My Chemical Romance

Comments

• reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    I like this album hehe i do it's good, but my fave MCR song is Astro Zombies good shit, and i wondered why all the teenagers were in love with the lead singer, after watching them now i know, forget Eddie Vedder i want Gerard Way..badly :D i also think i'm having ma mid life crisis too young but fuk it :D

Leanne you need cleansing of this affliction, what has become of your tortured mind?:)
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • amentvedderamentvedder Posts: 3,610
    Leanne you need cleansing of this affliction, what has become of your tortured mind?:)

HAHA I don't know man, it started with Fall Out Boy :o it's a slippery slope i do apologise, all i know is i'm quite enjoying myself lol
  • angryyoungmanangryyoungman Medford, NY Posts: 1,028
    Call me "Johnny Come Lately", but I absolutely love this band. I haven't been really excited about new music for about ten years or so, but this band blows me away.

Their new album, "The Black Parade" is simply amazing. I realize they've been around for a couple years now, but I'm just now catching on. Their appearance on SNL last week grabbed me, but sampling the songs on iTunes hooked me.

I know this sounds like an ad for the band, but I'm truly excited about their brand of jam.

Any thoughts?
    i agree with you, im in the same boat, was never a big fan but i like the new song alot and i even went out and bought the album, although i havent been compelled to listen to it yet
    i have wished for so long, how i wish for you today
    JEFFREY ROSS ROGERS 1975-2002

9.10.98 NYC / 8.23.00 JONES BEACH /4.30.03 UNIONDALE / 7.9.03 NYC /5.12.06 ALBANY/ 6.1.06 E.RUTHEFORD/ 6.3.06 E. RUTHEFORD/ CAMDEN 6.19.08/ NYC 6.24.08/ NYC 6.25.08/ HARTFORD 6.27.08/ CHICAGO 8.24.09/ PHILLY 10.31.09/ HARTFORD 5.15.10/ NEWARK 5.18.10/ NYC 5.20.10/ CHICAGO 7.19.13/ BROOKLYN 10.18.13/ BROOKLYN 10.19.13/ HARTFORD 10.25.13/ NYC 9.26.15/ 4.8.16 FT. LAUDERDALE/ 4.9.16 MIAMI / 5.1.16 NYC/ 5.2.16 NYC / 8.5.16 BOSTON / 8.7.16 BOSTON/ 8.20.18 CHICAGO/ 9.2.18 BOSTON/ 9.4.18 BOSTON/ 9.18.21 ASBURY PARK

finally, FUCK TICKETMASTER
    I can't stop listening to this album :D Teenagers is great but so is Dead
    I keep waiting for the "cool music" police to come and take me away :D
  • CorduroyboyCorduroyboy Posts: 1,256
    I can't stop listening to this album :D Teenagers is great but so is Dead
    I keep waiting for the "cool music" police to come and take me away :D

I can't believe you are still talking about this shitty band and how great you think they are. How does one like Pearl Jam and this shitty band? Isn't it contradictory?? You people need help, fast. The lead singer is a tool, as someone else said, he looks like Billy Corrigan's and Annie Lennox's love child. Pure shit.
    I can't believe you are still talking about this shitty band and how great you think they are. How does one like Pearl Jam and this shitty band? Isn't it contradictory?? You people need help, fast. The lead singer is a tool, as someone else said, he looks like Billy Corrigan's and Annie Lennox's love child. Pure shit.

The fact it bothers you so much is funny :D
    Is it insulting to look like Billy Corrigan's and Annie Lennox's love child??
    He is of Scottish and Italian descent, he's GORGEOUS
  • bobasfeetbobasfeet Posts: 1,113
    Bottom line...This cd will be huge and will be around for awhile.
  • brhf9 wrote:
    Is it just me or the lead singer is looking like a cross beween Billy Corgan and Annie Lennox?

very true...except they made music using progress rather than recycling
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • I am not a fan.

I don't understand the appeal of these guys.
    They obviously have a following.
    I saw them on SNL......didn't ever want to see/hear them again
    Go see The Avett Brothers!!
  • not to deffend blink-182 or anything, but green day actually started this whole emo/pop punk thing.ever hear of a cd called dookie.everyone thought they were punk if they had that cd or tape.
    Yeah but Green Day:
    A) Billie Joe doesn't sound like a whiny, crying vagina
    B) Creates great hooks in their songs
    C) Writes meaningful lyrics you can relate to (not close to Ed, but good none-the-less)
    D) Puts on a live show comparable to PJ
    E) Does not write the same album over and over, goes in a new, unique direction with each one

Think of this. PJ spawned shitty bands (Nickelback, Creed) but themselves are not shitty. Green Day spawned shitty bands (Blink 182, Good Charlotte, etc.) but are not shitty - they have sold out though, but that doesn't take away from their ability to write good music.
  • JSBEJSBE Posts: 1,077
    i love these threads. i'm going to stay out of this one though...already had my turn...
  • bobasfeet wrote:
    Bottom line...This cd will be huge and will be around for awhile.

a very important fact. because as we all know, the best bands are the ones that are huge and get really famous. i think this album is a perfect example of really talented and skilled musicians making incredible music and getting the recognition they deserve. what a great and intelligent band.

if you agree with that statement, you need to be sent to camp x-ray.
  • chikevinchikevin Posts: 421
    what i hate even more than this band or people who "respect" this band are the people who refer to them as "my chem." i wanna stab them in their eyes.

stab them in their eyes, eh? kinda harsh...

i bet their fans have a board right now where someone says, 'what i hate even more than this band or people who 'respect' this band are the people so obsessed with pearl jam they're known as the 'jamily.' i wanna stab them in their eyes.

by the by...they're ok. there's much worse out there.
    chikevin wrote:

i bet their fans have a board right now where someone says, 'what i hate even more than this band or people who 'respect' this band are the people so obsessed with pearl jam they're known as the 'jamily.' i wanna stab them in their eyes.

hahahahah :D
  • bobasfeetbobasfeet Posts: 1,113
    a very important fact. because as we all know, the best bands are the ones that are huge and get really famous. i think this album is a perfect example of really talented and skilled musicians making incredible music and getting the recognition they deserve. what a great and intelligent band.

if you agree with that statement, you need to be sent to camp x-ray.

Hey..I was just stating what I believe will happen. You need to lighten up.
    This thread is getting amusing please carry on.:)
  • CorduroyboyCorduroyboy Posts: 1,256
    The fact it bothers you so much is funny :D
    Is it insulting to look like Billy Corrigan's and Annie Lennox's love child??
    He is of Scottish and Italian descent, he's GORGEOUS

I know we are all entitled to what music we choose to listen to. And liking many different bands is not a problem. But I do not understand how one can love Pearl Jam as you do, and on the same token like this shit. And no it's not insulting, it's a comment about the love child. The dude is busted in the face. Nothing wrong with being gay, but he's clearly gay. And did I mention I hate this genre of music and bands. In time they will all go away.
    danny72688 wrote:
    Yeah but Green Day:
    C) Writes meaningful lyrics you can relate to (not close to Ed, but good none-the-less)
    E) Does not write the same album over and over, goes in a new, unique direction with each one

Think of this. PJ spawned shitty bands (Nickelback, Creed) but themselves are not shitty. Green Day spawned shitty bands (Blink 182, Good Charlotte, etc.) but are not shitty - they have sold out though, but that doesn't take away from their ability to write good music.
    i choose to ignore metsfans complete and total lack of ability to type or spell anything, so let me get on with it. . .

while green day does happen to be one of my favorite bands, there live show does not compare to pj's. the first time i saw green day i thought it was one of the best shows id ever seen, until i saw them again later in the tour and they basically played the same show almost note for note. pj is like a box of chocolates, you never know what your gonna get. . .

9.10.98 NYC / 8.23.00 JONES BEACH /4.30.03 UNIONDALE / 7.9.03 NYC /5.12.06 ALBANY/ 6.1.06 E.RUTHEFORD/ 6.3.06 E. RUTHEFORD/ CAMDEN 6.19.08/ NYC 6.24.08/ NYC 6.25.08/ HARTFORD 6.27.08/ CHICAGO 8.24.09/ PHILLY 10.31.09/ HARTFORD 5.15.10/ NEWARK 5.18.10/ NYC 5.20.10/ CHICAGO 7.19.13/ BROOKLYN 10.18.13/ BROOKLYN 10.19.13/ HARTFORD 10.25.13/ NYC 9.26.15/ 4.8.16 FT. LAUDERDALE/ 4.9.16 MIAMI / 5.1.16 NYC/ 5.2.16 NYC / 8.5.16 BOSTON / 8.7.16 BOSTON/ 8.20.18 CHICAGO/ 9.2.18 BOSTON/ 9.4.18 BOSTON/ 9.18.21 ASBURY PARK

I know we are all entitled to what music we choose to listen to. And liking many different bands is not a problem. But I do not understand how one can love Pearl Jam as you do, and on the same token like this shit. And no it's not insulting, it's a comment about the love child. The dude is busted in the face. Nothing wrong with being gay, but he's clearly gay. And did I mention I hate this genre of music and bands. In time they will all go away.

gerardwaywa6.jpg

Where on his face is it busted??? Seriously though? His face looks damn fine to me
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    danny72688 wrote:
    Yeah but Green Day:

just correcting corduoryboy thats all.no need to give me the riot act bout things i know
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• chikevin wrote:

wrong. i dont care what people on the mcr board say, they are not credible. and, i could care less if people think pearl jam suck, they aren't my favorite band, and they are not a band i would stick up for compared to other bands.

there is not much worse out there. there is none worse.

baa hum bug.
  • wrong. i dont care what people on the mcr board say, they are not credible. and, i could care less if people think pearl jam suck, they aren't my favorite band, and they are not a band i would stick up for compared to other bands.

there is not much worse out there. there is none worse.

baa hum bug.

