***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• LukinFan wrote:
    Just don't find yourself in any "small towns" :) and you'll be fine. I don't even little in a big town, and I rarely see "rednecks"- right Rhino?

Well, I take that back, we do have some rednecks here, but it's not liek they're dangerous or anything. I got your back Super Vedder when you come to Florida.

And the farther south you go, the less and less rednecks you'll see- well, once you get past Gainsville- haha

play the south

tour the south

Well, if ya say youve got my back i reckon i could "brave" it then ;)

Anyway, just play the damn south will ya so i can start planning my holidays!!! :D
    Black, the greatest without a doubt........
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    rhinomagic wrote:
    Can JTR or someone else tell me why he's trusted? Not to say I don't, but I must not have been paying attention in the past when he has supplied info.

Glad you're back and shedding some light on things. I'm just trying to fill in the gap, if you know what I mean.

Cheers! Tour the South!

The man has personal connections...his word is solid.

PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    the hell with those pictures...hehehe

you only live once....

here is a chance for all you people in this thread to get together....

rent some R.V's...pitch some tents....pack all your camping gear..and go have a great time....

im not going to let some pictures of some knuckleheads make my decision....

Bonaroo or not, we're here until they tour the south. get used to it.

playthesouth
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    Dollpartz wrote:
    no thanks, i saw those pictures.....i'll pass

Hey, how did you get to see those pictures? I thought they were secret.

playthesouth
    tourthesouth
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • SPALMA wrote:
    Bonaroo or not, we're here until they tour the south. get used to it.

playthesouth
    get used to it????

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.....................
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    SPALMA wrote:
    Hey, how did you get to see those pictures? I thought they were secret.

playthesouth
    tourthesouth

no secret. want the link?

anyway, doesnt look like my idea of a good time, i'm still gonna pass.....
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    Capstoner wrote:
    I am going to Bonnaroo but I still would like to see PJ play NC, FL or Atlanta.
    Same here

play the south
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    tybird wrote:
    The man has personal connections...his word is solid.

PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S

except for the fact that everything he said always "fell through". "by the end of the month i promise". must be good pictures.

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • dangerboy wrote:
    except for the fact that everything he said always "fell through". "by the end of the month i promise". must be good pictures.
    exactly....

it was all bullshit...........
  • LukinFan wrote:
    Same here

play the south

I can see by your signature that you would be down with FL, NC and ATL. It will happen one day, hopefully soon.

Tour the South.
    Atlanta 92
    Columbia 08
    Atlanta 12
    Charlotte 13
    St Louis 14
    Greenville 16
    St Louis 22
    Seattle 24
    02-03-2007, 04:13 PM
    JTR
    Dissident Join Date: Dec 2006

See The Light

It is confirmed. July, August, and September through the States. AND a few Southern stops before West and Bridge.

02-03-2007, 04:25 PM
    JTR

See

No, this is not your usual rumor BS. Look at my previous posts. Have faith, as soon as the venues are tied up next week, they will announce. Before then creates havoc for the venue. It's coming...

02-08-2007, 01:32 AM
    JTR

One last thought - do you think they would ramp up the crew and everything that goes with that to play a few shows in Europe? Two band members will have their children in the spring and then Europe onto US "weird progression" stops until The Bridge School Benefit and then go into the studio. Weird Progression is the tour order and venue selection.

02-09-2007, 04:20 PM
    JTR

Ok

Listen listen. Don't be so negative. Believe. It's coming. And just remember who brought it first.

02-11-2007, 07:24 PM
    JTR

There are a few differences, which may be scheduling vs. venue. For instance, I have a Raleigh but not a New Orleans, but it's really close to similar. I do know that when a few more venues are sewn up, they will announce. The correct person told me "without a doubt before the end of the month

02-12-2007, 01:31 AM
    JTR

The list is in alphabetical order, but the tour is not. Begins in NY and ends in Seattle.

02-15-2007, 04:35 PM
    JTR

Just now called someone again on PST and he still says the first set (1 of 2) of dates should be announced by month's end for a July start. Passing it on ... and he should know.

02-20-2007, 07:11 PM
    JTR

All's good. Jeff sees all. Feels the bass undertones. He (like me) would love to spit out the dates. Would make everyone mad. Soon will come.

02-21-2007, 01:35 AM
    JTR

NCBRI, you'll be a-o-k for the Raleigh show. Hope you are making more shows than that, though.

