Bands with the most annoying fans

Comments

• El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    Benzor wrote:
    I have to say Radiohead. I like Radiohead but so many of their fans are so incredibly stupid. It seems that they all believe that Radiohead is a perfect band that has not put out anything bad after Pablo Honey. I'll be the first one to call The Bends and OK Computer masterpieces and 2 of the best rock albums I have ever heard. However much of the rest of their work is forgettable. Newsflash: Kid A, Amnesiac, and HTTT are not very good albums. Stop making them sound like masterpieces.

whaaaaa???? i love all of their albums, especially the last 3...i can udnerstand how ppl wouldn't like kid a/amnesiac but to me it's like when led zep came out w/ that acoustic album and ppl were like 'what the fuck is this!?!?' they wanted paranoid android pt 2, not kid a or amnesiac.

and httt has grown on me a ton, it might even be my fav radiohead album...all the layers of music, the great lyrics, the great music....! drunken punch up at a wedding, scatterbrain, wolf at the door, go to sleep, where i end and you begin....a very solid album, imho
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way
  • Blind MelonBlind Melon Posts: 911
    hodge wrote:
    newsflash: it's all subjective

i would take kid a over anything PJ has done

Haha, word that brotha man. On the subject of Radiohead annoying fans... ehhh, the people that we were around at Bonnaroo were really awesome people. No one was really dumb or annoying... and who cares if someone is a diehard fan? I mean, most of the time, you can learn interesting things about the band from them, even if they enjoy their music that much, aren't you the same way with at least one band you enjoy?

I'm thinking the Mars Volta might have some pretty lame fans... all pretentious and shit. Deftones prolly... other than that... most fans of the bands I've seen haven't really annoyed me that much... except for the last Incubus concert... we were packt like sardines in a crushd tin box and when "Anna Molly" came on... everyone went absolutely insane... moshing and shit... fuck just enjoy the music, you don't have to go crazy... unless that's how you enjoy it, but ya know, that annoyed me.
    If I could, think I would give in.
  • BrainofdzBrainofdz Posts: 1,617
    Metallica
    Phish
    Jimmy Buffet
    Tori Amos
    "Stunned by my own reflection, It's looking back, sees me too clearly and I swore I'd never go there again, Not unlike a friend that politely drags you down,down,down"

When you see me on the street, yell out "FAVO!!!"

I've been to alot of Pearl Jam shows;So fucking what.
  • Fall Out Boy is actually pretty good but I guess some of you would find their fans annoying. But then again you were all 15 years old at some point.
  • Haha, word that brotha man. On the subject of Radiohead annoying fans... ehhh, the people that we were around at Bonnaroo were really awesome people. No one was really dumb or annoying... and who cares if someone is a diehard fan? I mean, most of the time, you can learn interesting things about the band from them, even if they enjoy their music that much, aren't you the same way with at least one band you enjoy?

Exactly! There's nothing wrong with falling head over heels with a certain band and their sound. It's special to have actually. The sound of music you really love blasting through your speakers and hitting your eardrums followed by you getting completely lost in it is a feeling like no other...better than any drug! That one group that does it for you and never disappoints. I proud to say I have a love affair with a handful of amazing bands...music is a huge part of my life.
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,891
    basically any snobby, holier than thou indie and/or emo band has fans to match.
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • Benzor wrote:
    I have to say Radiohead. I like Radiohead but so many of their fans are so incredibly stupid. It seems that they all believe that Radiohead is a perfect band that has not put out anything bad after Pablo Honey. I'll be the first one to call The Bends and OK Computer masterpieces and 2 of the best rock albums I have ever heard. However much of the rest of their work is forgettable. Newsflash: Kid A, Amnesiac, and HTTT are not very good albums. Stop making them sound like masterpieces.
    You're a jackass for saying this and you're also very very wrong.

But a lot of Radiohead fans reach a level of pretentiousness that boggles the mind... lots of really cool people too, but you know the way it goes.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • El_Kabong wrote:
    whaaaaa???? i love all of their albums, especially the last 3...i can udnerstand how ppl wouldn't like kid a/amnesiac but to me it's like when led zep came out w/ that acoustic album and ppl were like 'what the fuck is this!?!?' they wanted paranoid android pt 2, not kid a or amnesiac.

and httt has grown on me a ton, it might even be my fav radiohead album...all the layers of music, the great lyrics, the great music....! drunken punch up at a wedding, scatterbrain, wolf at the door, go to sleep, where i end and you begin....a very solid album, imho
    And looking back we can all see, curiously enough, that Zep 3 was the best of the first 4 zep records.

