Options

i think PJ will be in Europe again next year.

dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
edited August 2008 in The Porch
reasons:

1. The festivals are big money spinners and attract new audiences as well as bumping up cd sales.

2. as above with the added flavour of webcasts and TV channels showing highlights to further expand their audience.

3. they like it over here as by and large its a liberal sorta part of the world with no North v's South moaning and all that accompanying political shit

4. We have GA which i think excites the band more rather than watching the low numbered 10c members rock out in their seating area. GA is a bit more, ehhh, exciting to watch.

5. The threads on here lately about the general poor drunken frat behaviour, albeit a small minority, of the US crowds wont have gone unnoticed by the band or certainly by Ed in his solo tour.

i'm normally 93.6% right about this stuff.... the other 9.3% is just me wildly guessing.
oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    finnanniefinnannie Posts: 1,186
    I hope you're right ;)
    Won't let the light escape from me.
    Won't let the darkness swallow me.
  • Options
    release30release30 Posts: 2,051
    If it happens it looks like I will be taking my first trip overseas!!!
    Conversations getting dull
    There's a constant ringing in my ears
    Sense of humor's void and numb
    And I'm bored to tears.......
  • Options
    StaffanStaffan Posts: 606
    I for one are keeping my fingers crossed..........
    Have only seem them once, dying to relive the pure magic of a PJ show.

However, I would really like to see them in an indoor arena next time...

Let's keep the faith fellow Europeans :)

Peace
    Everyday................is Pearl Jam Day.

Except Sundays, that's Ed day.

The mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work unless it's open. FZ

• Options
    petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    thats great...cause Im getting married in October of next year and I'm going to Europe for my honeymoon :)
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • Options
    gordon189gordon189 Houston, TX Posts: 60
    If it happens, I just hope they announce it early enough for me to plan my two work trips to the UK around it!!
  • Options
    burtschipsburtschips Posts: 734
    dunkman wrote:
    reasons:

1. The festivals are big money spinners and attract new audiences as well as bumping up cd sales.

2. as above with the added flavour of webcasts and TV channels showing highlights to further expand their audience.

3. they like it over here as by and large its a liberal sorta part of the world with no North v's South moaning and all that accompanying political shit

4. We have GA which i think excites the band more rather than watching the low numbered 10c members rock out in their seating area. GA is a bit more, ehhh, exciting to watch.

5. The threads on here lately about the general poor drunken frat behaviour, albeit a small minority, of the US crowds wont have gone unnoticed by the band or certainly by Ed in his solo tour.

i'm normally 93.6% right about this stuff.... the other 9.3% is just me wildly guessing.

with respect to point 3. shut up you tight fisted northern wart. SNP my ARSE. all the rest i agree with.

;)

they are coming to europe for sure. it's a sure thing, surely shirley.

Please play the SOUTH..... east..... east anglia.... please.
    Salut baloo
  • Options
    burtschips wrote:
    with respect to point 3. shut up you tight fisted northern wart. SNP my ARSE. all the rest i agree with.

;)

they are coming to europe for sure. it's a sure thing, surely shirley.

east angular?!?! isnt that like abroad.

SNP rule ok!!! technically thats true as well as being a bit of the old youth speak. :cool:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    IGotShit76IGotShit76 Posts: 768
    dunkman wrote:

Damnit ... those 9.3% guessing are way too much ;)

Hope you're 100% right ... except that I would prefer if they don't play festivals !
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:

They have schools over there in Ireland?

;)
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
  • Options
    They have schools over there in Ireland?

;)

nope, just pubs ;)
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,740
    and your fogetting Vedders recent comments that europe is very enticing these days due to the strong pound against the dollar.

and its my 30th birthday and they really want to get over here and help me celebrate.
  • Options
    ChazzChazz Somerset, UK Posts: 1,096
    burtschips wrote:

Please play the SOUTH WEST..........(however I will travel anywhere in Europe to see them probably).....

Didn't Stone (or it might be Mike) at the Rock Honours say to someone they may be back in Europe next year ?? :)
    Dublin, Reading 06
    London, Copenhagen 07
    MSG 08
    SBE, Manchester, London 09
    Dublin, Belfast, London 10
    Manchester, Berlin 12
    Amsterdam, Milton Keynes 14
    London 18
    London 22
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    east angular?!?! isnt that like abroad.

SNP rule ok!!! technically thats true as well as being a bit of the old youth speak. :cool:

it is a foreign land alright, best viewed at twilight!
    Salut baloo
  • Options
    Please play the SOUTH WEST..........(however I will travel anywhere in Europe to see them probably).....

Didn't Stone (or it might be Mike) at the Rock Honours say to someone they may be back in Europe next year ?? :)

a few people have heard the same... i guess there could be an element of fact and now that dunkman has made his prediction it is a homer if ever there was one!
    Salut baloo
  • Options
    strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
    Hoping and praying for this!!!

