Bands with the most annoying fans

Comments

• soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    cutback wrote:
    Chicks love Dave. But they are really annoying about it.

yeah, but she wouldn't be so annoying if her mouth was full ;)
  • cutback wrote:
    WOW. I know you have a point but I'm not sure what it is. Are you saying...wait what are you saying? :confused:

i'm sorry - i wrote at the speed of light. Main Idea:

For whatever reason after their last album, I feel like all these fairweather fans came out of nowhere. They hadn't been around in a while and now all of sudden they're all over the place.
    Those undecided,........ Needn't have faith to be free
    And those misguided, There was a plan for them to be
    Now you got both sides Claiming killing in Gods name
    But God is nowhere,..... To be found, conveniently

What goes on?
  • hippiemomhippiemom Posts: 3,326
    cutback wrote:
    Chicks love Dave. But they are really annoying about it.
    They may be annoying, but the guys are downright obnoxious. The last DMB show I went to, this drunken idiot stood in the aisle next to me, turned around to face the crowd, and proceeded to sing the next 2 songs, complete with dancing and flamboyant arm gestures, as though everyone there had paid to see him perform. Then he passed out, fell into me, causing me to fall into the person next to me and so on in domino fashion, causing multiple bruises and much wasting of drinks.

He was the worst, but every Dave show I or anyone I know has been to, there are guys close to that bad.
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." ~ MLK, 1963
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    i'm sorry - i wrote at the speed of light. Main Idea:

For whatever reason after their last album, I feel like all these fairweather fans came out of nowhere. They hadn't been around in a while and now all of sudden they're all over the place.

Well I didn't observe that. It had been 4 years. It was a new album. I saw the same hype when ATYCLB was released. Maybe it's the newer fans - people that were prbably not old enough to know the band back in the 80's or 90's. And you'll see the same thing a year from now when the new album is released. :)
    hippiemom wrote:
    They may be annoying, but the guys are downright obnoxious. The last DMB show I went to, this drunken idiot stood in the aisle next to me, turned around to face the crowd, and proceeded to sing the next 2 songs, complete with dancing and flamboyant arm gestures, as though everyone there had paid to see him perform. Then he passed out, fell into me, causing me to fall into the person next to me and so on in domino fashion, causing multiple bruises and much wasting of drinks.

He was the worst, but every Dave show I or anyone I know has been to, there are guys close to that bad.

Oh don't get me started on DMB fans, male or female. After 13 shows I've almost seen it all. But damn I love that band. :D
    yeah, but she wouldn't be so annoying if her mouth was full ;)

A lot of those chicks would continue to blather on anyway. :)
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    I think Pearl Jam fans are pretty unique in that they can be incredibly fanboyish (me included) but they dont annoy me that much, with the exception of those who take everything Ed says as gospel and would defend even the shittiest song to the death just because it's PJ. I mean come on people, there is no denying that some of the tracks on riot act are weak. on the other hand, I dislike a lot of Tool fans even though I love Tool.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • pouch15pouch15 Posts: 436
    I think PJ fans are really annoying, I consider myself to be annoying, I mean when I meet new people I alwasys start speaking of PJ, or somehow look for the opportunity to do it, and when I start nobody stops me because Im usually drunk, and Im 6'5. hahaha yeah Im very annoying
  • Blind MelonBlind Melon Posts: 911
    yes, but i've never met fans who seem to think your opinion of their favorite band's weakest album is the best possible indicator of your intellect and value as a human being. you tell me riot act sucks, and ill say you're right. in fact, pearl jam hasn't been particularly compelling since yield. but you tell a radiohead fan amnesiac is a weak album or hail to thief is average, and they look at you like you were telling them hitler was onto something back in the 40s. it's the most annoying thing in the world. and i want to kick those fans in the balls.

