Options

i think PJ will be in Europe again next year.

Comments

• Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    dunkman wrote:
    i'm normally 93.6% right about this stuff.... the other 9.3% is just me wildly guessing.

you mean 93.6% full of shit and 9.3% pure Bollocks leaving the extra 2.9% to be pure chance that it will not happen :rolleyes:
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    Murderers wrote:
    We should do though. It would make things so much easier.

yes. your money is incomprehensible. :cool:
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    Murderers.Murderers. Posts: 1,382
    eMMI wrote:
    yes. your money is incomprehensible. :cool:
    Haha. :p
    What the fuck is this world?
  • Options
    Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,569
    This thread has got me all pumped up! Im definately ready for some pearl jam in Norway!!!
    I will swallow poison
  • Options
    jonbond1779jonbond1779 London, UK Posts: 1,575
    Lets Hope

The 2006 Astoria gig was mindblowing and their set at Reading was historic!!!
    "Bring it back, to the clean form. To the pure form"

28/09/04 - Boston, 20/04/06 - London [\\mm//Astoria\\mm//] - 18/06/07 - Wembley Arena, 11/08/09 -  London [\\mm//Shepherds Bush Empire\\mm//],18/08/09 - 02 Arena, 25/06/10 - Hyde Park, 26/06/12 - Amsterdam, 27/06/12 - Amsterdam, 08/07/14 - Leeds,11/07/14 - Milton Keynes, 13/06/18 - Amsterdam, 18/06/18 - London 02 Arena, 17/07/18 - London 02 Arena, 08/08/22 - Hyde Park, 9/08/22 - Hyde Park - 25/08/22 - Amsterdam, 29/07/24 - London {*Tottenham Stadium TBC*}
  • Options
    I like this rumor.
    Hold On
  • Options
    JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,257
    im nodding my head in agreeance
  • Options
    bernmodibernmodi Posts: 631
    luxpjamer wrote:
    I hope you're right and I pray that that year they'll stop in Luxembourg!!!

Sorry, not very likely. But I heard rumours about PJ at the Rock am Ring/Rock im Park festivals in Germany. Isn't Nürburg just around the corner for you?
  • Options
    Erik1977Erik1977 Heerlen Posts: 140
    henchman wrote:
    Also I would love an EV solo tour in Europe. I read that the crowds in US are ruining the shows talking during the songs and with silly screams all the time.

This would never never happen in Europe. I have seen some theater shows recently (NYoung, Tom Waits,..) and the crowds are always respectful.

Well, unfortunately this doesn't go for every european country. I try to avoid concerts in my home country the Netherlands as much as possible for this reason. Luckily I live close to the german and belgian border so i can easily travel to those countries, where people are much more respectful and are a more listening audience during quiet/slower songs, for touring bands.
    2000 Pinkpop
    2006 Arnhem, Antwerp
    2007 Düsseldorf, Nijmegen
    2009 Rotterdam, London
    2010 London, Nijmegen, Berlin, Arras, Werchter
    2012 Manchester I, Amsterdam I + II, Werchter, Berlin I + II, Stockholm
    2013 Brooklyn I + II, Philly I + II
    2014 Amsterdam I + II, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Werchter, Leeds
    2016 Fenway I + II
    2018 Amsterdam I + II, Pinkpop, London I + II, Padova, Kraków, Barcelona, Seattle I + II
    2022 Pinkpop, Zürich, Frankfurt, London I + II, Prague , Amsterdam I, Amsterdam II
    2023 Austin I + II

• Options
    dannydanny Posts: 2,271
    dunkman wrote:
    reasons:

1. The festivals are big money spinners and attract new audiences as well as bumping up cd sales.

2. as above with the added flavour of webcasts and TV channels showing highlights to further expand their audience.

3. they like it over here as by and large its a liberal sorta part of the world with no North v's South moaning and all that accompanying political shit

4. We have GA which i think excites the band more rather than watching the low numbered 10c members rock out in their seating area. GA is a bit more, ehhh, exciting to watch.

5. The threads on here lately about the general poor drunken frat behaviour, albeit a small minority, of the US crowds wont have gone unnoticed by the band or certainly by Ed in his solo tour.

i'm normally 93.6% right about this stuff.... the other 9.3% is just me wildly guessing.

that would be awesome!!!!!!
    danny d
  • Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    henchman wrote:
    Also I would love an EV solo tour in Europe. I read that the crowds in US are ruining the shows talking during the songs and with silly screams all the time.

This would never never happen in Europe. I have seen some theater shows recently (NYoung, Tom Waits,..) and the crowds are always respectful.

Ed just needs Uncle Bruce to come out and tell 'em all to STFU like back in '96!!! ;)

can't see a tour of Europe by the boys next year, (a) it'll be album and then a tour of the US and Oz/NZ seeing as they missed the last couple, and (b) Dunk's jinxed it for us! ;)

hoping by saying that that i've un-jinxed it... but by saying THAT, have i re-jinxed it for us...? errr.... :confused:
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
    Play some headline gigs in the UK - other than London!!

