Ticket Prices

pkh43pkh43 Posts: 253
edited April 2008 in The Porch
Everyone will jump on me b/c your all psychos. No one can objectively criticize the "boys", even if you are a huge fan like myself. Bear with me though as we go back in history:

2000 tour: $26.00
2003 tour: $36.00
2005 tour: $52.00
2008 tour: $74.00

Almost 300% mark-up in 8 years. Quite the inflation with ticket prices don't you think. See you in Hartford bitches!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    pkh43 wrote:
    Everyone will jump on me b/c your all psychos. No one can objectively criticize the "boys", even if you are a huge fan like myself. Bear with me though as we go back in history:

Almost 300% mark-up in 8 years. Quite the inflation with ticket prices don't you think. Guess Ed needs the money for his Hawaiian vacations and super model girlfriend. I am able to afford these skyrocketing prices, I am a nurse and my wife is a physical therapist, but maybe some other fans are having a hard time paying these "Rolling Stone" type prices. So let the shit begin. If anyone has a opinion against the "jamily" flow, they are ostracized. That is why when I need a good laugh, I read this message pit b/c most on here need to get in touch with reality. See you in Hartford bitches!

We've done this thread already.

First, welcome to 2008.

Inflation, economy sucks right now, gas prices, touring expenses, etc..

Smaller tour = more money to put on.

All that stuff, enjoy the show.

Also, Ed doesn't need our money to take his family to Hawaii, that's just being ignorant to say that.

and... Rolling Stones cost much, much more than Pearl Jam.
  • JammerJammer Posts: 85
    pkh43 wrote:

Almost 300% mark-up in 8 years. Quite the inflation with ticket prices don't you think. Guess Ed needs the money for his Hawaiian vacations and super model girlfriend. I am able to afford these skyrocketing prices, I am a nurse and my wife is a physical therapist, but maybe some other fans are having a hard time paying these "Rolling Stone" type prices. So let the shit begin. If anyone has a opinion against the "jamily" flow, they are ostracized. That is why when I need a good laugh, I read this message pit b/c most on here need to get in touch with reality. See you in Hartford bitches!

I just looked for tickets to Rush at the Tweeter Center in Mansfield, MA; 110.00, 15.75 "convenience charge", and a 7.00 facility fee.

148.00 for Pearl Jam or 265.50 for Rush. Hope it makes you feel better. If you don't like Rush, sorry I tried :-)
  • pkh43 wrote:

Okay, I'll bite on one of these threads one more time...

You're right. It's not just inflation. Or the price of gas. Or the guys simply wanting more money. Or the touring crew wanting raises. Or ticketmaster wanting more money. Or the venue wanting more money. Or simple supply and demand. It's all of those things together, and it means higher prices for us that far out-pace any of those factors taken individually.

Since you have tickets I take it you, like many others (myself included), are willing to point out the increase, but not willing to go without tickets because the price is too high. Thus, they will continue to charge at least that much in the future. Prices will only go down when the tickets stop selling.
  • slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,762
    I will gladly pay the extra money if Pearl Jam will add a search function to this message board.

Oh wait, this message board already has a search function?

Well, then use it.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • I thought that the venue management determines the minimum price based on which band is playing. The margin of profit might as well be the same for the band if that is the case.
    how am i supposed to sign here?
  • deek74deek74 Posts: 111
    Still one of the cheapest shows this summer in hartford, mansfield, and foxboro. Here are the prices of the other shows. This is before all venue charges.

$225-125 Police (mansfield)
    $200-125 Kiss Concert(mansfield)
    $150 Marroon Five/Counting crows (hartford)
    $136 Jimmy Buffet (mansfield)
    $125 Eric Clapton (mansfield)
    $125 Rod Stewart(mansfield)
    $110 Rush (mansfield)
    $105- tom petty
    $104.50 Kenny Chesney (foxboro)
    $97.50 Bruce Springsteen (foxboro) then add 40-60 bucks to park
    $95.50 - Kanye West
    $94.50 Summer Jam (mansfield)
    $85.50 Avril Lavigne
    $75 dave matthews
    $75 REM (mansfield)
    $68 pearl jam ($60 before fees in mansfield)
    $64.25 Tim McCraw
    $49.50 Iron Maiden (mansfield)