Yeah, I definitely agree with what you're saying here. THAT is really stupid--to tell someone they're dumb because they do not like that album, however, when it comes to Radiohead... haha, no just kidding. It's definitely there with Radiohead... another band/bands that comes to mind when in this situation... it's the triad of pretentious rock:

The Mars Volta
    Sparta
    At the Drive-In

Haha, whenev having a debate with my friends as to who is butter... it always ends up with.. HOW CAN YOU SAY ATD-I is better than the Mars Volta??? Then one chimes in... NO! SPARTA!!!... then we all look at that one and ridicule him for even mentioning that Sparta is comparable to the other two. It's all in good fun though.
    If I could, think I would give in.
  • eclecticeclectic Posts: 244
    Collin wrote:
    Metallica

Seconded.
    'All the rusted signs,we ignore throughout our lives,
    Choosing the shiny ones instead'

Reading 06 - Torino 06 - Wembley 07
  • eclecticeclectic Posts: 244
    yes, but i've never met fans who seem to think your opinion of their favorite band's weakest album is the best possible indicator of your intellect and value as a human being. you tell me riot act sucks, and ill say you're right. in fact, pearl jam hasn't been particularly compelling since yield. but you tell a radiohead fan amnesiac is a weak album or hail to thief is average, and they look at you like you were telling them hitler was onto something back in the 40s. it's the most annoying thing in the world. and i want to kick those fans in the balls.

You are obviously entitled to your opinion .However to suggest that PJ hasn't done ANYTHING particularly compelling since Yield ,Hitler aside, IMO (which I am also obviously entitled to), you deserve a hefty DROP KICK in YOUR LOVESPUDS!!
    'All the rusted signs,we ignore throughout our lives,
    Choosing the shiny ones instead'

Reading 06 - Torino 06 - Wembley 07
  • TheGossmanTheGossman Posts: 1,120
    any fans that always bring sales into the subject, "oh yea, well Dave Matthews Band sells more concert tickets, or "tool's last album sold more than PJ's", I'm pretty open minded, I however disagree with the first post, as Radiohead deserves every bit of credit they get, most annoying fanbase is probobly Dave Matthews Band, I love this band with a passion but before every show I see them play here in NC there are CRAZY tailgate parties and some people are so fucked up they can't walk into the concert and I always see a couple of people pukin and if Dave plays a song they don't know, its chat time all around me....nothing like they are on the DVD's.
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
  • TheGossmanTheGossman Posts: 1,120
    eclectic wrote:
    You are obviously entitled to your opinion .However to suggest that PJ hasn't done ANYTHING particularly compelling since Yield ,Hitler aside, IMO (which I am also obviously entitled to), you deserve a hefty DROP KICK in YOUR LOVESPUDS!!

I kinda agree, Binural and Riot act were good albums but just don't rank up there with the first 5, however I think "pearl jam" does!
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
  • Tek MoneyTek Money Posts: 642
    Todd76 wrote:
    No disrespect to the band - but the Tragically Hip has the most annoying fans out of any band I have ever seen in concert. WAY too many drunk jock boys yelling for "At The Hundredth Meridian" and copying every dance move and facial tick that Gord puts out....excessive sing-a-longs....the "HIP HIP HIP HIP...." chant during the encore break is mind-numbing.....

.....I saw them at a small club in Toronto a few months back and the show was amazing, but the crowd drove me nuts....I have never had more beer spilt on me by rowdy muscle bound assholes than I did that night (except maybe at a Pearl Jam concert)

....."It's not the band I hate, It's their fans" (Sloan)

Hahaha. This is so true. I prefer the term Frat Boys though. Spot on Todd.
    Cock Fight.
    TheGossman wrote:
    any fans that always bring sales into the subject, "oh yea, well Dave Matthews Band sells more concert tickets, or "tool's last album sold more than PJ's", I'm pretty open minded, I however disagree with the first post, as Radiohead deserves every bit of credit they get, most annoying fanbase is probobly Dave Matthews Band, I love this band with a passion but before every show I see them play here in NC there are CRAZY tailgate parties and some people are so fucked up they can't walk into the concert and I always see a couple of people pukin and if Dave plays a song they don't know, its chat time all around me....nothing like they are on the DVD's.

Sometimes it's a song they love. Last year at the Hollywood Bowl, Loving Wings starts and the girl behind me tells her friend that she will have this song at her wedding. Fine, whatever it's a good song for that. Well for the entirety of this song she loves so much she continues to describe how this song fit her wedding perfectly blah blah blah!!!! She never listened to the fucking song! For those that don't know, Loving Wings is a quiet song. It wasn't like her shrill voice could be drowned out by music or crowd noise. I am in way a violent person but she was close to a punch - at least to shut her up. And I really feel for the poor bastard that will marry and eventually divorce this girl.
  • OdinOdin Posts: 599
    Agreed 100%. Radiohead fans are some of the most pretentious on earth.

