***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,454
    How is it that this thread isn't locked?
    because after 2 years....of fighting the good fight....hehehehe

these people here are allowed to celebrate...... and plan their shows...and plan their get togethers....

they have earned the right....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040

these people here are allowed to celebrate...... and plan their shows...and plan their get togethers....

Thanks Speedy!

Thanks for Bonnaroo

Thanks for coming to the Southeast

Announce a FULL Southern Tour
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • PearlJainPearlJain Posts: 565
    Thanks Speedy! :)
    The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated - Gandhi

"Empty pockets will Allow a greater Sense of wealth...." EV/ITW
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279

wow... are you the same speedy from the other threads?... (I would never try to get you banned):D you keep it interesting.
    You should come to florida shows. you've earned the right.
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • Thierry HenryThierry Henry Posts: 2,654
    SPALMA wrote:
    wow... are you the same speedy from the other threads?... (I would never try to get you banned):D you keep it interesting.
    You should come to florida shows. you've earned the right.

I heard they are playing Florida because of your "play florida" sign you had in Lisbon(???).
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • rhinomagicrhinomagic Posts: 2,549

SPEEDY with the quick defense. I love it!

I have a renewed faith in you, sir. :D

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
    I heard they are playing Florida because of your "play florida" sign you had in Lisbon(???).

And I am bringing it with me to WPB and Tampa! :):)

(Might write Thank you on the back)

• Thierry HenryThierry Henry Posts: 2,654
    SPALMA wrote:
    And I am bringing it with me to WPB and Tampa! :):)

(Might write Thank you on the back)

So it was Lisbon in 06 then??
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
    So it was Lisbon in 06 then??

yup, both shows... and the sign said "play the south". Ed saw it. we still talk about his antics on the stage. Then he came back to take a bow... sigh. certainly a highlight for me.

I had wanted to get it to Mike the first night (we were 2nd row) but it was crazy... by the 4th song I had a kid crawling up my back and my husband was being pushed back - so we got out of the pit (ok, we are old :))
    2nd night we were 1st tier side stage -best seats ever had. Perhaps the best show I've seen so far.

We have friends coming in from the Kansas for the fla shows too... they have killer 10c number. Am going to see if they can get the sign onto the stage. They should be close enough.

hey man, thanks for reminding me and letting me re-live the moment yet again.

• rhinomagicrhinomagic Posts: 2,549
    SPALMA wrote:
    yup, both shows... and the sign said "play the south". Ed saw it. we still talk about his antics on the stage. Then he came back to take a bow... sigh. certainly a highlight for me.

I had wanted to get it to Mike the first night (we were 2nd row) but it was crazy... by the 4th song I had a kid crawling up my back and my husband was being pushed back - so we got out of the pit (ok, we are old :))
    2nd night we were 1st tier side stage -best seats ever had. Perhaps the best show I've seen so far.

We have friends coming in from the Kansas for the fla shows too... they have killer 10c number. Am going to see if they can get the sign onto the stage. They should be close enough.

hey man, thanks for reminding me and letting me re-live the moment yet again.

I can remember reading a review of that Lisbon show and someone commented on that very sign. It struck me as out-of-place, but also like someone was representing me in Portugal.

Glad to know it was you. Thanks for your diligence! ;)

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175

thanks Speedy!

(You feeling alright today)? ;)
  • MakingWavesMakingWaves Posts: 1,293
    77 Days until WPB!
    78 Days until Tampa! And I will be at Tampa!

Of course this is assuming I counted correctly. So where should we meet up in Tampa? Never too early to start talking about it.
    Seeing visions of falling up somehow.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    New Orleans '10 - Jazzfest
    New Orleans '16 - Jazzfest
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
  • LukinFan wrote:

You guys have been begging them to play the Southeast, and if I lived there I'd be pissed about last tour too..and I am SOO glad that you guys are getting shows this time around.

but...and please don't flame me for saying this...
    have you noticed that the Southeastern shows that have gone on pre-sale did not sell out yet 2 days later, while the more northern venues did? I am sure it's not Pearl Jam saying "screw the South" but more likely...how cost effective is it to plan multiple shows if even the die-hard fans aren't coming out in droves to buy tickets?

You all better get your friends to buy out those venues if you wanna see more Southern dates.
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,454
    Dollpartz wrote:
    thanks Speedy!

(You feeling alright today)? ;)
    every once in a while i have to show people that i am not the blithering idiot that you all think i am....