Pearl Jam looks pretty cheap to me. Deal of the summer is June 1st in mansfield. Stone Temple Pilots=$45
    1996 Randals Island NY, Hartford 1998 Hartford, Mansfield I, Mansfield II 2000 Mansfield I, Mansfield II 2003 Mansfield I, Mansfield III 2004 Boston I, Boston II 2006 Boston I, Boston II 2008 Hartford, Boston I, Boston II, Eddie Vedder Boston II 2009 Philly III 2010 Boston 2011 Eddie Vedder Providence, Eddie Vedder Boston 2011 PJ20 I, PJ20 II 2013 Worcester I, Worcester II
  • pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    I will gladly pay the extra money if Pearl Jam will add a search function to this message board.

Oh wait, this message board already has a search function?

Well, then use it.

POST OF THE DAY!!!!!
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • pkh43 wrote:
    Everyone will jump on me b/c your all psychos.

YOU'RE
  • pkh43 wrote:
    ... I am a nurse...

I gotta give ya credit just for admitting that you're a male nurse.
  • DPrival78DPrival78 Posts: 2,263
    pkh43 wrote:
    I am a nurse

damn you, focker!
    i'm more a fan of popular bands.. like the bee-gees, pearl jam
  • pkh43pkh43 Posts: 253
    I gotta give ya credit just for admitting that you're a male nurse.

nice
    DPrival78 wrote:
    damn you, focker!

nice
    thanks for the heads up.
  • AtlantaJammerAtlantaJammer Posts: 2,611
    pkh43 wrote:

Get a better job??? or quit crying....
    Get a better job??? or quit crying....

toothless southerner. Probably a dog fighter.
  • I'm amazed that people still somehow believe that ticket prices reflect how much money the band earns from touring...or that they actually need the money at this point
    looking for 2 to Columbia...

***GOT EM***
  • LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    deek74 wrote:
    Still one of the cheapest shows this summer in hartford, mansfield, and foxboro. Here are the prices of the other shows. This is before all venue charges.

$110 Rush (mansfield)
    $105- tom petty
    $95.50 - Kanye West
    $85.50 Avril Lavigne
    $75 dave matthews
    $75 REM (mansfield)
    $64.25 Tim McCraw

Pearl Jam looks pretty cheap to me. Deal of the summer is June 1st in mansfield. Stone Temple Pilots=$45

People are paying $150 to see Maroon 5 and Counting Crows? WTF???? :eek:
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
    I'm amazed that people still somehow believe that ticket prices reflect how much money the band earns from touring...or that they actually need the money at this point

When you want more than you have you think you need ...

No, seriously, to sustain the type of lifestyle they've been accustomed to, and to continue to support the charities they are all into, they probably do "need" the money.

Jeff has practically said so. (paraphrasing) "We left a lot of money on the table back in the today. Now, it's time to get ours."
  • deek74 wrote:

$110 Rush (mansfield)
    $105- tom petty
    $95.50 - Kanye West
    $85.50 Avril Lavigne
    $75 dave matthews
    $75 REM (mansfield)
    $64.25 Tim McCraw

STP is playing Camden also for $49 WMMR BBQ, but they wont tell you who the rest of the bands are, and your taking your chances of Scott being in re hab
  • swardsward Posts: 586
    deek74 wrote:

$110 Rush (mansfield)
    $105- tom petty
    $95.50 - Kanye West
    $85.50 Avril Lavigne
    $75 dave matthews
    $75 REM (mansfield)
    $64.25 Tim McCraw

Thanks for posting that. Sometimes it takes seeing it layed out plain as day for people to see that PJ isn't really that expensive.