Also, some fans of "screamo" bands who label as "soft" any bands fronted by lead singers who actually sing.
    eclectic wrote:

i never said they haven't done anything compelling, just nothing mind blowing. i think the new album is excellent but binaural and riot act were very uneven. as were amnesiac and hail to the thief. all of those albums have their moments, but to act like each of them is a flawless piece of genius is the most ridiculous thing i ever heard.
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,225
    From my personal experiences... I'm going with '=W=eezer' and 'Rage Against The Machine' fans.
    =W=eezer fans at General Admission gigs... they try to get past you, even when there is not place in front of you. The Weezer dudes are easy... you just yell at them and they go away. The gals... they try to pull chickenshit stuff like trying to trip you by hoooking their foot around your ankle in the pit.
    Rage fans... because of the violence. Shaved head Mexican Prison dudes that throw punches instead of just enjoying the fucking music.
    But, I have to say =W=eezer fans. In the pit... they smell funky... I mean, FUNKY. Like a wierd mixture of mayonaise and ass.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    definately the radiohead fanclub. catch is - i'm also a massive radiohead fan - probably my 2nd favorite band, but the largest group of their fan base are a bunch of pretencious-indie-rock-pimple faced-high sachool wankers. fuck, they think they know/understand/appreciate all there is to know/understand/appreciate in music. arrggghhhh
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • suns rivalsuns rival Posts: 15,926
    all the fucking FANS of BOY BANDS
    scratching my butt...
    kinakamot ang aking puwit...
    me rascando pompis...
    krap mijn reet...
    boku no ketsuoana o kizu...
    bahrosh teezy...
  • capybaraletcapybaralet Posts: 145
    Benzor wrote:
    I have to say Radiohead. I like Radiohead but so many of their fans are so incredibly stupid. It seems that they all believe that Radiohead is a perfect band that has not put out anything bad after Pablo Honey. I'll be the first one to call The Bends and OK Computer masterpieces and 2 of the best rock albums I have ever heard. However much of the rest of their work is forgettable. Newsflash: Kid A, Amnesiac, and HTTT are not very good albums. Stop making them sound like masterpieces.

Hail to the Thief is their best album.
    everything=3

2-1-0

4-3-2-1-0
    2---2--3---3--2----1

2-2-2-3-3-3-2-2-0

M
  • Blind MelonBlind Melon Posts: 911
    Hail to the Thief is their best album.

I marginally concur with this statement.
    If I could, think I would give in.
  • Hail to the Thief is their best album.

It's building a strong 2nd for me lately.
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • ArtMarsArtMars Posts: 109
    Benzor wrote:
    I have to say Radiohead. I like Radiohead but so many of their fans are so incredibly stupid. It seems that they all believe that Radiohead is a perfect band that has not put out anything bad after Pablo Honey. I'll be the first one to call The Bends and OK Computer masterpieces and 2 of the best rock albums I have ever heard. However much of the rest of their work is forgettable. Newsflash: Kid A, Amnesiac, and HTTT are not very good albums. Stop making them sound like masterpieces.

I agree with you here. Except that Ok Computer is a masterpiece! I bought that CD, because someone recommended Radiohead to me and liked only maybe 4 songs off the whole album! The rest sounded like elevator music to me. I honestly believe that Radiohead are easily one of the most overrated bands ever! Right up there with Nirvana. I still like Nirvana though.....just don't think that Nevermind is one of the 10 best albums ever!
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I did not read this entire thread i'm sure someone must have said Tool by this point.

They take the cake for me.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • direwolf74 wrote:
    I couldn't agree more, and I'm probably one of the biggest Hip fans on the planet. To be fair to the band, the Hip do have a lot of decent respectful fans (like myself), but unfortunately they're few and far between these days. I find the Canadian fans to be particularly annoying, especially at the outdoor festival gigs. Drunken morons running around in Leafs jerseys, wearing the flag as a cape and yelling for "New Orleans is Sinking" at the top of their lungs. I'd love to see the looks on these idiots' faces when they find out that Gord Downie is actually a Bruins fan and despises the Maple Leafs (lol). These people aren't there for the music. They're only there to get hammered, start fights, and hear the "greatest hits". As a true fan of the band who simply wants to have a couple of drinks and soak in the music, it's incredibly frustrating trying to deal with these douchebags. It's even worse when they get violent.

I might get flak from some of the Canadians for saying this, but I find the shows in the U.S. to be much more fun (and safer). I saw the Hip 3 nights in a row in Boston a couple of years ago, and the American fans I met over the course of those three shows were incredibly cool. Easily some of the most laid-back people I've ever had the pleasure of hanging out with. Same thing with the Hip's San Francisco show back in '98. They were strictly there because they loved the music, and they discovered the band in an organic way with no added patriotic baggage attatched to it. Thankfully I discovered the Hip long before they became "Canada's band", and the first few times I saw them live in the early 90s, you really didn't see this kind of behavior at their shows...at least the ones I went to. It's a shame it's gotten so bad.

i saw the hip a few years ago at the big outdoor shed formally named pine knob in michigan, just outside of detroit...anyways there was this "dude" wearing the canadian flag tied around his neck, draped over his back and this dude was beyond messed up...hey i happen to love beer but this dude was beyond beleif...all i could think of was man am i ever glad im not wearing my "proud to be canadian" tshirt on!! :)

as far as worst fans...i think most fans outside of the concert venue, at home on their couches, are all prolly decent people...in the very least they are MUSIC FANS, which has to account for something positive...so as far as seeing the band LIVE there will always be fans that have just a little too much, way more than then really need...no band doesn't have that problem...if it can really be determined as a "problem" in the first place

overexcitement and alcohol consumption kinda go together sometimes and that can be a good thing. kinda like NFL football fans
    i saw the hip a few years ago at the big outdoor shed formally named pine knob in michigan, just outside of detroit...anyways there was this "dude" wearing the canadian flag tied around his neck, draped over his back and this dude was beyond messed up...hey i happen to love beer but this dude was beyond beleif...all i could think of was man am i ever glad im not wearing my "proud to be canadian" tshirt on!! :)

as far as worst fans...i think most fans outside of the concert venue, at home on their couches, are all prolly decent people...in the very least they are MUSIC FANS, which has to account for something positive...so as far as seeing the band LIVE there will always be fans that have just a little too much, way more than then really need...no band doesn't have that problem...if it can really be determined as a "problem" in the first place

overexcitement and alcohol consumption kinda go together sometimes and that can be a good thing. kinda like NFL football fans

was this the pine knob show in 2000 or thereabouts, for the music @ work tour? cos if so, i think i remember that guy...
    glasshouse wrote:
    definately the radiohead fanclub. catch is - i'm also a massive radiohead fan - probably my 2nd favorite band, but the largest group of their fan base are a bunch of pretencious-indie-rock-pimple faced-high sachool wankers. fuck, they think they know/understand/appreciate all there is to know/understand/appreciate in music. arrggghhhh

i think this is why im so vocally anti-radiohead on here. i like radiohead, truly i do. but there are a lot of these people out there and man are they annoying.

also, im going to add a strident vote for pearl jam. go look at the bitching about how pearl jam is playing lollapalooza. you'd think people would be excited... but no a bunch of bitching and moaning about how the band is "forcing" them to pay $165 just to see them for a shorter set becos they're not touring. 1) there are a LOT of excellent bands there. 2) nobody is forcing. 3) if they dont wanna tour, they dont wanna tour. would you prefer NO dates? man are they fucking annoying.
  • peepspeeps Posts: 79
    Pearl Jam
    edit: also DMB, Tool, Michael jackson
  • oppie1oppie1 Posts: 755
    Tek Money wrote:
    Pearl Jam

:)
    thats the first thing i thought of when i saw this topic.

:)
    BoyHitsCar Masked Street Team
    www.lovecorealliance.com

Upcoming boyhitscar concerts:
    11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

www.myspace.com/briankutys