Options

Best Opener You've Seen?

124»

Comments

• Options
    rasty10rasty10 Posts: 68
    Iggy Pop...he was so wired that watching him spaz out on stage was entertainment enough, but of course his music is great!!

just listened to Ted Leo, and it's definitely NOT someone to look forward to! music is pretty bad and his lyrics are dominated by politics, cant wait.
    96-Prague
    98-Camden
    03-Camden
    06-Prague, Berlin, Vienna, Zagreb
    07-Katowice
    08-NYC I/II, Hartford, Mansfield I/II
  • Options
    No love for the Buzzcocks?

I was going to say PJ Harvey, but now that i think of it, that may have been a U2 concert.

MMJ was great, Gob Roberts was funny, Sparta did nothing for me, S/K is always good, esp cuz my wife is hot for the drummer, Fastbacks were ok, but it was a crazy night at Hartford and I could barely understand them, Sonic Youth were great, Death Cab had bad sound @ Toledo, Supergrass kind of sucked (sorry)...
  • Options
    pj0705pj0705 Posts: 189

I was going to say PJ Harvey, but now that i think of it, that may have been a U2 concert.

MMJ was great, Gob Roberts was funny, Sparta did nothing for me, S/K is always good, esp cuz my wife is hot for the drummer, Fastbacks were ok, but it was a crazy night at Hartford and I could barely understand them, Sonic Youth were great, Death Cab had bad sound @ Toledo, Supergrass kind of sucked (sorry)...

Buzzcocks are awesome!! Id say Sonic Youth and MMJ were the best though that ive seen. Unlike everyone else im pumped to see Ted Leo.
  • Options
    NeilJamNeilJam Posts: 1,191
    My favorite opening act for PJ was MMJ, followed closely by Ben Harper.
  • Options
    23232323 Posts: 26
    Shangrila Speedway
    Missoula, MT 1995
  • Options
    NeilJamNeilJam Posts: 1,191
    Poncier wrote:
    For Pearl Jam openers, Sonic Youth. Buzzcocks, Mudhoney and Ben Harper get hon. mentions.

Overall, probably Stevie Ray Vaughn opening for Robert Plant and The Clash opening for The Who in a dead heat. (Ironically next on the list may be Robert Plant, opening for The Who).

Well, if I include the best opening act for any band I've seen, then I would have to say Pearl Jam opening for the Stones.
  • Options
    snipes824snipes824 Posts: 870
    MMJ and Sonic Youth were both pretty good.
  • Options
    thecorythecory Posts: 290
    i haven't really liked any of the pj openers. i can't be the only one. when ever i'm there i'm positive like 95% of the fans who are actually in the building don't give a shit
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292

Buzzcocks were awesome...the first time. Seeing them open for multiple shows was a drag because it was EXACTLY the same set (banter, antics and all)
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    dannydanny Posts: 2,270
    pjpitt89 wrote:

sometimes in germany 2000 nurburgring awesome!!!!!!!!!!!
    danny d
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    saw sonic youth separately... pretty sure theyd be my favorite if i saw them open for PJ
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    senninsennin Posts: 2,146
    2 really stick out for me.

Oceans in San Diego 06, and Release in Seattle 02.

oh...opening bands.....BRAD! The did an awesome version of Benny & the Jets!
  • Options
    KoL for sure

SK was the worst I have seen. Out of the 30 people I went to the concert with, 1 person didn't end up hating them.

I love Wintersleep, I have seen them live but not at the Newfie shows. It is funny because they are still refered to as that band that opened for Pearl Jam. They won't even talk about those shows in interviews now.