They aren't credible because the music they listen to? Haha, you're a riot. Prime example of everything that's wrong in this world today.
    Pearl Jam Album Rankings
    ---
    1. Ten
    2. Vs.
    3. Pearl Jam
    4. Binaural
    5. No Code
    6. Riot Act
    7. Yield
    8. Vitalogy

Pearl Jam Song Rankings
    ---
    1. Black
    2. Rearviewmirror
    3. Light Years
    4. Given to Fly
    5. Severed Hand
  • pj_zombie wrote:
    They aren't credible because the music they listen to? Haha, you're a riot. Prime example of everything that's wrong in this world today.

yes. and, i'll take being a riot as a compliment.

if you think everyone should be all hippied out and be tolerant of any kind of "music" being farted out into the mainstream, you are on another planet. i think shitty music sucks, and i think the people who support processed fart noises such as my chemical buttfuck are just morons sucked into a fad. they have no taste and are nowhere near credible. those people are what's wrong in the world today.

so, to kinda conclude here...yes, they aren't credible because of the "music" they listen to. i'll take somebody a shitload more seriously if they dig bands that put out good tunes rather than somebody that likes mtv penis bands like my chemical fuckface, yellowcrap and such.

would you take a 11-year old brat more seriously than a post-graduate scholar on foreign policy? didn't think so. unless you think "everybody's equal man, everybody's entitled to their own opinions bro..."

eat me.
    Did I mention I'm not a fan?:D
    Did I mention I'm not a fan?:D

Yeh..but you weren't a pure dick about it :D
    Yeh..but you weren't a pure dick about it :D

I know, I'm just keeping it alive, enjoying the fun of the slagging match, where did my life go?:)
  • i choose to ignore metsfans complete and total lack of ability to type or spell anything, so let me get on with it. . .

while green day does happen to be one of my favorite bands, there live show does not compare to pj's. the first time i saw green day i thought it was one of the best shows id ever seen, until i saw them again later in the tour and they basically played the same show almost note for note. pj is like a box of chocolates, you never know what your gonna get. . .
    I guess I should do some research then. I've only seen them twice but they were seperate tours. I guess one Green Day show is comparable to one PJ show in my book, but total tours, PJ rules :cool:
    just correcting corduoryboy thats all.no need to give me the riot act bout things i know
    Sorry :cool:
    Gotta defend my favorite sell outs ;)
  • I think people are just afraid of emo music. I for one don't life emo music and make fun of it. But i do like the new mcr cd. If you would listen to it...it really sounds more like queen than emo.
    i gather speed...from u fucking with me

"i am the first man to shit my pants ya whew!"

its no crime to escape..theres still time to escape...theres still time so escape...

"yellow ledbetter is like the smoke after a 3 hour fuckfest" - 62strat

st.louis 04, chicago 06, and counting...
    yes. and, i'll take being a riot as a compliment.

if you think everyone should be all hippied out and be tolerant of any kind of "music" being farted out into the mainstream, you are on another planet. i think shitty music sucks, and i think the people who support processed fart noises such as my chemical buttfuck are just morons sucked into a fad. they have no taste and are nowhere near credible. those people are what's wrong in the world today.

so, to kinda conclude here...yes, they aren't credible because of the "music" they listen to. i'll take somebody a shitload more seriously if they dig bands that put out good tunes rather than somebody that likes mtv penis bands like my chemical fuckface, yellowcrap and such.

would you take a 11-year old brat more seriously than a post-graduate scholar on foreign policy? didn't think so. unless you think "everybody's equal man, everybody's entitled to their own opinions bro..."

eat me.
    dude, no need to be a db, just say you dont like them and be on your merry way. i'd venture to say you've never listened to there new album, i was not a big fan of theirs but i like their new album. and stop with the elitist bullshit, no one cares who you do/do not deem credible. especially since you do it based on what bands they like. . . what are the bands that you like?

• dude, no need to be a db, just say you dont like them and be on your merry way. i'd venture to say you've never listened to there new album, i was not a big fan of theirs but i like their new album. and stop with the elitist bullshit, no one cares who you do/do not deem credible. especially since you do it based on what bands they like. . . what are the bands that you like?

-what is the point of a forum if you are not supposed to chime in on what you think? i won't be on my merry way, especially when i see countless people on a pearl jam board liking an awful, manufactured band.

-i actually had to listen to the album to do a cd review for the newspaper i write for. so...uh, you venture isn't correct.

-you call it elitist, i call it real. there are iffy band out there that may or may not be credible: the strokes, kings of leon, etc. but then there are those that are NOT credible, and it's blatantly obvious: my chemical puke, yellowcard, linkin park, etc.

-i'd say 90& of the bands i dig are 100% credible, the other 10% fall in that iffy category including the strokes, the hives, the offspring, oasis, etc. random 90s/2000s bands.

...dig?