Options

u2

Comments

• Options
    brobertbrobert Posts: 62
    edited April 2023
    Finally got P4. 20th row in section 407 which is almost the last row in the place.  Happy to be in the building but would have liked to have been a bit closer in that section. Also, got waitlisted for the verified fan sale.
    Post edited by brobert on
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,253
    Nice.
    I got waitlisted as well for VF, but it's a moot point anyway as I don't need it now.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,416
    edited April 2023
    Got mine!! I got the 25th and my bf got the 18th!! 
    So excited!! Long time fan since 1981, let my membership expire years ago cause I hated last album and skipped that tour...reupped after super bowl and got what I wanted with VIOLET. People who didn't get seemed to keep their dates in the first set of 5 dates... too much demand. Few ultra I know didn't get anything
    Oh... we are in 302 and 308...
    Post edited by gotthebottle on
  • Options
    So excited!! Long time fan since 1981, let my membership expire years ago cause I hated last album and skipped that tour...reupped after super bowl and got what I wanted with VIOLET. People who didn't get seemed to keep their dates in the first set of 5 dates... too much demand. Few ultra I know didn't get anything
    I'm going on 25th as well. (seemed like the Wednesday shows were the smart financial move, cheaper hotels & flights midweek).
    I'll be in GA with the wife.
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    I'm going on 25th as well. (seemed like the Wednesday shows were the smart financial move, cheaper hotels & flights midweek).
    I'll be in GA with the wife.
    yeah....since I'm in SD it's not a problem. As a long time GA'er I opted out since I slipped down to Violet thinking it would be in demand. ANd plus I want to see the whole effect without lookin up too much, my old neck doesn't take that anymore
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,548
    Got GA for 10/25.  Wanted a weekend but will try to make it work.

Auchtung Baby is in my top 5 albums.  Don’t want to miss it.
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,890
    Got GA for 10/18 as well (Violet group).  Changing to new shows (especially the Wednesdays) was a definite advantage. My SIL in the Ultra group got denied for the original weekend shows.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,461
    mr bungle said:
    can ocutz said:
    For some reason it won't let me pick out a show. I got a confirmation email that I registered but not for a specific date. Oh well.
    can only pick your sections if you're going through the U2 fan club route (just like the 10c).  TM verified is different than the fan club presale.  Any help?
    Yes that helps. Thank You

I'm on the dreaded Waitlist.
  • Options
    aw435aw435 Posts: 74
    I got GA for 10/18 through verified fan this morning. 
  • Options
    aw435 said:
    I got GA for 10/18 through verified fan this morning. 
    Wow.. lucky.. I'll be there on 18th too
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,952
    I saw Bono at the Beacon Theater last night. It was amazing. It was a mixture of telling some life stories, and singing some U2 songs. I went to the Dave Grohl storyteller show as well in 2021, and Bono's seemed much more theatrical. Dave was being his goofy self telling funny stories and showing awkward photos of himself. Bono's seemed much more performance art - but both were really good.
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,890
    Anybody heard when F2F is supposed to open for the Sphere shows?  I have 4 GAs for 10/18 I need to sell.

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,315
    Anybody heard when F2F is supposed to open for the Sphere shows?  I have 4 GAs for 10/18 I need to sell.

I’d take them off your hands 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,989
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
  • Options
    If someone could point me in the right direction how do I go about getting tickets through F2F do I have to be enrolled and is it to late to do it! Really interested in trying to get tickets to one of the Vegas show
  • Options
    Never mind 
  • Options
    Scored two GA for December 13th 
  • Options
    Nice.

Should be great, I'm doing GA on 10/25.
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Nice.

Yeah can’t wait nice Xmas gift to myself & wife!
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,548
    Poncier said:
    Nice.

Same.
  • Options
    So they will perform all of Achtung! I hope they do other songs from their catalog too.
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,828
    I hope everyone here has fun. I just couldn’t do. News of them doin a residency is just so depressing to me. Then it being without Larry was even more depressing. My two favorite bands are in such a depressing state. 
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,461
    nicknyr15 said:
    I hope everyone here has fun. I just couldn’t do. News of them doin a residency is just so depressing to me. Then it being without Larry was even more depressing. My two favorite bands are in such a depressing state. 
    I don't have a problem with them doing a Residency.

What's up with NO Larry? and is that for every show?
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    Yeah i was shocked that they doing this residency without Larry just not sure how that came about I know it’s a neck/back issue! But im really looking forward to the Sphere venue being a modern state of the art venue should be insane for a show, plus I’m sure GA won’t be like a regular GA where everyone is packed in. What’s the other band you talking about? 
  • Options
    cutz said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    I don't have a problem with them doing a Residency.

What's up with NO Larry? and is that for every show?
    Yeah, Larry is out for the whole run. Back and elbow issues. Supposedly had or having surgery. Can't do it physically right now.
  • Options
    So they will perform all of Achtung! I hope they do other songs from their catalog too.
    Yes, it will likely be similar to the Joshua Tree 30 shows where AB will get played in full (may or may not be in sequence per Edge), plus other songs. A full concert. Plus, visuals on the Sphere. Unfortunately, also very likely to also contain a Songs of Surrender section with 3 or 4 acoustic takes on songs.
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,828
    nicknyr15 said:
    Yeah i was shocked that they doing this residency without Larry just not sure how that came about I know it’s a neck/back issue! But im really looking forward to the Sphere venue being a modern state of the art venue should be insane for a show, plus I’m sure GA won’t be like a regular GA where everyone is packed in. What’s the other band you talking about? 
    Pearl Jam!! Hahah 
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Yes, it will likely be similar to the Joshua Tree 30 shows where AB will get played in full (may or may not be in sequence per Edge), plus other songs. A full concert. Plus, visuals on the Sphere. Unfortunately, also very likely to also contain a Songs of Surrender section with 3 or 4 acoustic takes on songs.
    I hope so that will be great! Any word on who will be behind the kit? I’m really curious as to how they pull it off, I won’t mind some acoustic it depends on when in the show for me they do it!!
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    I hope so that will be great! Any word on who will be behind the kit? I’m really curious as to how they pull it off, I won’t mind some acoustic it depends on when in the show for me they do it!!
    Bram van den Berg from Dutch band Krezip.

Meet U2’s New Drummer, Bram van den Berg (ultimateclassicrock.com)