Options

Seniority Seating Change - They nailed it

Comments

• Options
    NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,477
    Yeah, i'm 86xxx and I think that is very fair. Nice move 10C!
    64xxx and i also agree its some of the regulars around me that have gotten slow/old that kind of tipped the change.
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • Options
    pj14 wrote:
    i dont think they should do this every tour. the people with low numbers should be up front but, if they want to do it on this tour for fun go right ahead.
    i love the new policy but i think rows 9-10 don't make any sense at all
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    10C tickets are handed out to the person making the purchase. So, should a scalper get his hands on a pair of tickets, he/she would have to be there to collect them and he/she would have a max of 2 to sell. Not much of an incentive for scalpers I would say.
    actually its the 10c member technically they could use joe blows visa card. and still pick up the tix
  • Options
    nukebootnukeboot Posts: 1,465
    NOCODE#1 wrote:
    64xxx and i also agree its some of the regulars around me that have gotten slow/old that kind of tipped the change.

Thanks for posting that. I had heard that, but I didn't want to comment on it and get flamed.

It needed to come from someone in the front.

I think it's an exciting change - mixes up the front row energy, chance for new members to score primo seats, new faces for Ed and the band, etc.
    EdSurfingSig_zpsgmyltito.jpg
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...
  • Options
    ninfanninfan Posts: 93
    I must have missed it so can someone point to where this is stated.
    "No intelligent idea can gain general acceptance unless some stupidity is mixed in with it." Pessoa
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    NOCODE#1 wrote:
    actually its the 10c member technically they could use joe blows visa card. and still pick up the tix

Absolutely - the person making the purchase is assumed to be the 10C member because you have to be logged in, though you can pay with anybody's credit card.

But this person still needs to be picking the tix up (The Ten Club member whose account was used to purchase the tickets must be present to collect the tickets on the day of the show. No exceptions.). I think the rules also state you need ID.
  • Options
    dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    ninfan wrote:
    I must have missed it so can someone point to where this is stated.

first post in the announcement sticky

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • Options
    inmytree1380inmytree1380 Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Posts: 155
    I'll admit...my TC number is kind of shitty (I am always around row 24 at shows), but as I tell other people, as long as I'm in the building I am happy.

However, the TC nailed it with this new sorta-system. If I got in any of those four rows I would probably scream like a little girl at an NSYNC show.
    2000: Pittsburgh
    2003: Pittsburgh
    2004: Toledo
    2005: Pittsburgh
    2006: Cleveland, Pittsburgh
    2008: D.C.
    2009: Toronto, Philly IV
    2010: Cleveland
    2011: East Troy I & II
    2013: Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Baltimore
    2014: Austin I
    2016: Fort Lauderdale, Hampton, Philly II, Chicago II
  • Options
    brokenarrowbrokenarrow Posts: 478
    I've been in the Ten Club for roughly 15 years so my number is pretty low. I think this is a great thing they're doing for people with The High Numbers. Gives them the possibility of being closer than they normally would be.
    It'll be fun to hear the reactions and stories from people who have that nice surprise waiting for them at the box office. ;) They'll feel like they won the lottery!
  • Options
    coachchriscoachchris Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada Posts: 749
    The first PJ show I ever went to, I was row X (there wasn't row Y or Z :)) in the furthest nosebleed section away from the stage and I was like a pig in shit. Then I joined 10c and had first row in Vancouver years later!

I know what it's like going from the furthest away to being handed a tambourine and Mike's t-shirt and what a feeling it is!!!

Congrats to the 10c for implementing the change and I'm glad to see us seniors willing to move back a couple rows for some newbies ;) I'll go back to row x for a couple shows just so someone can have that feeling in their stomach and trying to hold back the tears when they open their envelopes to see row 1!!
    Adolescence in essence is all about trust.
    Leaving is for the answering machine.
  • Options
    wescaddle16wescaddle16 Posts: 106
    I am in the minority opinion here I take it, because I don't like the idea of random 10club seating...Been in the fanclub since 1997 and always renewed my membership on time, and I believe it should go on seniority based on the fact that those are the breaks...They are only changing it this time because so many newbies are whining on the board all the time about the seating policy...If these newbie fans were in the place of the older fans they wouldn't complain then...I also been a fan since 1991 and I regret not joining the 10club earlier like in 1994 when I heard about it, but I still think the older fans should be closer...I can understand doing random seating for rows 9 & 10, but to do it also for rows 1 & 2 is simply ridiculous...That means someone who joined last year could end up being first row ahead of someone who has been in the club since 92...Thats simply anarchy :-)
    Montreal 08-20-1998
    Montreal 10-04-2000
    Montreal 06-29-2003
    New York City 07-09-2003
    Montreal 09-15-2005
    Toronto 09-19-2005
    Quebec City 09-20-2005
    Toronto 05-09-2006
    Hartford 05-13-2006
    Toronto 2009
    Hartford 2010
    Buffalo 2010
    Montreal 2011
    Buffalo 2013
  • Options
    Since 91Since 91 Posts: 57
    My # isn't the best, but is far from the "worst." There's no way I could complain about the seats I've gotten at shows over the years, but knowing I have a bitty chance at even better seats... that's fantastic. And knowing that EVERYONE with a # has the same chance--that's fantastic, too.

