No more audioslave

BySleightofHandBySleightofHand Posts: 73
edited February 2007 in Other Music
Eeek. I figured when the rest of the band decided to do RATM again something was up, but I didn't wanna believe a complete breakup. Guess that's the nature of these super-bands nowadays.
http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2007/02/15/999-percent-chance-of-audioslave-breakup/
I know this probably belongs on the other bands thread, but I figure i let the porchers know too.

Guess no dream shows of audioslave and pearl jam! :(
Something never thought you'd be part of
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• OMFG OMFG SOuNdGARdEN rEUNITe!!!!! LOL INTERNETS
    They're gonna tell you where to walk
    When to smile and just what to say
    They say have your own fun...

Need vinyl, doggs.
  • Good RATM owns Audioslave...which honestly I don't mind.... but given the option Rage wins everytime.....
  • CitizenRickCitizenRick Posts: 1,079
    The writing is on the wall....The Return Of Rage!
    "Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse...of my innocense, got back my inner sence, baby got it...still got it"
  • they nominate mark lanegan??? i love him but that would not mesh well at all... and what marks doing by himself now is amazing... just go back to rage dammit... glad weve got a date for chris' solo album now too... id go see for sure on a solo tour
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Marie CurieMarie Curie Posts: 1,250
    wrong forum and

OMFG OMFG SOuNdGARdEN rEUNITe!!!!! LOL INTERNETS

HELL YEAH!!!!
    “Life is life everywhere. Life is in ourselves and not outside us. There will be men beside me, and the important thing is to be a man among men and to remain a man always, whatever the misfortunes, not to despair and not to fall - that is the aim of life, that is its purpose.”
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  • HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,325
    Who knows. Maybe after Chris tours in support of his new album Soundgarden will reunite. Or maybe he'll open for PJ when they do some stateside shows and Temple of the Dog will be back or who knows.
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Audioslave blows Rage outta the water. Zach is a no talent bum. For example he couldnt do one thing on his own, since the rest of rage formed Audioslave. Also Morello never played any melody before he joined Audioslave. Cornells solo album will be great just like every cd he puts out.
  • mohomoho Posts: 541
    Excellent..... Excellent.... (evil laugh)
    JUST PLAY THE F***ING NOTE!!!
  • SchokiSchoki Posts: 5,072
    Hell maybe another solo album by Chris Cornell !? Awesome !
  • Marie CurieMarie Curie Posts: 1,250
    Schoki wrote:
    Hell maybe another solo album by Chris Cornell !? Awesome !

not maybe, "Carry on" will be released on May 1st ;)
    “Life is life everywhere. Life is in ourselves and not outside us. There will be men beside me, and the important thing is to be a man among men and to remain a man always, whatever the misfortunes, not to despair and not to fall - that is the aim of life, that is its purpose.”
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  • No more Audioslave...that blows bigtime, but if Soundgarden reunite (minus Matt), its worth it.
    8-20-92 \ 6-16-08
    10-4-96 \ 5-6-10
    9-6-98 \ 5-7-10
    4-19-03 \ 9-22-12
    10-6-04 \ 7-19-13
    6-24-06 \ 12-6-13
    10-1-14 \ 4-16-16
    \ 4-26-16 \
  • Audioslave blows Rage outta the water. Zach is a no talent bum. For example he couldnt do one thing on his own, since the rest of rage formed Audioslave. Also Morello never played any melody before he joined Audioslave. Cornells solo album will be great just like every cd he puts out.
    ???????

• call me crazy...but this SUCKKKS..
    well at least chris is doing solo album.
    as long as chris is still creating music..anything with him is great..but damn
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • They weren't great on record, but good lord were they a hoot live. Yes, that's right. A hoot.

RATM and Cornell solo are better anyway.
    Hey hey it's okay...
  • couldn't care less

I'd take Chris solo, or with Soundgarden (or Temple) over Audioslave any day.

The same goes with Rage...over Audioslave that is.

Just my opinion
    was it?....
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    releeseme wrote:
    No more Audioslave...that blows bigtime, but if Soundgarden reunite (minus Matt), its worth it.
    Why minus Matt? That is the dumbest idea yet. Matt Cameron is first and foremost Soundgarden's drummer.

Also, there is no real rumor that SG will reunite at all.