I think HTTT is a monster of a record. It's like 16 songs long or something and absolutely no filler.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    Linkin Park.
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • hodgehodge Posts: 519
    I think HTTT is a monster of a record. It's like 16 songs long or something and absolutely no filler.

14, but yea, it is a great mix of rock and experimental sounds
    ..and you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    Benzor wrote:

i think it's pretty tough to top that. though the crowd at the brand new show i went to was the most annoying crowd i've ever been in.
    why are they annoying cause they shitfaced drunk alot. ever see pj fans drink beers before during and after concerts.DMB have some of the hottest fans around

i second that. the hottest girl i know is a diehard dave fan. let's face it... you go to pearl jam it's 80% guys. you go to a dmb concert and there is so much tail i can't even see the stage.
  • NickyNoochNickyNooch Posts: 629
    It's a tie between...

Insane Clown Posse and Jimmy Buffet.

9/17/95-New Orleans,LA 8/14/00-New Orleans,LA 4/8/03-New Orleans,LA 4/13/03-Tampa,FL 10/8/04-Kissimmee,FL 8/5/07-Chicago,IL 6/16/08-Columbia,SC 6/23/09-(EV Solo)Atlanta,GA 5/1/10-New Orleans,LA 9/21/12-Pensacola,FL 11/1/13-New Orleans,LA 4/11/16-Tampa,FL  4/23/16-New Orleans,LA

Exactly! There's nothing wrong with falling head over heels with a certain band and their sound. It's special to have actually. The sound of music you really love blasting through your speakers and hitting your eardrums followed by you getting completely lost in it is a feeling like no other...better than any drug! That one group that does it for you and never disappoints. I proud to say I have a love affair with a handful of amazing bands...music is a huge part of my life.

yes, but i've never met fans who seem to think your opinion of their favorite band's weakest album is the best possible indicator of your intellect and value as a human being. you tell me riot act sucks, and ill say you're right. in fact, pearl jam hasn't been particularly compelling since yield. but you tell a radiohead fan amnesiac is a weak album or hail to thief is average, and they look at you like you were telling them hitler was onto something back in the 40s. it's the most annoying thing in the world. and i want to kick those fans in the balls.
  • Todd76Todd76 Posts: 1,469
    No disrespect to the band - but the Tragically Hip has the most annoying fans out of any band I have ever seen in concert. WAY too many drunk jock boys yelling for "At The Hundredth Meridian" and copying every dance move and facial tick that Gord puts out....excessive sing-a-longs....the "HIP HIP HIP HIP...." chant during the encore break is mind-numbing.....

.....I saw them at a small club in Toronto a few months back and the show was amazing, but the crowd drove me nuts....I have never had more beer spilt on me by rowdy muscle bound assholes than I did that night (except maybe at a Pearl Jam concert)

....."It's not the band I hate, It's their fans" (Sloan)
    In my world everyone is a pony,
    and they all eat rainbows and pooh butterflies!
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,242
    wait is this how it goes "my band is better than yours uhh no my band is better but your fans are assholes and we are not " oh wait i think i stumbled onto a kids forum this morning ,sorry i'm out of here......
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Dick Jones wrote:
    Hehe.

DMB fer sure.
    NIN fer sure. All I ever hear from these people is that Trent is God. Fuck you.

right, because no one here ever says that eddie is god... LOL
    Mesa 11/7/93 - Charlotte 10/4/96 - DC 6/14/98 - Raleigh 8/31/98 - Knoxville 9/6/98 - Columbia MD 9/18/98 - DC 9/19/98 - Columbia MD 9/4/00 - Phoenix 10/21/00 - Raleigh 4/15/03 - Phoenix 6/7/03 - Philadelphia 5/27&28/06 - DC 5/30/06 - Las Vegas 7/6/06 - San Diego 7/7/06 - LA 7/9&10/06 - Gorge 7/22&23/06 - Chicago 8/5/07 - PJ20 9/3&4/11 - Jacksonville 11/24/12 (EV) - Orlando 11/27/12 (EV) - Brooklyn 10/18&19/13 - Charlotte 10/30/13 - Memphis 10/14/14 - Ft Lauderdale 4/8/16 - Miami 4/9/16 - Jacksonville 4/13/16 - Hampton 4/18/16 - Chicago 8/20&22/16
  • Dick JonesDick Jones Posts: 777
    right, because no one here ever says that eddie is god... LOL

