The Greatest Number of Non-PJ Shows you have been to

Comments

• jondu003jondu003 Posts: 85
    kent (swedish band) 24x
    metallica 11x
    paradise lost 9x
    pearl jam 8x

pj is by far the best live band i've seen. wish they would come to sweden more often...
    2000: Roskilde
    2006: Sydney I,II,III
    2007: London, Copenhagen
    2008: MSG I,II
    2009: Manchester, London
    2010: London
    2011: Toronto I,II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2012: Berlin I,II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen
  • TKDTKD Posts: 163
    svenstephy wrote:
    The Disco Biscuits - 140
    Phish - 40
    PJ - 10
    DMB - 25 from 8th to 10th grade :)

and there are a million other bands that i've seen countless times during festivals, openers, etc....

i.love.live.music.

good to see im not the only tDB fan. I asume most of those were shows with sammy.
    Im a million miles away from home and I cant find a telephone...
  • YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    I've seen 4 artists 15 times or more.

Neil Young - 89
    Drive-By Truckers - 43
    Pearl Jam - 31
    Bruce Springsteen - 16

There's a big list of artists I've seen from 1-12 times. I only saw the Grateful Dead twice as I became a bigger Dead fan after Jerry's passing than when he was alive.
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
  • HEXHEX Posts: 224
    New Model Army.......150+............in 24 years
  • pearljgirl2010pearljgirl2010 Posts: 3,428
    hmmmm

Rage x4
    Mighty Mighty Bosstones I stopped counting over 20
    Dropkick Murphys I stopped counting thats over 20 too!
    Rancid x6
    Tool x3
    u2x5

I think the Dropkick Murphys put on a hell of a show....so fun!!

I think my runner-up to Pearl Jam is....um, Fleetwood Mac or the Moody Blues Yup. when I was a little Janet, I'd go to all the shows my parents went to...including CSN, Chicago, Creedence (revisited), Stevie Nicks, etc...
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • clark_kentclark_kent Posts: 166
    i think i've seen the black crowes 3x, tragically hip 2x. if you count lollapalooza, i've seen silverchair and hold steady 3x apiece as well.

there was a regional band called ekoostik hookah i saw a dozen times or so. they were always a blast. but that was more weekend fun in ohio than anything else.
    "You've never been out of college, you don't know what it's like out there. I've worked in the private sector... they expect results." -Ray

Denny Crane!
  • Left PorchLeft Porch Posts: 846
    I think the Dropkick Murphys put on a hell of a show....so fun!!

LETS GO MURPHYS! Great show to get some serious aggression out, always a blast.
    Uniondale. 2003
    MSG 1+2. 2010
    Wrigley. Brooklyn 2. Hartford. 2013
    St. Louis. Denver. 2014
    Global Citizens Festival. 2015
    MSG 2. Fenway 2. Wrigley 1. 2016
    Safeco 2. Missoula. 2018
  • The hip and marilyn manson 4 times. I have only seen PJ 5 times and 2 EV shows.
  • StuffnJunkStuffnJunk Posts: 896
    phish - 35
    bob dylan - 8
    dmb - 6
    moe. - 6 or 7
    "I'll tell you what: If all I had was Pearl Jam, and I didn't have another band in the world, I would not be worried. Because in there is the essence of making great music. You don't have to use it all at once, but it's there." - Neil Young
  • NWOntarioNWOntario Posts: 826
    I've seen a lot of bands multiple times, but the only one that's even vaguely close to Pearl Jam (23x) is the Tragically Hip (19x). Beyond that, I've seen Sleater-Kinney and Our Lady Peace (don't ask) eight times, Big Sugar seven times...and I'd have to look at a list to see who else I've seen a bunch of times.

Oh--and I've seen Springsteen and the Who five times each. So that's cool.
    Minneapolis 1998 | Jones Beach I & II, Montreal, and Toronto 2000 | Buffalo, State College, Toronto, Montreal and Hershey 2003 | Boston I & II 2004 | Thunder Bay, Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa and Toronto 2005 | Toronto I & II 2006 | The Vic and Lollapalooza 2007 | Calgary and Toronto 2009 | PJ20 I & II, Toronto I & II, Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton 2011 | London, Chicago, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver and Seattle 2013 | Ottawa and Toronto I & II 2016 | Chicago I & II 2018 | Ottawa, Hamilton and Toronto 2022
  • MrStyles420MrStyles420 Posts: 272
    Ted Leo- 9

MMJ-7 :)

Stephen Lynch 7
    '06- Irving Plaza (What a way to see my first PJ concert), Albany, Hartford, Camden I & II, East Rutherford I & II, Pittsburgh

'07- THE VIC!!!, Lollapalooza (Chicago)

'08- Virginia Beach, Camden I & II, Washington D.C., MSG I & II, Hartford, Mansfield I & II,
    EV NY I & II, Newark, DC I & II
    clark_kent wrote:
    i think i've seen the black crowes 3x, tragically hip 2x. if you count lollapalooza, i've seen silverchair and hold steady 3x apiece as well.

