Ticket Prices

Comments

• if you don't like the prices, or it's outside your budget...don't go???

since when are concert tickets a necessity? they are scarce luxury goods and the product has a high production cost.

this is worse than people complaining about gasoline prices.
  • pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    Shoot, I got no problem with it.

Oh hell, I know you dont. That wasnt a jab at you, I was just taking what jeff said and applauding it...sorry if you thought that was directed at you...:(
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    $85 for Avril Lavigne?
    If that includes a post show BJ, then that sounds about right.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • digsterdigster Posts: 1,293
    My problem with these threads is less the arguments back and forth about ticket prices, but this extremely pretentious attitude about "if you can't afford it, just don't go". I thought Pearl Jam appealed to fans of all classes, and the desire to see someone's favorite band can be overwhelming. I've seen people say in these threads that "if you can't afford the tickets, you should just get another job" having no idea about the financial circumstances of the original poster. Some of these fans, for example are students going to school full time who may not be able to afford an 80 dollar ticket, and wonder why it has to be that way when there are bands of PJ's ilk (Foo Fighters, Radiohead) selling their tickets for 50-60 bucks. They don't necessarily have daddy's credit card to fall back on. I don't mean to offend any particular poster in this thread, but speaking as someone who may have to skip the concert cause I can't afford it, I find that attitude a bit irritating and very against Pearl Jam's "working class" sentiments.
  • LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    $85 for Avril Lavigne?
    Not if it's from her drummer or bassist :eek:
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,762
    $85 for Avril Lavigne?

Screw that. I'm not blowing anybody for any amount of money.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • pkh43 wrote:
    Everyone will jump on me b/c your all psychos. No one can objectively criticize the "boys", even if you are a huge fan like myself. Bear with me though as we go back in history:

2000 tour: $26.00
    2003 tour: $36.00
    2005 tour: $52.00
    2008 tour: $74.00

Almost 300% mark-up in 8 years. Quite the inflation with ticket prices don't you think. See you in Hartford bitches!

there were tix on the 03 tour that were 50, i just checked my prof.
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    After just seeing Debashish Bhattacharya, Bob Brozman, Jerry Douglas and Derek Trucks ALL ON STAGE....for over 3 hours... for 15 bucks. Yeah i have a bit of a beef with how much i just shelled out for pearl jam shows right now :P

But hey its all good... there is no price for me having a not lame summer .. so woot!
  • kh65kh65 Posts: 946
    pkh43 wrote:
    Everyone will jump on me b/c your all psychos. No one can objectively criticize the "boys", even if you are a huge fan like myself. Bear with me though as we go back in history:

Almost 300% mark-up in 8 years. Quite the inflation with ticket prices don't you think. See you in Hartford bitches!

Who gives a shit. It's Pearl Jam. Be happy they are on tour.
    "If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much room."

Gambling=a taxation on stupidity.

Remember, you can walk anywhere, as long as you have the time.

http://www.ryanmontbleauband.com/

http://www.myspace.com/jessedee
  • deek74 wrote:
    Still one of the cheapest shows this summer in hartford, mansfield, and foxboro. Here are the prices of the other shows. This is before all venue charges.

$225-125 Police (mansfield)
    $200-125 Kiss Concert(mansfield)
    $150 Marroon Five/Counting crows (hartford)
    $136 Jimmy Buffet (mansfield)
    $125 Eric Clapton (mansfield)
    $125 Rod Stewart(mansfield)
    $110 Rush (mansfield)
    $105- tom petty
    $104.50 Kenny Chesney (foxboro)
    $97.50 Bruce Springsteen (foxboro) then add 40-60 bucks to park
    $95.50 - Kanye West
    $94.50 Summer Jam (mansfield)
    $85.50 Avril Lavigne
    $75 dave matthews
    $75 REM (mansfield)
    $68 pearl jam ($60 before fees in mansfield)
    $64.25 Tim McCraw
    $49.50 Iron Maiden (mansfield)

Pearl Jam looks pretty cheap to me. Deal of the summer is June 1st in mansfield. Stone Temple Pilots=$45
    Maroon 5 and CC cost $100 more than The Iron Maiden??? Actually, I guess I'm happy about that. Maiden on the 17th, PJ on the 20th!!! Woo!!!
  • AtlantaJammerAtlantaJammer Posts: 2,611
    pkh43 wrote:
    toothless southerner. Probably a dog fighter.

