Can everybody PUHLEEEEZE stop tempting fate?

Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
edited February 2008 in The Porch
By being all smug saying 'I'm not going to bonnaroo cos they're gonna do what they do every year and announce a tour afterwards' :eek:

If I were the band reading that I may be tempted to think 'hahah, fuck these smug bastards and let's just do the one concert after all... let's cancel that world tour we had planned'

So please... just stop it :o

Thank you :)
The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
Verona??? it's all surmountable
Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
Wembley? We all believe!
Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
Chicago 07? And love
What a different life
Had I not found this love with you
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    you know what i find strange about how PJ works?

radiohead and white stripes announced all their shows for all their tours on the same date.. Radiohead even announced their North American tour and gave all the states that they would be playing in... they did this without giving out venue or date information... the benfit is that their fans can see instantly "oh they are not playing Nebraska but they are playing Idaho.. cool"

you know with PJ it was a case of release some dates, release some more, do a north leg of the states and NOT CONFIRM they were not doing a southern leg of the states.

a band that tours as often as PJ should be experts in the planning of a tour.. so they should do the following

Hi folks its tour time

we will be playing the following states

(insert 17 state names here)

and the tour will begin in (month) and end in (month) ... confirmed venues and dates will be released on (insert date here)

we will NOT be touring anywhere else other than the above mentioned, thanks for supporting the band

see you there

oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • geniegenie Posts: 2,222
    By being all smug saying 'I'm not going to bonnaroo cos they're gonna do what they do every year and announce a tour afterwards' :eek:

If I were the band reading that I may be tempted to think 'hahah, fuck these smug bastards and let's just do the one concert after all... let's cancel that world tour we had planned'

well i can see their point, if i'm just going to go there to see one band why should i pay money to see everyone else who i don't like, and waste my money and time.
  • dunkman wrote:

radiohead and white stripes announced all their shows for all their tours on the same date.. Radiohead even announced their North American tour and gave all the states that they would be playing in... they did this without giving out venue or date information... the benfit is that their fans can see instantly "oh they are not playing Nebraska but they are playing Idaho.. cool"

you know with PJ it was a case of release some dates, release some more, do a north leg of the states and NOT CONFIRM they were not doing a southern leg of the states.

a band that tours as often as PJ should be experts in the planning of a tour.. so they should do the following

Hi folks its tour time

and the tour will begin in (month) and end in (month) ... confirmed venues and dates will be released on (insert date here)

we will NOT be touring anywhere else other than the above mentioned, thanks for supporting the band

see you there

That would be far to easy for them though.
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
    That would be far to easy for them though.

so it seems... i mean i get emails all the time from White Stripes and REM and such like

White Stripes email fans with everything.. i mean everything.. today i got one telling me this:-

"The White Stripes are pleased to announce the release of "Conquista", a Spanish language version of their current hit "Conquest". The single will be released on CD and 7" vinyl in the U.S on February 19th and in the U.K shortly after.

The release will appear credited to Las Rayas Blancas and comes with the following track listing:

1 or A. Conquista
    2 or B. Conquest (Versión Acústica De Mariachi)

"Conquista" comes replete with its own Spanish language version of the Diane Martel video. The "Conquista" video will premiere on Mun2s The Shuffle on Thursday Feb 7th, along with an exclusive interview with Jack White. It will be aired again on Pepsi Música on Mun2 on Friday February 8th.

Thanks,
    The White Stripes Newsletter Team "

i mean i didnt even know Ed Vedder had done a version of All Along The Watchtower until i finally found an article about it on Mojo or something... no sticky on here, no email ... nothing.. and yet its new material from the lead singer of Pearl Jam... a new song ffs... isnt that more newsworthy than selling a poster book?

white stripes email about anything the band is doing.. i still havent got an emial announcing Bonaroo... which is like PJ's only appearance so far this year!! shouldnt that be emailed to everyone just to let them know :confused:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Well, I'm not going to Bonnaroo because spending $1500 to see PJ is too much. Plus they're gonna play other shows :)
    NERDS!
  • dunkman wrote:
    so it seems... i mean i get emails all the time from White Stripes and REM and such like

White Stripes email fans with everything.. i mean everything.. today i got one telling me this:-

"The White Stripes are pleased to announce the release of "Conquista", a Spanish language version of their current hit "Conquest". The single will be released on CD and 7" vinyl in the U.S on February 19th and in the U.K shortly after.

The release will appear credited to Las Rayas Blancas and comes with the following track listing:

1 or A. Conquista
    2 or B. Conquest (Versión Acústica De Mariachi)

"Conquista" comes replete with its own Spanish language version of the Diane Martel video. The "Conquista" video will premiere on Mun2s The Shuffle on Thursday Feb 7th, along with an exclusive interview with Jack White. It will be aired again on Pepsi Música on Mun2 on Friday February 8th.

