No more audioslave

Comments

• Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
    I was surprised that Chris Cornell worked with the three members of RATM to begin with. In the beginning, if I remember correctly, he made it clear he didn't want to do any political songs. Like that was a condition he posed to the members of RATM if he was to join them. I couldn't understand how Tom Morello could be in a band without using it as a vehicle for not just artistic expression, but also expression of other ways of viewing the world. Am I the only one that's surprised it's lasted this long?
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Ms. Haiku wrote:
    I was surprised that Chris Cornell worked with the three members of RATM to begin with. In the beginning, if I remember correctly, he made it clear he didn't want to do any political songs. Like that was a condition he posed to the members of RATM if he was to join them. I couldn't understand how Tom Morello could be in a band without using it as a vehicle for not just artistic expression, but also expression of other ways of viewing the world. Am I the only one that's surprised it's lasted this long?
    no i agree with ya... probably why audioslaves latest was such a flop too while there first was actually a good rocker... cornell doesnt do political...
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Eeek. I figured when the rest of the band decided to do RATM again something was up, but I didn't wanna believe a complete breakup. Guess that's the nature of these super-bands nowadays.
    http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2007/02/15/999-percent-chance-of-audioslave-breakup/
    I know this probably belongs on the other bands thread, but I figure i let the porchers know too.

Guess no dream shows of audioslave and pearl jam! :(

that's a shame, but honestly...not all that surprising. i really like audioslave, but yes, i didn't think they'd have a prolific career as a group. rage mixed with cornell seemed an uneasy mix musically to me. i think cornell will probably be happier as a solo artist, and i would LOVE to see rage reunite. :)

the end of that article...wtf?! peter gabriel with rage members???!!! huh? seriously, i ADORE gabriel....adore rage...but they have nothing in common musically and woul;d be a bizarre mix to say the least. :p

eh, no matter what..i wish them all the best and i do hope we hear more from them ALL muscially in the future...in whatever individual incarnations that may occur.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• sgossard3 wrote:
    ohhh please... how much modeling has he even really done??... give the guy a break... he cant help that hes beautiful

Have you seen his myspace page? Its comedy... he "models" for any camera that is pointed his way... nothing wrong with being beautiful but I think he is more concerned with his image and the clothes he has on than much else these days...
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • Have you seen his myspace page? Its comedy... he "models" for any camera that is pointed his way... nothing wrong with being beautiful but I think he is more concerned with his image and the clothes he has on than much else these days...
    he has a myspace?? oh lord i have to see this....

• Marie CurieMarie Curie Posts: 1,250
    Have you seen his myspace page? Its comedy... he "models" for any camera that is pointed his way... nothing wrong with being beautiful but I think he is more concerned with his image and the clothes he has on than much else these days...

Ah, just confess it! You have a man crush on him, looking at those pictures just makes you feel uncomfortable :p
    “Life is life everywhere. Life is in ourselves and not outside us. There will be men beside me, and the important thing is to be a man among men and to remain a man always, whatever the misfortunes, not to despair and not to fall - that is the aim of life, that is its purpose.”
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  • sgossard3 wrote:
    he has a myspace?? oh lord i have to see this....
    i just asked him to be my bands friend... hehe... i didnt see anything that shockin on his page... i wish he was my dad... cute kids...

• Audioslave blows Rage outta the water. Zach is a no talent bum. For example he couldnt do one thing on his own, since the rest of rage formed Audioslave. Also Morello never played any melody before he joined Audioslave. Cornells solo album will be great just like every cd he puts out.

SHOCKJOCK
  • robowskirobowski Posts: 143
    is cornell a primadonna or what? i think he's too all about himself - and i doubt that soundgarden would ever reunite for a serious tour

maybe a reunion concert - but what about matt cam? if he goes away for a while - who would fill his spot? maybe jack irons hhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmm
    As you live your life in sometimes quiet desperation, facing adversity and tragedy: if you have hope and love, that mixture helps you overcome that tragedy and go on with the rest of your life.”
    --Jack Lengyel
  • Ah, just confess it! You have a man crush on him, looking at those pictures just makes you feel uncomfortable :p

No they make me laugh cause I can see him thinking while he's looking at the camera... "I am soooo good looking" "Look at my pose.... look at my pursed lips, so good looking" please... sing a fucking song pretty boy! :D
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • ""Much prefer Audioslave....can't stand Rage's "singer" if you could call it singing. A Soundgarden reunion would be unbelievable.""

