Options

LA2, my last show EVER without 10c tix.

Comments

• Options
    So the drunken fans in the lawn. The guys yelling jeremy. The support acts. The people who come up on stage like Ben Harper. The ticketing policy. The set lists. what are you guys happy with?
    I have been drunk or buzzed at every show ive been at and managed to have a good time no matter where i sat including many front rows. And when Ive been furthur back.

I personaly will spend my time before shows as always drinking beer in the parking lot with guys in tee shirts with their hats on backwards. That dont even know Ed put out a solo album. The lawn people that you stuck up snobs seem to hate are the best thing going at any of these shows. Instead of a group of pompous asses with a sense of entitlement. Who have the audacity to hold up a breath sign by 1000 people. Give me bubba on the lawn with a beer and enjoying jeremy.

You sit in row 1 and give your all for the show. Then afterwards all the freaks come running up. asking security to give them a piece of trash. I have 3 picks. 2 edward placed in my hand. 1 Mike threw to me. I dont dive to the ground to fight for them. Have some self respect people. A used towel or water bottle?? What does that mean to you? Me I am happy to have been there and blessed to have heard even flow. like the asshole on the lawn. I am happy to be there regardless. Alot of you need to realize there is no entitlement with your 10 club membership and your knowledge of B sides. There is a reason they are B sides they didnt make the albums. Although I do love footsteps, ledbetter and especialy Down. I hope I get down this tour.

I hate to do this, but I have to, I always support what I believe in.
    I agree with everyhting here, except the water bottle comment, if somone wants to keep it its their choice.
    Someoen quoted as saying they only use ten club tickets or they dont go.
    I mean cmon do you really believe that, that is just so stuck up.
    Do you go to other shows of other bands.
    I meaa its your choice bro, but you would miss a pj show?
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • Options
    j3trowkill wrote:
    I actually anticipated what are idots going to scream before ed goes to the next song rather than wondering what ed is going to play next.

get over it, enjoy these shows.

no more shows
  • Options
    hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,930
    Unfortunately they paid the same amount as you for the ticket. There are no rules that say they can't get up for beer or to piss. I would be here bitching like many of you are if this stuff happened to me but alot of you are coming across as really pretentious. You can't tell people how to act at concerts. Different people go to concerts for different reasons. Some want to go get wasted. Some want to go makeout (nasty). Some want to shout out song requests. Since there are no rules at concerts (other than no taping or pictures for this tour) you really can't do anything about it other than not go.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,444
    People should be free to drink, ask for setlists, only know "jeremy", or do whatever they please, as long as their actions don't impose on others.
  • Options
    EvilRabbit wrote:
    SB was a great night. Row 4.

LA #2 kinda sucked. My 10c seats were right at the back of the second floor section, about 12-15 rows back from the stage. On one side, I had two drunk dudes headbanging and falling off their chairs during the faster songs and talking throughout the slower ones. On the other side, two idiot girls dressed to get laid texting and yapping throughout. Really hard to believe this was a 10c section...

I was embarrassed for the crowd as it seemed to perpetuate Ed's perception that LA audiences suck.

And what is it with people yelling out requests? Ed's not an organ monkey who is there to do whatever the crowd wants. He picks the songs, you shut the fuck up, listen, and say thank you...

I think you forget where Ed came from, crowd surfer, loud yeller, always partying, he acted like this on the avocado tour, he almost broke his ankle in nj
    well he hasnt crowd surfed in a while, but he understands, if he doestn that just crazy.

no more shows
  • Options
    hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,930
    So the drunken fans in the lawn. The guys yelling jeremy. The support acts. The people who come up on stage like Ben Harper. The ticketing policy. The set lists. what are you guys happy with?
    I have been drunk or buzzed at every show ive been at and managed to have a good time no matter where i sat including many front rows. And when Ive been furthur back.

I personaly will spend my time before shows as always drinking beer in the parking lot with guys in tee shirts with their hats on backwards. That dont even know Ed put out a solo album. The lawn people that you stuck up snobs seem to hate are the best thing going at any of these shows. Instead of a group of pompous asses with a sense of entitlement. Who have the audacity to hold up a breath sign by 1000 people. Give me bubba on the lawn with a beer and enjoying jeremy.