$225-125 Police (mansfield)
    $200-125 Kiss Concert(mansfield)
    $150 Marroon Five/Counting crows (hartford)
    $136 Jimmy Buffet (mansfield)
    $125 Eric Clapton (mansfield)
    $125 Rod Stewart(mansfield)
    $110 Rush (mansfield)
    $105- tom petty
    $104.50 Kenny Chesney (foxboro)
    $97.50 Bruce Springsteen (foxboro) then add 40-60 bucks to park
    $95.50 - Kanye West
    $94.50 Summer Jam (mansfield)
    $85.50 Avril Lavigne
    $75 dave matthews
    $75 REM (mansfield)
    $68 pearl jam ($60 before fees in mansfield)
    $64.25 Tim McCraw
    $49.50 Iron Maiden (mansfield)

I also just bought 6 tix to Eagles in atl for 180 a piece. My whole point was this so called 'inflation' is nothing. also, I have all thirteen of my teeth??
  • morgie2morgie2 Posts: 1,065
    digster wrote:
    My problem with these threads is less the arguments back and forth about ticket prices, but this extremely pretentious attitude about "if you can't afford it, just don't go". I thought Pearl Jam appealed to fans of all classes, and the desire to see someone's favorite band can be overwhelming. I've seen people say in these threads that "if you can't afford the tickets, you should just get another job" having no idea about the financial circumstances of the original poster. Some of these fans, for example are students going to school full time who may not be able to afford an 80 dollar ticket, and wonder why it has to be that way when there are bands of PJ's ilk (Foo Fighters, Radiohead) selling their tickets for 50-60 bucks. They don't necessarily have daddy's credit card to fall back on. I don't mean to offend any particular poster in this thread, but speaking as someone who may have to skip the concert cause I can't afford it, I find that attitude a bit irritating and very against Pearl Jam's "working class" sentiments.

Don't quite follow the logic here. If you can't afford to pay $68.00, you shouldn't be able to afford $50.00. And vice versa. It's kinda silly.
    Boston II 94 Boston II 06 Mansfield I 08 Mansfield II 08 Seattle I 09 Seattle II 09
    Hartford 10 Boston 10 Wrigley 13 Worcester I 13 Worcester II 13 Hartford 13
    NYC I 16 NYC II 16 Fenway I 16 Fenway II 16  Fenway 1 18  Fenway II 18
    E.V. Boston II 08 E.V. Albany II 09 E.V. Providence 11, E.V. Boston 11
    Troubled Souls Unite
  • Flannel ShirtFlannel Shirt Posts: 1,021
    digster wrote:
    Very well said.

If nothing else, its just a bummer that they have to be this pricey. Not blaming the band or anyone else, its the circumstances that just kinda stink. If there is one band that I truely believe will never be about the money, its this one. It is what it is.

$80 bucks may be someones gas budget, phone budget, car insurance, excise tax (for those of you in MA) etc. Its not like it used to be. Maybe I am just getting older and more frugal when it comes to spending my money.

Seeing this band live is an amazing experience. Every one of them ranks up there with my favorite experiences in my life. They are truely a great time. To have to shell out $80 for it is rough.

Shit man, at this rate, I almost hope my son doesnt become a PJ fan. In 15 years (he'll be 16) if they are still touring I may need to take out a loan to go with him. (joke)

Peace and see you all in Mansfield.
    morgie2 wrote:
    Don't quite follow the logic here. If you can't afford to pay $68.00, you shouldn't be able to afford $50.00. And vice versa. It's kinda silly.

