Bands with the most annoying fans

BenzorBenzor Posts: 886
edited April 2007 in Other Music
I have to say Radiohead. I like Radiohead but so many of their fans are so incredibly stupid. It seems that they all believe that Radiohead is a perfect band that has not put out anything bad after Pablo Honey. I'll be the first one to call The Bends and OK Computer masterpieces and 2 of the best rock albums I have ever heard. However much of the rest of their work is forgettable. Newsflash: Kid A, Amnesiac, and HTTT are not very good albums. Stop making them sound like masterpieces.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
  • Tek MoneyTek Money Posts: 642
    Pearl Jam

:)
    Cock Fight.
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    I agree with Radiohead.........I will also add fans of all the new emo music because they seem to not know any music that isnt played on pop radio constantly
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • BenzorBenzor Posts: 886
    Please only say bands that are decent. We all know that Fall Out Boy has shitty fans. Don't bother posting bands that everyone knows sucks.
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    Benzor wrote:
    I have to say Radiohead. I like Radiohead but so many of their fans are so incredibly stupid. It seems that they all believe that Radiohead is a perfect band that has not put out anything bad after Pablo Honey. I'll be the first one to call The Bends and OK Computer masterpieces and 2 of the best rock albums I have ever heard. However much of the rest of their work is forgettable. Newsflash: Kid A, Amnesiac, and HTTT are not very good albums. Stop making them sound like masterpieces.
    while I think Radiohead has some brilliant work, I have to say Amnesiac is their weakest effort. Isn't that considered their B side collection cd though? :confused:
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
    Tool
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

• Dick JonesDick Jones Posts: 777
    Tek Money wrote:
    Pearl Jam

No, this could be true.

Tool is a good one.
    Are you too good to tango with the poor poor boys?
  • whulmefwhulmef Posts: 176
    Ac/dc
    AC/DC is a good one
  • DMB and OAR
    Benzor wrote:
    I don't get people who say Tool is overrated. I love them. I'm genuinely curious. Would someone like to tell me why they believe they are overrated?

I don't think anyone in here said they were over-rated? Their songs do tend to sound alike alot of the time. You have to admit it. I know Tools catalouge pretty good, AEnima is a fucking classic. I like them. But they get old quick.
    Dick Jones wrote:
    I don't think anyone in here said they were over-rated? Their songs do tend to sound alike alot of the time. You have to admit it. I know Tools catalouge pretty good, AEnima is a fucking classic. I like them. But they get old quick.

Yea wrong forum :). I was talking about Tool on another forum and I got confused. Thats why I edited.
    Benzor wrote:
    Yea wrong forum :). I was talking about Tool on another forum and I got confused. Thats why I edited.

Word.
    Diehard fans of any band are annoying. Now we just need to figure out what band has the most diehard fans.
    Cock Fight.
    IGotShit24 wrote:
    DMB and OAR

Definitely, I couldnt believe all the people that liked DMB when I was in high school, I just dont understand how that many people of that age could be interested in music like that, all but one or two of their songs bore me to sleep, whats funny is that I realized that everyone in high school that liked them was in the popular group........so I figure they didnt actually like them, just pretended to because it was the cool thing to do.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

Tek Money wrote:
    Pearl Jam

Speaking of Tool, I love them and I own all their cds but the fans who sit there and try to decode the secret meanings of their transition tracks tend to annoy me.
    Benzor wrote:
    Speaking of Tool, I love them and I own all their cds but the fans who sit there and try to decode the secret meanings of their transition tracks tend to annoy me.

Haha, yeah I remember all that. Pretty ridiculous stuff.
    Benzor wrote:

I guess my problem with many of the fans is that they cant understand that some people dont like them.........its not like they make music that should appeal to everybody, its not filled with hooks or anything
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

Dick Jones wrote:

My point exactly.
    Cock Fight.
    Tek Money wrote:
    My point exactly.

Hehe.

DMB fer sure.
    NIN fer sure. All I ever hear from these people is that Trent is God. Fuck you.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    IGotShit24 wrote:
    DMB and OAR
    why are they annoying cause they shitfaced drunk alot. ever see pj fans drink beers before during and after concerts.DMB have some of the hottest fans around
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

ever see pj fans drink beers before during and after concerts.

Ever been to Alpine Valley?
    Dick Jones wrote:
    Ever been to Alpine Valley?

I worked there in 2000 before the show
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

Dick Jones wrote:
    Hehe.

DMB fer sure.
    NIN fer sure. All I ever hear from these people is that Trent is God. Fuck you.

I saw NIN last year for the first time. I was not impressed. I mean the show was tight... but there was no encore... no energy between the crowd and the stage it was just a performance. I left unsatisfied.
    Cock Fight.
    Tek Money wrote:
    I saw NIN last year for the first time. I was not impressed. I mean the show was tight... but there was no encore... no energy between the crowd and the stage it was just a performance. I left unsatisfied.

Not sure what show you went to, the one I went to had an encore and the fans were loving it..........the stage show was the best I have seen
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

Tek Money wrote:

You know I really like most of the Fragile and praise that album for the most part. But the rest of it is pretty spotty to me. I've heard half of the new album and couldn't stand it.
  • Benzor wrote:
    I don't get people who say Tool is overrated. I love them. I'm genuinely curious. Would someone like to tell me why they believe they are overrated?

And that feeling is the exact same feeling some of us get when you say the same about Radiohead. Everyone is gonna have different opinions as to who is great and who is just not quite doing it for us, so I try not to fault others for loving something I just don't see in the same light.
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
    And that feeling is the exact same feeling some of us get when you say the same about Radiohead. Everyone is gonna have different opinions as to who is great and who is just not quite doing it for us, so I try not to fault others for loving something I just don't see in the same light.

I'll say the same thing for Radiohead, they are good, but not fucking outrageously awesome. They have great songs. OK Comuter and Kid A are pretty impressive records, and the Bends. The others are just decent. I would pay to see them live fer sure.

How bout G N R? HAHA.
  • hodgehodge Posts: 519
    Benzor wrote:

newsflash: it's all subjective

i would take kid a over anything PJ has done
    ..and you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable