GNR anyone?

Comments

• KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    well...i respect his hiatus etc and dont see it as him being unkind to fans.
    recently..he never failed to talk to fans or even take pics with them if approached at Airports,clubs etc.
    to me..he's always been a nice guy to fans...heck he even beat up security to protect a female fan in a hotel once.
    whenever he attacks fans etc..i think it's the fans fault for breaking simple rules like "No Cameras Allowed" or asking stupid questions like "Where's Slash?"
    the only time when i thought he was an "asshole" was in Montreal 92 when James Hetfield got burnt and he just walked off stage so that GN'R will recapture the headlines from MetallicA that night.

And if the press say he is an asshole, the next day the whole world say he is an asshole.
  • PissBottleManPissBottleMan Posts: 4,154
    You have to admit that the 2002 tour had to sour folks a little. I don't quite understand why he pulled the trigger early on that tour. He should have waited until everything was ready.

He has to build up a lot of trust with fans...I think that is a big obstacle...the music is great, but do we trust him to be there and put on a good show?

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    i agree with the press not helping as well with bullshit lies etc
    there are many rockstars who have done worse..but they just arent significant enough for the press to report it...the press only report the negatives

2002 tour was a disaster yes towards the end in December when his plane couldnt arrive in time etc causing the riot.
    hope no such thing happens on this year's dates.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • MCGMCG Posts: 780
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    i agree with the press not helping as well with bullshit lies etc
    there are many rockstars who have done worse..but they just arent significant enough for the press to report it...the press only report the negatives

2002 tour was a disaster yes towards the end in December when his plane couldnt arrive in time etc causing the riot.
    hope no such thing happens on this year's dates.

There are dates this year?
    Which came first,
    the bad idea or me befallen by it?
    MCG wrote:
    There are dates this year?
    all European so far
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    all European so far

yup. Gn'R is coming over here too. :eek: apparently they're doing 2 gigs cause the first one turned out to be so popular it sold out in less than an hour I think.
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    i have to ask this question cause it's been bugging me for the longest time.
    every time i watch the vid for november rain i fail to get just how the bride died. i'm missing something, i know i am. but it's got to the stage where i just wonder if i am hallucinating the whole thing.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    every time i watch the vid for november rain i fail to get just how the bride died. i'm missing something, i know i am. but it's got to the stage where i just wonder if i am hallucinating the whole thing.

lol. my theory is that the rain somehow manages to kill her.. :rolleyes:
    (I'm not too serious with this) maybe she gets a flu cause she gets all wet and cause she is so tiny and slender she can't take it.. :p
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
    it's a dream...part 3 of the trilogy was never made so the only way to find out is go read Del James's book

YNWA
  • KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    it's a dream...part 3 of the trilogy was never made so the only way to find out is go read Del James's book

Maybe there will be a song on Chinese Democracy to end part 3!
    AxlUlrich wrote:

which part is the dream?
    and what is part one?
    and who the heck is del james?
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    Klumpie wrote:
    Maybe there will be a song on Chinese Democracy to end part 3!
    i doubt it since they just went ahead and made part 4 which was Estranged

YNWA
    which part is the dream?
    and what is part one?
    and who the heck is del james?
    dont you notice the start of the video is Axl going to bed?
    so after that its all a dream...with his big rock show and rockstar wedding...then he wakes up at the end before the scene with the roses fading
    part one was Don't Cry's video
    Del James is Axl's friend who inspired the videos etc with his book "Without You"

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    dont you notice the start of the video is Axl going to bed?
    so after that its all a dream...with his big rock show and rockstar wedding...then he wakes up at the end before the scene with the roses fading
    part one was Don't Cry's video
    Del James is Axl's friend who inspired the videos etc with his book "Without You"

apparently no. i did not notice that. or maybe i just thought, and this is as likely as anything else i think, i thought the in between bit was him remembering.
    i'm going to go and watch it right now.

so the rumours are true. axl rose does in fact have friends ;)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    apparently no. i did not notice that. or maybe i just thought, and this is as likely as anything else i think, i thought the in between bit was him remembering.
    i'm going to go and watch it right now.
    yeh do yerself a favor and watch it...cos its not hard to notice him going to bed