Also some more German gigs - every gig I've been to there has been amazing (and they have fantastic tickets!)!!

I'm hoping and praying they hit Europe next year!
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
  • Options
    PearlJainPearlJain Posts: 565
    dunkman wrote:
    reasons:

1. The festivals are big money spinners and attract new audiences as well as bumping up cd sales.

2. as above with the added flavour of webcasts and TV channels showing highlights to further expand their audience.

3. they like it over here as by and large its a liberal sorta part of the world with no North v's South moaning and all that accompanying political shit

4. We have GA which i think excites the band more rather than watching the low numbered 10c members rock out in their seating area. GA is a bit more, ehhh, exciting to watch.

5. The threads on here lately about the general poor drunken frat behaviour, albeit a small minority, of the US crowds wont have gone unnoticed by the band or certainly by Ed in his solo tour.

I would love to travel back to Ireland and see Pearl Jam~!!!! Absolutely! :)
    The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated - Gandhi

"Empty pockets will Allow a greater Sense of wealth...." EV/ITW
  • Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    burtschips wrote:
    Please play the SOUTH..... east..... east anglia.... please.
    Touring crew invades NAAAAAAAAAAAARWICH!
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    I've heard whispers over here that they are being lined up to play Oxegen :(....will still go tho ;)
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,740
    lets face it, PJ will be playing every festival in the world next year at some point....well if we believe the rumours. Although they are definitely doing a full Uk tour next year visiting 10 cities, north and south, and remembering there is more than London in the Uk. You heard it here first
  • Options
    FitzFitz Posts: 169
    burtschips wrote:
    with respect to point 3. shut up you tight fisted northern wart. SNP my ARSE. all the rest i agree with.

;)

they are coming to europe for sure. it's a sure thing, surely shirley.

Please play the SOUTH..... east..... east anglia.... please.

I heard they will be playing East Anglia, Carrow Road Norwich actually.
    "First of all, there’s the palpable camaraderie and good feeling you get from the entire band as they smile and nod at each other, and huddle together in various formations throughout the show --- They look like they really like each other. They look stoked!"
  • Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    pdalowsky wrote:
    lets face it, PJ will be playing every festival in the world next year at some point....well if we believe the rumours. Although they are definitely doing a full Uk tour next year visiting 10 cities, north and south, and remembering there is more than London in the Uk. You heard it here first

Just replace Uk with Ireland and you're spot on ;)
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    Irish Al wrote:
    Just replace Uk with Ireland and you're spot on ;)

Yeah keep dreaming boy :rolleyes:
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • Options
    finnanniefinnannie Posts: 1,186
    They should skip UK and Ireland and all that and head straight into to the wild; FINLAND! :D

Yeah!
    Won't let the light escape from me.
    Won't let the darkness swallow me.
  • Options
    strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
    finnannie wrote:
    They should skip UK and Ireland and all that and head straight into to the wild; FINLAND! :D

Yeah!

Nooooo!!!!!

How about they play Finland and then head to the UK?
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    finnannie wrote:

Yeah!

yeah, i would go to that :)
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    finnannie wrote:

Yeah!

How very selfish of you :mad:

I have no problems with going to Finland to watch them but some UK dates would be nice.

I am sure we can share :)
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

• Options
    finnannie wrote:

Yeah!

nnoooooo!!!! :eek:

first UK, then Ireland, then Finland for a faaaabulous finale! :D
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    yeah, i would go to that :)

Can you imagine how good that/those concert(s) would be? This country has been PJ deprived for over 15 years!!
  • Options
    eMMI wrote:
    nnoooooo!!!! :eek:

first UK, then Ireland, then Finland for a faaaabulous finale! :D

yeah that would be good too, they should do a week long tour all around Finland (from top to bottom) :D
  • Options
    finnannie wrote:
    yeah that would be good too, they should do a week long tour all around Finland (from top to bottom) :D

lol. do you realise how long this country is? :p

a week to go from the top of Finland to the bottom? hmm. might work with regular travellers.. but imagine doing that and having a show every night? :o

I vote a month in Finland! :D give the lads some time to check out the sights.
  • Options
    eMMI wrote:

And I am sure you would be quite happy to offer your services.

As a tour guide that is :p

• Options
    eMMI wrote:
    lol. do you realise how long this country is? :p

a week to go from the top of Finland to the bottom? hmm. might work with regular travellers.. but imagine doing that and having a show every night? :o

hell yeah! Month! :D That would be SICK! :)
  • Options
    And I am sure you would be quite happy to offer your services.

As a tour guide that is :p

of course! :cool:

[sidenote: damn, this is the second band I've promised to show around Finland.]