Radiohead

124»

Comments

• you say the albums sucks, but still claim to like it. it's like the mindless pearl jam apologists who insist riot act is a fantastic album.

amnesiac sucked, plain and simple. bremerton nailed it when he pointed out that there are about 3 good songs to an album post-ok computer. they're a pale shadow of what they once were. and that'd be fine if their idiot fans didn't insist that thom yorke's shit doesn't stink.

I do not agree with this. I like Amnesiac, in fact I love that album. In no way shape or form did this album suck. And I am not an idiot fan. I like there music. I like the new stuff just as much as the old stuff. I can appreciate the growth of the band and the direction they are going. I can do that for a lot of artists.

Plain and simple. I love Radiohead. I can not wait for the new album. Thom's side album was just a little snack to get us by.

Ya Radiohead!

and I am pretty sure that Thom has had some pretty stinky poops!
    Let's Go Red Sox!
  • I love Radiohead.
    "Information is not knowledge.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best."
    ~ FZ ~
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    moho wrote:
    Listen to Hail To The Thief and then you say stuff you probably can't back up. Hail To The Thief is their best album to date with every second beiing amazing songs and music... Maybe You just haven't listened to it properly because you thought Amnesiac and Kid A were too weird for you.

i like kid a, and ive listened to hail to the thief many times. it's boring. kid a is pretty good but still nowhere near either of their prior 2 albums. amnesiac sucked.
  • Radiohead is amazing, I've only got the opprotunity to see them once!

there's not one album that wasn't good!
  • Pearl Jam
    Tool
    Radiohead

of course I love them
    I'm trying to drink away the part of the day I cannot sleep away...
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    i know everyone are entitled to their own opinion, but the people on here claiming that amnesiac sucks without given any explenation to why they think this is the case, are working on my nerves.

pyramid song
    you and wose army
    i might be wrong
    live in a glasshouse

all rate along their best work.

i mean life in a glasshouse is just fucking spectacular - hence my name

and HTTT is also a brilliant album
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • glasshouse wrote:
    i know everyone are entitled to their own opinion, but the people on here claiming that amnesiac sucks without given any explenation to why they think this is the case, are working on my nerves.

pyramid song
    you and wose army
    i might be wrong
    live in a glasshouse

all rate along their best work.

i mean life in a glasshouse is just fucking spectacular - hence my name

and HTTT is also a brilliant album
    you forgot Knives Out.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • About 20th row dead center and nearly put to sleep............

Seriously? How very hipster of you.

The first time I saw them, even though we were in fairly crappy seats, I still managed to experience sensory overload. The last time, from the front, was amazing. I guess I just really, really like this music.
    "Information is not knowledge.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best."
    ~ FZ ~
  • you forgot Knives Out.

I love Spinning Plates. Song gets me every time. I am so going to listen to this album. It's been on the shelf for far too long......

And yes HTTT is a great album as well. Some people love Radiohead and some do not. I find that it's that way with this band. Honestly since Ok Computer they have continued to impress me. I can only wait for the next album to come out.
    Let's Go Red Sox!
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    ok,so you'll have to search extremely hard to find a band that can top/match this setlist:

creep
    high and dry
    nice dream
    street spirit
    paranoid android
    subterranian homesick alien
    exit music
    let down
    karma police
    lucky
    everything in its right place
    the national anthem
    how to disappear completely
    idioteque
    motion picture soundtrack
    pyramid song
    you and whose army
    i might be wrong
    like spinning plates
    life in a glasshouse
    2+2=5
    where i end and you begin
    sail to the moon
    there there
    scatterbrain

fuck, i love these guys
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • glasshouse wrote:
    ok,so you'll have to search extremely hard to find a band that can top/match this setlist:

creep
    high and dry
    nice dream
    street spirit
    paranoid android
    exit music
    let down
    karma police
    lucky
    the national anthem
    idioteque
    pyramid song
    you and whose army
    i might be wrong
    like spinning plates
    life in a glasshouse
    2+2=5
    sail to the moon
    there there
    scatterbrain