If you look further back PJ fans was one of the first bands I listed. Not in jokingly matter either.
    Are you too good to tango with the poor poor boys?
  • LiftedLifted Posts: 1,836
    IGotShit24 wrote:
    DMB and OAR

agreed. and to the guy who started the thread and said hail to the theif was not a very good album.....you are very wrong.
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    Bon Jovi fans. Yikes.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • hippiemomhippiemom Posts: 3,326
    yes, but i've never met fans who seem to think your opinion of their favorite band's weakest album is the best possible indicator of your intellect and value as a human being. you tell me riot act sucks, and ill say you're right. in fact, pearl jam hasn't been particularly compelling since yield. but you tell a radiohead fan amnesiac is a weak album or hail to thief is average, and they look at you like you were telling them hitler was onto something back in the 40s. it's the most annoying thing in the world. and i want to kick those fans in the balls.
    It's not hard to find people here who seem to think that any criticism of the band or the Ten Club is akin to advocating child sacrifice. I'm not saying that there aren't obnoxious Radiohead fans out there, but we've got 'em here too.

I don't get any of it, really. I don't care for Kid A, but if someone else thinks it's the greatest album ever made, who am I to argue? It's all a matter of taste anyway. I won't get offended if someone says Vs. sucks. I might be surprised, I might feel sorry for them that they're unable to enjoy such a kick-ass record, but that's it. Why are people so concerned with what everyone else thinks anyway?

As for DMB fans, they're alright when they're not at DMB shows. It's when they're drunk and falling on me that they're annoying.
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." ~ MLK, 1963
  • Dick JonesDick Jones Posts: 777
    agreed. and to the guy who started the thread and said hail to the theif was not a very good album.....you are very wrong.

It's not that great.
    Are you too good to tango with the poor poor boys?
  • yes, but i've never met fans who seem to think your opinion of their favorite band's weakest album is the best possible indicator of your intellect and value as a human being. you tell me riot act sucks, and ill say you're right. in fact, pearl jam hasn't been particularly compelling since yield. but you tell a radiohead fan amnesiac is a weak album or hail to thief is average, and they look at you like you were telling them hitler was onto something back in the 40s. it's the most annoying thing in the world. and i want to kick those fans in the balls.

Ever posted on the porch? We've got plenty of those people, too. Almost any credible band has fanatics who act like that.
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • CollinCollin Posts: 4,931
    Metallica
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
    Ever posted on the porch? We've got plenty of those people, too. Almost any credible band has fanatics who act like that.

and i agree with the people who say pearl jam fans are annoying as shit. it's why i dont go to the porch.
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,850
    and i agree with the people who say pearl jam fans are annoying as shit.

yep
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • direwolf74direwolf74 Posts: 1,622
    Todd76 wrote:
    No disrespect to the band - but the Tragically Hip has the most annoying fans out of any band I have ever seen in concert. WAY too many drunk jock boys yelling for "At The Hundredth Meridian" and copying every dance move and facial tick that Gord puts out....excessive sing-a-longs....the "HIP HIP HIP HIP...." chant during the encore break is mind-numbing.....

.....I saw them at a small club in Toronto a few months back and the show was amazing, but the crowd drove me nuts....I have never had more beer spilt on me by rowdy muscle bound assholes than I did that night (except maybe at a Pearl Jam concert)

....."It's not the band I hate, It's their fans" (Sloan)

I couldn't agree more, and I'm probably one of the biggest Hip fans on the planet. To be fair to the band, the Hip do have a lot of decent respectful fans (like myself), but unfortunately they're few and far between these days. I find the Canadian fans to be particularly annoying, especially at the outdoor festival gigs. Drunken morons running around in Leafs jerseys, wearing the flag as a cape and yelling for "New Orleans is Sinking" at the top of their lungs. I'd love to see the looks on these idiots' faces when they find out that Gord Downie is actually a Bruins fan and despises the Maple Leafs (lol). These people aren't there for the music. They're only there to get hammered, start fights, and hear the "greatest hits". As a true fan of the band who simply wants to have a couple of drinks and soak in the music, it's incredibly frustrating trying to deal with these douchebags. It's even worse when they get violent.

