Options

Can everybody PUHLEEEEZE stop tempting fate?

Comments

• Options
    Somebody obviously hasn't yet discovered the wonder that is... BABY WIPES :eek:

Oh... MY... GOD!!!!!!!!!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533

Oh... MY... GOD!!!!!!!!!

replacing a shower??

ummmm k
  • Options
    Pj_Gurl wrote:
    My sentiments exactly Dunk. I am afraid our life must seem very dull and quiet compared to theirs. I was thinking of writing to them and explaining we are but eight score young blondes and brunettes, all between sixteen and nineteen-and-a-half, cut off in this castle with no one to protect us. Oooh. It is a lonely life: bathing, dressing, undressing, making exciting underwear......nothing to keep our spirits up apart from the possibility of advance notice of tour dates......

Do you think it might work?

Write to me! I'll anounce some tour dates for ya!
  • Options

Oh... MY... GOD!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry but I gotta disagree with that... there is NO WAY baby wipes take away that stench of sweaty yucky people or would make me feel any cleaner...

When I thought about going I never thought of camping for 4 days...I would camp for 4 days anywhere else (i.e camping trips) but not at a festival were people are jumping and dancing, body painting and rolling the mud and have no access to showers.... baby wipes definately are no solution.. yuck :eek: IMO
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    I'm sorry but I gotta disagree with that... there is NO WAY baby wipes take away that stench of sweaty yucky people or would make me feel any cleaner...

When I thought about going I never thought of camping for 4 days...I would camp for 4 days anywhere else (i.e camping trips) but not at a festival were people are jumping and dancing, body painting and rolling the mud and have no access to showers.... baby wipes definately are no solution.. yuck :eek: IMO
    hehehehehehehehe...............

after 3-4 days out there....

there are just some parts of both the female and male anatomy....

where baby wipes just are not gonna do the trick....

hehehehehehehehehehehe..................

good morning sunshine.....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    There WILL be other shows... whether this year or next. So bye bye Bonnaroo, everyone have fun and enjoy getting mud and dirt out of your eyes, ears, mouth and ass for weeks afterwards ;)
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • Options

no showers are common with our irish lad ,, so dont waste ur time
  • Options
    chromiam wrote:
    There WILL be other shows... whether this year or next. So bye bye Bonnaroo, everyone have fun and enjoy getting mud and dirt out of your eyes, ears, mouth and ass for weeks afterwards ;)
    "heres mud in you ass!!!!!"

*toasts his coffee cup*

hehehehe............
  • Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
    dunkman is absolutely correct about communication from the band. I was so impressed that Radiohead named the North American cities in advance that I nearly didn't question why others (PJ, specifically) don't do that.

They did. When Ten Club was smaller-staffed and less-expensive, we got the entire tour itinerary in advance on a postcard and still had first dibs on tickets.

It wouldn't hurt Pearl Jam to make some sort of clarification as soon as they can confirm "We'll be playing South Carolina, but not South Dakota."

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Options
    hehehehehehehehe...............

after 3-4 days out there....

there are just some parts of both the female and male anatomy....

where baby wipes just are not gonna do the trick....

hehehehehehehehehehehe..................

good morning sunshine.....

Good Morning ;)

I agree.... after 3-4 days without showering in Tennesse summer heat, with another 70 people sweating around you ... hmmmm I'm sure that could prove dangerously yucky and dangerously smelly!!!! LOL :D

....mud in my ass not my idea of fun anyways... :D
  • Options
    chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    "heres mud in you ass!!!!!"

*toasts his coffee cup*

hehehehe............

I forgot to mention green and blue paint as well... :)
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • Options
    Good Morning ;)

I agree.... after 3-4 days without showering in Tennesse summer heat, with another 70 people sweating around you ... hmmmm I'm sure that could prove dangerously yucky and dangerously smelly!!!! LOL :D

....mud in my ass not my idea of fun anyways... :D
    i could probably go on a "roll" here......with your "mud in my ass comment"...for a few hours here......but for once in my life...

im gonna just keep my mouth shut.....hehehehehe

and there are showers at bonnaroo.....they may not be the "ritz carlton"....

but there are showers......
  • Options
    Good Morning ;)

I agree.... after 3-4 days without showering in Tennesse summer heat, with another 70 people sweating around you ... hmmmm I'm sure that could prove dangerously yucky and dangerously smelly!!!! LOL

....mud in my ass not my idea of fun anyways...
    True... well my only festival experience was in Ireland... where it rained the whole time and was pretty damn cold :eek: and we didn't get into crowds at any stage either... so baby wipes were fantastic :)

Sure sign you're getting old when the first thing that comes into your head when presented with the idea of camping is 'what? No shower?' :p

A bit of muck generally doesn't kill ya.