fuck, i love these guys

OK:
    Long Road,
    Of The Girl,
    Sometimes,
    Off He Goes,
    All Those Yesterdays,
    Drifting,
    Thin Air,
    Seight Of Hand,
    Footsteps,
    All Or None,
    Parting Ways,
    Indifference
    Can't Keep,
    Breakerfall,
    Brain of J,
    Spin the Black Circle,
    Ghost,
    Green Disease,
    Tremor Christ,
    Given To Fly,
    Nothing As It Seems,
    Cropduster,
    Faithfull,
    Why Go,
    Wishlist/(Why Can't I Touch It?),
    Leatherman,
    Nothingman,
    Better Man,
    1/2 Full,
    Untitled/MFC,
    Blood
    Breath,
    Habit,
    Down,
    Mankind,
    U,
    Black,
    Jeremy
    Arc,
    I Believe In Miracles,
    Know Your Rights,
    Fortunate Son,
    Rockin' in the Free World
    Yellow Ledbetter

That was easy.

SHOW COUNT: (157) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=97, US=116, CAN=15, Europe=20 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:   Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

glasshouse wrote:

creep
    high and dry
    nice dream
    street spirit
    paranoid android
    exit music
    let down
    karma police
    lucky
    the national anthem
    idioteque
    pyramid song
    you and whose army
    i might be wrong
    like spinning plates
    life in a glasshouse
    2+2=5
    sail to the moon
    there there
    scatterbrain

fuck, i love these guys

asshole? did i kick your mother?
    you forgot Knives Out.

best song on that album. im not a fan of the other songs mentioned. the entire rest of the album was a bit boring.
  • i fucking love radiohead. to all the haters- they went in an opposite direction much like pearl jam did with no code. not much to be ashamed of there. their new album is "a return to form" so to say, based on what i've heard.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
  • ClaudiaClaudia Posts: 398
    yeah, the new songs are amazing!
    i fucking love radiohead. to all the haters- they went in an opposite direction much like pearl jam did with no code. not much to be ashamed of there. their new album is "a return to form" so to say, based on what i've heard.

and as i said, they've said the same thing for every album since kid a. ill believe it when i hear it. but i WILL hear it. im just hoping i enjoy the hearing more than i have the last few times around...
  • and as i said, they've said the same thing for every album since kid a. ill believe it when i hear it. but i WILL hear it. im just hoping i enjoy the hearing more than i have the last few times around...

not really though........hail to the thief had a lot more straightforward stuff than kid a and amnesiac combined. they've been creeping back into their roots slowly.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
  • bee_boybee_boy Posts: 384
    not really though........hail to the thief had a lot more straightforward stuff than kid a and amnesiac combined. they've been creeping back into their roots slowly.

Creeping or not, it's extremely rare to see bands that are more than 15 years old write complete classics like "There There". IMO that song is a CLASSIC.

I wouldn't mind them writing the 2nd part for "I Can't" and "Fake Plastic Trees" though :D
  • RadioYamRadioYam Posts: 102
    Claudia wrote:
    yeah, the new songs are amazing!

four minute warning is my fav :)
  • The new songs I've heard (maybe half of them that they've played) are fucking incredible. I love them all, but the chorus of "all I need" is still stuck in my head 6 months later.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • RadioYam wrote:
    four minute warning is my fav :)

mine too! i absolutely love this song.

house of cards a close second.

the only 2 new songs guaranteed to be on the new album are 15 step (another awesome tune), and videoptape (classic radiohead).
    those undecided, needn't have faith to be free
  • any word of when this will be released?
    Let's Go Red Sox!
  • The new album is going to be incredible based on what I've heard. When they played the Hail To The Thief songs live to test them out before recording, the album turned out very similar to what they played live - I think one or two songs were rearranged (Go To Sleep) and another had different lyrics and there was only one song they didn't release (Up On The Ladder). Hopefully it will be the same with the new album, because basically all of the new songs they've been playing are excellent and I wouldn't change a thing about them.

I'm hoping that they go through their vaults one day and put together a box set of unreleased and b-side stuff - their b-sides alone take up 2 CD's - and there's another disc of remixes - and a whole bunch of live stuff - imagine if they included totally unreleased tracks as well...
  • Radiohead are from another planet theyre so good. Ive just come to the realisation that HTTT is my fav album of theirs. Its old radiohead and prog rock combined perfectly.
    "...follow the strangest tribe..." - pj

www.flickr.com/photos/vainch

http://loveanddestruction.blogspot.com/

http://www.davidveentjer.com