It is what it is. If it's too much, don't go. I already know that, at some point, it's going to be too much for me to feasibly attend. I can afford a hundred dollar ticket, but I'm not sure I'll want to pay a hundred + dollars for a ticket to a concert. As amazing as the experience is for me to see PJ, I'll be drawing the line at some point. But.....I'm not going to hold it against them. All I care is that they make it feasible. And they do. They could be charging staggered seating prices like U2, and they don't. So I appreciate that fact. When the day comes that they are at the top of the list we saw above, then maybe some belly aching is warranted. But as of right now, it isn't the case, as outlined in the prices quoted.
  • vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    pkh43 wrote:

2006 australian tour $115 aud, at the time about $100 US
    Wembley 2007 - 45 pounds - $90+ US

$74 is cheap compared to the rest of the world!
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • JAL442JAL442 Posts: 41
    When I decided to dish out over $200 for three shows on this tour I was originally thinking it was a lot of money but once they hit the stage it won't matter any more. I thought to myself that if I decided not to go to a show over $70 I would be thinking to myself on the night of the show "i'm sitting on my ass at home when I could have been rockin out with PJ." That's something I just couldnt live with and made the decision a heck of a lot easier.
    2004: Boston II

2006: Hartford, Boston I, Boston II

2008: Hartford, Mansfield I, Mansfield II
  • pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045

Jeff has practically said so. (paraphrasing) "We left a lot of money on the table back in the today. Now, it's time to get ours."

And good for them for doing so!!
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • morgie2morgie2 Posts: 1,065
    pkh43 wrote:

Doesn't sound like your issue is with the prices. Sounds like you just want to "stir it up" a little. That's fine. It's pretty simple though. If you think the prices are too high, don't buy them. Never understood these posts. Compared to other concert tickets, PJ is always at the low end.
    Boston II 94 Boston II 06 Mansfield I 08 Mansfield II 08 Seattle I 09 Seattle II 09
    Hartford 10 Boston 10 Wrigley 13 Worcester I 13 Worcester II 13 Hartford 13
    NYC I 16 NYC II 16 Fenway I 16 Fenway II 16  Fenway 1 18  Fenway II 18
    E.V. Boston II 08 E.V. Albany II 09 E.V. Providence 11, E.V. Boston 11
    Troubled Souls Unite
  • Staceb10Staceb10 Posts: 675
    LongRd. wrote:
    People are paying $150 to see Maroon 5 and Counting Crows? WTF???? :eek:

I see I'm not the only one that was thinking that!!!
  • spinDrAtlspinDrAtl Posts: 109
    JAL442 wrote:
    When I decided to dish out over $200 for three shows on this tour I was originally thinking it was a lot of money but once they hit the stage it won't matter any more. I thought to myself that if I decided not to go to a show over $70 I would be thinking to myself on the night of the show "i'm sitting on my ass at home when I could have been rockin out with PJ." That's something I just couldnt live with and made the decision a heck of a lot easier.

True, the day after you would say 'Fuck, why didn't I go. Who cares about the $70.' I would I'm sure.

I bought Columbia and MSG 1 but opted not to try for MSG 2 due to the amount already spent, another 168 for tix, another night of hotel, another full day of taxi's, meals, etc., but now the thoughts are creeping in about how I will be heading to the airport while folks are getting psyched up for the 2nd night. :)
    So this is what it's like to be an adult.

Atlanta 4-3-94,Charleston 10-5-96
    Atlanta 8-7-00,Atlanta 4-19-03
    Vegas 6-6-03,Vegas 7-6-06
    Chicago Vic 8-2-07,Columbia 6-16-08
    MSG I 6-24-08, Philadelphia 10-31-09
  • Maybe the ticket increase is to replace the server which happens to crash anytime tickets go on sale!!! Sorry it was such an open door. I will say it was a bit easier this time than in the past.
    Yellow Ledbetter is my least favorite song. Because as soon as you hear the first note you know it is time to say goodbye.
  • 75Tammy7575Tammy75 Posts: 18
    As much as I would LOVE to see PJ in June, I just don't know if I can stomach those (or any other *major* band's) prices.

I hit a show about once a month but always at a small venue and with bands that are pretty unknown. I can go see 3 Cross Canadian Ragweed, Shooter Jennings or Reckless Kelly shows for what I would pay for one PJ ticket.

Again wish I could go.
    And good for them for doing so!!

Shoot, I got no problem with it.
    75Tammy75 wrote:

I hit a show about once a month but always at a small venue and with bands that are pretty unknown. I can go see 3 Cross Canadian Ragweed, Shooter Jennings or Reckless Kelly shows for what I would pay for one PJ ticket.

Wow. I actually like all of those bands.

But I like Pearl Jam at least three times more ... so the economics make sense.
This discussion has been closed.