Can everybody PUHLEEEEZE stop tempting fate?

Comments

• dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    I'm sure I'd do whatever I need to do in an extreme circumstance and for the record I dont eat fast food... but to pay over $800 for me a my husband to be uncomfortable, in the mud, hot as shit only to see PJ .. I dont think so.. we'll wait...

i understand... :)

drop the husband and it'll only be $200.. then buy one of Speedy's shower things..

but i do understand.. its not the lack of showers that puts me off Glastonbury festival here its the fucking hippies trying to sell me Moon Gems to put into my cornflakes and telling my auru is fucked.. course its fucked and its because aforementioned hippy smells like Stalin's cock....
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • memememe Posts: 4,695
    I'm sorry but I gotta disagree with that... there is NO WAY baby wipes take away that stench of sweaty yucky people or would make me feel any cleaner...

When I thought about going I never thought of camping for 4 days...I would camp for 4 days anywhere else (i.e camping trips) but not at a festival were people are jumping and dancing, body painting and rolling the mud and have no access to showers.... baby wipes definately are no solution.. yuck :eek: IMO

Let's not forget it's Tennessee in June.
    I was there last year at that time approximately. It was horribly hot and horribly humid. I don't think there is much in Europe that can compare to that kind of environment. So it's not no shower, camping, and jumping up and down in general, it's no shower, camping and jumping up and down in TENNESSEE, in June. Not saying it's impossible to enjoy it, obviously many people did and will, but that ain't me :)
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • I'm sure I'd do whatever I need to do in an extreme circumstance and for the record I dont eat fast food... but to pay over $800 for me a my husband to be uncomfortable, in the mud, hot as shit only to see PJ .. I dont think so.. we'll wait...
    cmon....where is your sense of adventure???? (is that the correct phrase??)

if it fucking rains ill throw you and hubby in the r.v.......

you may be sleeping on the floor....but you will be dry....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,970
    dunkman wrote:
    you know what i find strange about how PJ works?

radiohead and white stripes announced all their shows for all their tours on the same date.. Radiohead even announced their North American tour and gave all the states that they would be playing in... they did this without giving out venue or date information... the benfit is that their fans can see instantly "oh they are not playing Nebraska but they are playing Idaho.. cool"

you know with PJ it was a case of release some dates, release some more, do a north leg of the states and NOT CONFIRM they were not doing a southern leg of the states.

a band that tours as often as PJ should be experts in the planning of a tour.. so they should do the following

Hi folks its tour time

we will be playing the following states

(insert 17 state names here)

and the tour will begin in (month) and end in (month) ... confirmed venues and dates will be released on (insert date here)

we will NOT be touring anywhere else other than the above mentioned, thanks for supporting the band

see you there

I mean really, would that be so damn hard?
  • brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    dunkman wrote:
    instead of

" tweet, members please be up-to-date.. new things..." and then its a book.

:rolleyes:

haha...

i like this.

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • and I just want to point out that I was one of the muddy people at Woodstock in 1994, so I'm not THAT anal... just not my cup of tea anymore I guess...

... maybe Helen is right... maybe I'm getting old...? LOL :D
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • and I just want to point out that I was one of the muddy people at Woodstock in 1994, so I'm not THAT anal... just not my cup of tea anymore I guess...

:D

Well if you ARE... you're never too old to find your youth again :p ... and this is the perfect way to do it... go out there and get dirty and mucky and fuck it cos everyone else will be the same so there's no need to even let it weigh on your mind for one second.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    If there are no showers I am out.. unless I can just go for one day and then get the fuck out after seeing PJ.
    I'm holding out for the Gorge, which they will anounce 20 minutes after you guys buy $250 Bonnnnnarrroooorororoanaroooo tickets!
  • memememe Posts: 4,695
    and I just want to point out that I was one of the muddy people at Woodstock in 1994, so I'm not THAT anal... just not my cup of tea anymore I guess...

Now I have a question for you... what if it did turn out that LZ will indeed reunite for a show at Bonnaroo, and you could with good confidence exclude there would be other dates?