And, even if they did, nothing indicates that Matt couldn't play for both bands. I really don't see SG getting back together for anything more than a temporary basis....and we all know there is plenty of time for PJ band members to do side projects.
  • seanw1010seanw1010 Posts: 1,205
    fuck, i was just getting into audioslave.... fuck
    they call them fingers, but i never see them fing. oh, there they go
  • I hope this means RATM are back to stay. I was just listening to them at work and they were so good.
  • pjambamapjambama Posts: 126
    the good news is that rage is reuniting. one of my favorite bands!

http://www.ratm.com/
  • yes... this mean i wont have to hitchhike to CA to see rage... ill wait for them to come to me... lolla would be cool...

• I really don't know how I feel about this. It almost certainly means Rage will get back together which is amazing and Cornell on his own will be good, but together they were a force. They made some powerful and great music and the band was able to match the intensity of Cornell's voice. I think both sides sacrificed a bit to make it work, but there's no doubt they were a great band. Cornell should just travel around with an acoustic and that voice from now on.
    "I don't wanna go, from Toronto!!!" - EV '06
  • PickrPickr Posts: 161
    Audioslave blows Rage outta the water. Zach is a no talent bum. For example he couldnt do one thing on his own, since the rest of rage formed Audioslave. Also Morello never played any melody before he joined Audioslave. Cornells solo album will be great just like every cd he puts out.

I can't believe I just read that. Audioslave is nothing compared to Rage. To each thier own though....And I again state, Audioslave is garbage, cock rock bullshit, compared to Rage.
    Stix and Stones may break my bones, but More than Words will never hurt me.
  • i want to be happy about this, but i have a feeling RAGE isn't going to be that good at all anymore. cuz audioslave has turned to crap, and i don't think that changing a lead singer is going to really change much.

and didn't pj say awhile back that if soundgarden were to get back together that matt cameron would go back to them? i think now he would stay with pj, but certainly something to think about.
    i gather speed...from u fucking with me

"i am the first man to shit my pants ya whew!"

its no crime to escape..theres still time to escape...theres still time so escape...

"yellow ledbetter is like the smoke after a 3 hour fuckfest" - 62strat

st.louis 04, chicago 06, and counting...
  • ii44ii44 Posts: 430
    First of all, I liked Audioslave.

However, I'm happy, this means Chris can go solo full time, and since he's such a versatile singer he shouldn't be tied down to one musical format.

I also should own up to being wrong the whole time about "rumors of their demise being greatly exaggerated."... I'm just glad I didn't pony up $25 to join the fanclub. Did they even play *one* show after they started that thing? If not, I think there are alot of fans entitled to refunds.
  • Cornell should just travel around with an acoustic and that voice from now on.
    agreed... the idea of chris as a traveling minstrel is quite appealing...

• ii44ii44 Posts: 430
    I really hope Soundgarden doesn't reuntie, PJ and/or Soundgarden wouldn't be the same without Matt.
  • Any votes for a TEMPLE OF THE DOG reunion?

Maybe a re-release on vinyl of Hunger Strike w/ a b-side of Say Hello to Heaven!
    '96 Wash DC, '98 Chicago, '98 Indianapolis, '98 Cleveland, '00 Cincinnati, '00 Columbus, '03 Lexington, '03 Columbus, '03 Cleveland, '04 Toledo, '06 Cincinnati, '06 Cleveland, '10 Columbus, '10 Cleveland, '13 Chicago, '13 Pittsburgh
  • PickrPickr Posts: 161
    PJamhead wrote:
    Any votes for a TEMPLE OF THE DOG reunion?

Maybe a re-release on vinyl of Hunger Strike w/ a b-side of Say Hello to Heaven!

Would love it, but if it where to happen I feel it would have happened already.
    Stix and Stones may break my bones, but More than Words will never hurt me.
  • ii44 wrote:
    I really hope Soundgarden doesn't reuntie, PJ and/or Soundgarden wouldn't be the same without Matt.
    but PJ would be the same... nay, better with jack irons... so im totally all for the return of jack irons and soundgarden... pleeeeease :D

• Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    sgossard3 wrote:
    but PJ would be the same... nay, better with jack irons... so im totally all for the return of jack irons and soundgarden... pleeeeease :D
    i like the way u think
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?