I am a huge Rage fan, and I dont consider Zach a 'singer'...I consider him a amazing performer...and anyone who has SEEN rage can vouch with me on this.

Soundgarden reunion could happen...but only if Matt Cameron LEFT Pearl Jam....and I think he is comfortable with his position...and will remain with PJ.

Get rid of Matt, let him go to soundgarden, bring back Dave A!! I like Matt in soundgarden NOT PJ, he ruins their sound. Just listen to riot act...self-titled is a step up, but not quite there.
    Whats got the whole world faking?
  • Get rid of Matt, let him go to soundgarden, bring back Dave A!! I like Matt in soundgarden NOT PJ, he ruins their sound. Just listen to riot act...self-titled is a step up, but not quite there.

dave a will never be welcomed back. Forget it. Let it go
    Something never thought you'd be part of
  • ii44ii44 Posts: 430
    Get rid of Matt, let him go to soundgarden, bring back Dave A!! I like Matt in soundgarden NOT PJ, he ruins their sound. Just listen to riot act...self-titled is a step up, but not quite there.

I am dumber for having read this.
  • Get rid of Matt, let him go to soundgarden, bring back Dave A!! I like Matt in soundgarden NOT PJ, he ruins their sound. Just listen to riot act...self-titled is a step up, but not quite there.

Yeah just what we need... more fucking symbols :rolleyes:
  • audioslave will be missed.
    2003: Toronto
    2004: Boston 1
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto (1&2)
    2007: LOLLAPALOOZA
    2008: Mansfield (1& 2), EV Toronto
    2009:Toronto
    2010: Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011: EV Detroit, East Troy (1&2), Toronto (1&2) Hamilton
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014: Milan, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Detroit
  • audioslave will be missed.

I like their music too. I'm a huge Rage fan and moderate Cornell fan. I was happy when they chose Cronell over another rapper to just replace Zach and instead formed something new. a lot of people are saying things in this thread like "about time Audioslave split" but who cares. I'm a fan of the three albums they put out. lots of good tunes on those albums. and hopefully now that they're through, Cornell flourishes in whatever he wants to do next and that there's a full fledged Rage reunion (and a new album!)
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Like my spelling. I loved Rage. Soundgarden sounded cool. I just can't stand Chris. This may sound silly, but I don't think the guy can sing live at all! He almost doens't sound good on the albums. You know he's using some kind of voice ( i don't know what it's called) correction junk in the studio. He just has to be using something. Could you imagine if eddie vedder or someone like thom yorke sounded like a screaming cat live? Fans would burn their cd's. Eddie sounds better live than in the studio. That's important to me. I think Chris C's best stuff is acoustic slower songs. He's one of the best. But when he tries to hit those higher notes, watch out.
  • noalarms wrote:
    I loved Rage. Soundgarden sounded cool. I just can't stand Chris. This may sound silly, but I don't think the guy can sing live at all! He almost doens't sound good on the albums. You know he's using some kind of voice ( i don't know what it's called) correction junk in the studio.

hmm......I disagree but I see where you're coming from. I do think Cornell is overrated. some people try to put his voice up there with Roger Daltry, Robert Plant, and Steven Tyler, the great high pitched rock singers. he's not even close. and while I've never seen him live, he doesn't sound too good on bootlegs i've heard. but i don't know he's using "voice correction junk" in the studio. I think it probably just takes him many takes to get it right.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • You may be right about the many takes in the studio. But still. You should do something you can pull off live. I even feel the same way about eddie sometimes. "lukin" some versions of "comatose" waiting to see if they do "love reing o'er me". I like chris's slower acoustic stuff. Just stay away from the higher stuff. You have got to know your limits.
  • DarkStarDarkStar Posts: 734
    from the fanclub:
    Dear Audiophiles,

We know that most of you have heard the news that Audioslave have disbanded. According to a report from Billboard:

"Cornell Splits Audioslave, Covers Michael Jackson Audioslave

February 15, 2007, 4:10 PM ET

Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.
    Chris Cornell has split Audioslave, the band he formed with three former members of Rage Against The Machine, due to unspecified "irresolvable personality conflicts as well as musical differences," according to a statement."

Now we know that many of you are wondering what this means for you as fan club members. There was no tour, no second newsletter (we were in the planning/design stages), and some of you have joined recently. We know that you're mad and some are furious, thinking that we are somehow ripping you off. We will say that was NEVER our intention. Money is not and never has been our motivation. We will try to do what we can for as many members as we can. What this means, is that we are going to refund those members who have joined within the last three months- from November 15th until today. Those who have joined from the 6 month mark out, from August 15th until now, we will have to see what money we have left. We will try to give these members a partial reimbursement, however we cannot promise this. Unfortunately, we cannot give reimbursements to any members who have been with us for six months or over.

