My Chemical Romance

Comments

• Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    danny72688 wrote:
    I guess I should do some research then. I've only seen them twice but they were seperate tours. I guess one Green Day show is comparable to one PJ show in my book, but total tours, PJ rules :cool:

Sorry :cool:
    Gotta defend my favorite sell outs ;)
    hey its cool not a problem,i was once a huge fan of greenday.i used to like mcr back when they first started out
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• angryyoungmanangryyoungman Medford, NY Posts: 1,028
    -what is the point of a forum if you are not supposed to chime in on what you think? i won't be on my merry way, especially when i see countless people on a pearl jam board liking an awful, manufactured band.

-i actually had to listen to the album to do a cd review for the newspaper i write for. so...uh, you venture isn't correct.

-you call it elitist, i call it real. there are iffy band out there that may or may not be credible: the strokes, kings of leon, etc. but then there are those that are NOT credible, and it's blatantly obvious: my chemical puke, yellowcard, linkin park, etc.

-i'd say 90& of the bands i dig are 100% credible, the other 10% fall in that iffy category including the strokes, the hives, the offspring, oasis, etc. random 90s/2000s bands.
    ...dig?

ok, i stand corrected, but i could almost guarantee you there are some bands that you like that i think are pure shit, but does that mean i think your a moron for liking them? no, your entitled to like whoever the fuck you want to. we can agree to disagree. what im trying to say is simmer down with the judgemental stuff. you'd think the kid said he likes the new backstreet boys album from your reaction.
    p.s.- the offspring suck dude. SUCK. nothing iffy about it. but thats ok if you like that shit
    ...dig?
    i have wished for so long, how i wish for you today
    JEFFREY ROSS ROGERS 1975-2002

9.10.98 NYC / 8.23.00 JONES BEACH /4.30.03 UNIONDALE / 7.9.03 NYC /5.12.06 ALBANY/ 6.1.06 E.RUTHEFORD/ 6.3.06 E. RUTHEFORD/ CAMDEN 6.19.08/ NYC 6.24.08/ NYC 6.25.08/ HARTFORD 6.27.08/ CHICAGO 8.24.09/ PHILLY 10.31.09/ HARTFORD 5.15.10/ NEWARK 5.18.10/ NYC 5.20.10/ CHICAGO 7.19.13/ BROOKLYN 10.18.13/ BROOKLYN 10.19.13/ HARTFORD 10.25.13/ NYC 9.26.15/ 4.8.16 FT. LAUDERDALE/ 4.9.16 MIAMI / 5.1.16 NYC/ 5.2.16 NYC / 8.5.16 BOSTON / 8.7.16 BOSTON/ 8.20.18 CHICAGO/ 9.2.18 BOSTON/ 9.4.18 BOSTON/ 9.18.21 ASBURY PARK

finally, FUCK TICKETMASTER
  • CorduroyboyCorduroyboy Posts: 1,256
    gerardwaywa6.jpg

Where on his face is it busted??? Seriously though? His face looks damn fine to me

Your vision must not be 20/20. That or you are a 14 year old goth girl.
    He's such a flamer.
    And if My Chemical Romance was actually the Chemical Brothers, I might give it a listen. MCR is such crap, awful crap. How dare you bring it to the Pearl Jam board, how dare you!!
  • Yeah. I definitely was not a fan of theirs, until I got their new record. I really like it, so shoot me. It's not really whiny, its just a rock record.
    ZepZach wrote:
    Yeah. I definitely was not a fan of theirs, until I got their new record. I really like it, so shoot me. It's not really whiny, its just a rock record.