That 18 extra dollars to someone may be a world of difference. Must be nice when money, no matter the amount, is no object.
    All that's sacred, comes from youth....dedications, naive and true.
  • digster wrote:

How about this

that's what it costs. if your choice is groceries or a concert ticket, buy groceries. Concerts are a luxury item.

The 90s are over buddy. Pearl Jam is a business. They keep the prices low as they can and still make some money.

they fucking break their arm to make sure fans get the best seats. If you are not a 10c member, that's your problem and your fault.

working class sentiments? that's something you put on them. This is the way it is now

I'm not blindly defending the band I'm just saying that's the way it is.

and I'm okay with that.
  • NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,477
    pkh43 wrote:

wow is fucking moron thread starter night (try tying it in with the cost of gas to haul their shit around douche bag)
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,477
    pkh43 wrote:
    nice
    94 post uneducated troll.
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • Every post I look in its knuckleheads making 0 sense on issues tht are pretty simple.
    Pj got an a+ for their ticket policies and fan club, from rolling stone, there were consumers getting ripped off bigtime last summer.
    THERE PRICES ARE KINDA LIKE WELFARE STATUS,compparred to the Stones and Who.
    And no kids under 10 shouldnt be at concerts.

no more shows
  • pkh43 wrote:

I don;t know where you got your figures but i paid 47.50 per ticket in 03, oh that's because of exchange rates and such. Wait a second.... isn;t the american dollar at some of it's lowest point in history at the moment? Since your yankee cash is worthless they have to charge more
    "So forget the other boys because my love is real.
    Come off your battlefield."
  • ComfisComfis Posts: 117
    The cost for a ticket for Pearl Jam in Greece in 2006 summer was 50 euro=75$. your prices are not accurate
    My choice for Radiohead News is InRadiobows.com
  • jxchambjxchamb Posts: 55
    The economy isn't doing too hot so pretty much everything has risen in price during the past couple years. Gas, milk, hookers, crack. Pearl Jam could charge a hundred bucks a ticket and still be sold out. Instead they're offering some of the cheapest tickets out there. Plus it's not even an album tour (unless there's some super secret record that is being released in the next month) so you know that we're going to be hearing some legendary set lists.
    Lastly, with the ticket prices this low you can actually affford to throw down thirty bucks for a shirt. In short, I am grateful to the band for not taking advantage of us and saying, "a hundred bucks? Sure, people would defintely pay that to see us. Everybody else is charging that so we should, too".
  • morgie2morgie2 Posts: 1,065
    [/quote]That 18 extra dollars to someone may be a world of difference. Must be nice when money, no matter the amount, is no object.[/quote]

You're making my point. If 18 dollars makes the difference, there is no way you should make the purchase.
    Boston II 94 Boston II 06 Mansfield I 08 Mansfield II 08 Seattle I 09 Seattle II 09
    Hartford 10 Boston 10 Wrigley 13 Worcester I 13 Worcester II 13 Hartford 13
    NYC I 16 NYC II 16 Fenway I 16 Fenway II 16  Fenway 1 18  Fenway II 18
    E.V. Boston II 08 E.V. Albany II 09 E.V. Providence 11, E.V. Boston 11
    Troubled Souls Unite
  • thecorythecory Posts: 290
    here's an interview excerpt w/ stone and mike i saw from 92:

Gossard: ... The only thing that affects me is when they charge a lot of money for the show. We've made it a point to try and keep our ticket costs down, but you really want to put on a good show for someone who's paid 20 bucks for a ticket. That's pretty expensive. So I feel a responsibility in that sense.

i am anticipating a monster performance for 84 bucks.
  • TEEJAM11TEEJAM11 Posts: 335
    pkh43 wrote:

stop crying already....
    they should of charged you 20 dollars more for crying charges.
    LOL......come on u knew this was coming....
  • We've done this thread already.

Inflation, economy sucks right now, gas prices, touring expenses, etc..

Smaller tour = more money to put on.

Maybe they should do a FUCKING BIGGER TOUR, then, no????