there was a regional band called ekoostik hookah i saw a dozen times or so. they were always a blast. but that was more weekend fun in ohio than anything else.
    hell yeah
    the hookhavilles were fun as hell
  • South of SeattleSouth of Seattle Posts: 10,724
    The Roots x 7
    Ben Harper x6
    311 x 5
    J5 x 4
    NERDS!
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Posts: 3,987
    Lloyd Cole, six times.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,261
    Muse - 6
    QOTSA - 5
    Damien Rice - 4
    The Frames - 4
    Faithless - 4
    Interpol - 4
    Kaiser Chiefs - 4
    Rodrigo Y Gabriela - 3
    Chemical Brothers - 3

Radiohead, U2, Sigur Ros, Beck, Neil Young, R.E.M, John Butler Trio, Tenacious D, Green Day, Placebo, Prodigy, Ben Harper - all x2

this thread has made me insanely jealous of some people. my paltry return after 23 years needs some serious numbers boosting. fuck sake :)
  • PJMEMamaPJMEMama Posts: 99
    I LOVED touring with the Dead, and you are so right about the reliability of those tours, and few hassles with tickets...I stopped counting at 50 shows, kept going a few more years then pretty much stopped when I had kids in the mid-90's, although I did see Jerry when I was 8 mos pregnant with my daughter (she is now a Lil Wayne fan - cracks me up) I've seen PJ three times, Phish a bunch of times way way back in the day when they played bars in Burlington VT. Some of the best shows I've seen were Neil Young, STP, Frank Zappa, all in Portland ME. Yahoo! On my list of things to do is to see DMB.
  • pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    Phish - 23
    Gomez - 16
    Explosions in the Sky - 12

A good friend of mine is into Gomez. I am going to have to ask him for a show or two as I am a bit curious..Possible he has seen every show they have ever played from talking to him! ;)...What kind of music do they play?
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • yostaramayostarama Posts: 287
    Primus / Les Claypool = 78. My wife will no longer go see Les!
    Jimmy Buffet = 8
    Pearl Jam = 8
    Willie Nelson = 6
    Any so many others Stones, Dead, Foo Fighters Etc.
    Concert Junkie also.
    The only show I didn't go to that I should have was Nirvana. Last year in college and had to go to Ohio Univ. For halloween weekend. We all know what happened a few months Later. Biggest mistake of my concert life. Later Yostarama
  • angelm20angelm20 Posts: 142
    reblfan wrote:
    This thread is making me insanely jealous. If I ever lose my job, I may just go crazy and follow a bunch of bands around, but the problem is that most of the bands I would want to follow aren't around anymore...GD, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, etc.

Oh ~ man~ that is my wishlist~ to follow PJ would be my dream! I have seen almost all the greats once or twice during the 70s - 80s~( stones x 3-4 maybe even 5, the Who x 3, ACDC x 2, Pink F x 2-3~ Hey I got to go bowling with them and hang all night~ even got the relucant David Gilmore to sign a silly autograph~ oh man theres just too many to mention ~ ive seen actually almost everyone who was still alive and kickin~ but~ then raised 3 kids alone who now have grown up ~only 1 bankrupcy later~ I can only hope to squeeze in one or 2 shows a year....I got to see PJ in WP 06/11 which was Freekin~amazing! It was only my second time.I've seen them when I first moved to Fla they came like in 93~ I broke my piggy bank and made it my kids first concert. I was determined it to be their first cuz I new then that they were the worlds greatest!! My identical twin girls were 9~ my son 11..he ended up in the pit believe it or not and held his own~! Ed climbed the stage and was right over him~ security pulled him up and he ended up staying up there for awhile. Freeked me out cause I couldn't see him~ anyways~ it was memorable for us all~ I still wear the t-shirts from that show around the house even though they are shredded from being worn to death~ they are like sacred to me~
  • Dylan StoneDylan Stone Posts: 1,145
    yostarama wrote:

Concert Junkie also.

The only show I didn't go to that I should have was Nirvana.

Same here... and same here...

I missed Nirvava too.

I've seen countless bands 3-5 times each. Couldn't even begin to list them all.

