Options

Let us write a story sentence by sentence.

Comments

• Options
    OK, but let me first check if it is actually necessary, not that I don't enjoy a good roadtrip.
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    the incredulous look on davey's face was something gerard should have expected.

'what! wait wait. you stood there and gave some song and dance about taking the word of a fucking stranger and now you're gonna check if anna is actually home. but you wouldn't take my word? what the hell is that gerard?'
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Why do you think I am going back there Davey? Might it be because you suggested it?
  • Options
    davey put down the camera he was holding. with the mood he was in, it wouldn't be beyond him to throw it in frustration.

'well shit gerard. i don't know. you didn't seem all that keen when i first mentioned it.'
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Well stop acting like an asshole and maybe you'll get a different responce next time. I'll be of now I don't think I can handle more of your loveliness of today. Goodbye.
  • Options
    NossieNossie Adelaide, Australia Posts: 1,039
    Well stop acting like an asshole and maybe you'll get a different responce next time. I'll be of now I don't think I can handle more of your loveliness of today. Goodbye.

And with that, she rode off into the sunset... not turning around to see if he was still looking...
    When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do...

Pearl Jam - Adelaide: 1995, 1998, 2003, 2006, 2009, 2014
    Eddie Vedder Solo - Adelaide: 27th & 28th March 2011, Melbourne 16th 2014
  • Options

'just wait gerard.'

davey sighed.

'you know, i thought breaking up with anna would alleviate this bullshit. but it hasn't. everytime something goes wrong, you all come to me as if i have the answers. and i don't. i'm trying my hardest to get over her and it's just not working.'
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    I know Davey, it wasn't fair to come to you. I wouldn't have done so, had it not been for the adress that I thought I needed. Sorry.
  • Options
    'well why don't we go find arlo and see what the hell has happened between them that has caused this apparent disappearance? if in fact that's the case. hopefully we're all freaking out for no reason and she'll be with him.'
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Let me go to her place first. And you might do better not going with me. Like you said you need to get along with things.
  • Options
    davey smiled.

'nice try gerard. i'm going with you.'
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Are you sure?
  • Options
    'when it comes to anna i'm never sure of anything gerard.'
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Than don't come you have no reason to do so, except the atraction that the past has. You want to move on. Let me go, it is probable nothing anyway. If you want I'll even go to Arlo.
  • Options
    davey picked his keys up.

'i can talk with arlo. i was doing it before he got together with anna and i 've done it since. let's just find out what the crazy bitch has done so it can be dealt with.'

davey smiled so gerard would know the bitch comment was more flippant than anything else.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    OK have it your way if you must insist. Come on.
  • Options
    as freya sat in the kitchen sipping her tea, she could hear vincent snoring. she knew he'd be lying on his back, one hand thrown above his head, the other resting just inside the waist of his boxer shorts. she'd forgotten how aggravating his snoring could be. and what the hell was she doing back with him anyway? God, she must be mad. would there be anywhere she could go that he wouldn't find her? was it too much to hope that he'd be thrown in jail for his attack on anna? she hated asking people for help, but now she needed it more than ever. freya thought that she could ask her father. she laughed. hte man was a drunk. had always been a drunk. what made her think that eh could help her. besides she didn't want to drag anyone else into this little drama. it was enough her husband was a predator and that his favourite prey was her sister. why was anna the one that ended up with davey? why didn't she end up with the nice guy for a change? oh yeah htis was perfect, freya was pregnant, trapped in an abusive marriage and throwing her own pity party. it just didn't get better than this, did it?
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Well Freya you should put all this self-pity to some good use. Wallowing in it won't help. I have to leave, but maybe just maybe I could go about it with some sort of a plan this time, rather than just running.
  • Options
    Papa Don't Preach was pulsing through Maxine's earbuds. Her story about Freya was sounding a little desperate, and not quite believable enough. She preferred her characters to have strength, direction, and brains.

Joel touched Maxine on the shoulder while she typed, allowing his hand to flatten on her collarbone. She leaned back and relaxed. "Hungry?", he asked. "Famished!", she responded, "Directing the lives of a thousand characters is exhausting!"

They left for Hernando's. As the door closed, the phone picked up voice message.
  • Options
    ..picked up voice message number 7..
  • Options
    Well Freya you should put all this self-pity to some good use. Wallowing in it won't help. I have to leave, but maybe just maybe I could go about it with some sort of a plan this time, rather than just running.
    rn
  • Options
    she heard vincent stir. he got up and walked down the hall into the bathroom. she could hear him pee. he always left the door open. she tried to ignore his movements. when she looked up, he was standing in the doorway. he yawned and scratched his head.

'anything to eat in this house?'
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    I wanted to say why don't you fucking look, instead I chicked out somewhat and replied by simple stating that I didn't know.
  • Options
    'well what good are you if you don't even know if there's food in the house?'
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Why don't you have a look in the cupboard, there's bound to be something. I tried to think of a way to get out of this situation, because it was starting to look formiliar.
  • Options
    freya stood up and made her way to the sink. almost in an instant vincent was upon her. he wrapped his arm around her waist resting his hand on her belly. she wanted to scream. but she needed to protect her child. vincent put his lips close to her ear.

'how about you look. i mean that's all you're good for anyway.'

he tightened his grip on her.

'well maybe not the only thing.'

vincent kissed her neck and let out a laugh. he let her go.

'i'm having a shower. have something on the table when i get out. think you can manage that?'

he didn't wait for an answer. and freya didn't breathe until he was out of the room.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    karma defectkarma defect Posts: 5,483
    His grip was a threat to her, but was it also a threat to the child inside her? She didn't know for sure, but it felt like it.
  • Options
    yet again freya you've put yourself in harm's way. was it some kind of contest with anna? maybe. well that's a contest you can't win surely. and why would you try?

freya put down the tea towel she had in her hand and started towards her bedroom. finding a bag in the bottom of the wardrobe, she threw some clothes in a bag and left.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    karma defectkarma defect Posts: 5,483
    She left the car keys this time, just taking her wallet, some clothes and her savings that she kept with her papers she had sorted out since her last attempt to escape, should prove sufficient to start a new live.
    This time she wouldn't flee the house, no running this time, calm and sure of herself she closed the front door gentle letting it click back in the lock. She kept on walking and with every step she took she came closer to her unknown destination, all she knew was that it wasn't going to be her sister's house, nor would it be in this city. First the subway, then central station to catch the train out of here.
  • Options
    anna had managed to drag herself to her bed and that's where she had lain for the past couple of days. she was still tired but now she was irritable. she kicked her blanket to the floor and swung her legs over the side of the bed. she sat up and immediately bent over leaning her arms on her legs. she hung her head. she rubbed her forehead then looked up at her bedside table. her pill bottle was overturned - empty. she scratched at her arms and then stood up. she was naked. she rubbed her belly and made her way to the bathroom.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say