Excellent decision, 10C.
  • Options
    QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Cincinnati, Ohio Posts: 3,626
    what a wonderful idea.

how truly exciting for the new, younger members.
    Nice shirt.
  • Options
    Vedderman23Vedderman23 Posts: 856

how truly exciting for the new, younger members.

not only the younger ones, but the middle of the road numbers as well. With a 162,xxx number, I get great seats (usually in the teens at larger venues), but I think this will be great to finally crack the front. I just hope the tickets are spread throughout the board, and not just handed out to the 250,000 and up numbers. I've been waiting a long time for the front, just like everyone else. ;)
    "Fuck the talkin', let's start rocking." - E.V. 9-5-00

8/25/98, 8/21/00, 9/5/00, 4/26/03, 5/3/03, 6/24/03, 9/28/05, 10/03/05, 5/20/06, 6/23/06, EV 8/16/08, EV 6/18/09, 5/20/10, 9/15/11, 10/11/13, 10/27/13, 10/1/14, 8/20/16, 8/22/16, TOTD 11/7/16, 8/18/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 9/11/22, 9/14/22, 9/10/23 coming soon
  • Options
    In2DeepIn2Deep Posts: 496
    A lot of these people must be new members because everybody is excited.
    I went over details again and do not see where this is posted and no one has shown the proof.
    I am glad they are coming to play here but the 10 years + members still deserve the best seats. You can flame me all you want for saying that.
    I have been lucky enough to be in the first 15 rows but I am sure if I had the money to travel to see several shows I might get closer.
    I would love to be in the front but somebody that joined in the last two years needs to be behind me sorry:( all of us old timers have paid our dues literally!!

I'm going to go out on a selfish limb and agree with this. Partly because I'm short and the farther back on the floor, the harder it is to see around people. That and I sat in someone else's 10C seats in Santa B placing me row 12 and those people back there were all drunk and basically talking during the whole show. UP front I feel the energy and no one out of all the shit load of shows I've been to talked during the whole damn show.
  • Options
    In2DeepIn2Deep Posts: 496
    Since I usually get first few rows, I'm not going to be randomly placed in 9th or 10th, am I? I mean, my seniority will still place me in front of that. I don't want to be stuck behind a shit load of tall people. That would just be my luck.

At least it's just for this tour....
  • Options
    NeilJamNeilJam Posts: 1,191
    This is a great change. I'm glad they are finally giving more people a chance to get closer. I think this will work out well and hope they continue this for future tours with some refining if needed.

I also hope that those who would just normally get the (now) 3rd through 8th rows won't be included in selecting people for the 9th and 10th. I wouldn't be included in that group, but I do see how it would defeat the purpose of making those 2 rows random.
  • Options
    In2Deep wrote:
    Since I usually get first few rows, I'm not going to be randomly placed in 9th or 10th, am I? I mean, my seniority will still place me in front of that. I don't want to be stuck behind a shit load of tall people. That would just be my luck.

hahaha.
    that would be really funny if they didn't think about this -- which honestly, it would NOT suprise me if they hadn't -- and they end up stuffing rows 9 and 10 with poor low number folks who should be up front, but end up getting put in 9 and 10 ... haha.

:(

Other than this,
    honestly, i think this is a great idea.
    I have ALWAYS been in agreeance to random seating in SELECT rows.

It is just plain not "fair" to do away with seniority, nor would it serve the aims of the 10 club (thwarting scalpers) ...

however, us "oldtimers" have had our fun ... and i think its time to get some young blood up front.

I know, me personaly, even i was getting tired of seeing the same faces up front.
    :D:D:D
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options
    TaftTaft Posts: 453
    In2Deep wrote:

I emailed with the Ten Club about this today, because I was worried that not only would I not be getting 1st or 2nd row anymore, but I might actually "randomly" be placed even further back in rows 9 or 10.

They emailed back and said no, that won't happen. Though, it seems like this will be a lot of work for them to sort out.
  • Options
    yakko69yakko69 Posts: 131
    With a number 138xxx, my bro and I sat dead center at MSG in 03...4th row.

