Options

Your Very First Concert

Comments

• Options
    Verve Pipe '94 - Monroe Mall (not really a mall) in GR.
  • Options
    Metallica and COC...1996 at the Igloo in Pittsburgh
    I know we've been to Ohio and I know we've never been to Toledo, and i know i've never smiled while wearing a speedo.
    ~E.V.
  • Options
    vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    The Who /w the Clash and T-Bone Burnett

October 20, 1982 - Seattle Kingdome

Hey, Rick!! Ed drinks PBR, just like you....in a trucker hat!! You guys could hang in his Airstream!!
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    direwolf74direwolf74 Posts: 1,622
    Huey Lewis & the News- Red Rocks, Colorado. '85 or '86 I think. My dad took me.
    "I try my best to chug, stomp, weep, whisper, moan, wheeze, scat, blurt, rage, whine, and seduce. With my voice I can sound like a girl, the boogieman, a Theremin, a cherry bomb, a clown, a doctor, a murderer. I can be tribal. Ironic. Or disturbed. My voice is really my instrument."

-Tom Waits
  • Options
    zenithzenith Posts: 3,191
    im sure there was a thread about this sometime ... or perhaps i just posted in another thread about it

Inxs in 1985-ish - i would have been about 13
    impatience is a gift ........
  • Options
    oasis
    screaming trees
    manic street preachers

jones beach, 1996...from the second row.
  • Options
    pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    My parents made me see Conway Twitty when I was a young kid. My first concert of choice..........Pearl Jam
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • Options
    BrezBrez Posts: 570
    Fuel

I forget who was opening, and it was before the singer broke his windpipe or whatever. I was in 2nd grade at the time so... '97? '98?
    And before his first step... He's off again...
  • Options
    keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    The Australian Pink Floyd Show... who by the way, do it better than Roger Waters.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    1997. KROCK's Dysfunctional Family Picnic in N.Y.

The lineup was:

Bush (Sixteen Stone and Razorblade Suitcase)
    Foo Fighters (Only their self titled was out)
    Echo & The Bunnymen
    Blur
    Soul Coughing
    Luscious Jackson (from what I remember, they got booed off stage!)
    10c #TBD

"They said timing was everything, made him want to be everywhere,...there's a lot to be said for nowhere."
    "Let them wash away,... all those yesterdays."

09/10/98, 08/23/00, 08/24/00, 08/25/00, 04/30/03, 07/09/03, 07/14/03, 06/01/06, 06/03/06, 06/24/08, 06/25/08
  • Options
    release30release30 Posts: 2,051
    Huey Lewis and the News 83 Hollywood Sportatorium
    Conversations getting dull
    There's a constant ringing in my ears
    Sense of humor's void and numb
    And I'm bored to tears.......
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,125
    Did anybody see Jimmy Page playing live *Whole Lotta Love* at the Closing Ceremonies at the Beijing Olympics?

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    nocode23nocode23 Posts: 411
    direwolf74 wrote:
    Huey Lewis & the News- Red Rocks, Colorado. '85 or '86 I think. My dad took me.

That's funny, my first concert was Huey Lewis & The News in Oakland, CA 1986, and my dad took me as well. :)
  • Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Aerosmith w/ Cheap Trick.

Interesting show, Cheap Trick really played poorly, and they came back about a year later and sincerely apologized for the shitty performance that night.

I've seen Aerosmith twice, including the first time and both times I've seen them I've noticed that they turn their shit up WAYYY too loud. It's almost annoying how much unpleasant feedback, squealing and screaching they have...also though, it could've been the venue, at the time it was The Delta Center in Salt Lake City, but the second time I saw Aerosmith, KISS was on the tour too and they fucking tore it up so, I'm sorry Aerosmith, I love you guys to this day...but from my experiences, you suck live lol.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    release30 wrote:
    Huey Lewis and the News 83 Hollywood Sportatorium

THAT'S bad ass!
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Options
    catch22 wrote:
    i saw hanson last fall and they were pretty good.

even with our huge spectrum of language in the world today, there can't be any truth to this comment ;)
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Options
    Audioslave, back in '03. Pretty good show, but I couldn't hear Cornell for shit over the crowd.

Did that happen to be @ Lollapalooza? I saw that tour when they came here and it was fucking awesome.