Thanks,
    The White Stripes Newsletter Team "

i mean i didnt even know Ed Vedder had done a version of All Along The Watchtower until i finally found an article about it on Mojo or something... no sticky on here, no email ... nothing.. and yet its new material from the lead singer of Pearl Jam... a new song ffs... isnt that more newsworthy than selling a poster book?

white stripes email about anything the band is doing.. i still havent got an emial announcing Bonaroo... which is like PJ's only appearance so far this year!! shouldnt that be emailed to everyone just to let them know :confused:

Nice plug for The White Stripes there :rolleyes:
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    dunkman wrote:

Hi folks its tour time

see you there

My sentiments exactly Dunk. I am afraid our life must seem very dull and quiet compared to theirs. I was thinking of writing to them and explaining we are but eight score young blondes and brunettes, all between sixteen and nineteen-and-a-half, cut off in this castle with no one to protect us. Oooh. It is a lonely life: bathing, dressing, undressing, making exciting underwear......nothing to keep our spirits up apart from the possibility of advance notice of tour dates......

Do you think it might work?
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,558
    Yes im on the rush mailing list and they send many emails out about pre sales and everything.
    Nice plug for The White Stripes there :rolleyes:

yeah i know.. but it tells everything you need to know.. :):D

also whats wrong with doing this:-

hi folks, get your memberships up-to-date as we are announcing tourdates on 1st March for a full North American tour including the south, north and middle... cut off date for members to be active is Feb 29th.

instead of

" tweet, members please be up-to-date.. new things..." and then its a book.

:rolleyes:
  • You're all in the wrong thread :mad:

:p

I wasn't complaining or asking WHY they don't preannounce their entire plans for the year cos there are millions of threads already covering that. I was suggesting that to be so smug and presumptious to say 'I'm not going to bonnaroo... I'm waiting for whatever they announce afterwards' is simply to tempt fate so stop it all y'all :p
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Well, I'm not going to Bonnaroo because spending $1500 to see PJ is too much. Plus they're gonna play other shows :)

Bingo :D
  • I think we would have to face the fact that the PJ Management is different from other bands.

Don't get me wrong, i love the band, but their management is far from being professional, i don't see why they keep as a top secret tour dates, info, news, etc. from the band and like dunk said, we have to find our own resources to figure out what the fuck are they doing. And at the end they announce things like it was a big deal when it's too late.
    I feel very close to you all now; so close I could almost... loan you money. Really. it goes that deep.
    -Tom Waits-

Everybody should believe in something...I believe i'll have another drink - anonymous -

Ah that's just drunk talk, sweet beautiful drunk talk.
    -Barney Gumble-
  • geniegenie Posts: 2,222
    You're all in the wrong thread :mad:

:p

i'm not :p:D i understood you prefectly well :)
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    ur not the band
  • genie wrote:
    i'm not :p:D i understood you prefectly well
    :) Phew... and thanks NYPJ1 for stating the obvious :) what WOULD we do without you? :confused:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • has anyone stopped to think that the reason they've not announced anything else yet is because there is nothing confirmed.

Announcing their appearance at Bonaroo probably had nothing to do with PJs management. It's not their show so they probably had no control over that announcement.

They may well have things planned but it's probably not all signed up yet.

If they did post a list of states/cities that they were going to play in and then they didn't I can only imagine that everyone would be up in arms about that.
    A democracy on paper, apparently well ordered, regularly subverted by irrational chaos.

Manchester - 4/6/2000
    London - 20/4/2006
    Dublin - 23/8/2006
    London - 18/6/2007
    New York City - 24/6/2008
    New York City - 25/6/2008 - we will be "what is up" New York
    Manchester - 18/8/2009
    Manchester - 20/6/2012
    Leeds - 6/7/2014
    London - 18/6/2018
  • chinobaezachinobaeza Posts: 2,489
    for a moment I thought I was at AET!!!...what are you doing here guys/girls? go back to AET. hurry, hurry
  • has anyone stopped to think that the reason they've not announced anything else yet is because there is nothing confirmed.
    Exactly! If something was confirmed or even in the works, more than likely there'd be SOME leak or rumour doing the rounds... but as it stands this is all we've got to go on right now.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • 4Powers204Powers20 Posts: 1,227
    I am guessing they have an agreement not to announce any other dates until after roo tix go on sale. Why would they want thier headliner and biggest draw to tell everyone they are playing other shows? They want you to buy roo tix because they know thier other shows will sell out regardless if they announced 5 months or 3 days in advance.

Remember last years Lolla announcement. "Only North American date this year." I dont remember seeing that in the roo announcement.

