What song would You commit suicide to?

Comments

• r1versr1vers Posts: 244
    i almost killed myself listening to "twilight" by elliott smith. that was a bad year.

terrible thing to say, but an excellent choice. love the song.
    "Last time I think we played that song here was like, a long time ago, and there was a bonfire in the back and people were like throwing each other into it...very exciting days but a huge fucking relief that that's not how it is tonight..." Ed Irvine Night 1 2003, after Deep
  • jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    actually no. i'm wondering why bother.

though i have to admit i had an incident a couple of weeks ago and indifference was playing.
    Cate, surely Indifference is about facing up and triumphing over pressures. You know, 'this life is doing it's best to piss me off but I aint having it, I'll take what it throws and become stronger ' type of message, or isn't it? Actually I find strength in what others may call depressing music, if a song is really beautifully executed then I find it uplifting, whatever the message on the face of it.
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
    pjtaper wrote:
    has Suicide is Painless been chosen yet? (mash theme song with words)

This version would be worthy of being the last song you ever hear...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=i-g0aBYVCgE

But like I just said, take the beauty of the pain in the song and absorb it. Let it bring strength to you and with it the urge to go on and absorb even more, rather than...!
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    "Loser" by Beck

Pretty self-explanatory and that would sum it all up.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
    dharma69 wrote:
    "Loser" by Beck

Pretty self-explanatory and that would sum it all up.

You a loser?? No way, not with that fancy blue writing!! Now cheer up.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    jamie uk wrote:
    Cate, surely Indifference is about facing up and triumphing over pressures. You know, 'this life is doing it's best to piss me off but I aint having it, I'll take what it throws and become stronger ' type of message, or isn't it? Actually I find strength in what others may call depressing music, if a song is really beautifully executed then I find it uplifting, whatever the message on the face of it.

well jamie, i was in a black mood. at such times no music is gonna make me stop what im doing. it was perhaps more about fortuitous timing than anything else.
    and yeah you're right a depressing song can be uplifting.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    well jamie, i was in a black mood. at such times no music is gonna make me stop what im doing. it was perhaps more about fortuitous timing than anything else.
    and yeah you're right a depressing song can be uplifting.
    I hear you, and in black moods I often play solemn music, but like I said I find it so beatiful at times that I just wanna hear it again, hear more, suck it all up. Never surrender to negativity, it's a pissing bastard and doesn't deserve to be nurtured, but morphed into stronger thoughts and will.
    jamie uk wrote:
    I hear you, and in black moods I often play solemn music, but like I said I find it so beatiful at times that I just wanna hear it again, hear more, suck it all up. Never surrender to negativity, it's a pissing bastard and doesn't deserve to be nurtured, but morphed into stronger thoughts and will.

well yes sucking it up can be good but sometimes.....
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    well yes sucking it up can be good but sometimes.....
    Well I'm here for the other times.
    jamie uk wrote:
    Well I'm here for the other times.

:)

anyhoo, to stay on topic, something by TOOL maybe?
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Maybe Garden
    A restaurant with a smoking section is like a swimming pool with a pissing section
    :)

anyhoo, to stay on topic, something by TOOL maybe?
    I'll give up on this one, cos the more I think about it, the more I think "I could never end it all after hearing that, it's just too excellent and I wanna hear it or something else excellent again". But as far as moving and moody soundtracks go, there's an instrumental called Orion, on Metallicas Master of Puppets that could maybe be my choice.
    jamie uk wrote:
    I'll give up on this one, cos the more I think about it, the more I think "I could never end it all after hearing that, it's just too excellent and I wanna hear it or something else excellent again". But as far as moving and moody soundtracks go, there's an instrumental called Orion, on Metallicas Master of Puppets that could maybe be my choice.

god if i heard metallica i'd wanna kill myself. :p
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    god if i heard metallica i'd wanna kill myself. :p
    Right I'll forget trying to be nice to you in future! But that is from a different era of Metallica to what we think of these days, they had the coolest bass player in the world, James had a flying V,... and they had skate boards,..baseball caps,.... and they had killer songs, no flab on that album or any before it. No poncey ear rings or eye liner, no bullshit, just the freshest, greatest new band in the world at that time. Then 5 years later came this other lot.....
    jamie uk wrote:
    Right I'll forget trying to be nice to you in future! But that is from a different era of Metallica to what we think of these days, they had the coolest bass player in the world, James had a flying V,... and they had skate boards,..baseball caps,.... and they had killer songs, no flab on that album or any before it. No poncey ear rings or eye liner, no bullshit, just the freshest, greatest new band in the world at that time. Then 5 years later came this other lot.....

oh darlin' you just totally blew it. i despise flying Vs. tis got to be gretschs or rickenbackers or i just don't care. :)

oh no jamie, i'll let you lick my icecream if you be nice to me. ;):p
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    oh darlin' you just totally blew it. i despise flying Vs. tis got to be gretschs or rickenbackers or i just don't care. :)

oh no jamie, i'll let you lick my icecream if you be nice to me. ;):p

Well I'm not big on them now, tis, rather was my adolescent years of which I wax. I don't give two hoots what guitar somebody plays these days, as long as it gets me. Mind I still like a nice baseball cap, even though it's not a real sport,...thay have nice hats-what can you do? And you've got icecream? Or are you just onto that eyebrow comment I left you with last night??ha!
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    jamie uk wrote:
    You a loser?? No way, not with that fancy blue writing!! Now cheer up.
    You like the blue? Well so do I, thank you much!

