7/9/06, 7/10/06, Honolulu (U2) 12/9/06, Santa Barbara (EV) 4/10/08, Los Angeles (EV) 4/12/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield 6/28/08, VH1 Rock Honors The Who 7/12/08, Seattle 9/21/09, Universal City 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, San Diego 10/9/09, Los Angeles (EV) 7/8/11, Santa Barbara (EV) 7/9/11, Chicago 7/19/13, San Diego 11/21/13, Los Angeles 11/23/13, 11/24/13, Oakland 11/26/13, Chicago 8/22/16, Missoula 8/13/18, Boston 9/2/18, Los Angeles 2/25/22 (EV), San Diego 5/3/22, Los Angeles 5/6/22, 5/7/22, Imola 6/25/22, [Los Angeles 5/21/24], [London 6/29/24], [Boston 9/15/24]
  • Options
    I was amazed though, at how many people kept going by me, back and forth, over and over, with full glasses of $14 beer... during the show. I don't get it. I mean, I love beer like the next guy, but I had a few drinks before the show, emptied my bladder and was all set for Eddie to come out. There is no point in leaving the show to get a beer, in my opinion. I guess I don't understand.
    I don't get it either. At the Santa Barbara show it was an awful distraction. Some people got stupid drunk and kept weaving up-and-down the aisles.
    Everyone is born, but not everyone is born the same. Some will grow to be butchers, or bakers, or candlestick makers. Some will only be really good at making Jell-O salad. One way or another, though, every human being is unique, for better or for worse.
  • Options
    hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,930
    Directly to my right there were 2 couples 'making out' in the aisle. Where is the Fire Marshall when you need one? 'Security' did nothing. They were left to stand there - to paw\tongue\grope\nearly hump directly in front of the exit door! Safety last. I wish I could have yelled "get a room" but I'm sure it wouldn't matter one damn bit of difference.

Disgusting an inappropriate? Hell yes. Grounds for dismissal and ejection? Nah.
  • Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    Disgusting an inappropriate? Hell yes. Grounds for dismissal and ejection? Nah.

Sounds like it was almost a case of premature ejection anyway.
  • Options
    thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    reading that reminded me of Lollapalooza where there was a bunch of like 5 PJ fans together enjoying the show except for the guys trying to mosh right in front of us. They were knocking everyone over, it got really really annoying. That all changed when like 3 security guards- including one that was about 7 foot 300 pounds- jumped over the rail, tackled some dude and drug him out almost in tears. Something tells me that wouldn't fly though in a small solo show..
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    thunderDAN wrote:
    reading that reminded me of Lollapalooza where there was a bunch of like 5 PJ fans together enjoying the show except for the guys trying to mosh right in front of us. They were knocking everyone over, it got really really annoying. That all changed when like 3 security guards- including one that was about 7 foot 300 pounds- jumped over the rail, tackled some dude and drug him out almost in tears. Something tells me that wouldn't fly though in a small solo show..

well that kinda happened in santa barbara....ed asked someone backstage for a cigarette and somebody from the audience goes to the stage to give him one i guess and this huge security guy just plows into the guy.....it was great :)
  • Options
    chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    Yes a 10C member would never do any of those things at a show..... :rolleyes:
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • Options
    So the drunken fans in the lawn. The guys yelling jeremy. The support acts. The people who come up on stage like Ben Harper. The ticketing policy. The set lists. what are you guys happy with?
    I have been drunk or buzzed at every show ive been at and managed to have a good time no matter where i sat including many front rows. And when Ive been furthur back.

I personaly will spend my time before shows as always drinking beer in the parking lot with guys in tee shirts with their hats on backwards. That dont even know Ed put out a solo album. The lawn people that you stuck up snobs seem to hate are the best thing going at any of these shows. Instead of a group of pompous asses with a sense of entitlement. Who have the audacity to hold up a breath sign by 1000 people. Give me bubba on the lawn with a beer and enjoying jeremy.

You sit in row 1 and give your all for the show. Then afterwards all the freaks come running up. asking security to give them a piece of trash. I have 3 picks. 2 edward placed in my hand. 1 Mike threw to me. I dont dive to the ground to fight for them. Have some self respect people. A used towel or water bottle?? What does that mean to you? Me I am happy to have been there and blessed to have heard even flow. like the asshole on the lawn. I am happy to be there regardless. Alot of you need to realize there is no entitlement with your 10 club membership and your knowledge of B sides. There is a reason they are B sides they didnt make the albums. Although I do love footsteps, ledbetter and especialy Down. I hope I get down this tour.
  • Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    So the drunken fans in the lawn. The guys yelling jeremy. The support acts. The people who come up on stage like Ben Harper. The ticketing policy. The set lists. what are you guys happy with?
    I have been drunk or buzzed at every show ive been at and managed to have a good time no matter where i sat including many front rows. And when Ive been furthur back.

