Options

London meetup November 29th

123457»

Comments

• Options
    it's £32 for a SINGLE journey?????? :confused: what the fuck??? It's only about 2 and half hours by car.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    it's £32 for a SINGLE journey?????? :confused: what the fuck??? It's only about 2 and half hours by car.

It's 'cause you're booking so close to the day you want to travel. If you can get a lift to Brum may be worth looking at the coach (I'd recommend National Express over megabus) as thats 3 hours and you can maybe still get £20 return.

When are you planning on coming back? I can see returns using that train for £33 and £41
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    Chime wrote:
    It's 'cause you're booking so close to the day you want to travel. If you can get a lift to Brum may be worth looking at the coach (I'd recommend National Express over megabus) as thats 3 hours and you can maybe still get £20 return.

When are you planning on coming back? I can see returns using that train for £33 and £41
    can you send me a link please? :o for the £33 returns?

I'm coming back on Sunday probably
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    can you send me a link please? :o for the £33 returns?

I'm coming back on Sunday probably

http://www.thetrainline.com/Buy_Tickets/Matrix/display_matrix.asp?expand=&T2ID=2460_20081124161433&ScriptEnabled=True

There you go. You'd have to do one change on the way back. The trainline charge for paying by card so maybe worth booking through Chilterns website.

Hmmm not sure if link will work :confused: it does for me if I open a new window and copy & paste but don't know if that's 'cause I performed the original search
  • Options
    Chime wrote:
    http://www.thetrainline.com/Buy_Tickets/Matrix/display_matrix.asp?expand=&T2ID=2460_20081124161433&ScriptEnabled=True

There you go. You'd have to do one change on the way back. The trainline charge for paying by card so maybe worth booking through Chilterns website.
    thanks a mil :) gonna go through that... just found a super off peak return through the chiltern website via brum for £20 but when I went to book it said the feckin website's too busy... fuckers :D I'll try the trainline now.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Okies, just booked the super off peak return :) so I won't arrive until 14.04. Chime thanks a mil for your help... one thing though... they don't give much time between changing trains at brum... 5 mins... what happens if my train from here to brum is delayed? Because I've booked a specific train from there to London? Will they allow me on the later one? Or can I use my first leg ticket earlier?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Okies, just booked the super off peak return :) so I won't arrive until 14.04. Chime thanks a mil for your help... one thing though... they don't give much time between changing trains at brum... 5 mins... what happens if my train from here to brum is delayed? Because I've booked a specific train from there to London? Will they allow me on the later one? Or can I use my first leg ticket earlier?

I'd give them a call to check ... but if either of the trains I would think it would be the Kiddie to Brum one you would be allowed to get a different train as you may have seats reserved on the other one.
  • Options
    Chime wrote:
    I'd give them a call to check ... but if either of the trains I would think it would be the Kiddie to Brum one you would be allowed to get a different train as you may have seats reserved on the other one.
    I've no seats reserved on either train but I just sent them an email. It's less than £5 return to Birmingham anyway, so if a delay might result in me simply being stranded, I'll probably just pay the extra £5 and travel earlier... me being the time freak that I am :D

But thanks again for all your help! :)

It only cost me £25.90 for the return and a one day travelcard in London zones 1234... I also got the insurance
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    I've no seats reserved on either train but I just sent them an email. It's less than £5 return to Birmingham anyway, so if a delay might result in me simply being stranded, I'll probably just pay the extra £5 and travel earlier... me being the time freak that I am :D

But thanks again for all your help! :)

It only cost me £25.90 for the return and a one day travelcard in London zones 1234... I also got the insurance

Coolio. Just head to Kiddie for the earlier train and ask them if your ticket covers it. It should do I would think. Glad it's sorted!
  • Options
    Chime wrote:
    Coolio. Just head to Kiddie for the earlier train and ask them if your ticket covers it. It should do I would think. Glad it's sorted!
    well hopefully their reply email should confirm either way... but if not, yep, I'll definitely be getting the earlier train whether I have to pay or not :)

So are you gonna make it or not?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    well hopefully their reply email should confirm either way... but if not, yep, I'll definitely be getting the earlier train whether I have to pay or not :)

So are you gonna make it or not?

I should for some of it. I have a big night out the night before and will have to catch the last train home but should be around at some point.
  • Options
    Chime wrote:
    I should for some of it. I have a big night out the night before and will have to catch the last train home but should be around at some point.
    :) excellent! Can't you find somewhere to crash for the night?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    Ok, well I was half joking about starting drinking at 1.30 :p but whatever, I'll get the train from stansted, find my way to camden and see if I can find you guys :D
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • Options
    Ok, well I was half joking about starting drinking at 1.30 :p but whatever, I'll get the train from stansted, find my way to camden and see if I can find you guys :D
    :D no you weren't... I get to marylebone about 2ish so I'll go straight there then :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life