"We're running out of beer, too?" EV 6/19/08

• BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    dunkman wrote:

Hi folks its tour time

see you there

Jesus, you get yourself a castle and suddenly it's nothiing but decree's and judgement :rolleyes:

:D
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
    Binaural wrote:
    Jesus, you get yourself a castle and suddenly it's nothiing but decree's and judgement :rolleyes:

well.. its just a wee bit annoying sometimes... :o
    I was suggesting that to be so smug and presumptious to say 'I'm not going to bonnaroo... I'm waiting for whatever they announce afterwards' is simply to tempt fate so stop it all y'all :p

thats not smug or presumptuous.. thats being hopeful :confused:

if they announced Glastonbury and there might be a chance that they did 5 or 6 shows in europe would you spend a shitload to see them in a muddy field or hang on in the hope that they announced other shows.

for secret santa next year can someone buy Hells a dictionary!!!... actually leave the tionary part off ;):p
  • luvisatowerluvisatower Posts: 1,078
    4Powers20 wrote:
    I am guessing they have an agreement not to announce any other dates until after roo tix go on sale. Why would they want thier headliner and biggest draw to tell everyone they are playing other shows? They want you to buy roo tix because they know thier other shows will sell out regardless if they announced 5 months or 3 days in advance.

Remember last years Lolla announcement. "Only North American date this year." I dont remember seeing that in the roo announcement.

and with the last part of your post there...hope grows :)
    you are correct
    there's nothing in the bonnaroo announcement about it being the ONLY show this year like there was with last year's Lolla announcement.
    and i'd like to think if this were THE only one, they'd tell us
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Get it now, get enough, before its gone, let's everybody carry on, carry on....
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team
    http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com

"headphones are highly recommended...." Jeff Ament
  • BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    dunkman wrote:

well.. its just a wee bit annoying sometimes... :o
    Just don't kick the shit out of the Jester, my second cousin 13 times removed was a jester type for King Leonidas, got the flu one day and sneezed on his robes by accident next thing you know the guy screems "This is COTTON!!!" and my cousin is booted down a well, it's a disgrace the family still haven't coped with :rolleyes:
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
  • By being all smug saying 'I'm not going to bonnaroo cos they're gonna do what they do every year and announce a tour afterwards' :eek:

I dont think it's about being smug at all, for many of us is about not dishing out upwards of $500+, a lot more if you are a couple, to see them at one show when more than likely you'll see them later, 2008 or 2009.. I personally after much thinking prefer to save my money and see a 2 or 3 shows even if a have to wait longer. I dont see anything smug about that. IMO
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • I dont think it's about being smug at all, for many of us is about not dishing out upwards of $500+, a lot more if you are a couple, to see them at one show when more than likely you'll see them later, 2008 or 2009.. I personally after much thinking prefer to save my money and see a 2 or 3 shows even if a have to wait longer. I dont see anything smug about that. IMO
    but it IS smug... fair enough I understand the reasons some people can't go. And if they said 'nah, I'm going to wait and see IF they annouce something else' but to say 'I'm going to wait UNTIL they announce something else' is simply tempting fate... it's like the commentators curse.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • but it IS smug... fair enough I understand the reasons some people can't go. And if they said 'nah, I'm going to wait and see IF they annouce something else' but to say 'I'm going to wait UNTIL they announce something else' is simply tempting fate... it's like the commentators curse.

I see what you are trying to say, I dont know if they are going announce more shows, I hope they do even if its 1 or 2 I'll fly anywhere this year to go see them on a PJ only show, and I am going to sit this one out because the money can definately be more useful if "they were" to announce more shows... I think its hoping and weighing decisions.

If they dont announce more shows I'll be ok, I wont regret not going to Bonnaroo, I'll just wait til next year....

(I see your point as far as the difference in between IF and UNTIL though)
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • I see what you are trying to say, I dont know if they are going announce more shows, I hope they do even if its 1 or 2 I'll fly anywhere this year to go see them on a PJ only show, and I am going to sit this one out because the money can definately be more useful if "they were" to announce more shows... I think its hoping and weighing decisions.

If they dont announce more shows I'll be ok, I wont regret not going to Bonnaroo, I'll just wait til next year....

(I see your point as far as the difference in between IF and UNTIL though)
    :) thanks and I know that's what people MEAN and if they were saying what you were saying above I'd have no problem... there's just so much certainty that they're gonna announce something else, even though there's no other strong rumours, that it's making me nervous :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life

• If they dont announce more shows I'll be ok, I wont regret not going to Bonnaroo, I'll just wait til next year....

Yup thats how I feel too. :)
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    Yup thats how I feel too. :)

make it 3

honestly i cant imagine not showering for 4 days

those people must really stink especially with the concert - sweaty enviroment lol