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...................
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Drew263Drew263 Posts: 602
    You guys have been begging them to play the Southeast, and if I lived there I'd be pissed about last tour too..and I am SOO glad that you guys are getting shows this time around.

have you noticed that the Southeastern shows that have gone on pre-sale did not sell out yet 2 days later, while the more northern venues did? I am sure it's not Pearl Jam saying "screw the South" but more likely...how cost effective is it to plan multiple shows if even the die-hard fans aren't coming out in droves to buy tickets?

You all better get your friends to buy out those venues if you wanna see more Southern dates.

No I kinda agree with you to an extent. If they were playing Atlanta and say Nashville...I'd be going to 3 shows instead of just Columbia.
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Drew263 wrote:
    No I kinda agree with you to an extent. If they were playing Atlanta and say Nashville...I'd be going to 3 shows instead of just Columbia.
    Driving from texas...get in the car and head to Tampa and WPB....well if you can get the time off..
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    Thanks for Bonnaroo

www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • emc53emc53 Posts: 9
    Thanks for WPB, another great day down here today.
  • Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    Seeing all the sad & bitching threads about MSG makes me reaaaaaaally glad our sell went very smoothly. :p yay

See y'all in WPB :D
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
  • JTRJTR Posts: 347
    Hello hello. I haven't checked in since the stunner last week. I am beginning the tour at WPB. Who else? What can we get into pre-show? Where? What time? Hope to meet many on this the "Greatest Thread On Earth".

JR
  • Drew263Drew263 Posts: 602
    callen wrote:
    Driving from texas...get in the car and head to Tampa and WPB....well if you can get the time off..

I do have the vacation time. My problem is I have a wedding the saturday before that is 4+ hours away then I'm going to Columbia the following week. I'm also going to Destin, Fl is 2 weeks. So adding Tampa starts getting expensive all in a short period of time.

It is killing me though. I'm hoping for some July dates. I just need some time to recover $$ wise.
    JTR wrote:
    Hello hello. I haven't checked in since the stunner last week. I am beginning the tour at WPB. Who else? What can we get into pre-show? Where? What time? Hope to meet many on this the "Greatest Thread On Earth".

JR

welcome back... pre concert tail gate/wishlist part is being planned... so far that is all we've heard.

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=277995

you have any ideas?

• tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    JTR wrote:

JR
    See you in Columbia???? :confused:

The Dirty South...Finally
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569

i kind of agree, too, but look at the population figures within 100 miles of the venues. nyc has more people by itself than north carolina. of course shows with that many people around them sill sell out. i still contend (as have others) that shows in places more like dallas, atlanta, or charlotte would sell better.

i won't go so far as to say that maybe they chose out of the way places on purpose so they'd have evidence to back up their predisposed theories....

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    ps i will go so far as to say that i'm taking some twisted pleasure in seeing the northeast natives get restless over something. they've been taken good care of for a long time now. interesting to see them upset and feeling disenfranchised...

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
    dangerboy wrote:
    i kind of agree, too, but look at the population figures within 100 miles of the venues. nyc has more people by itself than north carolina. of course shows with that many people around them sill sell out. i still contend (as have others) that shows in places more like dallas, atlanta, or charlotte would sell better.

i won't go so far as to say that maybe they chose out of the way places on purpose so they'd have evidence to back up their predisposed theories....

but it's all about the "routing".

• MakingWavesMakingWaves Posts: 1,293
    JTR wrote:

JR

Finally get to meet JTR. Very cool. I will see you in Tampa at whatever pre-show gathering we end up doing.
    Seeing visions of falling up somehow.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    New Orleans '10 - Jazzfest
    New Orleans '16 - Jazzfest
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
    SPALMA wrote:
    but it's all about the "routing".
    :p:p:p:D

The Dirty South...Finally.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • LukinFan wrote:
    Thanks for Bonnaroo

ANNOUNCE A FULL SOUTHEREN TOUR!!!!! You are not even going to Tampa. WTF is wrong with you people!!!!!!
    Tell the Captain the boats not safe were drowning, turns out he's the one making waves.

9/29/96~9/10/98~9/11/98~8/24/00~8/25/00~4/30/03~7/08/03~7/09/03~9/15/05~9/16/05~10/1/05~5/5/06~5/12/06~5/13/06~5/27/06~5/28/06~6/1/06~6/3/06~6~19/08~6/24/08~6/25/08~6/27/08~8/5/08~10/30/09~10/31/09~5/20/10~5/21/10
    WTF is wrong with you people!!!!!!
    ...we're not blessed to be your neighbor??? :confused:

The Dirty South