***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    Ok people, got a couple rumors about TX shows coming in July. First, a friend of mine got some solicitation from his credit card company and he is enrolled in some rewards program that allows you to get tickets to free shows. Well this solicitation sent out a list of the concerts they will be sponsoring this year and giving free tickets to and there was a listing for Pearl Jam, Dallas in July.

Next rumor is that another guy I know works at a radio station here and his cousin is married to someone that is related to Jeff...I know it sounds ridiculous. Anyway my friend is telling me that he heard from all those people...that Jeff said they'd be in TX sometime in July-Aug.

Here's to hope...cheers!
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    hail hail the lucky ones

thanks be to the powers that heard us

confirm the tentative south!

*tennessee*(june 13-15)*

?texas?(sept 26-28)?

louisiana

mississippi

alabama

georgia

*florida*(wpb june 11, tampa june 12)*

*south carolina*(columbia, june 16)*

?north carolina?(june)?

*virginia*(va beach, june 17)*

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    rhinomagic wrote:
    I am indeed one of the 'others' at this point.

But I'm feeling the need to get as much PJ in as possible this year. It's been SO long.

Come down South- you know that you'll regret it if you don't. I almost backed out of WPB because of the money involved and it being so close to Bonnaroo, but I knew that if I didn't go to at least one of the shows in FL I would regret it.

Thanks for Bonnaroo

Thanks for coming to the Southeast

Announce a FULL Southern Tour

Rhino buy your WPB tickets :)
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • YieldInHidingYieldInHiding Posts: 1,841
    So we can lock this one up now, right?
    No longer overwhelmed it seems so simple now.
  • rhinomagicrhinomagic Posts: 2,549
    LukinFan wrote:
    Come down South- you know that you'll regret it if you don't. I almost backed out of WPB because of the money involved and it being so close to Bonnaroo, but I knew that if I didn't go to at least one of the shows in FL I would regret it.

Rhino buy your WPB tickets :)

It's not a matter of not wanting to go south.

It's a matter of first things first. Didn't Stephen Covey teach us anything? ;)

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388
    yield2me wrote:
    Ok people, got a couple rumors about TX shows coming in July. First, a friend of mine got some solicitation from his credit card company and he is enrolled in some rewards program that allows you to get tickets to free shows. Well this solicitation sent out a list of the concerts they will be sponsoring this year and giving free tickets to and there was a listing for Pearl Jam, Dallas in July.

Next rumor is that another guy I know works at a radio station here and his cousin is married to someone that is related to Jeff...I know it sounds ridiculous. Anyway my friend is telling me that he heard from all those people...that Jeff said they'd be in TX sometime in July-Aug.

Here's to hope...cheers!
    love to see the letter....can you scan and post?

Still don't feel any positive vibes from this...no offense to you....just the double shout out from 10 C saying "No more Planned shows" Going to DC and MSG to make sure......now if they do come to texas..BONUS. :)
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
    callen wrote:
    love to see the letter....can you scan and post?

Still don't feel any positive vibes from this...no offense to you....just the double shout out from 10 C saying "No more Planned shows" Going to DC and MSG to make sure......now if they do come to texas..BONUS. :)

I'm always skeptical of the Ten Club's statement that sounds like what you posted. There's too much wiggle-room left in the language.

Don't buy their lines unless it reads "There will absolutely be NO OTHER Pearl Jam shows this year." Even then, it's a toss-up as whether I'd go along with it. Fool me twice...

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    Bump.Sorry just don't like seeing this on page 3.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    So we can lock this one up now, right?
    Do you not have anything better to do with your time???

The Dirty South...Finally
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,454
    dangerboy wrote:
    what about that "australian tour rumors no bullshit" thread that lasted for a year after the band played a nice batch of shows in oz? did you go in there and tell them to stop posting and to delete thier thread, too? at least give us a little time to celebrate and work out our get-togethers. and there's always the option of not clicking on the thread....

and re: sales. do you people not remember how long some of the 06 fc tickets were up? sure, i expect the msg shows to sell faster, but even the gorge 06 didn't sell out the first day. and, as has been pointed out, the south is a big place geographically. i'm smack dab in the middle of the sc and vabch shows, but it will mean something like 15 or 16 hours in the car over the course of two days. not complaining, just stating the logistical reality.
    plan your trips!!!
    plan your get togethers!!!!
    enjoy your shows!!!!!

i apologize for my behavior yesterday....