But...Never Nirvana. :(
  • happy2beherehappy2behere Posts: 148
    bruce - 36x
    squeeze - 21x (a lot of club shows)
    dylan - 10x
    stones - 6x
    billy joel - 8x
    pj - 10x
    jeff buckley - 9x
    aerosmith - 7x
    van morrison - 5x
    police - 5x (4 before '83)

a lot more but these are the 5x group.
  • gozzo5058gozzo5058 Posts: 611
    the pursuit of happiness 12
    Kim Mitchell 10
    Kiss 8
    Sadies 7
    plus tons of others...this thread's question really tests the memory....
    s

Montreal/98, Toronto/00'03'05'06x2, Brad Toronto/02, Buffalo/03, Kitchener/05, London/05, Hamilton/05, Late Show Taping/06, Cleveland/06, Pittsburgh/06, Bridge School Benefit Concert/06, Hartford/08, Mansfield 1/08, EV Montreal/08x2, EV Toronto/08x2...
  • battan1120battan1120 Posts: 310
    Cob wrote:
    Grateful Dead-169
    Phish-21
    RUSH-15

Let me also say this, there will NEVER be another Grateful Dead. As far as trying to compare the touring with Pearl Jam, Grateful Dead would Tour EVERY Spring, Summer, Fall and play shows in December as well, they were ALWAYS touring. The ticket distribution was way different with Grateful Dead, you would mail order your tickets and they would send them to you before the shows, so you wouldn't have to wait in line at the venue. They also made custom tickets for you that didn't look anything like ticket master.

http://www.tomspine.com/music/1986-03-23,%2024,%2025%20-%20Grateful%20Dead.jpg
    To add No Club Membership
    GDTS sold half the tickets
    If you mailed your order on the 1st post mark date,you all had a chance to get tickets,not guaranteed but you had a chance
    I mail ordered for at least 150 shows.Got denied 4 or 5 times
    I always got killer seats.Always mailed for 1 or 2 tickets

Grateful Dead 200 shows
    Pearl Jam 1......to be continued......

Getting to old to tour like I used to,I will drive 200-300 miles to Go see Pearl Jam.Mansfield 6/30/08 was a 210 mile drive.Worth every penny.I just don't have the energy to do 5-10 shows in the span of a month anymore.
    The bus came by and I got on!!!!!
  • joewilliejoewillie Posts: 26
    Phish 80+
    Allman Brothers 20+
    Radiohead, Oasis, Neil Young, 10+
    8/12/92 Waterloo; 4/6/94 Springfield; 9/28/96 NYC; 9/29/96 NYC;
    5/19/97 Mercury Lounge (Tuatara w/Mike; 6/8/97 Randells Island (Ed & Mike; 9/8/98 East Rutherford; 9/10/98 MSG; 9/11/98 MSG; 8/23/00 Jones Beach; 4/30/03 Nassau; 7/8/03 MSG; 5/31/06 The Avalon; 6/24/08 MSG; 8/5/08 United Palace (Ed); 5/20/10 MSG; 5/21/10 MSG
    Phish 80+
    Allman Brothers 20+
    Radiohead, Pavement, Steven Malkmus, Oasis, Neil Young, 10+
    5/19/97 Mercury Lounge (Tuatara w/Mike; 6/8/97 Randells Island (Ed & Mike; 9/8/98 East Rutherford; 9/10/98 MSG; 9/11/98 MSG; 8/23/00 Jones Beach; 4/30/03 Nassau; 7/8/03 MSG; 5/31/06 The Avalon; 6/24/08 MSG; 8/5/08 United Palace (Ed); 5/20/10 MSG; 5/21/10 MSG
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    -Black Crowes 92-08 6 times, First rock concert was the Crowes. :)
    -GD 94-95 5 times, I was just getting into the Dead and the whole scene. I came too late.
    -Tom Petty 6 times

No offense to Phish fans. But after Garcia passed I really tried getting into Phish. I just couldn't and didn't get there music. I've always thought and I mean not to be harsh. That Phish got lucky cause they came in after Gracia died and took advantage of the Dead fans. They made a shit load of money thanks to Jerry's passing.
  • celebrationcelebration Posts: 318
    i've seen the following bands 10 or more times

dylan
    stones
    springsteen
    u2
    neil young
    ########################
    Celebration, the ball's in play
    -Black Crowes 92-08 6 times, First rock concert was the Crowes. :)
    -GD 94-95 5 times, I was just getting into the Dead and the whole scene. I came too late.
    -Tom Petty 6 times

No offense to Phish fans. But after Garcia passed I really tried getting into Phish. I just couldn't and didn't get there music. I've always thought and I mean not to be harsh. That Phish got lucky cause they came in after Gracia died and took advantage of the Dead fans. They made a shit load of money thanks to Jerry's passing.

Wow, i think that statement is just dead wrong. I think it was the other way around on Phish tour.
    But everyone is entitled to there opinion.
    -

So wrong...Phish sold out MSG and many other arenas before Jerry passed and most phish fans will tell you 93-95 were their best years. Phish fans like phish's music, and that's why they went to the shows. You didn't see Leftover Salmon or Blues Traveler blow up after Jerry past. People got to see good music, and music they like.

Using your logic, Pearl jam got huge and benifited becasue Kurt died, which is not not true, but the same logic.
  • Lone WolfLone Wolf Posts: 1,023
    Metallica - 10x
    PJ - 6x
    Eels - 5x
    Dream the dreams of other men,...You´ll be no ones rival,...
    Dream the dreams of others then,... You will be no ones rival,...