I might get flak from some of the Canadians for saying this, but I find the shows in the U.S. to be much more fun (and safer). I saw the Hip 3 nights in a row in Boston a couple of years ago, and the American fans I met over the course of those three shows were incredibly cool. Easily some of the most laid-back people I've ever had the pleasure of hanging out with. Same thing with the Hip's San Francisco show back in '98. They were strictly there because they loved the music, and they discovered the band in an organic way with no added patriotic baggage attatched to it. Thankfully I discovered the Hip long before they became "Canada's band", and the first few times I saw them live in the early 90s, you really didn't see this kind of behavior at their shows...at least the ones I went to. It's a shame it's gotten so bad.

And for those folks who think Pearl Jam fans are impervious to this kind of criticism, think again. The amount of drunken idiots I had to put up with at the Calgary PJ show in 2005 was just ridiculous. Some of these people were really out of control. The TenClub members standing directly in front of us were particularly annoying. We get it. You're a better fan than everyone else because you're a club member and you've been to 90 shows. Congratulations. Now shut the f--- up.
    "I try my best to chug, stomp, weep, whisper, moan, wheeze, scat, blurt, rage, whine, and seduce. With my voice I can sound like a girl, the boogieman, a Theremin, a cherry bomb, a clown, a doctor, a murderer. I can be tribal. Ironic. Or disturbed. My voice is really my instrument."

-Tom Waits
  • For my pick, i'm going to say U2 fans. It's not because I don't like the band or the actual fans (I have many friends who are), but I feel like there was this weird reemergence with them that I can't quite explain. Follow me:

Many people forget this, but U2 really were not that hot during the 90's. After "Achtung Baby," they put out "Zooropa (the "No Code" of U2 albums which I actually liked, but U2 faithfuls did not)," the horrible "Pop," and then the weak, weak "All That You Can't Leave Behind (this also could have be titled "Why Coldplay Has a Career").

Fast forward to '04: They release "How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb," they're playing the album on the back of a pick-up truck in NYC and girls are screaming like it's John and Paul. I think many people had the same reaction I did: where did these guys come from? It's like all these diehards came out of the woodwork. And since i really can't explain why all of these fans seemingly came out of nowhere to the tune of new, mediocre album and all of a sudden it's 1988 again and this is the biggest band in the world, I"m calling their fans annoying. Where the hell were they?

My only working theory is terrible, but I'll share anyway: I feel these fans are people in their late 20's and 30's that have mainly lost touch with music because of adulthood. It's not so much that they're not interested anymore, it's that other hobbies, job, kids have gotten in the way. Then all of a sudden, U2 has their first album in 4 years and the aformentioned think "oh yes, U2! I LOVE THEM and i'm so happy they're back. I havent' listened to anything new in a while and here's this band I used to be in love with putting out a new album and that single is great!"
    Those undecided,........ Needn't have faith to be free
    And those misguided, There was a plan for them to be
    Now you got both sides Claiming killing in Gods name
    But God is nowhere,..... To be found, conveniently

What goes on?
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    For my pick, i'm going to say U2 fans. It's not because I don't like the band or the actual fans (I have many friends who are), but I feel like there was this weird reemergence with them that I can't quite explain. Follow me:

Many people forget this, but U2 really were not that hot during the 90's. After "Achtung Baby," they put out "Zooropa (the "No Code" of U2 albums which I actually liked, but U2 faithfuls did not)," the horrible "Pop," and then the weak, weak "All That You Can't Leave Behind (this also could have be titled "Why Coldplay Has a Career").

Fast forward to '04: They release "How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb," they're playing the album on the back of a pick-up truck in NYC and girls are screaming like it's John and Paul. I think many people had the same reaction I did: where did these guys come from? It's like all these diehards came out of the woodwork. And since i really can't explain why all of these fans seemingly came out of nowhere to the tune of new, mediocre album and all of a sudden it's 1988 again and this is the biggest band in the world, I"m calling their fans annoying. Where the hell were they?

My only working theory is terrible, but I'll share anyway: I feel these fans are people in their late 20's and 30's that have mainly lost touch with music because of adulthood. It's not so much that they're not interested anymore, it's that other hobbies, job, kids have gotten in the way. Then all of a sudden, U2 has their first album in 4 years and the aformentioned think "oh yes, U2! I LOVE THEM and i'm so happy they're back. I havent' listened to anything new in a while and here's this band I used to be in love with putting out a new album and that single is great!"

WOW. I know you have a point but I'm not sure what it is. Are you saying...wait what are you saying? :confused:
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    i second that. the hottest girl i know is a diehard dave fan. let's face it... you go to pearl jam it's 80% guys. you go to a dmb concert and there is so much tail i can't even see the stage.

Chicks love Dave. But they are really annoying about it.