***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• SPALMA wrote:
    wow... you must know everything about everybody...

how do you know this truth?

So what is it to you?

Who are you? Why do you care?

tourthesouth

who are you???

why do you give a fuck about something i said to dangerboy?????

how do i know this truth??? i can fucking read.....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    dangerboy wrote:
    see, he thinks we should take advantage of any opportunity we can get to see them since they're not playing the south at large. i appreciate that, but i also appreciate the want for a batch of dates around the south that are dedicated pj shows. it's a tough line to walk.

flying into nashville is a possibility. but it looks like i'll have to buy tickets for all four days if i want tickets for just one. and one will be quite enough....it's turning out to be a 1000 dollar weekend no matter how i do it. if they were regular pj shows throughout the south, i could do five of them for that money...

I flew to Lisbon and Denver to see them last tour. They will surely play somewhere else in the future, if they do not play the south. Some future options may even be cheaper than Bonaroo. Why the emphasis on Bonaroo... a festival, in the south as our only option?

The attitude lately is "shut the fuck up and go to Bonaroo" and quit whining.

(am not talking about you)

Why can't we just continue chanting, petitioning, hoping and waiting on this thread without such contentious bullshit arising?

playthesouth
    TOURthesouth
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
    who are you???

why do you give a fuck about something i said to dangerboy?????

how do i know this truth??? i can fucking read.....

to dangerboy? I thought this was a public thread. IM him.

• SPALMA wrote:
    to dangerboy? I thought this was a public thread. IM him.
    it is a public thread.....correct....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Just reading ALL of these threads....numerous as they may be. Lukinfan seems like such a wonderful person at heart. His only goal is for Pearl Jam to play the South.....Bonnaroo....and hopefully more. We all- living here in the South - just sit and we wait. We wait with you Lukinfan. We can all take a BIG "Que" from you..........doesn't pay to be arguementative. PJ will be here - somewhere in the South. Other than Bonnaroo. I KNOW they hear us.

PLAY THE SOUTH PEARL JAM
    C'mon Eddie, you KNOW we love you!
    The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated - Gandhi

"Empty pockets will Allow a greater Sense of wealth...." EV/ITW
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Rose1963 wrote:
    Just reading ALL of these threads....numerous as they may be. Lukinfan seems like such a wonderful person at heart. His only goal is for Pearl Jam to play the South.....Bonnaroo....and hopefully more. We all- living here in the South - just sit and we wait. We wait with you Lukinfan. We can all take a BIG "Que" from you..........doesn't pay to be arguementative. PJ will be here - somewhere in the South. Other than Bonnaroo. I KNOW they hear us.

PLAY THE SOUTH PEARL JAM

this is just one of many arguments that has busted out on this thread since it started, and it won't be the last I'm sure.

i have a good feeling about this year, can't say why, but i'm not going to let rumors from jtr or anyone else take that away from me. if it turns out that i'm wrong, then so be it, i can live with that.

bonnaroo will no doubt be an amazing show...... expensive, but amazing! can't wait to hear all about it!!!

in the mean time, i'm still hoping for a tour of the south, its been too long!
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    Rose1963 wrote:
    Just reading ALL of these threads....numerous as they may be. Lukinfan seems like such a wonderful person at heart. His only goal is for Pearl Jam to play the South.....Bonnaroo....and hopefully more. We all- living here in the South - just sit and we wait. We wait with you Lukinfan. We can all take a BIG "Que" from you..........doesn't pay to be arguementative. PJ will be here - somewhere in the South. Other than Bonnaroo. I KNOW they hear us.

PLAY THE SOUTH PEARL JAM
    You're so sweet, thank you. And yes, my number one concern on here is for PJ to play the south. I love the message pit, but it's easy to get caught up with all of the crap on here. I can't wait for Bonnaroo and to meet everyone that's going.

play the south

announce a southern tour

see you at Bonnaroo!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    Rose1963 wrote:
    THIS board has suddenly "become my life." I think that Pearl Jam members would like it if we all took a break.....and went and actually LIVED our lives. This is all so stupid (Except that PJ still needs to give much consideration to their southern fans - other than Bonnaroo). With THAT said.....Go drink....go be with your friends....go live your lives! I plan to do the same! Have a GREAT NIGHT every Southern PJ Fan!!!

even though i maybe recognized as a regular, i actually took about a 9 month or more break from this thread maybe dropping a quick bump every three months or so. it's only recently that i even started to post here again...

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    i wasnt arguing with anyone...

how are you people supposed to feel?? stupid.. ashamed.. uncool???
    sorry i have no response for this...because i have no fucking idea what you are talking about.....

what i do know is this....

