***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    That's not even funny ;)

So which SEC team will Ohio St. lose to in the Championship game this year? Off topic but I saw your signature line.

not Alabama or Auburn, or whoever you root for
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,853
    that's so cute that you guys are all still signing your little "Please Play The South" petition.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • MakingWavesMakingWaves Posts: 1,293
    tybird wrote:
    I'm worried it will be Georgia. :p

The Dirty South

I'm worried you are right..but maybe my Auburn Tigers can surprise some people this year before your Tide gets up and running in a year or two.
    Seeing visions of falling up somehow.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    New Orleans '10 - Jazzfest
    New Orleans '16 - Jazzfest
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
    thunderDAN wrote:

Don't count Auburn out yet.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    thunderDAN wrote:
    He's Auburn, I'm Alabama...and you're right, besides we both said Georgia.

The Dirty South
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    that's so cute that you guys are all still signing your little "Please Play The South" petition.

I agree. Although i would rather it be called something else besides cute.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
    Don't count Auburn out yet.

Georgia might beat tOSU in the NCG but Auburn won't be in Miami in January, maybe in Orlando, but not Miami. Ohio State has the whole team coming back, and although SEC fans like to beat their chests for what other teams in their conference have done- we don't really care we lost last year to LSU. Ohio State took a team full of sophomores in Jr.s to a title game because nobody else could seal the deal. They didn't belong in that game, but nobody else wanted in so they were there. LSU had a better team than OSU because OSU was there a year early. Ohio State plays in a weak conference and will be there again this year- but this year they will have a team to be reckoned with
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    Tonight we rock West Palm!

well, at least PJ and a house full of happy fans will

THE SOUTH ABIDES
    with celebratory beverage in hand
    Brian
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,853
    I agree. Although i would rather it be called something else besides cute.

why? it is cute.

someone asking in this thread for a southern tour is like a child writing a letter to Santa Claus.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    The Dirty South
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    thunderDAN wrote:
    Georgia might beat tOSU in the NCG but Auburn won't be in Miami in January, maybe in Orlando, but not Miami. Ohio State has the whole team coming back, and although SEC fans like to beat their chests for what other teams in their conference have done- we don't really care we lost last year to LSU. Ohio State took a team full of sophomores in Jr.s to a title game because nobody else could seal the deal. They didn't belong in that game, but nobody else wanted in so they were there. LSU had a better team than OSU because OSU was there a year early. Ohio State plays in a weak conference and will be there again this year- but this year they will have a team to be reckoned with

I agree, I don't think Auburn has a realistic shot to be in Miami. I also agree that Ohio State will be there and has a real shot this time. I think it will be against either Georgia or USC. Not much longer until we find out!

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
    why? it is cute.

someone asking in this thread for a southern tour is like a child writing a letter to Santa Claus.

If you say so but it has turned more into a celebration over the last few days so you can calm down and please take your negative attitude elsewhere.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
    I agree, I don't think Auburn has a realistic shot to be in Miami. I also agree that Ohio State will be there and has a real shot this time. I think it will be against either Georgia or USC. Not much longer until we find out!

It should be a good season because there are about 6-7 teams that could end up there easily. I think Ohio State and Georgia hold the edges (OSU b/c only one team on the schedule actually has a team to beat them, and Georgia is riding the coattails of 2 SEC champs in a row), but USC, Oklahoma, and Florida have awesome teams as well. I just think that two 1 loss teams will play in the game, and I can't think of another team other than USC that poses a serious threat to OSU- even if they lose in September to USC it looks alright
    thunderDAN wrote:
    It should be a good season because there are about 6-7 teams that could end up there easily. I think Ohio State and Georgia hold the edges (OSU b/c only one team on the schedule actually has a team to beat them, and Georgia is riding the coattails of 2 SEC champs in a row), but USC, Oklahoma, and Florida have awesome teams as well. I just think that two 1 loss teams will play in the game, and I can't think of another team other than USC that poses a serious threat to OSU- even if they lose in September to USC it looks alright

I forgot OSU plays USC early this year. Can't wait for that.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
    I forgot OSU plays USC early this year. Can't wait for that.

Yeah, I'm actually going and have never been to California before. We are going to Vegas for a couple days then driving to LA from there. All I'm hoping for is that OSU makes it a game.
    thunderDAN wrote:
    Yeah, I'm actually going and have never been to California before. We are going to Vegas for a couple days then driving to LA from there. All I'm hoping for is that OSU makes it a game.

What an awesome trip that will be. OSU will make it a game.

PJ plays the South in approximately 10 hours.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
    What an awesome trip that will be. OSU will make it a game.

PJ plays the South in approximately 10 hours.

are you going to any shows?
    thunderDAN wrote:
    are you going to any shows?

Heading to the airport in about an hour to fly down to Tampa for tomorrows show. Can't fucking wait. It's been too long.

Are you going to any?

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
    Heading to the airport in about an hour to fly down to Tampa for tomorrows show. Can't fucking wait. It's been too long.

Are you going to any?

I'm leaving Saturday for Virginia Beach
    thunderDAN wrote:
    I'm leaving Saturday for Virginia Beach

Cool

Well Im outta here. Everyone be safe traveling and can't wait to meet some of you tomorrow.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
    The Dirty South
  • CapstonerCapstoner Posts: 727
    no cameras or recorders for the Columbia show per the Colonial Center website.

http://www.thecolonialcenter.com/events/eventpages/84.asp
    Atlanta 92
    Columbia 08
    Atlanta 12
    Charlotte 13
    St Louis 14
    Greenville 16
    St Louis 22
    Seattle 24
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Capstoner wrote:
    no cameras or recorders for the Columbia show per the Colonial Center website.

http://www.thecolonialcenter.com/events/eventpages/84.asp
    What kid of bullshit is that :(

i wanted to bring my camera. at least my phone has a decent camera on it.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    The Dirty South
  • dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    holy crap there's a show in florida tonight! see y'all on monday....

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
    Va. Beach officially on the list of upcoming events. :)

Enjoy the hell out of this one tonight Florida!

THE SOUTH ABIDES
    we are down to minutes now
    Brian
    Spin has a video blog chronicling the tour. They already have clips up from West Palm interviewing fans etc. Pretty cool stuff!

http://www.spin.com/pearl-jam-tour
    Brian
    dangerboy wrote:
    holy crap there's a show in florida tonight! see y'all on monday....
    Damn straight, skippy....hope to meet 'ya in person.

The Dirty South
    Let the show begin!

THE SOUTH ABIDES NO MORE
    Brian
    *Fireworks*

The Dirty South