Tickets are more expensive than others in the same boat, and cheaper than most too. Some shows cost more because they have more production value, special effects, etc...PJ is pretty damn basic (nice lighting though). But come on, I saw on ticketmaster lawn tickets, after service charges, are in the $50-60 range...to sit on the lawn for PJ???? No offense, but not one of the most exciting bands to watch from a lawn with no screen.

Pretty sure the guys are using biofuel trucks and buses...that should cut down on some costs???
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • augustwestaugustwest Posts: 739
    the only thing that really matters is today...who cares what happened in 1962?

i wouldn't pay $100 to see anyone

i'd be happy to pay $50 to see pj but i would have to admit that they are worth more than that...and who hasn't seen a great rock show for $15, or even free? some shows you win, some shows you lose. pick the ones that you really need to see and budget accordingly, and especially do what you need to get by. credit cards are there for a reason. don't fail on your dreams/desires.

it's all relative and i certainly feel for the people who think $75 is a lot of money for 2.5hours of fun but not at one moment do i think that the band is gouging us fans. unlike u2...
  • SuzieMSuzieM Posts: 113
    I'm happy to pay $74 or whatever it is that I'm paying to see them at MSG. I looked up Bon Jovi pre-sale tix at MSG just for kicks, and floor tickets are $304 before ticketmaster charges! The fact that there are people watching one of the greatest bands that ever was/is pay for under $100 for some of the best seats in the house makes me tingly all over. It's totally awesome. Although there will probably be a smattering of dudes with connections, for the most part the good seats will be filled with fans which is more than I can say for some other shows.

PS I bet if you did the same exercise with Manhattan real-estate you'd get greater than 300% inflation LoL
  • pkh43 wrote:

this is false

03 my profile shows 98 for 2 tix, 120 for 2 tix

so they were between 40 to 50

06 they were 50 to 60

so its amazing when people change a few numbers around

so the mark up has been like 10 bucks a ticket per tour

no more shows
  • zacman13245zacman13245 Posts: 294
    tickets seemed pretty reasonable to me, i saw my mom spend $400+ on Springsteen tickets, I'm glad I didn't foot that bill.
    I'm spinning, oh, I'm spinning

6/30/2008 - Mansfield, MA.
    5/17/2010 - Boston, MA
    9/3/2011 - East Troy, WI (PJ20)
    9/4/2011 - East Troy, WI (PJ20)
  • NOCODE#1 wrote:
    94 post uneducated troll.

That's the spirit! You make an excellent point! I admire your debating skills. I am especially impressed by your ability to tie together the amount of posts this guy has left on the message boards with his level of education and, I assume, his overall intelligence. You are completely right! How dare this "troll" come on A PUBLIC MESSAGE BOARD and blatantly express his own opinion, which is clearly not consistent with your (superior) opinion. We are in agreeance, friend, I just wish I could express myself as graciously as yourself!

A word of advice....... Maybe someone with over 1000 posts shouldn't go around calling people douche bags. It may seem like you are a pretty cool guy in here, but in the real world (careful now!) you might seem like a fucking loser. Good luck with that. I don't get what's wrong with people on this thing.

Fuck it. I'm off to sell some PJ shit on ebay.............
    92xxx
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,145
    That's the spirit! You make an excellent point! I admire your debating skills. I am especially impressed by your ability to tie together the amount of posts this guy has left on the message boards with his level of education and, I assume, his overall intelligence. You are completely right! How dare this "troll" come on A PUBLIC MESSAGE BOARD and blatantly express his own opinion, which is clearly not consistent with your (superior) opinion. We are in agreeance, friend, I just wish I could express myself as graciously as yourself!

A word of advice....... Maybe someone with over 1000 posts shouldn't go around calling people douche bags. It may seem like you are a pretty cool guy in here, but in the real world (careful now!) you might seem like a fucking loser. Good luck with that. I don't get what's wrong with people on this thing.

Fuck it. I'm off to sell some PJ shit on ebay.............

haha nice post.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
This discussion has been closed.