You sit in row 1 and give your all for the show. Then afterwards all the freaks come running up. asking security to give them a piece of trash. I have 3 picks. 2 edward placed in my hand. 1 Mike threw to me. I dont dive to the ground to fight for them. Have some self respect people. A used towel or water bottle?? What does that mean to you? Me I am happy to have been there and blessed to have heard even flow. like the asshole on the lawn. I am happy to be there regardless. Alot of you need to realize there is no entitlement with your 10 club membership and your knowledge of B sides. There is a reason they are B sides they didnt make the albums. Although I do love footsteps, ledbetter and especialy Down. I hope I get down this tour.

This is the most sensible post in this thread
  • Options
    I didn't say that andrew the legend did in another thread. i just found it funny he wrote that in another thread and then says he loves being on the lawn.
    ohh im sorry honestly, when i saw you were form bucks county I was like hmm
    no other shows but ten club???

cool

no more shows
  • Options
    jeffer96jeffer96 Posts: 136
    I literally had an SNL sketch sitting in front of me last night. It was the group of guys you PRAY you don't sit behind at a show. Showed up 2 songs in already wasted, yelling the stupidest shit and dancing like they had epilepsy without any hint of rythym. I swear to god I never thought I'd actually miss the guy who yells "JEREMY" in my ear every 5 seconds. I alerted security, but when they got there they stopped. When security went away they turned their stupidity towards me. I was by myself and none of the clearly annoyed people around me would get my back. I didn't want to fight four drunk assholes by myself.

unhappy and unable to find another seat, I left.

It occurs to me now that the two or three bad experiences I have have have been non 10c seats.

never ever again.

That blows. I love a good drink as much as the next person, but I've never been able to figure out why anyone would pay good money for a show, then get piss drunk and remember none of it. Why not just sit at home on the couch, get piss drunk, and throw on some music?
  • Options
    I care because everyone is walking back and forth, over and over, to fill up beer, to go to the pisser, to get another beer, to go piss again, etc. Maybe I wan't clear.

Look, I don't think I have trouble with concentration, but when people keep walking in front of you and blocking the stage to get beer after beer, it can get distracting. That's all.
    more than 4 times a show would get annoying, maybee five, after that they should hang out in the back

no more shows
  • Options
    No I have been many times with non fan club and guess what I had a blast.
    Columbus and Cinncinnati 2000. pittsburgh too. More than i can remember.

Oh yea VA beach 2000 I didnt have fan clubs. Just listened to that show on saturday night. Anyone whom was in attendence and doesnt get choked up for long road and Daughter is lieing.

Aug 3 2000 va beach was a spiritual moment. I had waited in line at a ukrops in richmond va way back in the day and got rickets in right when they went on sale. the times they have changed.

I had a friend wth a 14XXX fan club thats how i got so many front rows. She is no longer in the mix so I am using my own 188XXX this tour. Looking forward to others getting front row. I also can relax furthur back. I always felt some pressure being up front. Some shows like the spectrum you would literaly feel like you just went 15 rounds with Eddie. And the way I am id be ff on the road to the next nights show. Just got to be alot so I skipped 2006 and 2007. But i am back now.
  • Options
    meisteredermeistereder Posts: 1,555
    I don't think anyone is saying that drinking and pissing is against the law. It's not about drinking vs. not drinking. We all have different experiences at shows, and some people had annoying fucks around them, others didn't.

I can only speak for myself, and that is that I had three beers at the pre-party, went to dinner and two glasses of wine, got to the Wiltern, pissed, got a poster, sat down, and watched the show. I don't expect anyone else to be like me, but I can have an opinion about it being a little dumb for people to miss a lot of the show going back and forth and buying crap beer that was in all honesty either $12 or $14 a cup. So my opinion is that is a little stupid. We all have our opinions.
    San Diego 10/25/00, Mountain View 6/1/03, Santa Barbara 10/28/03, Northwest School 3/18/05, San Diego 7/7/06, Los Angeles 7/9/06, 7/10/06, Honolulu (U2) 12/9/06, Santa Barbara (EV) 4/10/08, Los Angeles (EV) 4/12/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield 6/28/08, VH1 Rock Honors The Who 7/12/08, Seattle 9/21/09, Universal City 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, San Diego 10/9/09, Los Angeles (EV) 7/8/11, Santa Barbara (EV) 7/9/11, Chicago 7/19/13, San Diego 11/21/13, Los Angeles 11/23/13, 11/24/13, Oakland 11/26/13, Chicago 8/22/16, Missoula 8/13/18, Boston 9/2/18, Los Angeles 2/25/22 (EV), San Diego 5/3/22, Los Angeles 5/6/22, 5/7/22, Imola 6/25/22, [Los Angeles 5/21/24], [London 6/29/24], [Boston 9/15/24]
  • Options
    I was asked if i goto shows of other bands. Prior to 2000 I had seen them all. You name it I had been there. A funny thing happened I learned that when I went to see the peppers or Dave Mathews I would be standing there and think to myself. Holy shit what if eddie and mike just came out now. After being up clsoe for PJ so many times it seemed pointless to me to goto other shows. So i have stopped.
    Of all the openers ive seen for PJ only sleater Kinney was so good as pearl jam to just blow my head off. I wish they were still a band.
  • Options
    augustwestaugustwest Posts: 739
    jeffer96 wrote:
    That blows. I love a good drink as much as the next person, but I've never been able to figure out why anyone would pay good money for a show, then get piss drunk and remember none of it. Why not just sit at home on the couch, get piss drunk, and throw on some music?

