Options

Can everybody PUHLEEEEZE stop tempting fate?

Comments

• Options
    i could probably go on a "roll" here......with your "mud in my ass comment"...for a few hours here......but for once in my life...

im gonna just keep my mouth shut.....hehehehehe

I appreciate it! LOL :p

and there are showers at bonnaroo.....they may not be the "ritz carlton"....

but there are showers......

well as long as there is clean water coming out of them I guess that'd do the trick..... but do you have to pay more to have access to showers?
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    I'm not being smug, I'm just making sure Metallica never sees a dime of my money. I would really like to see especailly PJ, MMJ, Raconteurs, Death Cab, and some of the older acts.

However, Metallica is not getting a dime from me and I'm not getting into that crowd to see PJ when I'll catch them next time on tour and MMJ will prolly tour for sure since they have a new album coming. Bonnaroo has turned into such a joke. Sorry to see it come to this, and I'm not trying to be smug, but not goin for various reasons and I'm only like 3 hrs away.

It's sad, it really is what it has turned into. I'm all for balancing making a profit, putting on a good show, appealing to multiple musical and fan bases, but Metallica, Kanye, 4 days of 90 degree heat, walking 7 miles a day, and the increased scrutiny this year on having a good time with various intoxicants (all natural of course) that will obviously come with Mainstream crowds, no thanks. This will turn into a disaster this year, just a guess.

wow u make it sound awesome !!!!!!! lol
  • Options
    since NYPJ1 and I have never met, its obvious he's doing his usual talking through his arse :D

Cos I mentioned I don't have showers in the morning :rolleyes:

I'm an evening shower person :) but he ran with it... and he's still running... so... run forrest RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN :p

dont try and backtrack princecess dirtyness
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    dont try and backtrack princecess dirtyness
    hardly backtracking :D I just never felt the need to waste my time explaining myself... but since I found it so funny that you seem to think it somehow annoys me... I thought I'd point out the retardedness of it all :D

Anywho... stop trying to derail as usual :p
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    if you mean it's ME making a big deal about people choosing to wait and sit this one out... well you obviously haven't listened to a word I said :D

I thought you finally understood where I was coming from a few posts ago.

No I didnt mean you in that post.. there was some folk calling us close minded for not wanting to go see other bands yesterday... I understood what you meant with the IF and UNTIL as I had pointed before....
  • Options
    I appreciate it! LOL :p

well as long as there is clean water coming out of them I guess that'd do the trick..... but do you have to pay more to have access to showers?
    from what i have read....

showers will provided...at select locations throughout the campground

so im gonna say you dont have to pay more money.."VIP"...just to take a shower.....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    honestly i cant imagine not showering for 4 days

when i was in the SAS we didnt shower for 4 days... and we drank our own boiled piss for water..

4 days of not showering wont kill you amigo... might make you smell but everyone else thats there will smell anyway... its a festival, needs must... oh and they'll have a hairdresser there and a fucking top class muffin stall
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    :eek:

I know you just quoted that bit... but if you read the rest of the post you're referring to... you'd know I'm agreeing with ya. Baby wipes are JUST FINE when there's no sweat involved :o

Yeah I read that you pointed that you had been to a festival where it was cold and raining so the rain had help with the baby wipes.... I was commenting on the gettin' old part....
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    when i was in the SAS we didnt shower for 4 days... and we drank our own boiled piss for water..

4 days of not showering wont kill you amigo... might make you smell but everyone else thats there will smell anyway... its a festival, needs must... oh and they'll have a hairdresser there and a fucking top class muffin stall
    :D LMFAO... dunk, don't try and talk him into it... spare a thought for the other 10s of thousands of filthy arsed fuckers who'll be going :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Cincinnati, Ohio Posts: 3,626
    from what i have read....

showers will provided...at select locations throughout the campground

so im gonna say you dont have to pay more money.."VIP"...just to take a shower.....

yep....from what i've read there are free communal showers,
    but the lines can be horrendous. imagine that.
    Nice shirt.
  • Options
    No I didnt mean you in that post.. there was some folk calling us close minded for not wanting to go see other bands yesterday... I understood what you meant with the IF and UNTIL as I had pointed before....
    Ah fair enough... although I think the people complaining were complaining to those who said 'there is not ONE good band on that list apart from PJ'. I find it amazing that there are people who actually KNOW every single band on that list :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    yep....from what i've read there are free communal showers,
    but the lines can be horrendous. imagine that.

