***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    Hail Hail the lucky ones. Enjoy the shows guys and travel safe.
    Brian
  • CapstonerCapstoner Posts: 727
    play ATL and TX

going to Carolina.......
    Atlanta 92
    Columbia 08
    Atlanta 12
    Charlotte 13
    St Louis 14
    Greenville 16
    St Louis 22
    Seattle 24
  • hiding103006hiding103006 Posts: 452
    ARE YOU ALL HAPPY NOW?!

haha, ya deserve it, hope ya'll made or are making it to one of those shows down south in the next couple of days!
    Camden 7-5-2003, Camden 7-6-2003, Hershey 7-12-2003, Camden 5-27-2006, Camden 5-28-2006, Lollapalooza 8-5-2007, Camden 6-19-2008, Camden 6-20-2008, New York 6-24-2008, New York 6-25-2008, Mansfield 6-28-2008, Mansfield 6-30-2008
  • Capstoner wrote:
    play ATL and TX

going to Carolina.......

I'm pretty sure they would prefer to play Atlanta instead of Columbia, but I doubt the people that run Bonnaro(spelling?) would be happy about that. They probably have a blackout area where Pearl Jam can't play for a certain period of time so they could get more ticket sales for the festival.

I'm going to make the drive to Columbia, never been but hopefully it's a cool town.
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    ARE YOU ALL HAPPY NOW?!

haha, ya deserve it, hope ya'll made or are making it to one of those shows down south in the next couple of days!

I am extremely happy... between shows... great seats (thanks ten club) awesome show....met some of the pit members yesterday and hope to meet some more today....how wonderful.

the beautiful dirty south
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • rhinomagicrhinomagic Posts: 2,549
    NCBRI wrote:
    Spin has a video blog chronicling the tour. They already have clips up from West Palm interviewing fans etc. Pretty cool stuff!

http://www.spin.com/pearl-jam-tour

...connecting now.

Look out, Tampa. Here comes Pearl Jam!

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    SOOO HAPPY! Heading over to Tampa in a few minutes for the second show! Thanks guys for coming back around, West Palm was feelin it last nite!!!! Great show!
    LukinFan called me last night with a merch report just before the show. I was at work and didn't get to talk to him, but I think he deserves a shout-out for the effort.

Drive safely, bro. You've got a long haul to make today/this weekend.

Can't wait until my turn gets here in a couple of weeks.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Dollpartz wrote:
    SOOO HAPPY! Heading over to Tampa in a few minutes for the second show! Thanks guys for coming back around, West Palm was feelin it last nite!!!! Great show!

Oh man! I missed you yesterday. You going to be at pre show fundraiser?
    I can't get there until about 5 or so.... will yoube at pre party? where will you be sitting. tonight I will be up front (courtesy of some friends with killer a 1993 tenclub number). My son & his girlfriend are also going.

• tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Rock On!!!

The Dirty South
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    tybird wrote:
    Rock On!!!

The Dirty South

It's just beginning... you guys are next!

SPALMA wrote:
    It's just beginning... you guys are next!

Come Monday....it'll be alright...

The Dirty South
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    Last night was just fantastic :)

Have fun you guys going to the next shows! :D

THANKS FOR PLAYING THE SOUTH.
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
    I'm pretty sure they would prefer to play Atlanta instead of Columbia, but I doubt the people that run Bonnaro(spelling?) would be happy about that. They probably have a blackout area where Pearl Jam can't play for a certain period of time so they could get more ticket sales for the festival.

I'm going to make the drive to Columbia, never been but hopefully it's a cool town.

Columbia is cool. I have been to a few football games at Williams-Brice Stadium.
    Atlanta 92
    Columbia 08
    Atlanta 12
    Charlotte 13
    St Louis 14
    Greenville 16
    St Louis 22
    Seattle 24
    SPALMA wrote:
    Oh man! I missed you yesterday. You going to be at pre show fundraiser?
    I can't get there until about 5 or so.... will yoube at pre party? where will you be sitting. tonight I will be up front (courtesy of some friends with killer a 1993 tenclub number). My son & his girlfriend are also going.

i know, i missed everyone, didnt make it to connolly's. gonna try to make it to hattricks, i have a t shirt for clinton, dummie me never got his cell phone number!

i am not picking up my tix until we get to the show, traffic in tampa was horrible! last nite, had section 4, but in the 2nd row back, very nice view actually!

i will be looking for ya, enjoy, should be another kickass show!!!
    Glad you guys had a great time last night. I know I can't wait till Tuesday. Enjoy Tampa and Columbia people! I expect to see some pictures posted. :)

THE SOUTHEAST IS HAPPY
    Brian
    I'm even getting pumped...might even load some PJ on my new iPod. :D

The Dirty South
    Pearl_Juli wrote:

Congratulations on finally getting to see PJ live.
    Brian
    tybird wrote:
    I'm even getting pumped...might even load some PJ on my new iPod. :D

The Dirty South

"New" iPod? Sweet!
    It's come a long ways from those dark days of posting nothing but hundreds of angry emoticons hasn't it?
    Brian
  • Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    NCBRI wrote:
    Congratulations on finally getting to see PJ live.

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
    NCBRI wrote:
    "New" iPod? Sweet!
    It's come a long ways from those dark days of posting nothing but hundreds of angry emoticons hasn't it?
    You got to admit......those were some masterpieces. :D:p

The Dirty South
    Pearl_Juli wrote:
    I hope it was all that and more.

The Dirty South
    play ATL and TX
    Atlanta 92
    Columbia 08
    Atlanta 12
    Charlotte 13
    St Louis 14
    Greenville 16
    St Louis 22
    Seattle 24
    I'm off the grid until late next week. Safe traveling everyone. Enjoy Bonnaroo, Columbia, and VA Beach.

And make sure to take time this weekend to visit/call your fathers and tell them how much you love them. You never know when you won't be able to do it anymore. :(

THE SOUTH HAS BEEN RELEASED
    ride the wave where it takes you
    Brian
    Pearl Jam rolls on through The Dirty South.

Look out, Bonnaroo. Here comes Pearl Jam!

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Nice to finally meet Spalma and to see Stoneg and his wife and daughter again! Sorry I missed you Mandie, I sat next to Eli and told him to say hello for me since we missed each other. Had an amazing time last nite, have no voice today!

Thanks 10C again for great seats and thanks PJ for putting on such a kickass show in Tampa!
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    Pearl_Juli wrote:

It was nice finally to meet you.West Palm was such a great show.My Favorite one out of all the times I seen them.ROCK ON JULI!! YOU RULE!
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
    play ATL and TX

going to Carolina.....
    Atlanta 92
    Columbia 08
    Atlanta 12
    Charlotte 13
    St Louis 14
    Greenville 16
    St Louis 22
    Seattle 24
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    they are playing the south now let this sucker DIE!~
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
    NCBRI wrote:
    I'm off the grid until late next week. Safe traveling everyone. Enjoy Bonnaroo, Columbia, and VA Beach.

And make sure to take time this weekend to visit/call your fathers and tell them how much you love them. You never know when you won't be able to do it anymore. :(

THE SOUTH HAS BEEN RELEASED
    ride the wave where it takes you
    I'll jump the grid after tonight....daughter has to catch a plane in Hotlanta tomorrow...we drop her off and head for Columbia.

The Dirty South