***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    Dollpartz wrote:
    no secret. want the link?

anyway, doesnt look like my idea of a good time, i'm still gonna pass.....

please, yes.

playthesouth
    tourthesouth
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
    stoneg wrote:
    I go to work for a few hours and things are on fire here.What is up? More JTR Bull Crap?I will check with my connection with the Band.Please someone tell me whats up.

Please do. I can't leave the state for a while (not that I would go to a festival).

playthesouth

• the south loves PJ

please tour the south
    Atlanta 92
    Columbia 08
    Atlanta 12
    Charlotte 13
    St Louis 14
    Greenville 16
    St Louis 22
    Seattle 24
    playthesouth

tourthesouth

• LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    playthesouth

tourthesouth
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • please tour the south
    Atlanta 92
    Columbia 08
    Atlanta 12
    Charlotte 13
    St Louis 14
    Greenville 16
    St Louis 22
    Seattle 24
    play the south

announce a southern tour

see you at Bonnaroo
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    SPALMA wrote:
    please, yes.

playthesouth
    tourthesouth

okay, here ya go...

http://forums.pearljam.com/showpost.php?p=5162548&postcount=50
  • Dollpartz wrote:
    i just wish i had taken some pictures of incidents i have witnessed at "pearl jam only" shows...

where some guy purposely dumped his beer on some poor girls posters she just purchased....because she bought the last 2 and he got shut out...

or a picture of the guy in boston who threw his cup of beer in the air and drenched everyone...

or a picture of the guy who threw up on the 4 people in front of him....all over their new posters and shirts.....

or a picture of the filthy fucking disgusting philly/camden parking lot....

or a picture of the guy in calgary while standing in front of me to get a beer was so fucking drunk passed out and cracked his head....

or a picture of the assfucks sitting in front of me in cleveland who were trying to start a fucking fight with everyone they possibly could....

or a picture of 10club members sneaking as many people in to the front rows as they possibly could.....thus fucking over everyone in those rows who purchased tickets....

and most of those incidents were the act of the holier than thou "10 club members"
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    Dollpartz wrote:
    hippies....hippies, all they want to do is smoke pot and smell bad..:D

PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    play the south

announce a southern tour

see you at Bonnaroo
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• lukin321lukin321 Charlotte, NC Posts: 864
    Play the South

No Roo for me

Tampa, West Palm Beach
    9/1/98, 8/9/00, 8/12/00, 4/11/03, 4/12/03, 4/13/03, 4/19/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04, 10/3/04, 10/8/04, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 10/30/2013, 4/8/2016, 4/9/2016, 4/11/2016, 4/13/2016
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    tybird wrote:
    hippies....hippies, all they want to do is smoke pot and smell bad..:D

PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S

yep, once upon a time, that would have looked like heaven to me!!! to each his own, i'm just not into the festival thing anymore.

i don't understand all of the bashing going on though, i think its great that there is a show happening at all, and i'm happy for the people who are going, but it just won't be me for bonnaroo.

oh well, another day, another round of drama at the pit ...
  • dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    i just wish i had taken some pictures of incidents i have witnessed at "pearl jam only" shows...

where some guy purposely dumped his beer on some poor girls posters she just purchased....because she bought the last 2 and he got shut out...

or a picture of the guy in boston who threw his cup of beer in the air and drenched everyone...

or a picture of the guy who threw up on the 4 people in front of him....all over their new posters and shirts.....

or a picture of the guy in calgary while standing in front of me to get a beer was so fucking drunk passed out and cracked his head....

or a picture of the assfucks sitting in front of me in cleveland who were trying to start a fucking fight with everyone they possibly could....

or a picture of 10club members sneaking as many people in to the front rows as they possibly could.....thus fucking over everyone in those rows who purchased tickets....

and most of those incidents were the act of the holier than thou "10 club members"

i get all that, but at least a pj only crowd would be 1/5th the size of bonaroo. so, multiply all that by 5.....or more

play the south
    for realz

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • dangerboy wrote:
    i get all that, but at least a pj only crowd would be 1/5th the size of bonaroo. so, multiply all that by 5.....or more

play the south
    for realz
    i realize you get it.....
    you are one of the few on this thread that "gets it"........

bat wings........
    play the south

announce a southern tour

see you at Bonnaroo
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• NEXT year I will feel much more entitiled to complaining about a Festival. (Esp. Bonnaroo....since I've never been). Until then.....I remain appreciative of everyone's comments regarding them. It IS expensive....and also too far to travel.... for others. But I do plan to go....personally not having had this experience yet.....and am hoping that other's here living in the South still plan to go. I am encourgaged one moment, and then discouraged the next. I am getting off of here now, so I can feel good about going. Hope to still see some of you there. If not....hope to meet some of you in the near future.
    The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated - Gandhi

"Empty pockets will Allow a greater Sense of wealth...." EV/ITW

Good taste in music does not equal good manners, very true.

