No more audioslave

124»

Comments

• a5pja5pj Posts: 3,881
    Davanita wrote:
    but the thought of Soundgarden reuniting fucking scares me!!!!!! :(
    what if Matt leaves PJ.... we'll be in big fucking trouble.

HAHA not likley, PJ is about due for another drummer anyways :)
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    this made me VERY FUCKING MAD yesterday!!! I almost punched through my windshield!
  • gibbitsgibbits Posts: 507
    I saw Audioslave a year or two ago…IMO the two best songs they played were Rusty Cage and Killing in the Name (also the biggest crowd response)…..guess that shows how I feel about this.

When the Battle of Los Angeles came out, I remember thinking that RATM was getting stale, formulaic (not that the album isn’t GREAT - it is)…. But after years of withdrawal, I could go for another big dose o’ that formula. Plus, I’ve never seen Rage live…I can’t even imagine the intensity….PLEASE tour RATM!!!

I saw slave 3 times, and I thought that Spoonman and Bulls got the biggest response, but nonetheless it still proves your point. For the record I loved all three AS albums but don't think they were the sum of their parts.
  • I saw Audioslave at MSG in '05, I can definitely echo those sentiments. When the band broke into Spoonman without warning and let Bulls on Parade loose, the crowd went fucking nuts (The audience also nailed every "Come wit it now!").

Still, some great stuff came out of Audioslave. I Am the Highway, Cochise, Your Time Has Come, Doesn't Remind Me, #1 Zero, Revelations, One and the Same, and Sound of a Gun are some favorites. There's some good unreleased material to look forward to as well - Techno Ted and Sleight of Hand (lol), specifically.
  • LovetheJam wrote:
    No one here as addressed the last Chris Cornell solo stuff....I went to see him at the Beacon...and I was REALLY disappointed.

I hope his new solo is better than the last attempt.

Anyone else?

I agree with you - along with Eddie, Chris is my favorite singer but I found his solo album in '99 REALLY disappointing! Strange, becuz on his own before he sang "Seasons" for "The Singles" soundtrack and that was sooooo great! I hope he's back in form solo wise for this new album.

BTW, I just picked this Swedish acoustic set from Chris out of another thread and it's truly excellent!!

http://www.triadpictures.com/audioslave/index.php?dir=CHRIS%20CORNELL/Unplugged%20in%20Sweeden/
    Live and let live
    That's what I always say
    Anyone who can't understand that should be killed

-George Carlin
  • Fury Three wrote:
    Soundgarden could probably get by with a different drummer, but then would it even be right to reform? Can they honestly add anything to where they left off?

If you think Soundgarden could get by without Matt you don't understand them. Who could ever reproduce Jesus Christ Pose, My Wave or Burden in My Hand? No one.Those odd time signatures define them as a band.
    So sorry to fuck up the Pearl Jam party but he is and always will be the Soundgarden drummer.
  • If you think Soundgarden could get by without Matt you don't understand them. Who could ever reproduce Jesus Christ Pose, My Wave or Burden in My Hand? No one.Those odd time signatures define them as a band.
    So sorry to fuck up the Pearl Jam party but he is and always will be the Soundgarden drummer.

100% agree. no soundgarden without matt.