Foo Fighters - Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace

AzwethinkweizAzwethinkweiz Posts: 547
edited September 2007 in Other Music
New album right around the corner.

First single, The Pretender, is fucking awesome.

I'm definitely looking forward to this. Anyone else?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Indian SummerIndian Summer Posts: 2,296
    I thought pretender was kinda blah...hoping for better on the album though.
    "It's all happening"
  • CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    I was surprised with pretender.....after the piece of shit they last put out (my own opinion..don't bash me on it). I am looking forward to this new album so much!
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
    I was surprised with pretender.....after the piece of shit they last put out (my own opinion..don't bash me on it). I am looking forward to this new album so much!

I agree...that last album was just mediocre at best...and that's being generous.
    "It's all happening"
    I agree...that last album was just mediocre at best...and that's being generous.
    well I'm glad to hear someone who agrees!
    well I'm glad to hear someone who agrees!

I don't think i would have been as disappointed with the last one if they hadn't over-hyped it as much. I mean before that thing came out, they acted as if it was gonna change music history...like it was going to define the Foo's career...but it just sounded like something I could walk down to the corner pub and hear.
    "It's all happening"
    I don't think i would have been as disappointed with the last one if they hadn't over-hyped it as much. I mean before that thing came out, they acted as if it was gonna change music history...like it was going to define the Foo's career...but it just sounded like something I could walk down to the corner pub and hear.
    yeah the hype was a little ridiculous. I was all excited went out and got it...played it an was like...."Oh...hmmm..ok."
    I'm hoping this new album isn't like that....keeping fingers crossed. :)
  • btb002btb002 Posts: 183
    The Foo Fighters have always been a band where I've been pleased with every release. In Your Honor has grown on me. Their first two albums have been my favorites though.
    You are just a negative mindless pud.
    btb002 wrote:
    The Foo Fighters have always been a band where I've been pleased with every release. In Your Honor has grown on me. Their first two albums have been my favorites though.
    there was an energy with those two that I don't feel like they've been able to capture lately. (imo)
  • Grohl was at his best from 1994-1996. Almost everything he's done since then has been embarassment after embarassment, and their new single is no exception. I'm glad that Pearl Jam haven't gone down that road. Having 5 songwriters in the band helps, I'm sure.
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    im not blown away by the new single. it sounds like pretty generic foo fighters to me. in your honor was alright, but nothing mind-blowing. the album before that was pretty bad. but there is nothing left to lose is one of my fav albums so im willing to give the new one a chance.
  • Dave Grohl is just an awesome frontman. He never dissapoints.
  • suns22suns22 Posts: 94
    I like In Your Honor. My second favorite behind Colour and The Shape.

Really looking forward to the new one. Hopefully there will be a tour as well.
    San Antonio '03
    Houston '03
    Dallas '03
    Hopefully more to come in TX.......some day.
    Bonnaroo '08
    suns22 wrote:
    I like In Your Honor. My second favorite behind Colour and The Shape.