Long lines suck anyway. Waiting in line to get a shower....no thanks. hehehe :D
  • Options
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:

sas is military ?

where did i say it would kill ya?

i said you will smell like shit

and x amount of thousands of stinking people doesn't sound to fun
    i can just go to ireland if i want that

1 day at lolla was enough for me ,,its not my bag im a city boy
  • Options
    fuck it...i like this one better....

http://www.preparedness.com/porsunsolsho.html

for $50 i can shower every day....with hot water...
  • Options

HEY!
    I had one of those but with no curtain... I had completely forgotten...!
    I didn't even think about it when I thought about Bonnaroo at the beginning... I used to take that when camping at the beach.. I dont like bathing in salt water... ;) (damn am I picky!!!)
  • Options
    HEY!
    I had one of those but with no curtain... I had completely forgotten...!
    I didn't even think about it when I thought about Bonnaroo at the beginning... I used to take that when camping at the beach.. I dont like bathing in salt water... ;) (damn am I picky!!!)
    i havent gone camping in years......

and i realize bonaroo is just a dirt field.....but fuck it..

im gonna pack my grill...my coolers....my PORTABLE FUCKING SHOWER!!!

and im gonna have a fun 4 days....

and i think you and your hubby should do the same....
  • Options
    rhinomagic wrote:
    When Ten Club was smaller-staffed and less-expensive, we got the entire tour itinerary in advance on a postcard and still had first dibs on tickets.
    i remember that! and having to send a check or money order to get your tickets. it was like placing a scholastic book order back in grade school.

geez it seems like such a long time ago :o *sigh*

as for 'roo, even if i get to take a shower, there's the rest of the unwashed masses funkin' the joint up. i'd be carrying a bottle of febreze and lysol and tagging hippies left and right
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    I dont like bathing in salt water... ;) (damn am I picky!!!)

damn straight you are... imagine a nuclear holocaust in the US... they'd be about 67 survivors simply because the others would have all died of having no fast food and no running water for 'a shower'

this thread makes me want to go back into the wilds of Scotland for a long weekend again ... i miss doing that :(
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    i havent gone camping in years......

and i realize bonaroo is just a dirt field.....but fuck it..

im gonna pack my grill...my coolers....my PORTABLE FUCKING SHOWER!!!

and im gonna have a fun 4 days....

and i think you and your hubby should do the same....

why do you need a portable shower???? YOU WILL HAVE A FUCKIN RV!!! :D
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    sas is military ?

where did i say it would kill ya?

i said you will smell like shit

and x amount of thousands of stinking people doesn't sound to fun
    i can just go to ireland if i want that

1 day at lolla was enough for me ,,its not my bag im a city boy
    Huh? You think 1 day at lolla is an example of how it will be? :D Did you not go back to your hotel and shower 4 or 5 times throughout the day?

There was no muck at lolla :D you're not a city boy, you're a pussy! :D

And funny thing is... when everyone smells like shit it's not actually the end of the world and you don't even notice after a while :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options

as for 'roo, even if i get to take a shower, there's the rest of the unwashed masses funkin' the joint up. i'd be carrying a bottle of febreze and lysol and tagging hippies left and right

LOL! that was one funny visual....
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:

this thread makes me want to go back into the wilds of Scotland for a long weekend again ... i miss doing that :(
    :o I know what ya mean... sometimes I wonder if too much time in the city will make me like that too :o

I need to go have a mud bath :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    damn straight you are... imagine a nuclear holocaust in the US... they'd be about 67 survivors simply because the others would have all died of having no fast food and no running water for 'a shower'

I'm sure I'd do whatever I need to do in an extreme circumstance and for the record I dont eat fast food... but to pay over $800 for me a my husband to be uncomfortable, in the mud, hot as shit only to see PJ .. I dont think so.. we'll wait...
  • Options
    chromiam wrote:
    there is no water hookup.....

r.v. holds 50 or so gallons of fresh water......

ill be fine....

i was just showing people there are ways to get around the no shower situation.....
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    chromiam wrote:

Yes I was wondering that about him too! Maybe he wants the outdoor exprerience hehe.

I just don't know right now. I am 50-50 about it! Lolla was great, and I don't mind the dirt for one day, hell we went to Warped and that was dirty due to all the circle pits going on, but was a blast, and I'd still manage a shower at the end of the day. Its always fun to plan for the new year though.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options

ill be fine....

i was just showing people there are ways to get around the no shower situation.....

Well I'm glad you are going! I'm sure it'll be so much fun! is Laura coming along?

Ima go, ive been glued to the board all morning I need to get ready for work..

... I'll be glued later.. :D
  • Options
    chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114

ill be fine....

True but you can get water fill ups and disposal for a fee ($50 or so, I think I read)... hell if I was spending all that money to be there, rent the RV, eat, drink and be merry, $50 or $100 more wouldn't stand in my way of taking a few navy showers and having to fill up or empty the water tanks once or twice. I'd consider it an alternative to spending $50 to $100 on tshirts which will shrink or wear out 6 months after the show ;)
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • Options
    pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    only read the beginning of the first post, but yea, that is kinda how I'm feeling..
    I don't want to spend $500 on myself/gf's tix, then the next day someone announces a Gorge show and I say "Shit, for the price of two Bonnorrrooaaaa tickets we could have covered plane tickets to the Gorge"

Decisions, decisions... damn you 10C!