YNWA
    favour done. i watched both november rain and don't cry.
    he dies in don't cry? then she dies in november rain?
    are you sure november rain is a dream?
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • I must say that GNR is one of my least favorite "classic rock" bands. I'm much more of a Van Halen fan. Axl has an annoying voice imo and he's a royal asshole.
    "No matter how cold the winter, there's a springtime ahead."
    favour done. i watched both november rain and don't cry.
    he dies in don't cry? then she dies in november rain?
    are you sure november rain is a dream?
    yes it is..it's all explained in the VHS tapes Making the Fucking Videos Part 1 -4 that were released in 93-94
    and isnt the parts where he falls asleep and gets up like he's having a nightmare obvious enough that it was a dream?
    and he doesnt die in Don't Cry..can't remember the exact thing cos its been ages since i touched my tapes..but it has something to do with a certain part of him dying inside in 1990 and therefore starting afresh in 1991.

YNWA
    What was part 3 supposed to be?

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

What was part 3 supposed to be?

PBM
    part 3 was suppose to include Stephanie and be something aboot her but well they broke up before they could film it..so Axl left that part blank and made Estranged's video which showed the after feeling of losing Steph and her kid Dylan.
    the bedroom where the police found Axl in the house was Dylan's room and that dinosaur was his fave toy.

YNWA
    Was there a song attached to it?

PBM

Was there a song attached to it?

PBM
    i think it was Estranged still...but a different concept to the video

YNWA
  • shahrilshahril Posts: 288
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    i think it was Estranged still...but a different concept to the video

is there anything u dont kno
    I've seen so many people try and copy Eddie Vedder's voice. It's as if if you don't sound like him you're not a man. - Emmett Roslan

http://theshahril.blogspot.com

London 20/04/2006
    shahril wrote:
    is there anything u dont kno
    yes i don't know when Chinese Democracy will begin exactly ...

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    yes i don't know when Chinese Democracy will begin exactly ...

u also dont know why liverpool is a hopeless team (aw!)
    I've seen so many people try and copy Eddie Vedder's voice. It's as if if you don't sound like him you're not a man. - Emmett Roslan

London 20/04/2006
    shahril wrote:
    u also dont know why liverpool is a hopeless team (aw!)
    hopeless?
    who do you support again? Newcastle? a team we beat TWICE this season?

YNWA
    i go where alan shearer goes now lets just leave it at that.

at least we dont have an array of misfiring overpaid strikers. :D

-end-

London 20/04/2006
    lets not go outta topic here..theres the footie thread..be my fucking guest to diss Liverpool there.
    oh btw..misfiring strikers like Cisse and Crouch who both scored against Newcastle? Crouch twice too ;)

oh and Back off Bitch is a great tune by GN'R

YNWA
  • direwolf74direwolf74 Posts: 1,622
    I LOVE the old Gn'R (Appetite, Use Your Illusion, etc...) but Axl's ever-changing Gn'R cover band is an absolute joke. Call it what you want, but it sure ain't Guns N' Roses. He should just swallow his pride and call it what it is: An Axl Rose solo album.
    "I try my best to chug, stomp, weep, whisper, moan, wheeze, scat, blurt, rage, whine, and seduce. With my voice I can sound like a girl, the boogieman, a Theremin, a cherry bomb, a clown, a doctor, a murderer. I can be tribal. Ironic. Or disturbed. My voice is really my instrument."

-Tom Waits
    direwolf74 wrote:
    I LOVE the old Gn'R (Appetite, Use Your Illusion, etc...) but Axl's ever-changing Gn'R cover band is an absolute joke. Call it what you want, but it sure ain't Guns N' Roses. He should just swallow his pride and call it what it is: An Axl Rose solo album.

get ready for a response from AxlUlrich

my question tho is this: while i am not completely for keeping the name GnR because 3 of the members who were there at the 'peak' are gone, especially slash and duff, wouldnt u say the GnR sound is still there?

the underlying style that made GnR, well GnR, has remained and wouldnt u at least give Axl credit for that?

plus, the other guys did sign off the name GnR to Axl didnt they? I mean, they can complain but at the end of the day, they DID sign it off. I dont really agree with keeping the name, but i wont blame Axl for doing so. It his right.

London 20/04/2006