lets just say i was having a bad day.....hehehehe

glad you got your shows dangerboy....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    Just wanted to add that 14 years ago today, I experienced my first Pearl Jam concert. What a great night it was:

03/25/94 - Mid-South Coliseum: Memphis, TN
    support act: King's X

set: Release, Go, Animal, Deep, Jeremy, Glorified G, Daughter/(Suspicious Minds)/(It's Better to Not be Sane improv)/(Suspicious Minds)/(WMA), Even Flow, Dissident, State of Love and Trust

enc 1: Last Exit, Black, Alive, Leash, Rearviewmirror, Not for You, Elderly Woman, Blood

enc 2: Baba O'Riley, Street Fighting Man jam, Porch/(Tearing)

notes: 'Deep' lyrics are altered to "young virgin from Memphis." Similarly, the 'Suspicious Minds' lead out from 'Daughter' is undoubtedly a tribute to playing in "Elvis territory." Ed becomes annoyed with all of the "Eddie" chants: "The only fucking reason you guys chant my name is cuz I'm the only guy in the band whose name has two syllables. We call Stone 'Stoney.' You could chant that ..." and leads the audience to chant "Stoney, Stoney." After 'State,' Ed asks if anyone is in love and then asks, "It's OK to be gay in Memphis, isn't it? All right, let's take a vote ... yes? no? Anyone who said 'no,' you're a fucking asshole. Grow up, get a life!" Some really long haired kid from the crowd gets to share the mic with Ed on 'Leash,' after which he does a glorious dive off the stage. At the start of the second encore, Ed comes out and says, "Thank you, thank you so much," in his best Elvis voice. Then, "Mike McCready starts this song. If he doesn't start it in the next 15 seconds, I'm gonna kick his ass." Then Stone joins in: "The question is, can he play it with that stupid mask on?" and Mike starts off 'Baba O'Riley.' At one point, Ed makes gestures like he will jump into the crowd and, instead, tosses Mike into the swarm. In the brief 'Street Fighting Man' jam, Ed changes the lyrics from "In sleepy London town..." to "In sleepy Memphis town...".

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388
    rhinomagic wrote:
    Just wanted to add that 14 years ago today, I experienced my first Pearl Jam concert. What a great night it was:

03/25/94 - Mid-South Coliseum: Memphis, TN
    support act: King's X

set: Release, Go, Animal, Deep, Jeremy, Glorified G, Daughter/(Suspicious Minds)/(It's Better to Not be Sane improv)/(Suspicious Minds)/(WMA), Even Flow, Dissident, State of Love and Trust

enc 1: Last Exit, Black, Alive, Leash, Rearviewmirror, Not for You, Elderly Woman, Blood

enc 2: Baba O'Riley, Street Fighting Man jam, Porch/(Tearing)

notes: 'Deep' lyrics are altered to "young virgin from Memphis." Similarly, the 'Suspicious Minds' lead out from 'Daughter' is undoubtedly a tribute to playing in "Elvis territory." Ed becomes annoyed with all of the "Eddie" chants: "The only fucking reason you guys chant my name is cuz I'm the only guy in the band whose name has two syllables. We call Stone 'Stoney.' You could chant that ..." and leads the audience to chant "Stoney, Stoney." After 'State,' Ed asks if anyone is in love and then asks, "It's OK to be gay in Memphis, isn't it? All right, let's take a vote ... yes? no? Anyone who said 'no,' you're a fucking asshole. Grow up, get a life!" Some really long haired kid from the crowd gets to share the mic with Ed on 'Leash,' after which he does a glorious dive off the stage. At the start of the second encore, Ed comes out and says, "Thank you, thank you so much," in his best Elvis voice. Then, "Mike McCready starts this song. If he doesn't start it in the next 15 seconds, I'm gonna kick his ass." Then Stone joins in: "The question is, can he play it with that stupid mask on?" and Mike starts off 'Baba O'Riley.' At one point, Ed makes gestures like he will jump into the crowd and, instead, tosses Mike into the swarm. In the brief 'Street Fighting Man' jam, Ed changes the lyrics from "In sleepy London town..." to "In sleepy Memphis town...".

Release...one of my all time faves.....still gives me chills......love to have it as an opener this go around.

Funny...just after I scored my DC's I finally listed shows I've attended. Good times...I'm soooo freakin stoked to see PJ again...I'm top of the world. Woo hoo.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    plan your trips!!!
    enjoy your shows!!!!!

thanks for the good vibes speedy. no matter what anybody else says, i knew there was a human being in there somewhere ;)

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
    Thanks for Bonnaroo

www.RLMcDaniel.com

• NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    Feels good to get that order confirmation for something other than a T-Shirt or a book. :)
    Brian
    Thanks for Bonnaroo

www.RLMcDaniel.com

• lance_graylance_gray Posts: 166
    This thing has been going on for 2 full years and still no luck. Sad.
    Dallas '98 - Dallas '00 - OKC '03 - Dallas '03

www.myspace.com/lance_gray

www.bonafidedarling.com
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    plan your trips!!!
    enjoy your shows!!!!!

I know the feeling, Speedy
    Last time I ate at Outback, I had a couple of bad days afterward...food poisoning. Hope no one in your party ordered the lamb. :D

The Dirty South....Finally.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,454
    tybird wrote:
    I know the feeling, Speedy
    Last time I ate at Outback, I had a couple of bad days afterward...food poisoning. Hope no one in your party ordered the lamb. :D

The Dirty South....Finally.
    hahahahaha...........

actually the Outback worked out well...i was surprised...
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    Thanks for Bonnaroo

www.RLMcDaniel.com

• pathorsespathorses Posts: 319
    tybird wrote:
    Plans have changed....DC is out....Hello Columbia, SC!!!!

See y'all there.

The Dirty South...finally.

YAY!!!!!! We need all the people we can get, can't wait to see you!!!

Pat

Y'all come to Columbia because:

THEY'RE PLAYING THE SOUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Atlanta 3/94
    Charleston 10/96
    Greenville 4/98
    Charlotte 8/00
    Charlotte 4/03
    Gorge I & II 7/06
    Columbia 6/08
    Jazz Festival 5/10
    Noblesville 5/10
  • lazymoon13lazymoon13 Posts: 838
    I feel kinda bad for you guys. all this begging and you dont sell out the shows :(
    lazymoon13 wrote:
    I feel kinda bad for you guys. all this begging and you dont sell out the shows :(
    the shows WILL sell out

Thanks for Bonnaroo

www.RLMcDaniel.com

• PearlJainPearlJain Posts: 565
    I do believe that Pearl Jam knows their fan base. Let's keep in mind that we did not personally choose the Southern venues. Pearl Jam did (as well as those that work for them!) And they saw it within reason to tour Va., SC., and book TWO shows (within two hours of each other) here in FLORIDA! I trust that they know what they're doing! And those of us in Florida (as well as SC and VA), and those from out of state and country whom are traveling to the Southern shows- are going to be THRILLED beyond belief to see them!!!!! We are also thrilled for our North East Friends as well. If you have the extra time and money - Come see them here in the South as well! Seriously.
    The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated - Gandhi

"Empty pockets will Allow a greater Sense of wealth...." EV/ITW
  • pathorsespathorses Posts: 319
    Crazy idea, but I really want to go to more than one show.....anybody on here interested in sharing the drive from Cola to Va. Beach? It's about seven hours and I hate driving but I hate missing out on our Southern tour.....I've got a good number (126xxx) and I would split my ticket and expenses. We could take my car as well. I think we're all good people here so maybe it's not so crazy......let me know if you're interested.
    Pat
    Atlanta 3/94
    Charleston 10/96
    Greenville 4/98
    Charlotte 8/00
    Charlotte 4/03
    Gorge I & II 7/06
    Columbia 6/08
    Jazz Festival 5/10
    Noblesville 5/10
    Oh man. 14 years ago right now.

I've still got the shirt I bought that night. Holy cow!

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
  • How is it that this thread isn't locked?
    How is it that this thread isn't locked?

Thanks for the bump.

We always appreciate a helping hand in The Dirty South.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
  • PearlJainPearlJain Posts: 565
    Well-

No matter how hard we try.......the "Hater" saga (for the South) continues. oh well....Such is life. They aren't going to ruin MY good mood about the June Tampa show!!!
    The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated - Gandhi

"Empty pockets will Allow a greater Sense of wealth...." EV/ITW
  • suns22suns22 Posts: 94
    How is it that this thread isn't locked?

Once Texas is announced then the thread can be locked.

ACL announcement in less than three weeks....a day which will either be glorious, or depressing.
    San Antonio '03
    Houston '03
    Dallas '03
    Hopefully more to come in TX.......some day.
    Bonnaroo '08