***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• lukin321lukin321 Charlotte, NC Posts: 864
    good morning everyone!
    9/1/98, 8/9/00, 8/12/00, 4/11/03, 4/12/03, 4/13/03, 4/19/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04, 10/3/04, 10/8/04, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 10/30/2013, 4/8/2016, 4/9/2016, 4/11/2016, 4/13/2016
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Such a pretty little thread..........you need to be at the front of the line. :)
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    CHECK IT OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! From Tim Himself in response to the petition to get rid of 10 C tickets...... "Yet Unscheduled Southern SHOWS!!!
    YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEE

Originally Posted by Rubysdad
    Hey There Drifting,
    I looked over the petition message you sent me last night and both Kerensa and I actually had a chance to sit and discuss it this morning. While we fully understand where you are coming from, we do have some concerns with all togeather ending 10c ticket distribution.

That being said, Kerensa informed me of your longstanding membership with the club, and that did factor in to our thought process. It really struck us that a long time member could feel such dissatisfaction with the distribution system, and would even move to petition for it's demise.

I don't want to say too much right now because we are still discussing this internally, and the authority to change the ticket system does ultimately rest out of the hands of the 10c staff. We are going to forward this petition to the band for review and, pending their decision, it is possible that as an initial trial, we would get rid of ticket distribution for the as-of-***_________yet unscheduled southern shows___________*** and see what the overall fanbase reaction is.

WOO HOO, finally some WORD!
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • weenie wrote:
    CHECK IT OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! From Tim Himself in response to the petition to get rid of 10 C tickets...... "Yet Unscheduled Southern SHOWS!!!
    YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEE

Hey There Drifting,
    I looked over the petition message you sent me last night and both Kerensa and I actually had a chance to sit and discuss it this morning. While we fully understand where you are coming from, we do have some concerns with all togeather ending 10c ticket distribution.

That being said, Kerensa informed me of your longstanding membership with the club, and that did factor in to our thought process. It really struck us that a long time member could feel such dissatisfaction with the distribution system, and would even move to petition for it's demise.

I don't want to say too much right now because we are still discussing this internally, and the authority to change the ticket system does ultimately rest out of the hands of the 10c staff. We are going to forward this petition to the band for review and, pending their decision, it is possible that as an initial trial, we would get rid of ticket distribution for the as-of-***_________yet unscheduled southern shows___________*** and see what the overall fanbase reaction is.

Sort of a good news/ bad news situation for us southerners, though. They come down here, and we're the trial run for no 10c tickets.

Still, they'd be coming down.
    Statistically speaking, you're more likely to be pitied by Mr. T than you are to have feet.
    Sort of a good news/ bad news situation for us southerners, though. They come down here, and we're the trial run for no 10c tickets.

Still, they'd be coming down.

Yep, and just think, YOU might have a chance to sit in the front instead of knowing you WON'T BE in the front!!!

I think it's AWESOME in all respects....Just my humble opinion.....
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • weenie wrote:
    Yep, and just think, YOU might have a chance to sit in the front instead of knowing you WON'T BE in the front!!!

True. I should have specified, sucks for those who have decent 10c numbers (mine's 197XXX, not great, but far from bad).

I did manage to score a good seat for the VFC show in Kissimmee, with just the pre-sale where 10c #s weren't involved.

I could go either way on it. I just want some shows. :)
    Statistically speaking, you're more likely to be pitied by Mr. T than you are to have feet.
  • GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
    a lot of people are saying that the whole ten club tix and yet to happend tour of the south threads and responses are jokes, please be careful on wht you believe today
    Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...
  • weenie wrote:
    YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEE

Hey There Drifting,

BS
    Nashville '00
    Houston, B'ham, Nashville, Atlanta '03
    Toledo, Grand Rapids '04
    Kitchener, London '05
    Camden x 2, D.C., Cincy, San Fran x 3 '06
    Chicago '07
    Columbia '08
    MSG x 2 '10;
    PJ 20 x 2 '11
    Atlanta '12
    Wrigley '13
    St. Louis, Memphis '14
    Lexington '15
    Wrigley '16
    Wrigley x 2 '18
    Nashville '22
    BS
    You may be correct. I just asked him if he made it up and he hasn't responded....... :(
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
    Call me gullible, naive, whatever you like. Sorry if I got anyone's hopes up (other than my own). I don't expect fellow jammers to be playing cruel jokes on other jammers. People like that are the subject(s) of some of the songs Ed and the guys write. Guess I should feel sorry for him, but I don't.
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
  • PJPATPJPAT Posts: 399
    weenie wrote:

And you might not get tickets at all due to scalpers and people that work inside and provide tickets to brokers.

The Ticket system is in place so the true fans can get tickets to the shows before ticket scalpers and brokers get them. I joined when I had to pay $200 for a sold out show that I waited in line to get tickets to.
    "All the money you make will never buy back your soul" Bob Dylan

"I need honesty, I need truth, and I need hope...I need it! That's what music means to me." EV
  • dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    weenie wrote:
    I don't expect fellow jammers to be playing cruel jokes on other jammers. People like that are the subject(s) of some of the songs Ed and the guys write. Guess I should feel sorry for him, but I don't.

i don't expect it either...at least i used to not expect it...but now it seems like this place is nothing more than a playground for out of school 8th graders...most of whom probably live in the northeast and got to go to 10 shows this year and who have no compassion whatsoever for those of us who feel left out....