some dance to remember

some dance to forget

who's to say who dances for what?
  • Options
    jeffer96 wrote:

heres what i do

we by beer before the show, maybe even 8, go back 1 time buy 4, 6 more.
    we keep them under our seat and drink them warm, who cares, now usually its 4 of us 3 drinking, i only get up and piss when their is a mood switch in the show, i take the easiest route to the pisser, if i start to have bladder control, which maybee 2 times ever i stay in the back and tell myself i am an iddiot for drinking too much
    i will only get up 3 times over 2.5 hours, unless i have end seats
    i am a drunk at shows, but a loving one, i would never interfear with someoen, but i do chat the shows up with my people, veruy quietly, and i do cheer loudly in the very beggining and the end.
    now pj concerts are loud, aint anyone hearing my ass.

no more shows
  • Options
    I don't think anyone is saying that drinking and pissing is against the law. It's not about drinking vs. not drinking. We all have different experiences at shows, and some people had annoying fucks around them, others didn't.

I can only speak for myself, and that is that I had three beers at the pre-party, went to dinner and two glasses of wine, got to the Wiltern, pissed, got a poster, sat down, and watched the show. I don't expect anyone else to be like me, but I can have an opinion about it being a little dumb for people to miss a lot of the show going back and forth and buying crap beer that was in all honesty either $12 or $14 a cup. So my opinion is that is a little stupid. We all have our opinions.

its not stupid, some peopel drink at shows, Ed does, he drinks during them and forgets lyrics, does that make him stupid hell no.
    It means that some people know what they like and choose to do it, without worrying what people like you think.
    why pass judgement.

no more shows
  • Options
    joebotjoebot Posts: 372
    I can see both sides of this issue. Annoying drunk, jock, bandwagoners can be the worst. Elitist fans who expect everyone to be silent during a slow song or act like their above the people sitting next to them because their in a fan club and those others are not is bad to.
    Finally, I have to say it is up to you how much you let this shit influence your experience at these concerts. I am surpised that these goons you experienced were even interested in seeing Eddie Vedder do a solo show .
  • Options
    EvilRabbitEvilRabbit Posts: 286
    joebot wrote:
    I am surpised that these goons you experienced were even interested in seeing Eddie Vedder do a solo show .

You hit the nail on the head. These were Pearl Jam fans, NOT Eddie Vedder fans. There is a difference. Some of us are both but the obnoxious idiots near me were clearly waiting to hear Porch or Last Kiss and could not give two shits about hearing You're True on the uke.
    Are you a screenwriter?
    www.screenplaymechanic.com
  • Options
    DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    augustwest wrote:
    some dance to remember

some dance to forget

who's to say who dances for what?

Man the Eagles stink.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options
    its not stupid, some peopel drink at shows, Ed does, he drinks during them and forgets lyrics, does that make him stupid hell no.
    It means that some people know what they like and choose to do it, without worrying what people like you think.
    why pass judgement.

People like me? :) I'd venture to guess that if you met me in person, your opinion would change.

For the record, I never said that the people who spend their time going back and forth were stupid. The act of doing it is stupid, in my opinion. If Ed stopped playing halfway through a song and said "Hold on. I have to piss." I would say he had a problem at that point.