Really looking forward to the new one. Hopefully there will be a tour as well.
    I'm sure there will be...on itunes if you pre order the album you can qualify for presale ticket for the tour..though no dates are listed yet.
  • I love the new single. It's catchy and energetic. If the rest of the album is representative, I doubt it'll disappoint. It kinda reminds me of old Foo (1st 2 albums are definitely still the best). Can't wait to see them at the LA Invasion.!!! Hopefully, they'll play more of their new stuff.
  • i like matt.ci like matt.c Posts: 1,121
    I love The Pretender. Foo's are the best. I've heard two other songs from the new album ( Cheer Up Boys... and Come Alive) and they're awesome. Really looking forward to it, but you could say I'm bias cause Taylor Hawkins is my hero (no pun intended).
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    yeh,m im lookin forward to it. i will def see them if and when they tour oz
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • chittychitty Posts: 609
    I am excited for this album. The pretender has grown on me alot, but still it is nothing compared to Best of You, probably the best song in the past five years (imo)
  • bobasfeetbobasfeet Posts: 1,113
    I hear rumors of a leak.
  • Missed out on tickets to see them at Newcastle, did'nt even realise they were playing till a couple of weeks ago, so I'm gutted.
    I enjoyed the last album IYH, although I agree with others that they have'nt had the energy of the first two albums, Pretender sounds like it does though.
    I also enjoyed the Skin and Bones dvd release w/ Hyde park as well, while Foos have not had the energy in the studio they always have it live.
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • In Your HOnour was underwhaleming. How many songs can you write that are jsut octaves. Ya gotta oull out a different riff someime. I liked One by One though, much more dynamic. Not sure if I can get excited about anopther release, do like DAve though, when is he joining Led Zeppelin ??
    Music is not a competetion.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    In Your HOnour was underwhaleming. How many songs can you write that are jsut octaves. Ya gotta oull out a different riff someime. I liked One by One though, much more dynamic. Not sure if I can get excited about anopther release, do like DAve though, when is he joining Led Zeppelin ??

agree. IYH was underwhelming. but so much of what foos do these days is. i hope ESPG is just a knocked on your arse barnstormer. and like all their other releases i'll give it a chance cause it's dave, you know. there's no doubt they deliver live, i just wish they could transfer that to vinyl.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    I love the foo fighters, would rate the albums in this order

Colour and the Shape
    self titled
    In Your Honour
    Nothing left to lose
    One by One

I thought after one by one they had perhaps run their course as i dont really like it, but really liked In Your Honour. The first song ive heard from the new album i have to admit i dont like at all, hoping the album is a bit better.
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • chris01chris01 Posts: 559
    The producer on this album is the guy who did TC&TS with them so i have high hopes.

I like the new single, first time i heard it, the intro sounded stairway to heaven-y to me.
  • Anyone have the leak? I've heard it's out there, but apparently it's not on OINK, so... yeah... OINK is pretty up there on if it would be out or not, but we'll see.
    If I could, think I would give in.
  • I just saw the video for this today on MTV2 (or whatever its called). I'm so happy to see them making The Rock again.
  • mole1985mole1985 Posts: 1,119
    I havent listened to any foos since 'There's nothing left to loose' but i've got tickets to see them in November so i need to catch up.
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,943
    First three records were great IMHO.
    The 4th record was a crap, I still dislike it, the latest one was better but the acoustic cd is fuckin boring I'm sorry I never listen to it.
    I think FF became a mediocre rock band and that's it (still better than the 21 st century RHCP).
    Dave should return behind the drums, he is not either a really good frontman or guitarist.
    Budapest.Budapest.Arnhem.Antwerpen.Vienna.Madrid.Katowice.Nova_rock.Nijmegen.Rotterdam.Berlin.Dublin.Belfast.London.Venice.Prague.Stockholm.Copenhagen.Vienna.Leeds.Milton_keynes.Padova.Prague.Seattle1.Seattle2.Chicago1.Budapest.Cracow.Vienna..>>>LONDON.BERLIN1.BERLIN2
    Eddie: Dublin & London
  • stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    I think Dave Grohl is a fantastic frontman actually. Lots of energy and knows exactly how to work the crowd.
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    stu gee wrote:
    I think Dave Grohl is a fantastic frontman actually. Lots of energy and knows exactly how to work the crowd.

have to agree ... the first show I went to was because I kind of liked the band but wasn't a huge fan ... but after that show seeing Dave give it his all and having an amazing time (both him and me :) ) I have seen them three more times and am going to two shows in November.

For me seeing them is about the show not just the music.
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • mole1985mole1985 Posts: 1,119
    Yeah I like Dave as a frontman but I thought the Foos have become a bit....boring a bit too commercial in their sound maybe? Still I havent heard in your honour and i need to give the one before that another listen. They are also doing some more UK shows next year but no one knows where yet.
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007