We are fans, just like you, and have only found out about this disbandment today, just as you all did. We are truly sorry that we did not have more news and updates for you. Would we have started this fan club if we had known then what we know now? For our love of all things Audioslave, yes, but under different circumstances (i.e. free , no welcome packets, etc.).

The forum will remain open until May 4th, the one year mark of the fan club's beginning. We will be available to you until this day.

We wish you all the best,
    The Audiophiles Team
    Halo
    In the Fog
    The Virus
    Army of One
    Gypsy Moth
    Autumn Moon
    Bowl Weevil
    emerpus_ocat
    eyes like oceans
    Gasolina

ds
    And no one sings me lullabyes
    And no one makes me close my eyes
    So I throw the windows wide
    And call to you across the sky....
  • sucks to be those fans who ponied up the $
    Something never thought you'd be part of
  • a5pja5pj Posts: 3,881
    yeah i just read that bulletin on myspace as well, sucks thats its official now. Damn and I was in their fan club too...

Well here's to 3 great records that they put out.
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Audioslave's last CD was not real good.
    Lolla St. Paul 1992
    Minneapolis 1998
    Minneapolis 2003
    St. Paul 2006
    Kansas City 2010
    Wrigley 2013
    St. Paul 2014
    Wrigley1 2016
    St. Paul Night 1 2023
    St. Paul Night 2 2023
  • DavanitaDavanita Posts: 854
    RAGE back together again = awesome.
    Chris solo album = awesome.
    Audioslave break-up = i don't care. never really liked them together.

but the thought of Soundgarden reuniting fucking scares me!!!!!! :(
    what if Matt leaves PJ.... we'll be in big fucking trouble.
    Jon Stewart: "[about Russia's new president]...Dmitri Medevvvevv.... Dmitri Meh..... Dmitri M.! Or... as George W. Bush would probably pronounce it... Eddie Vedder."

i mean there nothing compared to soundgarden and ratm and never will be
    best to quit while their ahead

:O maybe soundgarden will be back on the scene xP
  • parel jamparel jam Posts: 7,223
    * prays RATM will reunite and go to Europe...

** prays Soundgarden will reunite and go to Europe (except for Matt)...
    ♪♫♪♫♫

http://youtube.com/watch?v=U_-WGNRyRzU

♪♫♪♫♫
  • LovetheJam wrote:
    No one here as addressed the last Chris Cornell solo stuff....I went to see him at the Beacon...and I was REALLY disappointed.

I hope his new solo is better than the last attempt.

Anyone else?
    I agree. Euphoria Morning is 90% poop.

Make your life a mission - not an intermission. - Arnold Gasglow
  • noalarms wrote:
    Like my spelling. I loved Rage. Soundgarden sounded cool. I just can't stand Chris. This may sound silly, but I don't think the guy can sing live at all! He almost doens't sound good on the albums. You know he's using some kind of voice ( i don't know what it's called) correction junk in the studio. He just has to be using something. Could you imagine if eddie vedder or someone like thom yorke sounded like a screaming cat live? Fans would burn their cd's. Eddie sounds better live than in the studio. That's important to me. I think Chris C's best stuff is acoustic slower songs. He's one of the best. But when he tries to hit those higher notes, watch out.
    You're wrong there.

Make your life a mission - not an intermission. - Arnold Gasglow
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    I saw Audioslave a year or two ago…IMO the two best songs they played were Rusty Cage and Killing in the Name (also the biggest crowd response)…..guess that shows how I feel about this.

When the Battle of Los Angeles came out, I remember thinking that RATM was getting stale, formulaic (not that the album isn’t GREAT - it is)…. But after years of withdrawl, I could go for another big dose o’ that formula. Plus, I’ve never seen Rage live…I can’t even imagine the intensity….PLEASE tour RATM!!!
  • a reunion from Rage would make my year
    29/05/00 -Wembley
    20/04/06 - The Astoria alley crew + got to shake Ed's hand
    25/04/06 -Jools Show + got Mike's autograph
    27/08/06- 07/09/06- 09/09/06-13/09/06-17/09/06-13/06/07-18/06/07
    ...Three crooked hearts and swirls all around...