And how the hell do ya get mud in yer arse? :eek:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    chromiam wrote:

I'm with you... I mean no one knows 100%, who could? unless your in the band BUT I'm pretty sure we'll have concert opportunities either on 2008 or 2009 and when I weigh going to Bonnaroo and spending all that cash and not be able to shower or wait until they announce another show.. the choice for me is clear.. I just dont see why a few are making such a big deal about people choosing to wait and sit this one out until there is other shows... I'm comfortable with my decision and confident they'll play somewhere else sooner than we all think :)
  • Options

Sure sign you're getting old when the first thing that comes into your head when presented with the idea of camping is 'what? No shower?' :p

Not really... that's why I said I would go camping no problem, I've gone camping before, to the woods, to the beach etc... it's a whole different story when you are out camping under that heat for 4 days with no shower and in a concert environment....

.... I could be getting old I guess... after all I am turning 30 this year ... :p
  • Options
    I'm with you... I mean no one knows 100%, who could? unless your in the band BUT I'm pretty sure we'll have concert opportunities either on 2008 or 2009 and when I weigh going to Bonnaroo and spending all that cash and not be able to shower or wait until they announce another show.. the choice for me is clear.. I just dont see why a few are making such a big deal about people choosing to wait and sit this one out until there is other shows... I'm comfortable with my decision and confident they'll play somewhere else sooner than we all think :)
    if you mean it's ME making a big deal about people choosing to wait and sit this one out... well you obviously haven't listened to a word I said :D

I thought you finally understood where I was coming from a few posts ago.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    I just came in the house after shoveling out the driveway......AGAIN. LOL

This thread is cracking me up. :D
  • Options
    Not really... that's why I said I would go camping no problem, I've gone camping before, to the woods, to the beach etc... it's a whole different story when you are out camping under that heat for 4 days with no shower and in a concert environment....

.... I could be getting old I guess... after all I am turning 30 this year ... :p
    :eek:

I know you just quoted that bit... but if you read the rest of the post you're referring to... you'd know I'm agreeing with ya. Baby wipes are JUST FINE when there's no sweat involved :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Cincinnati, Ohio Posts: 3,626
    A bit of muck generally doesn't kill ya.

exactly. it adds to the ambience.

and mud is good for the skin, its theraputic :D
    Nice shirt.
  • Options
    exactly. it adds to the ambience.

:D I'm just picturing certain people here having to say go fishing or do anything outdoorsy... :eek: 'but look... it's muck... I need to go shower... where's the shower... what? No shower???'

:eek:

Here's a picture from my one camping festival experience and what I have in my head... which obviously won't be how it is

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i78/HeinekenHelen/Oxegen%20Festival%20-%2007th%20-%2010th%20July%202006/Image015_16A.jpg?t=1202396417
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options

What makes you think it's all mud? lol
  • Options
    Once you simply THINK it is... that's enough :)

Wow, some of you are so prim and proper :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    dunkman wrote:
    yeah i know.. but it tells everything you need to know.. :):D

also whats wrong with doing this:-

hi folks, get your memberships up-to-date as we are announcing tourdates on 1st March for a full North American tour including the south, north and middle... cut off date for members to be active is Feb 29th.

instead of

" tweet, members please be up-to-date.. new things..." and then its a book.

:rolleyes:

ahah... that's funny. And I agree :)
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    the email and the election and the fact that they have their equipment out
    all leads to the facts of more shows
  • Options
    Once you simply THINK it is... that's enough :)

Wow, some of you are so prim and proper :D

So are you making the trip to TN?
  • Options
    QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Cincinnati, Ohio Posts: 3,626

wishful thinking.
    Nice shirt.
  • Options
    in_hiding79in_hiding79 Posts: 4,315
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    no showers are common with our irish lad ,, so dont waste ur time

ewwwwww.....:(
    And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...,"
    "What a stupid lamb."
    "What a sick, masochistic lion."
  • Options
    So are you making the trip to TN?
    Nope :(

Was gonna and have been planning it in my head for months and I'd still love to... til I realised it was completely unrealistic :D

I could afford it... but it would be my only trip this year... and I'd rather have 4 or 5 trips closer to home than one big one far away. There are also other reasons that I'd like to keep my trips closer to home this year anyway... well one!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    ewwwwww.....:(
    since NYPJ1 and I have never met, its obvious he's doing his usual talking through his arse :D

Cos I mentioned I don't have showers in the morning :rolleyes:

I'm an evening shower person :) but he ran with it... and he's still running... so... run forrest RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN :p
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    I'm not being smug, I'm just making sure Metallica never sees a dime of my money. I would really like to see especailly PJ, MMJ, Raconteurs, Death Cab, and some of the older acts.

However, Metallica is not getting a dime from me and I'm not getting into that crowd to see PJ when I'll catch them next time on tour and MMJ will prolly tour for sure since they have a new album coming. Bonnaroo has turned into such a joke. Sorry to see it come to this, and I'm not trying to be smug, but not goin for various reasons and I'm only like 3 hrs away.

It's sad, it really is what it has turned into. I'm all for balancing making a profit, putting on a good show, appealing to multiple musical and fan bases, but Metallica, Kanye, 4 days of 90 degree heat, walking 7 miles a day, and the increased scrutiny this year on having a good time with various intoxicants (all natural of course) that will obviously come with Mainstream crowds, no thanks. This will turn into a disaster this year, just a guess.
    "That's part of the curse: If you're gonna play the song, you better play it. I've tried to phone in "Jeremy" a few times, and it's tough. It doesn't work."

EV