All I know is that I am tired of travelling to Canada, the Great West, and the Pacific Ocean etc. to see the band (though it's always worth it). We all can agree that there's is really something different about seeing Pearl Jam in our comfort zone - down here in Nashville for instance the weather is always heat lightning-ish and humid as id. They always open Release in NC and Oceans here. Going to Hawaii or Phoenix or SoCal where the pretty palm trees sway is cute, but not the same.

To give everyone a good example of what's going on, here in Nashville the date was planned at the local amphitheater that resembles every other one in the country other than East Troy, and Live Nation, the owner, closed it to sell to a real estate developer (of which creed I am also). And so the band is now jockeying to find a replacement.

In general it is true that "Tours" in the South, not just Pearl Jam, have not been commercial successes. However, they haven't been a loss.

Look forward to meeting some of you on this thread at the shows in July, August, and September.

PLAY THE SOUTH

02-23-2007, 01:26 AM
    JTR

Come March

I understand. Posse like "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly".

If things don't work out just right by 3/1 then I will PM each of you my e-mail address that have been on this thread for the past two weeks. I will e-mail you the sustinence you need, but expect a decent round of drinks at the shows.

After reading the e-mails that I send you, please apologize also, thanks.

02-23-2007, 03:45 PM
    JTR

"The list below is tentative and is updated weekly. Confirmed dates will start to roll out soon."

Teaser.

02-26-2007, 10:17 PM
    JTR

Wow

You guys and girls are tough. No wonder I have never posted here before this year. The negativity is deafening. Just remember who put it out there and went unbelieved.

02-27-2007, 10:17 PM
    JTR

Faithful

I promise I won't quit posting. And there is a reason for Moderator intervention. It's not simply coincidence.

03-01-2007, 01:18 AM
    JTR

Can't Keep Me Down

I am here. Waiting, watching the clock it's 7:17 o'clock. Tomorrow.

03-01-2007, 04:02 PM
    JTR

3/1

I have e-mailed my friends in Seattle to see if it's ok to put forth the list as I have it. When I get a return e-mail I will send everyone a PM that was on the list from last week. Please do not post it.

A while back I wrote this:

"and then Europe onto US "weird progression" stops until The Bridge School Benefit and then go into the studio. Weird Progression is the tour order and venue selection."

What I meant is that the band it tired as shit of the usual Live Nation/Clear Channel/Miller Lite promoted and venued shows and are trying to put together a more creative tour that is festive. The South is included. These odd venues and festivals are hard to tie down. The Chicago release this morning came out because I had been told it was ok to run my mouth today because it would be announced today - and I will bet that reporter had the same instructions.

Either way, I will send the return e-mail that I get. I'm not going away ...

03-01-2007, 10:44 PM
    JTR

Some Hope

I am here. Waiting for my e-mail for an ok. The response I got earlier was "give me a couple of hours". Kind of criptic. I said "thanks". What else to say?

03-03-2007, 11:51 PM
    JTR

Finally

My e-mail said:

"just give us a few more days, please, and then everyone will know at the same time. Maybe Monday or Tuesday."

So, that's what we'll do.

03-05-2007, 03:31 AM
    JTR

Very fair Ty. I am concerned about how long it is taking for them to put his together. There has been more than one setback. However, they are "steadfast" in their goal to catch the South. Soon.

03-06-2007, 11:01 PM
    JTR

You Will Know First

I will try really hard and post it on this thread well before it's Stickied.

Unless they post it at 2 am. laughing the whole time.

03-07-2007, 10:40 PM
    JTR

Hearts and Thoughts

The wire is hot. Repeat, the wire is hot. Things are on the move finally.

03-08-2007, 03:20 PM
    JTR

Tide

For my update:

"It has been released as a draft to so many people now that I can't see how they are going to keep it in."

Can't Keep...

I say Friday or Monday

03-08-2007, 08:42 PM
    JTR

Waiting Drove Me Mad

Since my list of 16 came from the horse's mouth, everything we are saying today makes me feel better. Maybe the usual 30 shows was pared down to 16-18 and that's the list I have. I was just getting worried the 16 was being pared down without the horse saying so. And "few" probably does mean in comparison to normal North American tours.

You definitely need to calculate Orlando to Nashville!

This morning I started rustling up another source that is more in tune to the $ (as opposed to the melodies) of Pearl Jam to see if he has an update for me. I will pass that on as I hear it because I don't really care if he gets pissed at me!