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • stateeshastateesha Posts: 274
    I'm all about them playing the South but I don't want to see the ticket system change! I've been paying my dues since 94 and get good seats and hope they would not screw the long time fans and members!
    92 Atlanta; 93 Boulder; 94 Denver 1-2; 95 Red Rocks 1-2; 96 Charlotte, Charleston; 98 Atlanta, Greenville, Knoxville, Columbia, Washington; 99 Bridge 1-2; 00 Atlanta, Vegas; 01 Bridge 1-2, Seattle; 02 Seattle; 03 Vegas, Bridge 1-2; 04 Asheville; 05 Toronto; 06 E. Ruth 1-2, Hawaii 1-2; 07 London; 08 Columbia, MSG 1 & 2, Hartford, Boston 1 & 2, Beacon
  • BeBeBeBe Posts: 229
    weenie wrote:
    Call me gullible, naive, whatever you like. Sorry if I got anyone's hopes up (other than my own). I don't expect fellow jammers to be playing cruel jokes on other jammers. People like that are the subject(s) of some of the songs Ed and the guys write. Guess I should feel sorry for him, but I don't.

Not your fault, my fellow southerner.....It was mean to dupe so many of us, but we will still believe it will happen.

Us south-hopefuls need a big group hug!

}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}HUGS{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{
    Where is Lowlight?
    weenie wrote:
    You may be correct. I just asked him if he made it up and he hasn't responded....... :(
    The locking of the "Thanks Tim:...." thread is probably your answer.......:(
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    Disregarding all the nonsense, lets keep bumping the thread for it purpose. Let them know how much we love the band and want some shows down here sometime in the immediate future. Im sure its safe to say that they already know this, but true dedication involves going above and beyond. If that means making this thread the size of the entitre southern US, then so be it. Keep posting people.

EDIT: Post # 2222............Maybe next week I can snag Post # 3333
    Brian
    NCBRI wrote:
    Disregarding all the nonsense, lets keep bumping the thread for it purpose. Let them know how much we love the band and want some shows down here sometime in the immediate future. Im sure its safe to say that they already know this, but true dedication involves going above and beyond. If that means making this thread the size of the entitre southern US, then so be it. Keep posting people.

EDIT: Post # 2222............Maybe next week I can snag Post # 3333

I agree!!
    Post number 2223 here...another bump..
    Where is Lowlight?
    i'll take 2224! and i'm eyeing #3000.....
    9/1/98, 8/9/00, 8/12/00, 4/11/03, 4/12/03, 4/13/03, 4/19/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04, 10/3/04, 10/8/04, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 10/30/2013, 4/8/2016, 4/9/2016, 4/11/2016, 4/13/2016
    lukin321 wrote:
    i'll take 2224! and i'm eyeing #3000.....

Lukin321....don't forget we need to get a PJ night going!!I need to start getting a list to see who are our Tampa Bay area fans and meet up somehwere..soon!
    Where is Lowlight?
    If this was baseball.............they would be talking about our HOF credentials as we near the mythic number, 3000.
    tybird wrote:
    The locking of the "Thanks Tim:...." thread is probably your answer.......:(

Yep, you're right. Just no figuring what people won't do. And being somewhat of an idealist, I'll get suckered in every time. It's worth the humiliation if it helps persuade 10C to give us some news about the band playing the South!! :)
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
    weenie wrote:
    Yep, you're right. Just no figuring what people won't do. And being somewhat of an idealist, I'll get suckered in every time. It's worth the humiliation if it helps persuade 10C to give us some news about the band playing the South!! :)
    Nothing wrong with being hopeful...........just keep the spirit. :):D:)
    tybird wrote:
    Nothing wrong with being hopeful...........just keep the spirit. :):D:)

No worries there.....thanks!
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    bump

and a side note:

as much as I want the southern shows to happen, I am not in favor at all of eliminating the 10club ticket sales. and no, my number is not low, I didn't join until 2003.
  • pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
    Dollpartz wrote:
    bump

and a side note:

as much as I want the southern shows to happen, I am not in favor at all of eliminating the 10club ticket sales. and no, my number is not low, I didn't join until 2003.

i dont think this is really going to happen, i dont see the purpose of them abandoning a system that seems to have worked so well over the years

its amazing how Drifting's "joke" has caused so much paranoia and locked threads

im any case here is a HUGE BUMP for the south
  • dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    not getting any pearl jam is like not getting any sex. it's starting to make me irritable! and listening to boots is starting to be equivalent to masturbation: i mean, i get to hear some, but it's just not the same, no matter how much i close my eyes and try to imagine i'm actually there.....and it's nowhere near as satisfying....

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    cya tomorrow

bump for the cause
    BeBe wrote:
    Lukin321....don't forget we need to get a PJ night going!!I need to start getting a list to see who are our Tampa Bay area fans and meet up somehwere..soon!

You just let me know the time and place and i'm there!
    Dollpartz wrote:
    I agree.....I have only been a member since 2001, so my number is not real low either.
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    Goodnight Bump!!
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012