How is this garbage considered rock? Maybe I don't get it and everyone else does. When I think of rock, bands like Led Zepplin, The Stones, Pink Floyd, The Doors, Boston, The Who, Cream, and yes Def Leppard come to mind. Not this shit. It's all prefabricated, effortless "music" with a bunch of wanna-be punks just yelling and screaming. I could go on and on of how bad I hate shitty bands like these! I love it!
  • ok, i stand corrected, but i could almost guarantee you there are some bands that you like that i think are pure shit, but does that mean i think your a moron for liking them? no, your entitled to like whoever the fuck you want to. we can agree to disagree. what im trying to say is simmer down with the judgemental stuff. you'd think the kid said he likes the new backstreet boys album from your reaction.
    p.s.- the offspring suck dude. SUCK. nothing iffy about it. but thats ok if you like that shit
    ...dig?

no kidding bout the offspring, that's why i don't defend them. i dig a few of their songs enough to include them in my "elitist/snob-driven" itunes collection.

the thing about offspring is they sold out. at one time they were a pretty righteous little southern california hardcore punk band. that phase didn't last very long, and very shortly after the 'smash' album, they began to write disgusting pop songs. the difference between them and my chemical fart is that offspring were for at least one millisecond authentic. that can't be said for "my chem."

i defend bands and artists like the stooges, mc5, sonic youth, mudhoney, rocket from the crypt, the pixies, bob dylan, the rolling stones, the yardbirds, muddy waters, motorhead, the sonics, mark lanegan, primal scream, new bomb turks, etc...bands like these, with the exception of the rolling stones, have always been pumping out original, genuine rock n' roll, blues, folk, or alternative rock n roll music. to put my chemical buttplug in the same planet, let alone the same building as any of these sorts of bands is a joke.

so, i think we both understand that neither of our arguments are intended to be personal by any means. for me to say "anyone who takes my chemical testicle seriously is a moron" (or something like that) was not a direct attack on you or anyone that has been brainwashed into digging such noise. it was to establish a point that my dickless romance-type bands can't gel/mesh/blend with credible bands.

and also, i am not all hopped up on speed in front of my computer getting emotional about topics on a forum, just aggressive writing.

but these are the type of threads that make forums worthwhile.

i dig.
  • yes. and, i'll take being a riot as a compliment.

if you think everyone should be all hippied out and be tolerant of any kind of "music" being farted out into the mainstream, you are on another planet. i think shitty music sucks, and i think the people who support processed fart noises such as my chemical buttfuck are just morons sucked into a fad. they have no taste and are nowhere near credible. those people are what's wrong in the world today.

so, to kinda conclude here...yes, they aren't credible because of the "music" they listen to. i'll take somebody a shitload more seriously if they dig bands that put out good tunes rather than somebody that likes mtv penis bands like my chemical fuckface, yellowcrap and such.

would you take a 11-year old brat more seriously than a post-graduate scholar on foreign policy? didn't think so. unless you think "everybody's equal man, everybody's entitled to their own opinions bro..."

eat me.

Great maturity there. And because liking certain music tells us sooooo much about a person. A post-graduate scholar on foreign policy can be an arrogant twat just as well as anyone else can. My point is music doesn't make a person and no one's opinion should lose credibility because of what they enjoy. You never know what you are getting and all your doing is judging people based on what's outside and not inside. I think someone needs to grow up.
    Pearl Jam Album Rankings
    ---
    1. Ten
    2. Vs.
    3. Pearl Jam
    4. Binaural
    5. No Code
    6. Riot Act
    7. Yield
    8. Vitalogy

Pearl Jam Song Rankings
    ---
    1. Black
    2. Rearviewmirror
    3. Light Years
    4. Given to Fly
    5. Severed Hand
  • pj_zombie wrote:
    Great maturity there. And because liking certain music tells us sooooo much about a person. A post-graduate scholar on foreign policy can be an arrogant twat just as well as anyone else can. My point is music doesn't make a person and no one's opinion should lose credibility because of what they enjoy. You never know what you are getting and all your doing is judging people based on what's outside and not inside. I think someone needs to grow up.

if growing up means i have to take somebody seriously who considers them self as an appreciator of music and preaches for a butt band like my chemical twat, i promise you i will never grow up.

i think a person's musical taste tells a lot actually. because somebody likes my chemical fart-bag doesn't mean they are unintelligent, it just means they aren't a serious music enthusiast. i bet a handful of my friends dig my chemical butter balls - it doesn't make them stupid, i just don't take them seriously when it comes to talking about music.

i am not too worried 'bout my logic.

i am not too worried 'bout my logic.

it makes sense to me!
  • it makes sense to me!

hehe, thanks buddy

i see you reside in sacto - i grew up there...good town.

rock on.
  • amentvedderamentvedder Posts: 3,610
    Your vision must not be 20/20. That or you are a 14 year old goth girl.
    He's such a flamer.