• of fuck....now that is some funny shit.....

dangerboy....i hope it all works out one way or another and you enjoy a kick ass pearl jam concert at Bonnaroo.......
    of fuck....now that is some funny shit.....

dangerboy....i hope it all works out one way or another and you enjoy a kick ass pearl jam concert at Bonnaroo.......
    Dangerboy, did you decide to make the trip to the Roo?

play the south
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

LukinFan wrote:
    Dangerboy, did you decide to make the trip to the Roo?

play the south

working on it. thanks for asking...

play the south
    legit

dangerboy wrote:

play the south
    legit
    Very cool- as it gets closer we all need to meet up and party a bit at the Roo. I know not all of the regulars on this thread aren't going, but a few of us are so it should be sweet
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• dangerboy wrote:

play the south
    legit
    oh oh...im going to be serious here....that doesnt happen often....

i am glad to hear you are trying/doing what it takes....

to go to this show....

RIGHT ON!!!!!!

hope we get a 3 hour show that knocks us on our ass!!!!!
  • TheGossmanTheGossman Posts: 1,120
    dangerboy, I'm not saying that JTR isn't full of shit, he hasn't shown me any proof that he has inside info on the band, he could be full of it or telling us the truth, but I know for a FACT that PJ had a tour booked for the south last year, I heard it from a DJ in Orlando named Carter who was a pretty big fan, and a really nice guy. He just told me they were having problems with the routing, hopefully this year it all works out!
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
    TheGossman wrote:
    dangerboy, I'm not saying that JTR isn't full of shit, he hasn't shown me any proof that he has inside info on the band, he could be full of it or telling us the truth, but I know for a FACT that PJ had a tour booked for the south last year, I heard it from a DJ in Orlando named Carter who was a pretty big fan, and a really nice guy. He just told me they were having problems with the routing, hopefully this year it all works out!

i'm not telling you carter is full of shit, but i work in radio, too, in a top 50 market, and my rock guys knew nothing. and trust me, i asked them plenty. neither ty (per his word, and good for him) nor jtr ever divulged his source, but mine are rock radio people and people who have worked for the band for years. they all refuted everything he said all along...

• AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    damn.

this one is my favorite...

"The wire is hot. Repeat, the wire is hot. Things are on the move finally."

lmao.....

and still hoping for some vote for change shows in the south
    sorry to be so cynical, but i'll believe it when i see it. i put no stock in anything posted here unless it's by kat, sea, or tim.

fool me once, shame on you
    fool me twice, shame on me

play the south
    legit

I too will be at Roo, I don't give a shit I gotta see this band live this year and I'm gonna do whatever it takes, so who else is going? Speedy, and Danger, you guys up for some pre show drinks?
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
  • dangerboy wrote:
    sorry to be so cynical, but i'll believe it when i see it. i put no stock in anything posted here unless it's by kat, sea, or tim.

fool me once, shame on you
    fool me twice, shame on me

play the south
    legit

What HE said.....!!

I really, really want to see them, too but I can't imagine going unless I go VIP with showers, etc. Bonnaroo is NOT close, it's the South, but it's NOT close. It would be a big trip and I would much rather see REGULAR SHOW(S) so

TOUR THE SOUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Atlanta 3/94
    Charleston 10/96
    Greenville 4/98
    Charlotte 8/00
    Charlotte 4/03
    Gorge I & II 7/06
    Columbia 6/08
    Jazz Festival 5/10
    Noblesville 5/10
    TheGossman wrote:
    I too will be at Roo, I don't give a shit I gotta see this band live this year and I'm gonna do whatever it takes, so who else is going? Speedy, and Danger, you guys up for some pre show drinks?
    I agree- I'll be there!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    I go to work for a few hours and things are on fire here.What is up? More JTR Bull Crap?I will check with my connection with the Band.Please someone tell me whats up.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • just heard the news...fuck yeah...
    4/18/03, 10/6/04, 9/11/05, 6/24/06, 6/16/08, ?
    just heard the news...fuck yeah...

what news?
  • PTFS!!! nuff said! please
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky,a human being that was given 2 fly - Bryan you are loved R.I.P
  • TheGossman wrote:
    what news?

sorry, the 'roo news, i apparently live in a cave.
    4/18/03, 10/6/04, 9/11/05, 6/24/06, 6/16/08, ?
    sorry, the 'roo news, i apparently live in a cave.

at least it's a nearby cave....congrats

play the south
    legitz

play the south
    www.RLMcDaniel.com