Hey, you are talking to someone who can appreciate alcoholic beverages. As I said, I drank before the show. I have no problem with people drinking. And by the way, I did not let it affect my experience too much. I just said it was a little distracting. I am not a hater. Peace!
    San Diego 10/25/00, Mountain View 6/1/03, Santa Barbara 10/28/03, Northwest School 3/18/05, San Diego 7/7/06, Los Angeles 7/9/06, 7/10/06, Honolulu (U2) 12/9/06, Santa Barbara (EV) 4/10/08, Los Angeles (EV) 4/12/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield 6/28/08, VH1 Rock Honors The Who 7/12/08, Seattle 9/21/09, Universal City 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, San Diego 10/9/09, Los Angeles (EV) 7/8/11, Santa Barbara (EV) 7/9/11, Chicago 7/19/13, San Diego 11/21/13, Los Angeles 11/23/13, 11/24/13, Oakland 11/26/13, Chicago 8/22/16, Missoula 8/13/18, Boston 9/2/18, Los Angeles 2/25/22 (EV), San Diego 5/3/22, Los Angeles 5/6/22, 5/7/22, Imola 6/25/22, [Los Angeles 5/21/24], [London 6/29/24], [Boston 9/15/24]
  • Options
    EvilRabbit wrote:
    You hit the nail on the head. These were Pearl Jam fans, NOT Eddie Vedder fans. There is a difference. Some of us are both but the obnoxious idiots near me were clearly waiting to hear Porch or Last Kiss and could not give two shits about hearing You're True on the uke.

I don't think it really matters if they are eddie and/or pj fans.....as long as they act cool to those around them!
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    I don't think it really matters if they are eddie and/or pj fans.....as long as they act cool to those around them!

Word. It's a social contract.
  • Options
    Word. It's a social contract.

Well said!
  • Options
    EvilRabbit wrote:

Some of us are both???? this may be the ruddest reply I have ever read on here. sorry.

And fans can be labeled iddiot becasue they want to hear songs the lead singer wrote, or performed. Gee I thought when Ed braught all the convicts out in Camden 06 and let them play instruments, on last kiss was a waste. I didnt like it but had enough respect mutually for Ed to just deal with it. Would never pass judgement on someoen I valued just becasue I didnt see eye to eye with his other fans.

Honestly people if Ed was as tight assed as you are making him out to be,
    Why didnt he do shows where they were not selling alchohol??
    Its his choice. If he didnt want to give the impression he wanted absoluteley wanted nothing to do with pj why is he playing their material.
    Ill tell you why, becasue he doesnt give a fuck about the stuff that is being complained about.
    Now obviously what happens in special circumstances like the thread starter, sucks, but there were thousands at the show, and nobody ended up hurt, except peoples feelings.

no more shows
  • Options
    Flannel ShirtFlannel Shirt Posts: 1,021
    People like me? :) If Ed stopped playing halfway through a song and said "Hold on. I have to piss." I would say he had a problem at that point.
    Where do you think he goes during those 39 minute jams during Even Flow and Porch? :)

Dudes gotta wiz, and bad. Shit, try drinking a bottle of wine in half hours time and see what happens.

I am guilty of drinking before shows myself. To the point of drunken retardation, no, to the point of having a good buzz that makes me pee...yup. Its a trade off i am willing to make.

They should sell catheters at the merch booths that strap to your ankle. That would solve this problem.
    All that's sacred, comes from youth....dedications, naive and true.
  • Options
    People like me? :) I'd venture to guess that if you met me in person, your opinion would change.

For the record, I never said that the people who spend their time going back and forth were stupid. The act of doing it is stupid, in my opinion. If Ed stopped playing halfway through a song and said "Hold on. I have to piss." I would say he had a problem at that point.

Hey, you are talking to someone who can appreciate alcoholic beverages. As I said, I drank before the show. I have no problem with people drinking. And by the way, I did not let it affect my experience too much. I just said it was a little distracting. I am not a hater. Peace!
    Well did you read what i do, and hows your take on that approach.

If ed says hold on that motherfucker better be singing that song, not pissing.

Dude I dont know you just responding to your point.
    But ed has stopped and went to piss, take smoke breaks, during solos, and he fucks up the songs.
    I love it makes it unigue.

no more shows
  • Options
    Where do you think he goes during those 39 minute jams during Even Flow and Porch? :)

Dudes gotta wiz, and bad. Shit, try drinking a bottle of wine in half hours time and see what happens.

I am guilty of drinking before shows myself. To the point of drunken retardation, no, to the point of having a good buzz that makes me pee...yup. Its a trade off i am willing to make.

They should sell catheters at the merch booths that strap to your ankle. That would solve this problem.