...and you can't go wrong with a good grilled cheese sandwich. :D

..but I still don't like festivals, Sam I am.

PTS
    play the south

announce a southern tour

see you at Bonnaroo!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

bat wings........

I'm sorry, I've forgotten where this argument came from or where it is going. What are we, the members of this thread supposed to feel stupid, ashamed, uncool about?

we can choose to go to Bonaroo, yes, or choose not to. And we can choose to petition the band to play 10c shows in the south, so those of us who cannot or will not go to Bonaroo can see Pearl Jam.

I'm lost.

uh, back to the purpose....

playthesouth

tourthesouth

• SPALMA wrote:
    I'm sorry, I've forgotten where this argument came from or where it is going. What are we, the members of this thread supposed to feel stupid, ashamed, uncool about?

we can choose to go to Bonaroo, yes, or choose not to. And we can choose to petition the band to play 10c shows in the south, so those of us who cannot or will not go to Bonaroo can see Pearl Jam.

I'm lost.

playthesouth

tourthesouth
    "get used to it"
  • TheGossmanTheGossman Posts: 1,120

bat wings........

hahahaha
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
  • "Sir Speedy McCready" means wll....just VERY sarcastic. Speedy knows he's "Good Ol' Boy) deep down inside! Ha! Anyway ....is there anyone that truly wants to meet anyone off of this "southern" thread at 'roo? If not - that's fine. We just want to go and have a great time!
    The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated - Gandhi

• dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    SPALMA wrote:

I'm lost.

playthesouth

tourthesouth

see, he thinks we should take advantage of any opportunity we can get to see them since they're not playing the south at large. i appreciate that, but i also appreciate the want for a batch of dates around the south that are dedicated pj shows. it's a tough line to walk.

flying into nashville is a possibility. but it looks like i'll have to buy tickets for all four days if i want tickets for just one. and one will be quite enough....it's turning out to be a 1000 dollar weekend no matter how i do it. if they were regular pj shows throughout the south, i could do five of them for that money...

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • thanks for playing bonnaroo

please tour the south
    Atlanta 92
    Columbia 08
    Atlanta 12
    Charlotte 13
    St Louis 14
    Greenville 16
    St Louis 22
    Seattle 24
  • SPALMA wrote:

I'm lost.

playthesouth

tourthesouth
    i wasnt arguing with anyone...

how are you people supposed to feel?? stupid.. ashamed.. uncool???
    sorry i have no response for this...because i have no fucking idea what you are talking about.....

what i do know is this....

JTR jerked basically everyone in this thread around for over a fucking year....

and you ALL believed him....right??

then he makes a post in here earlier this week.....and i watch people go right back to falling for his bullshit again....and telling people how he is "legit" ....and how he has "inside information".......

dangerboy knows for a fact that it was all bullshit.....in other words he "GETS IT"....

and thats all i was saying....

get it???
  • THIS board has suddenly "become my life." I think that Pearl Jam members would like it if we all took a break.....and went and actually LIVED our lives. This is all so stupid (Except that PJ still needs to give much consideration to their southern fans - other than Bonnaroo). With THAT said.....Go drink....go be with your friends....go live your lives! I plan to do the same! Have a GREAT NIGHT every Southern PJ Fan!!!

Capstoner wrote:
    thanks for playing bonnaroo

please tour the south

play the south

announce a southern tour

see you at Bonnaroo!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

i wasnt arguing with anyone...

and you ALL believed him....right??

then he makes a post in here earlier this week.....and i watch people go right back to falling for his bullshit again....and telling people how he is "legit" ....and how he has "inside information".......

dangerboy knows for a fact that it was all bullshit.....in other words he "GETS IT"....

and thats all i was saying....

get it???

wow... you must know everything about everybody...

how do you know this truth?

So what is it to you?

Who are you? Why do you care?

tourthesouth