Jane's Addiction
    Audioslave
    Incubus
    A Perfect Circle

Some kick ass bands played that day.

*KOL was on second stage, they were so unknown at the time...all they had was Youth and Young Manhood.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Options
    CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    rolling stones with blind mellon opening:)
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • Options
    Incubus Morning View Tour Worcester Ma. Hoobastank opened. What an amazing show!
    5/24/06 Boston, 6/28/08 & 6/30/08 Mansfield
  • Options
    With 'rents... Barry Manilow in like fall of '79 @ Merriweather Post pavillion in Baltimore area.(Saw Johnny Cash @ Dollywood with grandparents in spring of '80)

1st without 'rents... GNR, Metalica, and Faith No More summer '91 @ RFK stadium.
    Faith No More was great, Metalica was INCREDIBLE, and GNR took an hour and a half to come out after Metalica... but, weren't bad.
    1998-6/20, 6/21
    2003-6/1, 10/25
    2005-8/29, 9/4
    2006-7/2, 7/22, 7/23
    2008-4/15(EV solo)
    2009-9/21, 9/22, 9/28
    2011-9/3, 9/4
    2012-9/30
    2013-7/19, 11/30
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,125
    With 'rents... Barry Manilow in like fall of '79 @ Merriweather Post pavillion in Baltimore area.(Saw Johnny Cash @ Dollywood with grandparents in spring of '80)

1st without 'rents... GNR, Metalica, and Faith No More summer '91 @ RFK stadium.
    Faith No More was great, Metalica was INCREDIBLE, and GNR took an hour and a half to come out after Metalica... but, weren't bad.

I was there and Metallica was totally, totally awesome. They came out to steal the show and all of DC in front of what 50,000 headbanging mop heads. What an awesome scene that was.

Then GNR came out finally and by then most of the enthusiasm was gone at least for me and the best thing they did was NOT their songs. Axel what a pretentious buffoon he can be. Metallica rocked that night/morning we didn't get home till 4in the morning. For some reason I don't recall FNM at all must have been the beers.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    My very first concert?
    I was 9.
    Unfortunately, Jimi Hendrix was no longer the opener in Seattle. He had dropped from the tour over a month previous.
    It was the summer of love & I went with my dad
    :)
    You must be the change you want to see in the world
    -Gandhi
  • Options
    merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    Jackson 5 Reunion Tour at Dodger Stadium. 1986? All I remember is Michael battling a big dragon.

Yikes...
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • Options
    jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    elmer wrote:
    oh yeah! back then I'd never heard of them or NIN. I've no memory of the support acts playing, was taken by my aunt and our seats were as far from the stage as you could get. Was still awed by the whole spectacle though, previously I'd only been to Brisbane Road to see the O's.

wow, you're telling me you can't recall Seb Bach's rant against Wembley council? It was fabbo :D In fact....here it is :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTtQQs_VRcs

watch that^ for the rant..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRMLd8owESk&feature=related

this ^ for the song ;)
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,010
    Public Enemy 1989, 1990, or 1991- I can't remember the year :)

Miami, FL
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Kiss 1978 MSG my dad took me. I was 12.

It was a full circle when I saw PJ do Black Diamond at MSG this year with Ace.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    Olivia Newton John circa 1980.

Yup, you heard me.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    ofthegirl75ofthegirl75 New Jersey Posts: 300
    Embarassed to say
    New Kids on the Block around 1988?
    I took my 7 year old cousin.

I hear they are on tour again.
    Not so new anymore.
  • Options
    No reason for shame here. I saw Hanson five times with my then-teenage daughter. My husband, never big on concerts, also brought her to see them once, so Hanson was his first concert and he was in his 30's at the time. I am happy to say he has since accompanied me to see PJ, Neil Young and Eddie Solo among others.
    okay- *phew* (wipes sweat off forehead)

it was errrr.... no doubt in 96... somewhere in PA...

my second though was A Day in the Garden at none other than Yasgur Farms-Bethel NY :D:D:D
    "I heard some people up here pointing out the ukelele...it's a mandolin, you uncultured bastards!" EV

If nothing is everything, I'll have it all

Hard to Imagine: http://lightyourpillow.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Oak Ridge Boys around '81-'82....not sure when but I know I was a young lad of no more than five or six years
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all