I think I'd go, heat, mud, no shower n all :D
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • pjtaper wrote:
    If there are no showers I am out.. unless I can just go for one day and then get the fuck out after seeing PJ.
    I'm holding out for the Gorge, which they will anounce 20 minutes after you guys buy $250 Bonnnnnarrroooorororoanaroooo tickets!

Red Rocks :D
    Red Rocks :D
    RED ROCKS!!!!
    Patrick, maybe you should give up on the Alpine and shoot for Red Rocks now?
    I swore I wouldn't go to Red Rocks EVER until PJ played another show there... it has been 13 years since they played a show at red rocks.
  • chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    :D

Well if you ARE... you're never too old to find your youth again :p ... and this is the perfect way to do it... go out there and get dirty and mucky and fuck it cos everyone else will be the same so there's no need to even let it weigh on your mind for one second.

If I'm spending $1000 to get muddy and dirty, it better be in a spa on a nice tropical resort. I'm sorry but for me the lineup and accomodations certainly do not justify the cost. Especially when I can wait and spend the same amount of money to see 4 or 5 shows in different parts of this great country.
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    Huh? You think 1 day at lolla is an example of how it will be? :D Did you not go back to your hotel and shower 4 or 5 times throughout the day?

There was no muck at lolla :D you're not a city boy, you're a pussy! :D

And funny thing is... when everyone smells like shit it's not actually the end of the world and you don't even notice after a while :)

im just saying that i couldnt sit at lolla type festival for 4 straight days
    no i didnt go shower at the hotel during the show

you're just a smelly chick,so this festival wont be a problem
    u dont notice it? lol ireland must stink if ur immune to it
  • pjtaper wrote:
    RED ROCKS!!!!
    Patrick, maybe you should give up on the Alpine and shoot for Red Rocks now?
    I swore I wouldn't go to Red Rocks EVER until PJ played another show there... it has been 13 years since they played a show at red rocks.

Well I sure don't wanna bump the Alpine thread. Some around here are sick of seeing it. LOL

Ok maybe I am also, but yea Red Rocks sounds nice. :D
  • NY PJ1 wrote:
    im just saying that i couldnt sit at lolla type festival for 4 straight days
    no i didnt go shower at the hotel during the show

you're just a smelly chick,so this festival wont be a problem
    u dont notice it? lol ireland must stink if ur immune to it
    Yep, it must! :)

Wow, you've WAY too many issues with this shower thing... I love the fact that it seems to bother you :D

I'm sooooooooooooooo glad I don't go through life not being able to do stuff cos it's not clean enough... that really must suck for you :o . It's like being afraid of flying pretty much!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    I am a guy... I don't mind skipping a shower for a few days if I have somewhere to swim, or if I can at least get hosed off... I don't like being sweaty and sticky and trying to sleep like that, still hot as hell...
    I am really on the fence now...
    Yep, it must! :)

Wow, you've WAY too many issues with this shower thing... I love the fact that it seems to bother you :D

I'm sooooooooooooooo glad I don't go through life not being able to do stuff cos it's not clean enough... that really must suck for you :o . It's like being afraid of flying pretty much!

yes i like to be clean,,maybe im a germ phobe but thats just me?
    no one said i dont do dirty things.... i sweat like everyone else i just shower when im done
    and whoever doesn't is a filthy animal who shouldn't be allowed in society

flying? what are u talking about
  • NY PJ1 wrote:
    yes i like to be clean,,maybe im a germ phobe but thats just me?
    no one said i dont do dirty things.... i sweat like everyone else i just shower when im done
    and whoever doesn't is a filthy animal who shouldn't be allowed in society

well that's true... society is about conforming after all :) . So what 'dirty things' do you or have you done on a regular basis without cringing and going 'ewwwwww'? And who said I don't shower? You! Have we met? :p

NY PJ1 wrote:
    flying? what are u talking about
    Fear of flying prevents people from doing trips they really wanna do. Fear of no showers prevents people from seeing Pearl Jam :o they're both pretty similar.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • pjtaper wrote:
    I am a guy... I don't mind skipping a shower for a few days if I have somewhere to swim, or if I can at least get hosed off... I don't like being sweaty and sticky and trying to sleep like that, still hot as hell...
    I am really on the fence now...