Besides those incredible seats, we usually sit row 10-15.
    ...44 shows...and counting....
  • Options
    With a 162,xxx number, I get great seats (usually in the teens at larger venues), but I think this will be great to finally crack the front. I just hope the tickets are spread throughout the board, and not just handed out to the 250,000 and up numbers. I've been waiting a long time for the front, just like everyone else. ;)

x2
    9/11/98 5/3/03 9/28/04 10/3/05 05/27/06 6/22/08 6/25/08
  • Options
    I have a pretty low number and i usually get in the second row, and i have to agree that this new system is pretty damn fair... nice work ten club!
  • Options
    i think this is a great job on their behalf!
    My number is 158*** and i look at it like this...
    Out of the 8 shows i have been to i have never been closer than row 12. And i am ok with that - because at least i get to see them. I really feel for the 400*** numbers (especially ones who got bumped from lower #'s) And it makes me mad when low number fans act like they are ENTITLED. to put it simply, they don't have to give us priority seating period. But thankfully they do and we don't have to buy front row seats from stubhub for $900. thank you pearl jam for letting us front row virgins get in on the action!
    «---» DC 96' «--» VA Beach 00' «--» DC 03' «--» Asheville 04' «--» Pittsburgh 05' «--» DC & Vegas 06' «--» VA Beach & DC 08' «--» DC 10' «--»
    ♫*♪*♫*♪*♫*♪*♫*♪*♫*♪*♫*♪*♫*♪*♫*♪*♫*♪*♫*♪*♫*♪*♪*♫*♫*♪*♫*♪*♫*♪*♫*♪*♫*♪*♫*♪*♫*♪*♫*♪*♫*♪*♫*♪*♫*♪*♫*♪*♫*♪*♫

4,122 miles traveled
  • Options
    swardsward Posts: 586
    Throw me in the list of people who love the idea. I think as much as it rewards the fan, it 'should' also make for an energized front row. Not that they aren't lively as a rule. That said..any of you folks score some of these random seats, you better dance your ass off ;-)

It's too bad I lost my 124XXX number because I was a boner and didn't renew...but it makes it sweet to know my 324XXX has a shot (albeit remote) at getting close for the MSG shows...I thought it was gone forever. Ah well...good luck everyone. By the way...does a 300 plus 10C number score floor tickets (way back), or side seats at MSG?
  • Options
    manhattanmanhattan Posts: 258
    sward wrote:
    By the way...does a 300 plus 10C number score floor tickets (way back), or side seats at MSG?

If there are only 1800 fan club seats available (18,000 ca-pacity x 10%), then I don't think any of us have to worry about getting far back on the floor. If this calculation is correct, the 10C seats won't even reach back that far. So if you get a 10C seat at all, it will probably be a good one!
    (crossing fingers)
  • Options
    PJStatTrackerPJStatTracker Posts: 2,400
    I also think it's a great idea. I am #133xxx, and have seen them from all over including first row.

It's totally fair, I don't think being in the fan club longer makes me any more deserving of anything.

The ticketing process has always evolved, and this is just the next step. I don't see this going away after this tour, but who knows.

I think that all you guys lower than me should be furious about this though, and not renew your memberships...
    Download the unofficial <a href="http://bit.ly/PJStatTracker">Pearl Jam Stat Tracker</a> app for iPhone/iPad. It's <em>FREE.</em>

PM me with any comments or suggestions for the app - or weigh in <a href="http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=167611
    ">here</a>.
    or
    <a href="http://www.facebook.com/pjstattracker">Join the discussion on facebook</a>

• Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,879
    i wish they had made the first 10 rows random......
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    i wish they had made the first 10 rows random......

no you don't.
    :(

I like new faces, but not ALL new faces.
    :( :( :(
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options
    UKpearljammerUKpearljammer Bath, UK Posts: 910
    I'm happy with this as it gives everyone ago yet means that seniority is still worth something which is fair enough for all of us who have renewed our membership over the years. Now I just need a show to actually use it, yes despite being a member since 93 (32,###) for various reasons I've never been able to make the most of my good number, as when I have they've been GA shows.
    My PJ shows:
    London 28/10/96, Las Vegas 11/7/98, London 29/5/00, Nurnburg 11/6/00, Prague 14/6/00, Salzburg 18/6/00, Verona 20/6/00, Milan 22/6/00, Zurich 23/6/00, New York 8-9/7/03, Boston 11/7/03, Reading Festival 27/8/06, Shepards Bush 11/8/09, Berlin 15/8/09, Manchester 17/8/09, London 18/8/09, Dublin 22/6/10, Belfast 23/6/10, London (HRC) 25/6/10, Alpine Valley (PJ20) 3-4/9/11, Manchester 20-21/6/12, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14 To be continued....
  • Options
    swardsward Posts: 586
    manhattan wrote:
    If there are only 1800 fan club seats available (18,000 ca-pacity x 10%), then I don't think any of us have to worry about getting far back on the floor. If this calculation is correct, the 10C seats won't even reach back that far. So if you get a 10C seat at all, it will probably be a good one!
    (crossing fingers)

Ahhh.. I didn't know about the 10% rule for fanclub seats. Egads...this is gonna be a tough one to get tickets too.