Please guys, skip the UK festivals and just do a few headliners!!

Newcastle or north east or Scotland, pleeeeeeaaaasssseeee!!!!!

:D:D:D:D:D
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,133
    if they play athens again, count me down baby! i'm not gonna miss it this time.
  • Options
    strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
    demetrios wrote:
    if they play athens again, count me down baby! i'm not gonna miss it this time.

Wherever they play I'm not going to miss it (other than possibly missing the festivals)!! We promised ourselves we'd be at every Euro gig next time around!!!
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,133
    strummers wrote:
    Wherever they play I'm not going to miss it (other than possibly missing the festivals)!! We promised ourselves we'd be at every Euro gig next time around!!!

every euro gig? mama mia!! if i can take a full month off (with pay) and tour all of europe (w/pj & friends) that would be a dream come true.

:)
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    every euro gig? mama mia!!

ooooohhh check out the ABBA fan ;)
  • Options
    henchmanhenchman Posts: 172
    You forgot the most important reason: The powerfull Euro vs the weak dollar

Most bands are touring in Europe these days for that reason. Festivals pay a lot, but it means a lot more if they get their money in Euros and can change it later to dollars.

I'm sure they will go to some euro festivals in 2009, it's ok to me if they still do some non-festival shows like last year (Wembley, Dusseldorf,.... were SICK).

Also I would love an EV solo tour in Europe. I read that the crowds in US are ruining the shows talking during the songs and with silly screams all the time.

This would never never happen in Europe. I have seen some theater shows recently (NYoung, Tom Waits,..) and the crowds are always respectful.
    1996: San Sebastian
    2000: San Sebastian
    2006: Barcelona, Vitoria, Lisbon I & II, Madrid, Verona, Milan
    2007: Lisbon, Madrid, London, Dusseldorf
    2009: Rotterdam, Manchester, London
    2010: Berlin, Lisbon
    2014: Amsterdam I & II, Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2018: Amsterdam I & II, Barcelona, Madrid
    2022: Frankfurt, London I & II, Amsterdam II
  • Options
    JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    I'll pray for that to happen !
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • Options
    Murderers.Murderers. Posts: 1,382
    Play London pussies!!!!

Play Italy too!!!

And France!!!

And everywhere in Europe ya fuckers1!!

:D
    What the fuck is this world?
  • Options
    henchman wrote:
    You forgot the most important reason: The powerfull Euro vs the weak dollar

Most bands are touring in Europe these days for that reason. Festivals pay a lot, but it means a lot more if they get their money in Euros and can change it later to dollars.

*ahem*
    dunkman wrote:
    1. The festivals are big money spinners

i said it in my very first point!!!!

;):D
  • Options
    ChazzChazz Somerset, UK Posts: 1,096
    Just reading the title of this thread makes me feel happy :) i'm easily pleased :o
    Dublin, Reading 06
    London, Copenhagen 07
    MSG 08
    SBE, Manchester, London 09
    Dublin, Belfast, London 10
    Manchester, Berlin 12
    Amsterdam, Milton Keynes 14
    London 18
    London 22
  • Options
    Yeah. I really wanna tour Europe with PJ next year.
  • Options
    henchmanhenchman Posts: 172
    True but you forgot to mention the euro thing. The US festivals are big money spinners too.

But as you say, it's the main reason. As the big euro festivals fight for the artist ofering more and more money they will come back for sure.

Maybe Glastonbury, maybe back to leeds/reading, a spanish festival for sure (big fight between them so they pay a lot), but the most important thing is to book some shows in between for us.

And they should go back to the Heineken thing in Italy. And go back to Verona too.
    1996: San Sebastian
    2000: San Sebastian
    2006: Barcelona, Vitoria, Lisbon I & II, Madrid, Verona, Milan
    2007: Lisbon, Madrid, London, Dusseldorf
    2009: Rotterdam, Manchester, London
    2010: Berlin, Lisbon
    2014: Amsterdam I & II, Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2018: Amsterdam I & II, Barcelona, Madrid
    2022: Frankfurt, London I & II, Amsterdam II
  • Options
    I think they'll play Pinkpop and Rock Werchther. How awesome would that be?
  • Options
    henchman wrote:
    True but you forgot to mention the euro thing.

we dont have Euros in the UK.. ergo i didnt mention them... :)
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    we dont have Euros in the UK.. ergo i didnt mention them... :)
    We should do though. It would make things so much easier.
  • Options
    luxpjamerluxpjamer Posts: 837
    I hope you're right and I pray that that year they'll stop in Luxembourg!!!
    Beavis : Is this Pearl Jam?
    Butt-head: This guy makes faces like Eddie Vedder.
    Beavis: No, Eddie Vedder makes faces like this guy.
    Butt-head: I heard these guys, like, came first and Pearl Jam ripped them off.
    Beavis: No, Pearl Jam came first.
    Butt-head: Well, they both suck.