GNR anyone?

124»

Comments

• KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    details of a brand new single by guns n roses will be announced next week 18/04/06 on uk radio on the jo whiley show on bbc radio1. the dj is then expected to have the world exclusive first play of the single by the end of the month jo.whiley@bbc.co.uk
    Klumpie wrote:
    details of a brand new single by guns n roses will be announced next week 18/04/06 on uk radio on the jo whiley show on bbc radio1. the dj is then expected to have the world exclusive first play of the single by the end of the month jo.whiley@bbc.co.uk

So, this was false.

But there is some new information...hopefully this isn't false.

http://www.gunsnroses.us/news/article.php3?id_article=55
  • elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    it's a dream...part 3 of the trilogy was never made so the only way to find out is go read Del James's book
    ....think this book would be hard to get hold of, and not likely to be a erudite work of fiction. Think I heard that he died a few years back, OD from heroin.
  • elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    yes it is..it's all explained in the VHS tapes Making the Fucking Videos Part 1 -4 that were released in 93-94
    there were only three as I recall, november rain, estranged and dont cry. They released a video single for garden of eden, Ive got em all somewhere
    This is a unreleased track of the 'Lies' sessions. First you will hear the intro of 'Used To Love Her' and after that you will hear the song 'Cornshucker'.

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=57A7E5E37C22B319
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    I saw some of the download footage and was pleasantly surprised since I have not been following new gn'r at all. Axl seems in good voice and it seems more fun than the illusions live shows which seemed more about megolamania
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    elmer wrote:
    there were only three as I recall, november rain, estranged and dont cry. They released a video single for garden of eden, Ive got em all somewhere
    yep that's absolutely right..man how great is the video for Garden of Eden?!
    have all the VHS releases too cept for the video single.

and lol..Cornchucker is hilarious!
    It's one of me faves among the unreleased stuff along with Crash Diet
    I remember I had another version of Cornshucker without the intro but I lost it 4 years ago when me computer had problems :(
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    I remember I had another version of Cornshucker without the intro but I lost it 4 years ago when me computer had problems :(

Agreed, very nice lyrics :D

"She's a cornshucker
    A real fine fucker
    Gotta wash my dick
    After she makes me buttfuck her"
  • AxlUlrich wrote:
    yep that's absolutely right..man how great is the video for Garden of Eden?!
    have all the VHS releases too cept for the video single.

I have the version from the Lies demo's...the version w/used to love her as the intro. The sound quality is A-
    Whats got the whole world faking?
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    I like them, though I saw them in concert last year and they were shit. Really really bad, so I have lost respect for them.
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Sian-of-the-deadSian-of-the-dead Posts: 8,963
    GNR = Shite

IMO :p
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.