No more audioslave

Comments

• FUCK!! I'LL NEVER GET TO SEE THEM LIVE NOW!!!

But hey, if Soundgarden reunites it's worth it...
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
  • bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
    Rage Against the Machine reuniting would be sweet!!

Soundgarden reuniting would be sweet!!(But, it's not going to include Matt Cameron, cause that dashing fellow is staying with Pearl Jam)
  • ii44ii44 Posts: 430
    sgossard3 wrote:
    but PJ would be the same... nay, better with jack irons... so im totally all for the return of jack irons and soundgarden... pleeeeease :D

...and the shows would clock in at an hour thirty. Jack is a great drummer, but no thanks.
  • As far as popularity when it comes to college aged ppl and popularity on college campus's. (say this because that is the demographic audience and barometer of how "popular" music is measured) Rage probably ended Pearl Jams dominance with the audience. Cornell who? is what you'd hear right now. Rage will dominate the scene once again.
    The writing is on the wall....The Return Of Rage!
  • ii44 wrote:
    ...and the shows would clock in at an hour thirty. Jack is a great drummer, but no thanks.
    i would take shorter PJ shows for ANY SG shows... just go to more PJ to make up for the shorter show... sorry... my loyalty is honestly split 50 50 here....
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • fall by the waysidefall by the wayside Jericho, VT Posts: 756
    Im definitely a fan of both Audioslave and RATM.... its a bummer that Audioslave is done, but awesome if RATM turns this into a full-blown reunion. IMO, although both are good bands RATM>Audioslave by a landslide. RATM was just so intense. Hopefully this will give me a chance to finally catch them live!
    9/13/98, 10/4/00, 4/29/03, 6/29/03, 7/2/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 9/15/05, 9/16/05, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 10/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/25/13, 10/27/13, 9/26/15, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/5/16, 8/7/16, 8/13/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 9/26/21, 9/1/22, 9/2/22, 9/14/22, 9/18/23, 9/19/23, 9/7/24, 9/9/24, 9/12/24, 9/15/24, 9/17/24
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    ii44 wrote:

Seconded.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • ii44ii44 Posts: 430
    sgossard3 wrote:
    i would take shorter PJ shows for ANY SG shows... just go to more PJ to make up for the shorter show... sorry... my loyalty is honestly split 50 50 here....

Not me. Soungarden is dead, and even though they are one of my all time favorite bands, I think they should stay that way. No-one in either of those groups is going to fuck with the long term viability of PJ, a band that has the potential to last another 25 years, for the sake if seeing if SG can hold it together long enough to put out another record. What would be the point? (Besides a fucking great place in Dublin to play a show).
  • In terms of Audioslave somehow staying together, is anyone else thinking Maynard + the band?

Either way the return of Rage seems imminent now.

I'm on the fence regarding a Soundgarden reunion... What happens with Matt Cameron then? I don't want to see him leave Pearl Jam. Can he split his time between two bands? Soundgarden could probably get by with a different drummer, but then would it even be right to reform? Can they honestly add anything to where they left off?
  • I can't believe I just read that. Audioslave is nothing compared to Rage. To each thier own though....And I again state, Audioslave is garbage, cock rock bullshit, compared to Rage.

I love Rage.

Nothing like someone selling me a CD to tell me how much capitalism sucks.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Marie CurieMarie Curie Posts: 1,250
    I love Rage.

Nothing like someone selling me a CD to tell me how much capitalism sucks.

ahahahahahaha
    “Life is life everywhere. Life is in ourselves and not outside us. There will be men beside me, and the important thing is to be a man among men and to remain a man always, whatever the misfortunes, not to despair and not to fall - that is the aim of life, that is its purpose.”
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Fury Three wrote:
    In terms of Audioslave somehow staying together, is anyone else thinking Maynard + the band?

I'm on the fence regarding a Soundgarden reunion... What happens with Matt Cameron then? I don't want to see him leave Pearl Jam. Can he split his time between two bands? Soundgarden could probably get by with a different drummer, but then would it even be right to reform? Can they honestly add anything to where they left off?
    if soundgarden were ever to tour it be probably a one tour deal next year, i cant see chris trashing the rock icon status of soundgarden
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• kevkev Posts: 68
    i read an article last week with morello and he said he was going full time with the watchmen now....

and he said the rage gig was a one time thing....who knows though...
  • Fury Three wrote:
    In terms of Audioslave somehow staying together, is anyone else thinking Maynard + the band?

no no no... pearl jam could get by with a different drummer... soundgarden can not... im not saying this cause i want to see matt leave... its just a fact... its been proven before with PJ... if people are afraid that jack will shorten shows then find someone else... thats only if PJ can continue for a long time without matt... i can assume nothing... obviously PJ must come first

• rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
    well...it was a nice run...i guess this means were never gonna hear any revelations live...peace out
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • iamicaiamica Posts: 2,628
    That sucks. I liked Audioslave. :(
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • Dylan StoneDylan Stone Posts: 1,145
    No one here as addressed the last Chris Cornell solo stuff....I went to see him at the Beacon...and I was REALLY disappointed.

I hope his new solo is better than the last attempt.

Anyone else?
  • Much prefer Audioslave....can't stand Rage's "singer" if you could call it singing. A Soundgarden reunion would be unbelievable.
    One for each day, since I fell apart
  • Fury Three wrote:

i think brad and tim are already working with maynard on his side project, puscifer. but in terms of maynard joining audioslave? nah, i just don't see it. personally i'd rather he just stick to tool. maybe then we'll get an album more often than once every five years.

as for soundgarden, matt would probably do both bands. a soundgarden reunion would never be a full time thing, so matt could just treat it as a side project.
  • ""Much prefer Audioslave....can't stand Rage's "singer" if you could call it singing. A Soundgarden reunion would be unbelievable.""

I am a huge Rage fan, and I dont consider Zach a 'singer'...I consider him a amazing performer...and anyone who has SEEN rage can vouch with me on this.

Soundgarden reunion could happen...but only if Matt Cameron LEFT Pearl Jam....and I think he is comfortable with his position...and will remain with PJ.
    Bonnaroo -- 2008
    MSG II -- 2008
  • LovetheJam wrote:
    No one here as addressed the last Chris Cornell solo stuff....I went to see him at the Beacon...and I was REALLY disappointed.

Anyone else?

i respectfully disagree. euphoria morning is one of my favorites. :)
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    Pickr wrote:
    Would love it, but if it where to happen I feel it would have happened already.

Well, there is always the possability of a couple of one off reunions every once in awhile. If Chris shows up at a Pearl jam gig to hang out, well it's very possible. :D Hell, it's happened before (In california in 2003 or 2004), can't remember?? :confused:
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    FUCK!! I'LL NEVER GET TO SEE THEM LIVE NOW!!!

But hey, if Soundgarden reunites it's worth it...
    Ditto! I'm so fucking dissapointed I didn't get to see them :(!
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • LovetheJam wrote:

Anyone else?
    no... youre alone... cant speak for his live solo act... but the album was great... maybe a few more rockers on this one would be nice

• CitizenRickCitizenRick Posts: 1,079
    freeone wrote:
    As far as popularity when it comes to college aged ppl and popularity on college campus's. (say this because that is the demographic audience and barometer of how "popular" music is measured) Rage probably ended Pearl Jams dominance with the audience. Cornell who? is what you'd hear right now. Rage will dominate the scene once again.

My "just out of college" brother says to me upon hearing the news that Rage will play Cochella..."Yes...there's nothing more powerfull than a Rage show...it beats anything anybody has done or seen over the last eight years".

He just went me in July to the PJ in SF shows and loved every minute of it.

How soon they forget! My heart dropped a little...but I didn't say anything.

I like Rage a lot...but I don't have passion for them like I do PJ.

Point is...I think your'e right on with your theory. The "kids" love to pit.
    "Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse...of my innocense, got back my inner sence, baby got it...still got it"
  • Who knows. Maybe after Chris tours in support of his new album Soundgarden will reunite. Or maybe he'll open for PJ when they do some stateside shows and Temple of the Dog will be back or who knows.
    How cool would that be, Temple of the Dog opening for Pearl Jam. Of course everyone would be worn out after a couple of days.
    My whole life looked like a picture of a sunny day.

Summerfest 95, 06 Alpine 92, 98, 00, 03 Chicago 95, 98, 00, 03, 06, 07 Grand Rapids 04, St. John's 05 Milwaukee 08
  • “Due to irresolvable personality conflicts as well as musical differences, I am permanently leaving the band Audioslave,” Cornell said. “I wish the other three members nothing but the best in all of their future endeavors.”

Translation...

"I am much too good looking to be in the band anymore... plus everyone knows it and they look at me funny. Im just too good for this band... look at me... Im SO good looking..."

:rolleyes:

even since Chris turned into a model I've liked him a whole lot less...
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • “Due to irresolvable personality conflicts as well as musical differences, I am permanently leaving the band Audioslave,” Cornell said. “I wish the other three members nothing but the best in all of their future endeavors.”

Translation...

"I am much too good looking to be in the band anymore... plus everyone knows it and they look at me funny. Im just too good for this band... look at me... Im SO good looking..."

:rolleyes:

even since Chris turned into a model I've liked him a whole lot less...
    ohhh please... how much modeling has he even really done??... give the guy a break... he cant help that hes beautiful

• love rage and love audioslave
    but honestly audioslave i like more..just because anything with chris cornell is brilliantr to me..his effect onmusic is just out of this world..pearl jam is my absolute favorite band no one even comes close and for a long time now and still i can't listen to anything but pearl jam...but with that said all works with chris cornell are second under pearl jam.. soundgarden the most though, but solo, temple, and audioslave were amazing..i'm sorry yes even better than rage..chris's last solo album however was absolutely GENIOUS and one of the most effective and beautiful albums ever...idk this is bittersweet to me
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,477
    Audioslave blows Rage outta the water. Zach is a no talent bum. For example he couldnt do one thing on his own, since the rest of rage formed Audioslave. Also Morello never played any melody before he joined Audioslave. Cornells solo album will be great just like every cd he puts out.
    i see school's out because the kids are posting,
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken