Options

London meetup November 29th

Comments

• Options
    Not before half 5 at the earliest (Jody does work till 5)... We could pick you up on the way down though as it's kinda on the way.

Well Dave will have to get home from work first, that takes him about an hour but if he's ready to go it shouldn't be a problem. I'll ask if he can finish an hour early or summat :)

I'll talk to him about it.
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    actually yeah... blackpool is fucking dreadful.

what about Edinburgh ;)

England's alright every fucking meet-up but personally i find it a bit Englandy at times... you lot would be ok in Scotland for a night oot!!! and Edinburgh is the best pub city!!
    well I for one am definitely due a trip to Scotland... am a bit tied up for the next few weeks though... but maybe after Christmas?

Sian, that should suit then... we'll be leaving around or after half five (if we find somewhere to crash) Dave gets home about half five... we still have to get there to pick him up... so he wouldn't need to finish early! :o or have I got that all wrong? :confused::D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    Edinburgh is the best pub city!!

Edinburgh also has more Pizza Hut's per square mile than anywhere else in the world... (5 within walking distance of the high street... or there were last time I was up there anyway)
    ...London Doesn't Call Anymore... (rip joe)

Yes, I have been to some Pearl Jam concerts. Several of them.
  • Options
    or have I got that all wrong? :confused::D

:drumm roll:

Helen is right...

:cymbal crash:

Ta-Daaaaa!!!!!
    ...London Doesn't Call Anymore... (rip joe)

Yes, I have been to some Pearl Jam concerts. Several of them.
  • Options
    well I for one am definitely due a trip to Scotland... am a bit tied up for the next few weeks though... but maybe after Christmas?

Sian, that should suit then... we'll be leaving around or after half five (if we find somewhere to crash) Dave gets home about half five... we still have to get there to pick him up... so he wouldn't need to finish early! :o or have I got that all wrong? :confused : : D

No no, you're right on the button :) It took us just over an hour to get to Kiddy the other day so he should be comfortably home by the time our chariot arrives :D

I finish at 4 anyways so i'm ok. I dunno about Dave, he might finish a little bit earlier just to be safe (traffic can be bad) and I know he worries :)

BTW, i've never been to Scotland... there's an excuse to go and annoy Dunk ;)
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

• Options
    :drumm roll:

Helen is right...

:cymbal crash:

Ta-Daaaaa!!!!!
    :D it does happen the odd time!

Sian I get ya.. I'm a time freak too. Hate being late or having people wait on me... especially when they're doing a favour (well I'd never let that happen :D ). I'm kinda going out with the wrong guy.... complete opposite :eek: really not good for the heart at times!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    well I for one am definitely due a trip to Scotland... am a bit tied up for the next few weeks though... but maybe after Christmas

i'm thinking maybe Feb/March anyways? ... Edinburgh has "smart city hostels" and for a dorm it works out about £16 a head and the place is awesome!! or there are about 3 travelodges very close to city (one of them is literally 30 steps from the Royal Mile)

i'll sort it oot after New Years :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    i'm thinking maybe Feb/March anyways? ... Edinburgh has "smart city hostels" and for a dorm it works out about £16 a head and the place is awesome!! or there are about 3 travelodges very close to city (one of them is literally 30 steps from the Royal Mile)

I'm up for that :D

• Options
    dunkman wrote:

Excellent... sounds great :) let's not talk about it yet... too much going on at the mo... but i'd definitely be up for that early next year :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    dunkman wrote:

ooh yeah, I'd love to see Edinburgh/Scotland again. :)
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    Right, flying into Stansted at 12.30 on the 29th. I'll leave off booking a hostel for a little while in case someone wants to offer a floor or couch.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • Options
    Right, flying into Stansted at 12.30 on the 29th. I'll leave off booking a hostel for a little while in case someone wants to offer a floor or couch.
    BRILLIANT :) How long ya staying for?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    eMMI wrote:
    ahh fockshitebollocks!! :mad:

:( don't think I can make this one.. just can't afford it.

had a small glimpse of hope yesterday but no, it was shot down. :(
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    eMMI wrote:
    had a small glimpse of hope yesterday but no, it was shot down. :(

was it a Al Qaeda airship?
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    was it a Al Qaeda airship?

wow... :eek:
  • Options
    BRILLIANT :) How long ya staying for?
    Til Monday morning. €20 return flights baby :D
  • Options
    Til Monday morning. €20 return flights baby :D

YAY! :D

• Options
    wash_wash_ Posts: 1,073
    What are people doing for sleeping arrangements? Is anyone looking into hotels? If it's gonna be hotels I need to get onto it and book-a-rooni. :)
    2006 ░▒▓ Astoria, Dublin, Leeds, Reading, Lisbon, Paris, Verona, Athens
    2007 ░▒▓ London, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009 ░▒▓ Manchester, London
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

*§* Music is all the juice i'll need *§*
  • Options
    this sounds so cool, I dont think I could get my passport in order in time though
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
  • Options
    geniegenie Posts: 2,222
    OK, who's in? We're gonna have some kinda fundraiser thing since hippiemom's anniversary's coming up on the 8th December and I thought it would be nice... anyone wanna come along or will it just be me? :D

Hey Helen :)

I'm been made redundant recently, but can i just come for some fun and drinks?
  • Options
    which place are you planning to go to? cause i'd really love to join you folks!
  • Options
    genie wrote:
    Hey Helen :)

I'm been made redundant recently, but can i just come for some fun and drinks?

helen's not in charge. :)

Helen, can she come?

i used to come for fun and drinks... some people thought it degrading but i enjoyed it :)
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    helen's not in charge. :)

Helen, can she come?

i used to come for fun and drinks... some people thought it degrading but i enjoyed it :)

dude i don't care, i want to have fun!! to hell with other people!
  • Options
    genie wrote:
    dude i don't care, i want to have fun!! to hell with other people!

i meant 'come' not come. ;)

i've met these guys...they are brilliant fun.

Edinburgh Feb/Mar 09 is next after this one!!!! (sorry hells ;) )

I also want to meet you seeing as how you always liked soulsinging... :)
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:

come, eh? ok i gotcha ;) it's not that kind of fun, but still i want to go and meet some guys too! someone with green eyes would be perfect,cause i've got soft spot for green eyes ;)
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:

I also eant to meet you seeing as how you always liked soulsinging... :)

i've liked soulsinging ever since he made me loose my sleep one day because he is pretty fucking good at arguing with people. and that's the sort of trait in personality that i lack. what can i say i don't just like the guy, i admire him.
  • Options
    genie wrote:
    i've liked soulsinging ever since he made me loose my sleep one day because he is pretty fucking good at arguing with people. and that's the sort of trait in personality that i lack. what can i say i don't just like the guy, i admire him.

no you dont
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    no you dont

so what do you think my real feeling are towards him then? or are you talking about my personality?
  • Options
    wash_ wrote:
    What are people doing for sleeping arrangements? Is anyone looking into hotels? If it's gonna be hotels I need to get onto it and book-a-rooni. :)
    Bumpin this post, coz I need to know too :)
  • Options
    Bumpin this post, coz I need to know too :)

so you gonna get to London all the way from Dublin? how long are you going to stay for, i can try and show you around town :)