Foo Fighters - Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace

124»

Comments

• Benzor wrote:
    2 and a half in the magazine

lol, well they need to make their bloody minds up - the deaf bastards!
  • this album is so good. i think the foo fighters really keep growing as a band like pearl jam does, and are at their best right now. i cant wait for a tour. they are going to tour the US to support this album right? i dont know if i can drop 100 bucks plus gas/tolls to AC for that show even though i want to badly.
  • chris05chris05 Posts: 347
    i really hope they play somewhere close to me in Canada, cause im going for sure. They should come to the rock, fuck if PJ and the White Stripes could why cant the foo's.
    Who cares if the world is going down the toilet? Eddie Vedder got his mojo back!
  • Entertainment Weekly gave it an "A" and called it a "perfect album" and Beatlesque. WoW. Yes, one of my favorites is Let It Die. Apparently, Grohl described some anger towards Courtney and sorrow towards Kurt as his influence in this song.
  • Entertainment Weekly gave it an "A" and called it a "perfect album" and Beatlesque. WoW. Yes, one of my favorites is Let It Die. Apparently, Grohl described some anger towards Courtney and sorrow towards Kurt as his influence in this song.

Yeah, Entertainment Weekly and People gave the album spectacular reviews, but both Rolling Stone and Spin were so flat in their response. I swear they must have listened to it once all the way through, not noticing the great guitar work on it, or Dave's great singing (the best of his career to date) or the branching out of genre's that they've never done before, or the fact that "Let It Die", "Summer's End", and "Statues" are flat-out classic songs...it shouldn't be as irritating to me as it is, but this is an album I feel very strongly about and I hope the public proves them wrong.
    What I Should Have Said...Was Nothing.
  • Overall I love this album except for the song in the middle that sounds like come 70s soft rock crapola that would be resurected for some gap commercial or american idol contestant. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE The Pretender. God I could listen to that song over and over.
  • I've never been a big Foo Fighters fan, my older brother had all their albums, I liked their singles so I listened to them and they just seemed so bland (except the singles.) So I never really bothered with them.

Then, last October, they opened for Bob Dylan, playing an all accoustic show, and it was stunning, it was beautifully amazing. The best show I've ever seen. I went back to their albums, and unfortunately, they still seemed quite bland to me. But I really liked The Pretender so I picked up the new album and am genuinely surprised how great it is. I love the song Statues:

"We're just ordinary people you and me, time will turn us into statues eventually"

That is a near perfect line. I love this album.

There's no real point to this thread except that I aprove of this new album.
    "I'm a thief, and I dig it"
  • T-CaseT-Case Posts: 186
    allornone wrote:
    Rolling Stone only gave it 2 1/2 stars, WTF? Every other review I read about the album has been great. I've only listened to the first two songs so far, but they are both great.
    Rolling Stone also said that Kurt Cobain was the 12th greatest guitarist of all time

Really solid album from what ive listened to so far (up to But Honestly at the moment) cant wait for their support tour, really want to see them live

the only song i really didnt like was long road to ruin, it kind of sounded too much like a bon jovi track for my tastes, but overall im really liking this new effort by the foos
    PJ at MSG in 2008! Mission Accomplished

The band all knows. We're too afraid to mention.
    Don't want to be part of Frank's luncheon.
    Lose weight. Be safe. Where's Mike McCready?
    My god he's been ate!
  • Right now I'm listening this album and loving it.
    I think it's better than "In your Honor".
    Let's say knowledge is a tree, yeah.
    It's growing up just like me.
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    Long Road To Ruin was never one of my early favs when I first picked it up, but since it's been released as a single, this song has won me over. Extremely catchy, crank it all the time now. Another Foo classic for me.
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2