Wrong. I wish. I don't know what a flamer is?? but yeh he's fukin hot :)
  • Chrisopalooza and Corduroyboy, have you listened to the new record? I'm just curious. Had I not listened to it, I would have definitely agreed with you guys. My Chemical Romance was a band that I did not like. I couoldn't stand their music or image. I probably would've been right with you guys. I listened to it though, and I liked it. I urge you to check out their new album with an open mind. If you don't like it, more power to you, but don't hate it before listening. I'm sure people were turned of by Bowie's Ziggy Stardust image, too.
  • amentvedderamentvedder Posts: 3,610
    ZepZach wrote:
    Chrisopalooza and Corduroyboy, have you listened to the new record? I'm just curious. Had I not listened to it, I would have definitely agreed with you guys. My Chemical Romance was a band that I did not like. I couoldn't stand their music or image. I probably would've been right with you guys. I listened to it though, and I liked it. I urge you to check out their new album with an open mind. If you don't like it, more power to you, but don't hate it before listening. I'm sure people were turned of by Bowie's Ziggy Stardust image, too.
    They just want to be like hard or something. Did you hear them "how dare you on a pearl jam board!" hahahah i thought i'd rather smash my face through my microwave than listen to MCR but the album is good! the guy is hot, end of the day if i wanted to listen to Osama Bin Laden on keyboard it's no one else's business. Why do they think their opinion matters to people so much?
  • -i'd say 90& of the bands i dig are 100% crediblequote]

hahaha i'm sorry am i the only one who thought that was the biggest tough guy thing to say?
    i gather speed...from u fucking with me

"i am the first man to shit my pants ya whew!"

its no crime to escape..theres still time to escape...theres still time so escape...

"yellow ledbetter is like the smoke after a 3 hour fuckfest" - 62strat

st.louis 04, chicago 06, and counting...
  • ZepZach wrote:
    Chrisopalooza and Corduroyboy, have you listened to the new record? I'm just curious. Had I not listened to it, I would have definitely agreed with you guys. My Chemical Romance was a band that I did not like. I couoldn't stand their music or image. I probably would've been right with you guys. I listened to it though, and I liked it. I urge you to check out their new album with an open mind. If you don't like it, more power to you, but don't hate it before listening. I'm sure people were turned of by Bowie's Ziggy Stardust image, too.

i swear i have listened to the album, i have to review it for the newspaper i write for. the free copy i got about a week ago is sitting on my desk.

also, i wouldnt compare my chemical dick tumor and bowie, thats comparing $10 tijuana-made bongo drums to a $5000 dw drum kit.
  • They just want to be like hard or something. Did you hear them "how dare you on a pearl jam board!" hahahah i thought i'd rather smash my face through my microwave than listen to MCR but the album is good! the guy is hot, end of the day if i wanted to listen to Osama Bin Laden on keyboard it's no one else's business. Why do they think their opinion matters to people so much?

you got it! that's my goal is to act tough in an environment where you can't see or hear other people. c'mon, you can pump out a little bit more of a thought-out, semi-intelligent counter argument than that, can't you?

-tough guy
  • -i'd say 90& of the bands i dig are 100% crediblequote]

hahaha i'm sorry am i the only one who thought that was the biggest tough guy thing to say?

...looks like it so far.
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    -you call it elitist, i call it real. there are iffy band out there that may or may not be credible: the strokes, kings of leon, etc. but then there are those that are NOT credible, and it's blatantly obvious: my chemical puke, yellowcard, linkin park, etc.

-i'd say 90& of the bands i dig are 100% credible, the other 10% fall in that iffy category including the strokes, the hives, the offspring, oasis, etc. random 90s/2000s bands.

...dig?

wow, you're so freaking cool. can i be like you when i grow up?

how can i tell what's credible and what isnt?
  • wow, you're so freaking cool. can i be like you when i grow up?

i knew i wasn't the only one that thought so

its no crime to escape..theres still time to escape...theres still time so escape...

