Most disappointing follow up album...

Comments

• PissBottleManPissBottleMan Posts: 4,154
    Trailer wrote:
    Blind Melon- Soup

I must agree with bladworth116...Soup may be better than the self-titled debut. Not disappointing in the least bit...but to each his own.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • TrailerTrailer Posts: 1,431
    Yeah I guess you're right... I was being too hard on Soup. I just think the first album is better. Soup is still good though.
    Whoa, chill bro... you know you can't raise your voice like that when the lion's here.
  • Carry On - cornell
    St. Anger - metallica
    Zeitgeist - pumpkins
    In through the outdoor - led zep
    heathen chemistry - oasis
    tiny music - stp
  • The Avocado following Riot Act

Disgusting
    Life reveals what is dealt through seasons
    Circle comes around each time
  • Riot Act

What's with the votes for Binaural?? Good lord. I thought that was a brilliant album. Of The Girl is so chilling and moody in particular. I think they pushed themselves on Binaural like they did on Vitalogy. I dunno, it was very obvious to me anyway.
  • Chris Cornell's "Carry On" is my most disappointing album of all-time, so it wins every time. Any other album I list isn't even close in terms of disappointment. Actually, the following aren't really "disappointments" since I still enjoy them a great deal:

Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Show Your Bones
    The Black Keys - Magic Potion
    OutKast - Idlewild
    Prince - 3121
    I share a cigarette with negativity.
  • Lennon's Some Time in New York City, coming after Imagine.
  • prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    *Initially*:

In Utero - Nirvana
    No Code - Pearl Jam
    Pinkerton - Weezer
    Adore - Smashing Pumpkins

I have since waken up and embraced these special once in a lifetime albums.

Now (not saying I hate these albums) compared to their predecessor:

ZoSo - Led Zeppelin (please don't kill me, I love III and don't get the hype of IV but still like it a lot)
    Load - Metallica
    Robbin' the Hood - Sublime
    MACHINA - Smashing Pumpkins
    Binaural - Pearl Jam
    Untouchables - Korn
    Piece of Mind - Iron Maiden
  • danny72688 wrote:
    Robbin' the Hood - Sublime
    No

Just no
    Life reveals what is dealt through seasons
    Circle comes around each time
  • TrailerTrailer Posts: 1,431
    Riot Act was a bit of a let down after Binaural.

Personally I think Riot Act is better than Binaural. I'm sure I'm probably the only person on here who thinks that, but the sound is much rawer... Binaural might have better songs, but they don't sound that enticing on the album. The songs on Riot Act, on the other hand, sound just as good on the album as they do live... imo ;)
    Whoa, chill bro... you know you can't raise your voice like that when the lion's here.
    No

Just no
    40oz to Freedom is a lot better than Robbin' the Hood.
  • brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    Kid A is a good album

Riot Act tops the list for me

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • danny72688 wrote:
    40oz to Freedom is a lot better than Robbin' the Hood.

Yeah but Robbin' the Hood came out first.
    NERDS!
  • Them-BonesThem-Bones Posts: 518

No I don't think it did
    "If my thoughts, dreams, could be seen, they'd probably put my head, in a guillotine, but it's alright ma, it's life and life only."
  • Them-Bones wrote:
    No I don't think it did
    I think you're right, oops.
    NERDS!
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,183
    Matisyahu....Youth, I loved Live at Stubbs but Youth. Played it several times and it just didn't cut it for me.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    How can anyone consider Lateralus to be a poor follow up? Ridiculous in the extreme.
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
  • SchokiSchoki Posts: 5,072
    Ben Harper - Diamonds on the inside

Foo Fighters - There´s nothing left to loose

RHCP - Stadium Arcadium

U2 - How to dismantle an atomic bomb
  • nickcat0nickcat0 Posts: 75
    Milestone wrote:
    I'll add:

GNR - Spaghetti Incident

Appetite For Destruction , Use Your Illusion I & II , then ................ "sadly shakes head and leaves the thread"
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
    9/9/06
    Everton 3 RS 0
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,183
    Def Leppard....Hysteria....then.....EUPHORIA.....Yuck!!!!!!

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• chris01chris01 Posts: 559
    Audioslave's 2nd album (cant even remember the name of it) was a let down after the debut.

Binaural after yeild.

Foo's Nothing Left to Lose after Color and the Shape.

Machina after Adore (Pumpkins)

Crow left of the Murder after Morning View (Incubus)

Last 2 Our Lady Peace albums have been shit after loving them for years.

Be Here Now after Morning Glory (Oasis)

Only band this year that i think got better on a new album is Kings of Leon, Because of the Times is awesome.

That's all for now, im done thinking.
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    Kid A is one of my favourite albums of all time. You may not hold in such high esteem but it sure ain't crap.
    Try listening to bootlegs from the shows since its release. Kid A and Amnesiac songs are fantastic in a live setting. Combined on setlists with those of the other albums including OK Computer, you'll see they all complement each other very nicely. This is the beauty of Radiohead's varied catalog, not too unlike Pearl Jam's.

how does that make it a great album? if you have to hear the songs live to make them listenable, perhaps they should have recorded the album more like the live show?

some great choices on here... esp kid a, weezer, and trouble at the henhouse, crow left of the murder, and riot act.
  • Binaural wrote:
    How can anyone consider Lateralus to be a poor follow up? Ridiculous in the extreme.
    haha I know. crazy
  • Riot Act was a bit of a let down after Binaural.

In my point of view, Binaural was a bit of a let down after Yield:)

don't get me wrong, I like Binaural, but it's nothing compared to Yield...
    I don't want to be the fool that's behind me but I am...

I'll Hold The Pain... Release...

Yourself
  • g under p wrote:
    Def Leppard....Hysteria....then.....EUPHORIA.....Yuck!!!!!!

Peace

Adrenalize came after Hysteria. Not a bad album, but definitely quite a few pegs below Hysteria and Pyromania, which set the bar extremely high for da Leps.
  • A Perfect Circle - Thirteenth Step

after the wonderful Mer de Noms
  • chris01chris01 Posts: 559
    Adrenalize came after Hysteria. Not a bad album, but definitely quite a few pegs below Hysteria and Pyromania, which set the bar extremely high for da Leps.

I thought it was Adrenalize after Hysteria... but i think its a terrible album. Lets Get Rocked *shudders* lol
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,141
    Bush's "Razorblade Suitcase" following "Sixteen Stone" was pretty shitty imo.

I loved Sixteen Stone, but really quit listening to them after Razorblade Suitcase...
    Robbin' came out in 1994. 40oz was their debut in 1992.
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    Bush's "Razorblade Suitcase" following "Sixteen Stone" was pretty shitty imo.

I loved Sixteen Stone, but really quit listening to them after Razorblade Suitcase...

That's the album that really sticks out in my mind.

I wasn't a huge Spin Doctors fan, but I also remember being very disappointed in their second album.