I personaly will spend my time before shows as always drinking beer in the parking lot with guys in tee shirts with their hats on backwards. That dont even know Ed put out a solo album. The lawn people that you stuck up snobs seem to hate are the best thing going at any of these shows. Instead of a group of pompous asses with a sense of entitlement. Who have the audacity to hold up a breath sign by 1000 people. Give me bubba on the lawn with a beer and enjoying jeremy.

You sit in row 1 and give your all for the show. Then afterwards all the freaks come running up. asking security to give them a piece of trash. I have 3 picks. 2 edward placed in my hand. 1 Mike threw to me. I dont dive to the ground to fight for them. Have some self respect people. A used towel or water bottle?? What does that mean to you? Me I am happy to have been there and blessed to have heard even flow. like the asshole on the lawn. I am happy to be there regardless. Alot of you need to realize there is no entitlement with your 10 club membership and your knowledge of B sides. There is a reason they are B sides they didnt make the albums. Although I do love footsteps, ledbetter and especialy Down. I hope I get down this tour.
    I get tickets via fan club or i dont attend. The end. I seem to remember someone saying this in another thread
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    j3trowkillj3trowkill Posts: 103
    And there was this guy kept yelling "society" everytime ed will go to the next song, I guess not everytime, but maybe 15 fucking times! I was sitting next to the soundboard and I can actually hear the tech guy saying shut the F up!

I'm sorry about you leaving the show.

The show was good and became great after ed sang society so the guy screaming society can shut uP!
    "I had a false belief
    I thought I came here to stay
    We're all just visiting
    All just breaking like waves.."

07/09/06
    07/10/06
    07/15/06
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,501
    I literally had an SNL sketch sitting in front of me last night. It was the group of guys you PRAY you don't sit behind at a show. Showed up 2 songs in already wasted, yelling the stupidest shit and dancing like they had epilepsy without any hint of rythym. I swear to god I never thought I'd actually miss the guy who yells "JEREMY" in my ear every 5 seconds. I alerted security, but when they got there they stopped. When security went away they turned their stupidity towards me. I was by myself and none of the clearly annoyed people around me would get my back. I didn't want to fight four drunk assholes by myself.

unhappy and unable to find another seat, I left.

It occurs to me now that the two or three bad experiences I have have have been non 10c seats.

never ever again.

That really sucks! Obnoxious fans were my biggest fear but I was sooooooooo pleasantly surprised at LA1. I couldn't get 10c tickets and was "with the masses" in the Loge. The people around me were the epitome of cool. The girl next to me kept opening her phone to get light to add to her setlist but it was no problem at all (to me). The bigger problem was security shining a brighter light to point out her misbehavior :p. I had a fantastic night and was so relieved to not be around any "shit." The guy yelling "Footsteps" actually struck me as kind of funny but, then again, he was a couple of sections away. Sorry for your experience :(.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    wtf is it with assholes were do they come from i mean it's vedder solo him and a guitar what do people expect ,i feel bad you had to leave i would of probably got into a fight why shout out bullshit request i allways have all the confidence in the world with vedder knowing what songs to play ,people are just clueless .........

Exactly! Ed actually said that "state of love and trust" is a more of a band song. Some people just have no idea what to request. hehehe!!!
    "I had a false belief
    We're all just visiting

07/09/06
    07/10/06
    07/15/06
  • Options

I don't think people necessarily have a problem with casual fans; it's more a problem as to how some people act at a concert. I was a casual fan once during my first ever PJ show in 2000. I also drink at shows, but I think the problem people feel-atleast me- is that it's annoying when people around you are yelling out the whole show. I didn't have 10c tix at a show in 2006, and a guy behind me kept yelling "Play Even Flow" It was so fucking annoying because even if he had a megaphone, he was so far from the stage nobody could ever hear him. We were about 100 yards from the stage with thousands of screaming fans in front of us and this guy thought they might take his request. That is annoying.
  • Options
    I actually anticipated what are idots going to scream before ed goes to the next song rather than wondering what ed is going to play next.
    "I had a false belief
    We're all just visiting

07/09/06
    07/10/06
    07/15/06
  • Options
    cutback wrote:
    well that kinda happened in santa barbara....ed asked someone backstage for a cigarette and somebody from the audience goes to the stage to give him one i guess and this huge security guy just plows into the guy.....it was great :)

not to change the subject but during an Oasis concert here in Cleveland in 2005 at the end of the show about 20 people just started to jump the security fence, walk on stage and shake Noel and Liam's hands. It was the strangest thing. It was during 'My Generation' and Noel brought a girl up on stage, then after people just started walking on. Security didn't know what to do because they would just walk up, shake their hands (while they were playing/singing) and go back to their seats. Surprisingly the brothers took it very well. The bootleg is funny though because they only sing half of my generation because of this
  • Options
    EvilRabbitEvilRabbit Posts: 286
    SB was a great night. Row 4.