• lets play a new game. lets see how many stupid, tacky, 4th grade words we can tack on to the end of " my chemical" to make us sound like we're cool. lets see we've already used dick, puke, fart, buttplug, testicle, butt fuck, fuckface, butter balls, and fart bag.

wow, i guess it wouldn't be much of a game cuz we all know who would win

• reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    lets play a new game. lets see how many stupid, tacky, 4th grade words we can tack on to the end of " my chemical" to make us sound like we're cool. lets see we've already used dick, puke, fart, buttplug, testicle, butt fuck, fuckface, butter balls, and fart bag.

Dont forget Shitpants.:)
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • wow, you're so freaking cool. can i be like you when i grow up?

to answer your first question, sure, i guess...i mean, i don't really think it's cool to try and be like somebody else, but i am not offended or anything.

to answer your second question, it's something that should be common sense.

hope that helps!
  • lets play a new game. lets see how many stupid, tacky, 4th grade words we can tack on to the end of " my chemical" to make us sound like we're cool. lets see we've already used dick, puke, fart, buttplug, testicle, butt fuck, fuckface, butter balls, and fart bag.

...so i won, right?

it obviously had some affect.
  • CCF23CCF23 Posts: 11
    My Chemical Romance can go My Chemical Fuck Themselves.

I could get into why, but I quite like the simplicity of that.
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    to answer your first question, sure, i guess...i mean, i don't really think it's cool to try and be like somebody else, but i am not offended or anything.

to answer your second question, it's something that should be common sense.

hope that helps!

didnt help much. tell me, what are the criteria? lack of album sales? critics dig it? critics hate it? music history revisionism? you know bob dyaln was the king of sellouts when he went electric right? a rolling stone interview where they act so persecuted and introspective? cmon, im tragically unhip, i need to figure out how to start liking music that will make you respect me... cos i feel like such a loser and i dont even like my chemical (insert 7th grade insult here).

maybe my problem is i already graduated high school and went through puberty... i know you've got a lot of anger right now man and you're pissed at the world for not giving you what you want, but i promise you, you will get those hairs soon and then your hormones will settle down and you'll be happy again and realize that you don't know everything and that you're not better than anyone... in fact, acting like a judgmental jackass makes you far far worse than most.
  • ooooohhhhh he's in 7th grade?? i guess that makes sence, with the whole " buttfuck, fuckface, butterball" talk.

But hey kid, when you get into high school,that's deeefinatly what will make you cool.

• CCF23 wrote:
    My Chemical Romance can go My Chemical Fuck Themselves.

I could get into why, but I quite like the simplicity of that.

your going to have to do better than "fuck" to beat chrisopalooza. ya got to through some tesiticles and puke's in there.

• over hyped over produced
  • didnt help much. tell me, what are the criteria? lack of album sales? critics dig it? critics hate it? music history revisionism? you know bob dyaln was the king of sellouts when he went electric right? a rolling stone interview where they act so persecuted and introspective? cmon, im tragically unhip, i need to figure out how to start liking music that will make you respect me... cos i feel like such a loser and i dont even like my chemical (insert 7th grade insult here).

maybe my problem is i already graduated high school and went through puberty... i know you've got a lot of anger right now man and you're pissed at the world for not giving you what you want, but i promise you, you will get those hairs soon and then your hormones will settle down and you'll be happy again and realize that you don't know everything and that you're not better than anyone... in fact, acting like a judgmental jackass makes you far far worse than most.

cry me a fucking river kid.

do you get sad when people don't agree with you? when people don't agree with you and present valid arguments do you get uncomfortable? hmmm?

for the record, i never once said my chemical "romance" (oh god, i said it!) sold out, they have been manufactured and piss-poor to begin with, so i have no clue why you threw in that pointless dylan bit.

i'm really really sorry though man, i don't know what came over me. i have really bad anger management issues. i have three shrinks and they can't really nail down my anger problems. i am so sorry to take it out on you.

again, i'm really sorry to take up your time though, i need to let you get back to your my chem, fallout boy, linkin park, nickelback, audioslave, yellowcard, green day, sublime, afi, and new found glory mp3s.