JTR jerked basically everyone in this thread around for over a fucking year....

and you ALL believed him....right??

then he makes a post in here earlier this week.....and i watch people go right back to falling for his bullshit again....and telling people how he is "legit" ....and how he has "inside information".......

dangerboy knows for a fact that it was all bullshit.....in other words he "GETS IT"....

and thats all i was saying....

get it???

i don't claim my infor is better than anybody else's. i'[m willing to disclose it to a certain extent, though, whereas some others felt their information would only convince one person and not stand up to scrutiny. maybe he knows ed, i have no idea. it's just that his information never matched mine, and i got really tired of ass-kissing and empty promises.

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
    play the south

announce a southern tour

see you at Bonnaroo!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• dangerboy wrote:
    i don't claim my infor is better than anybody else's. i'[m willing to disclose it to a certain extent, though, whereas some others felt their information would only convince one person and not stand up to scrutiny. maybe he knows ed, i have no idea. it's just that his information never matched mine, and i got really tired of ass-kissing and empty promises.

Once again, I agree. I quit trusting JTR a long time ago and I hope I'm right, especially this time, considering what he said.......

TOUR THE SOUTH!!!!!!!!

Pat
    Atlanta 3/94
    Charleston 10/96
    Greenville 4/98
    Charlotte 8/00
    Charlotte 4/03
    Gorge I & II 7/06
    Columbia 6/08
    Jazz Festival 5/10
    Noblesville 5/10
  • Hey there Lukinfan! It will be nice to meet you, your wife, your fellow PJ friends at 'roo. My husband and I are still going - and will figure out any other possible Southern tours that Pearl Jam WILL do....when the time comes! Ha! Even if Metalica (NEVER was a fan of their's) is playing, It will still still prove to be a good time! Hoping to bring some friends along as well....but when they saw that "Metalica" thing....not sure anymore. Turn off. Time will tell.
    The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated - Gandhi

"Empty pockets will Allow a greater Sense of wealth...." EV/ITW
    playthesouth
    tourthesouth

• please tour the south

the south loves PJ

thanks for playing bonnaroo
    Atlanta 92
    Columbia 08
    Atlanta 12
    Charlotte 13
    St Louis 14
    Greenville 16
    St Louis 22
    Seattle 24
  • no bonaroo for me and mine...but i have the feeling they're just not in town for a quickie.

peace to you Southern PJ freaks out there.

P.S. Black Crowes "Warpaint" comes out March 4th---had a listen to and it smokes!
    “It’s the idea that people living close to nature tend to be noble. It’s seeing all those sunsets that does it. You can’t watch a sunset and then go off and set fire to your neighbor’s tepee. Living close to nature is wonderful for your mental health.”

Daniel Quinn
    For any Southerns that post here and are on Myspace that are going to Bonnaroo, please add the following page:

http://www.myspace.com/unitedjammersofbonnaroo

play the south

announce a southern tour

see you at Bonnaroo!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

LukinFan wrote:
    For any Southerns that post here and are on Myspace that are going to Bonnaroo, please add the following page:

http://www.myspace.com/unitedjammersofbonnaroo

play the south

announce a southern tour

see you at Bonnaroo!
    play the south

announce a southern tour

see you at Bonnaroo!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    The South
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    play the south

announce a southern tour

see you at Bonnaroo!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

tourthesouth
    playthesouth

"...I laid three dimes down, but the machine wanted twenty-five cents."

PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • rhinomagicrhinomagic Posts: 2,549
    Back in for a quick late-weekend, Grammy-watching bump.

I'll be at Bonnaroo, but also hoping for more access to PJ shows this year. The South in principle, but I'd consider traveling just about anywhere on the continent at this point.

Lookin' forward to meeting some of you great people there. Perhaps we should adopt a symbol/flag to put on our tents so that we can spot each other?

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • rhinomagic wrote:

I'll be at Bonnaroo, but also hoping for more access to PJ shows this year. The South in principle, but I'd consider traveling just about anywhere on the continent at this point.

Lookin' forward to meeting some of you great people there. Perhaps we should adopt a symbol/flag to put on our tents so that we can spot each other?

Great idea!!
  • the south loves PJ

please tour the south

Atlanta 92
    Columbia 08
    Atlanta 12
    Charlotte 13
    St Louis 14
    Greenville 16
    St Louis 22
    Seattle 24
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388
    rhinomagic wrote:

may as well bring it over here.....think the skull you posted would be great....could do additional southern version as well.....maybe certain color.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • please tour the south

Atlanta 92
    Columbia 08
    Atlanta 12
    Charlotte 13
    St Louis 14
    Greenville 16
    St Louis 22
    Seattle 24
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    Play the South!!!
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
    play the south

announce a southern tour

see you at Bonnaroo!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

playthesouth

tourthesouth

PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S