LA #2 kinda sucked. My 10c seats were right at the back of the second floor section, about 12-15 rows back from the stage. On one side, I had two drunk dudes headbanging and falling off their chairs during the faster songs and talking throughout the slower ones. On the other side, two idiot girls dressed to get laid texting and yapping throughout. Really hard to believe this was a 10c section...

I was embarrassed for the crowd as it seemed to perpetuate Ed's perception that LA audiences suck.

And what is it with people yelling out requests? Ed's not an organ monkey who is there to do whatever the crowd wants. He picks the songs, you shut the fuck up, listen, and say thank you...
    Are you a screenwriter?
    www.screenplaymechanic.com
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,501
    I get tickets via fan club or i dont attend. The end. I seem to remember someone saying this in another thread

I'm not sure it's a "10c or not 10c" issue. It could be. Like I said, I lucked out and was "with the masses (upstairs)." Everyone around me was very cool.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    imalive wrote:
    I'm not sure it's a "10c or not 10c" issue. It could be. Like I said, I lucked out and was "with the masses (upstairs)." Everyone around me was very cool.
    I didn't say that andrew the legend did in another thread. i just found it funny he wrote that in another thread and then says he loves being on the lawn.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    ???
    Id not attend a show without ten club tickets.
    Ive never been on the lawn EVER.
    How dare you sir! As if i am like common trash. I mean I am the legend here.
  • Options
    Poncier wrote:
    Boom and Dave A. just aren't very good dancers...no reason to call security on them though.
    yes I heard there was an appearance from cliff poncier too.
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,444
    cutback wrote:
    la1 when i got to my seats there were a couple drunk twats sitting behind me....when laim came out they started yeling "ed" :rolleyes: fortunately they moved :) unfortunately they moved next to JOEJOEJOE :(

what posses someone to get that drunk at a show? go to a bar or better yet stay home....no one likes you or wants to be around you

Those guys seemed to be 10C members (the 2 bad apples in the bunch) who were able to scrounge-up enough dough to fly to L.A. The minute I saw that one of the fellas wore his pants way below his waist, I knew there'd be trouble a-brewin' !

Instead of getting them ejected, we got moved to first row behind the pit.

Not to sound too cruel, but hopefully they got brave after the show, and mouthed off to a gang member who learned them some manners!
    :)
  • Options
    Wow, sorry to hear this.

Overall, LA1 was great, but there was one jerkoff who kept yelling Footsteps!

no you dont get it, the point is who cares what other people do.really watch the show, not what protocall other fans are keeping.

As for the threadstarter that sucks, dont know if I would have left, just stand in the back. Did you ask security to change your seat?

no more shows
  • Options
    I don't get it either. At the Santa Barbara show it was an awful distraction. Some people got stupid drunk and kept weaving up-and-down the aisles.
    stupid drunk sucks, but that doesnt mean the ones who can handle themselves cant drink at a show.
    How drunk is ed getting?

no more shows
  • Options
    meisteredermeistereder Posts: 1,555
    no you dont get it, the point is who cares what other people do.really watch the show, not what protocall other fans are keeping.

As for the threadstarter that sucks, dont know if I would have left, just stand in the back. Did you ask security to change your seat?

I care because everyone is walking back and forth, over and over, to fill up beer, to go to the pisser, to get another beer, to go piss again, etc. Maybe I wan't clear.

Look, I don't think I have trouble with concentration, but when people keep walking in front of you and blocking the stage to get beer after beer, it can get distracting. That's all.
    San Diego 10/25/00, Mountain View 6/1/03, Santa Barbara 10/28/03, Northwest School 3/18/05, San Diego 7/7/06, Los Angeles 7/9/06, 7/10/06, Honolulu (U2) 12/9/06, Santa Barbara (EV) 4/10/08, Los Angeles (EV) 4/12/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield 6/28/08, VH1 Rock Honors The Who 7/12/08, Seattle 9/21/09, Universal City 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, San Diego 10/9/09, Los Angeles (EV) 7/8/11, Santa Barbara (EV) 7/9/11, Chicago 7/19/13, San Diego 11/21/13, Los Angeles 11/23/13, 11/24/13, Oakland 11/26/13, Chicago 8/22/16, Missoula 8/13/18, Boston 9/2/18, Los Angeles 2/25/22 (EV), San Diego 5/3/22, Los Angeles 5/6/22, 5/7/22, Imola 6/25/22, [Los Angeles 5/21/24], [London 6/29/24], [Boston 9/15/24]