You just feel better after a shower no doubt. Comfort is key. :D
    I don't care how much I stink, it is about being comfortable... I can't really enjoy a show if I am greasy, hot, and uncomfortable... now if we can bring in our own huge water bottles, you can always get a portable shower and I'd be fine with that...
  • chromiam wrote:
    If I'm spending $1000 to get muddy and dirty, it better be in a spa on a nice tropical resort. I'm sorry but for me the lineup and accomodations certainly do not justify the cost. Especially when I can wait and spend the same amount of money to see 4 or 5 shows in different parts of this great country.

I know I said I was leaving.... but I have to agree with you, that's the main reason why I'm not going. For my and husband it would around that much $1000 total and the line up is less that impressing IMO (besides PJ of course) ... $1000 gets me a few PJ only shows.... and I can go back home or the hotel and shower :D

conclusion: my decision is not based on the mud, but the bands not justifying the cost of the trip... :p
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • pjtaper wrote:
    I don't care how much I stink, it is about being comfortable... I can't really enjoy a show if I am greasy, hot, and uncomfortable... now if we can bring in our own huge water bottles, you can always get a portable shower and I'd be fine with that...
    yeh I agree with ya there.

and you probably CAN bring in your huge water bottles :) POWER SHOWER!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • well that's true... society is about conforming after all :) . So what 'dirty things' do you or have you done on a regular basis without cringing and going 'ewwwwww'? And who said I don't shower? You! Have we met? :p

Fear of flying prevents people from doing trips they really wanna do. Fear of no showers prevents people from seeing Pearl Jam :o they're both pretty similar.

I have met you, Hels and I thought you were sparkly clean :D
  • I have met you, Hels and I thought you were sparkly clean :D
    :D My body perhaps... but my mouth could certainly do with a good wash out one of these days

And lol, funny you should say that... first time I met you, I had just came from the airport to the hotel, showered and ran out to meet you lot. My hair was even still wet.

Reason I remember it so clearly was cos... that was the last shower I've had :cool: :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • :D My body perhaps... but my mouth could certainly do with a good wash out one of these days

And lol, funny you should say that... first time I met you, I had just came from the airport to the hotel, showered and ran out to meet you lot. My hair was even still wet.

Reason I remember it so clearly was cos... that was the last shower I've had :cool : : D

I have a bit of a potty mouth myself from time to time .. I think it just means we are sassy :p

Well to be fair it did pour rain on the Saturday so you could call that your LAST shower ;)
    well that's true... society is about conforming after all :) . So what 'dirty things' do you or have you done on a regular basis without cringing and going 'ewwwwww'? And who said I don't shower? You! Have we met? :p

i sweat during sporting activities,
    i sweat like a pig during concerts
    summer activity i enjoy is surf-casting and i use dirty clam bellies as bait

i dont cringe , like i said when i finish i shower simple

u said u roll out of bed into your clothes not me

and fear of no showers isnt keeping me from pearl jam
    your running your mouth on this one

i just have no interest in camping in the middle of no-where for 4 days to see a few bands
    especially when i know they will be playing more shows in a semi-normal environment
  • but it IS smug... fair enough I understand the reasons some people can't go. And if they said 'nah, I'm going to wait and see IF they annouce something else' but to say 'I'm going to wait UNTIL they announce something else' is simply tempting fate... it's like the commentators curse.
    you are wrong
    Mansfield II: # 23, since '03

routine was the theme..

there aint gonna be any middle any more
  • I have a bit of a potty mouth myself from time to time .. I think it just means we are sassy :p

Well to be fair it did pour rain on the Saturday so you could call that your LAST shower ;)
    that's true... my feet got a good soaking that day too :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • NY PJ1 wrote:

and fear of no showers isnt keeping me from pearl jam
    your running your mouth on this one
    Ahahahahahahahaha... I'M running my mouth on this one? :D:D:D

You're the one who brings it up all the time since I said I don't shower in the morning :D I think you may need to talk to somebody :o cos in my vast experience of house sharing, most people are evening shower people!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • you are wrong
    Ok... thank you for your input. Your opinion is valued :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life