And as for "Loser"....well, there's just no more appropriate tune for anyone who would go the route of suicide.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • no body mention Elliott Smith Song?

Everyone should listen to True Love or Last Hour..amazing lyric True love is a rose behind glass
    It's locked and kept closed
    Maybe just to me
    My heart's been attacked
    Shattered by tough love, bad love
    I bought mine off the street
    True love, man, just can't be beat
    I felt so complete
    Married to heavenly bodies above
    And each night I look up
    At a bright honeymoon
    Because it sure seemed built to last
    Even after my honeymoon past
    I kept right on at midnight
    Like a ghost
    To the house it once haunted
    And day after day
    I'd steal with my true love away
    To some hideout we left undisturbed
    We could do what we wanted
    But I started to feel like a liar
    Saying I love you
    She was madly in love or mad at me
    There was no in-between
    It come on and on
    I found I can't make a stand
    I'm her hired hand
    I have to do harm
    One day I got sick
    She played me a nasty old trick
    Said, "I need cigarettes"
    Walked around the block
    Caught a cab
    Stayed gone for too long
    My love had gotten too strong
    Just to try to getting back on my own
    I had to go to rehab
    All I need is a safe place to bleed
    Is this where it's at?
    Half of no chance
    Steps in a dance
    Your life's just a combat
    Now I'm the king of the ward
    Because I'm good and I swallow my sword
    Puke it up for the doctor to write
    A new prescription
    Tranquil as a dove
    People that have lost their true love
    All seem to fit the same description
    I feel cold, useless and old
    Wish I was no one
    Take me home, my love
    Take me home today
    Take me out of this place
    Take me home with you today
    dharma69 wrote:
    You like the blue? Well so do I, thank you much!

And as for "Loser"....well, there's just no more appropriate tune for anyone who would go the route of suicide.
    The blue is excelent, well done. And as for Loser, it's a great song I love it, now as for that other album I got from him with the green cover, can't think what it's called, now that was crap and is really capable of making anyone croc themselves.
  • Fell on Black Days
  • Furnace Room Lullaby - Neko Case
    Cock Fight.
  • Soup-Blind Melon
  • Like Suicide
  • i guess if i was barricaded in a room and surrounded by speakers pumping out non stop country music or dance remixes that might cause me to contemplate suicide if i didn't just die from natural causes (i get really violently i'll around country music or dance mixes) but other than that i like living to much to kill myself. how someone could choose a good song seems weird to me. i mean wouldn't that just make you wanna hear the rest of the album?
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • untitled track 8 (popplagið) by Siggy Rós... I'm not sure... but it'd be drug-induced that would last the exact time of this song... so as the build up of the song would be going, when he changes the pitch of his voice, the drug would just make me act all crazy, and I would just be overdosing at that point... so when the final buzzing of the guitar is at the end... I'd be on the ground, and it'd be the sound of my non-beating heart.
    If I could, think I would give in.
  • My Way by Frank Sinatra.
    or Elvis.
    or Sid Vicious.

then when I slip into the darkness and reach Hell, I can sing it with them.
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    Soup-Blind Melon

that was another one that was in contention back in the day... amazing song.
  • writersuwritersu Posts: 1,867
    OK I would be listening to like Neil Diamond or maybe Elton John's most recent rendition of some song he DID not write for someone he knew but then said that he wrote for them....(like Princess Diana..who sorry but why is she like in the same calibur as Mother Theresa?????????????) which would drive me to that.................

Because life is not that bad,........I know this is a "hypothetical thread question".........but if even one of you, whom I don't know but I still would feel awful if I didn't say this after I thought it..........

There is never one thing in your life that will not become the past if you let it. There was a nine year old boy in my son's class a couple years ago who moved out of state and his mom found him, hung, in his room so after that I really had a strange scary feeling inside about the whole thing. I told my son that everything in life can get better no matter how awful it might seem at the moment, and yes, when I was a teenager, I also thought that life was so awful that I would be better off ............you know. But even now,after all of this time, and being old as hell.......I still feel that life can always hold hope.

Sorry that I got so involved here, maybe overreacted a bit, but I just had to write that in case anyone here was thinking about it seriously..........
    Baby, You Wouldn't Last a Minute on The Creek......

Together we will float like angels.........

In the moment that you left the room, the album started skipping, goodbye to beauty shared with the ones that you love.........
  • cornnifercornnifer Posts: 2,130
    g under p wrote:
    Dumb Ass question but whenever I hear this song if I'm about to get the chair I'd lke to hear.....Metallica's...."FADE TO BLACK".....

Metallica - Ride the lightning
    Fade To Black

Life it seems, will fade away
    Drifting further every day
    Getting lost within myself
    Nothing matters no one else
    I have lost the will to live
    Simply nothing more to give
    There is nothing more for me
    Need the end to set me free

Things are not what they used to be
    Missing one inside of me
    Deathly lost, this can't be real
    Cannot stand this hell I feel
    Emptiness is filing me
    To the point of agony
    Growing darkness taking dawn
    I was me, but now He's gone
    No one but me can save myself, but it to late
    Now I can't think, think why I should even try
    Yesterday seems as though it never existed
    Death Greets me warm, now I will just say good-bye......

Peace
    Yeah, this would probably be the one.

*wanders off to dig out ride the lightning and a set of headphones
    "When all your friends and sedatives mean well but make it worse... better find yourself a place to level out."
  • PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    anything by Celine Dion...that's enough to make me want to top myself on its own!!