I agree with all of this!
  • Options
    Well did you read what i do, and hows your take on that approach.

If ed says hold on that motherfucker better be singing that song, not pissing.

Dude I dont know you just responding to your point.
    But ed has stopped and went to piss, take smoke breaks, during solos, and he fucks up the songs.
    I love it makes it unigue.

In fairness, Ed could piss his pants up there and most of us wouldn't care.
  • Options
    FatalFatal Posts: 821
    no you dont get it, the point is who cares what other people do.really watch the show, not what protocall other fans are keeping.

As for the threadstarter that sucks, dont know if I would have left, just stand in the back. Did you ask security to change your seat?

Easier said than done...especially at an Ed show...Van night 2 there was a drunk a few seats from me and he almost got in a fight with the guy infront of him...he was acting totally obnoxious, camera out most of the night, calling friends on his phone and security did nothing. I managed to zone him out, but i felt for the people directly infront of him.
    Shows: Montreal 98, Barrie 98, Montreal 00, Montreal 03, Montreal 05, Ottawa 05, Toronto 06, Vancouver Night 1 08 (EV), Vancouver Night 2 08 (EV), MSG1 08, MSG2 08, Montreal Night 2 08 (EV), Toronto Night 1 08 (EV), Toronto 09, Hartford 11 (EV), Ottawa 11, Ottawa 16, Ottawa 22.

• Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,731
    I literally had an SNL sketch sitting in front of me last night. It was the group of guys you PRAY you don't sit behind at a show. Showed up 2 songs in already wasted, yelling the stupidest shit and dancing like they had epilepsy without any hint of rythym. I swear to god I never thought I'd actually miss the guy who yells "JEREMY" in my ear every 5 seconds. I alerted security, but when they got there they stopped. When security went away they turned their stupidity towards me. I was by myself and none of the clearly annoyed people around me would get my back. I didn't want to fight four drunk assholes by myself.

unhappy and unable to find another seat, I left.

It occurs to me now that the two or three bad experiences I have have have been non 10c seats.

never ever again.

wow that sucks a big one. I had a similar experience at my first show...Camden 2000. We were in the fanclub seats and about three songs in, some goofy, drunken, fratboy, tight-shirt wearing, jerkoff shows up in the seat in front of me WEARING A EIGHT FOOT WIDE SOMBRERO! it blocked the entire stage. I couldn't see a thing. I calmly asked him to take it off because I couldn't see (and I was sort of scared to do it because I was only 16 and this guy was mid-20's and drunk off his ass). he did....for about a minute....and then it was back on. "Dude!" I'm yelling. "I can't fucking see!" I tap him on the shoulder but he wasn't caring. My night was going to be completely ruined. my first PJ show and I can't see. I couldn't see ANYTHING for the first two and a half minutes of Grievance...........

but the final minute of Grievance apparently rocks a little too hard for our sombrero wearing friend. the fiery guitar riffs and Ed's screaming at the end caused him to lose his balance while dancing around.....trip over his friend's foot and SMASH his head of the ground. I emphasize SMASH because despite the thousands of fans and the band playing in full gear, you could HEAR his skull crash into the pavement (the sombrero apparently wasn't padded). he was dragged away by security covered in beer and blood. too bad for him...but it was PARTY TIME FOR ME! the rest of the show was, of course, completely awesome. the first of many great pearl jam experiences.

A little sidebar about that Camden show....and people falling down at it. later in the night, they played Whipping. about three rows in front of me and a little to the right, an extremely fat girl was rocking out. and I mean ROCKING IT. she was loving it and who could blame her? but during the last verse, she lost her footing and fell to her right....causing the entire row of people to go down like dominoes. women...children...everyone in row 15 bit the dust. Great show. Crazy Train/Number of the Beast tag on yellow ledbetter? oh yeah.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Fatal wrote:
    Easier said than done...especially at an Ed show...Van night 2 there was a drunk a few seats from me and he almost got in a fight with the guy infront of him...he was acting totally obnoxious, camera out most of the night, calling friends on his phone and security did nothing. I managed to zone him out, but i felt for the people directly infront of him.

well that is differant, than somone rolling their eyes at me for getting up 3 times over 3 hours.

Fuck obnoxious,

I would be very mad if somone went nuts the whole show.

Ed should have raised the price of the tickets, and not sold beer.

It would have made for a quiter evening, like benroya hall show.

no more shows